• Published 15th Jun 2015
  • 1,213 Views, 9 Comments

Snowy Days and Nights - TheBluWaffle



When Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy get caught in an unexpected snowstorm, it's up to Dash to save a weakened Fluttershy from an icy grave.

  • ...
1
 9
 1,213

Part 4- Dash's Nightmare

Rainbow Dash opened her eyes, glancing around sluggishly. She shot up, noticing that she was still in the same bed as in the hospital. Yet there was no hospital. The entire room had dissolved into a large white space, where noting was seen. Dash clutched her sheet in fear. Where was she, and how in the world did she get here? She gulped down the lump in her throat, looking around again, trying to find anything she could see. She gasped when she spotted another hospital bed that had suddenly appeared a little ways away. She tried to make out the figure on it, and she immediately spotted some pink fluff that was lying on the pillow.

"Fluttershy!" She immediately hopped out of the bed and ran over to her. She hadn't seen her since the blizzard and it was needless to say that she was excited.

Suddenly, something grabbed one of her hind hooves. She looked down to see a strange black rope wrap around the hoof. She tugged and pulled at it, but it did not want to let go. She looked over to the bed, and she saw a strange dark mist form around the defenseless yellow Pegasus. Dash tried to shake off the dark rope that was hindering her progress, but every time she struggled, the thing pulled tighter. Her heart was filled with fear as the mist rolled closer to her. Fluttershy, who was sleeping, didn't even notice the mist. Dash wished she would wake up and run away, but she didn't.

Suddenly, another rope pulled her other hind leg, making her fall onto her front. She tried to kick them off, but to no avail. The ropes started pulling her backwards, towards her own bed. She used her front hooves to try and gain some traction, hopefully to stop herself. It was a failure. She looked back up at the black mist, and now she could see some outlined figures start to roll in. She couldn't do anything to stop them, which frightened her to the core. She was always her protector, and to not be her protector for even just a second made her feel guilty.

"Fluttershy! Wake up!" She yelled, hoping she would hear her. The ropes kept pulling her back to the bed, and Fluttershy wasn't waking up. The figures were right on her, and the whole white room was dimming fast. The ropes reached the bed and pinned Dash too it, her hooves stuck on the side. She watched on in horror as the figures fell over her, and the room went black. Dash cried her name again, feeling the a piece of her get ripped from her soul.

--Dash shot up screaming, sweating, and shaking. Her heart was beating hard and fast inside her chest. She quickly glanced around the room. The familiar machines and cabinets made her feel relieved. It also wasn't pitch black. The light from the moon shown through the window, Dash thanking it silently. She laid herself back down on the bed, trying to calm herself from the horrible scene she had just witnessed.

"C-Calm down Dash...it was just a dream..." She quietly said to herself. "F-Fluttershy's fine! She...she hasn't been engulfed by the darkness yet..."

How do you know? Her mind asked.

Her conscious had her there. She really didn't know Fluttershy's status at the moment. She didn't know if she was alive and safe. She didn't know if she would...

She had to stop. The negative thoughts were making her more and more frightened and sad by the second. She had to think positive, like earlier.

"F-Fluttershy's fine." Dash said, a large amount of uncertainty in her voice. She gulped, laying her head down on the pillow. Just chill Dash. She's alright, you know it. Relax...

Dash took a deep breath as she willed herself back to sleep. It took several minutes, but eventually, she faded.