• Published 30th Apr 2012
  • 2,196 Views, 39 Comments

A face of names - DTFluttershy



The mane 6 each meet there perfect Coltfirend, but Spike and the CMC thinks somethings going on

  • ...
1
 39
 2,196

Chapter 7: Borealis' Party

At the library Twilight and Rarity was sitting down to tea while Sweetie Belle was playing with Spike. That was the original plan but, Sweetie Belle decided to read after she caught Spike playing with the bride and groom decorations from the wedding. Don’t ask. Anyway, Twilight and Rarity were talking about Borealis. “I just can’t believe you stumbled into him by accident Twilight.”

“I know. I mean you hear romance stories like about mares finding their perfect stallion, but that’s all fiction. And it’s just me. I mean, I am a bit socially awkward.”

“Oh no Twilight you’re not. I mean you were at first but, you’ve been so much more open of recent.”

“Well that’s all completely down to...” Before Twilight could answer, she heard a knock on the door. “Ooh. That must be Borealis,” said Twilight as she headed for the door. She quickly checked in a mirror to make sure she was alright and opened the door. “Oh Borealis, I cannot tell you how much I...” She stopped. There was no one there. “Mm. Must be something faulty with the bell.” And with a heavy sigh, she shut the door.

Or at least she tried to. As the door shut fully, there was a very loud cry of pain. “YOUCH.” Twilight looked as Borealis slowly appeared with his tail caught in the door.

“Borealis,” questioned Twilight.

“OPEN THE DOOR. OPEN THE DOOR. OPEN THE DOOR,” begged Borealis. Twilight quickly reopened the door and Borealis’ tail came in. “Ugh. Thank you Twilight. Thank you.”

“Are you alright Borealis,” asked Twilight.

“Ooh. I’ve been better.”

“What were you playing at anyway?”

“I’d thought I’d surprise you. You see I’ve been working on a new invisibility spell to make us invisible for longer and I wanted to show you my progress.”

“Ah, that’s sweet. But, you really shouldn’t do that.”

“I’m sorry my little sparkler,” said Borealis. “Can you ever forgive?”

Twilight giggled out of embarrassment. “Little sparkler. What’s that, my pet name you gazer?”

“Well clearly your intent on doing them yourself,” said Borealis getting closer to Twilight, “my little star light.”

“Oh Borealis,” said Twilight. The two closed the gap and began to make out gently began to kiss. Both however being lost in the moment mounted onto their hind legs and hugged to get closer. They would have gotten further, if they hadn’t been interrupted.

“Ahem.”

The two opened there eyes to see Rarity standing there. Both soon realised how far they had gotten. They quickly got back down and all fours and began to mumble and stutter there apologies to each other. “Oh don’t worry about it Darling’s. You’re just in love that’s all. I completely understand. So you must be Borealis. Twilight has told me so much about you.”

“And you must Miss Rarity,” said Borealis. “Twilight tells me that you are Ponyville’s finest dress maker, and that you have connections in Canterlot.”

“Well I do happen to know Sapphire Shores, Fancy Pants as well as Hoity Toity and Photo Finnish.”

Rarity was pleased. “Speaking of which, I am afraid I must go Darlings.”

“Oh come on Rarity,” said Twilight. “You can at least stay for 10 more minutes.”

“Well, I suppose it couldn’t hurt. Anyway Sweetie Belle does appear to be enjoying her reading,” said Rarity pointing to the young filly. “And anyway I must make sure that, you are a true gentlecolt.” Before the three could go back to the table, the door opened once more, as in stepped a small foal. “‘Ello Miss Twilight.”

“Oh, hey there Pipsqueak,” said Twilight. “Here to return those books?”

“Not exactly. More like to renew them, and get some more, if that’s alright?”

“Well of course it. Hand me those books and I’ll let you find some more.” Twilight used her magic to take the books away and take them to her desk.

“Is that a Trottingham voice I hear,” said Borealis.

“Tha’ be true sir. Pipsqueak’s the name.”

“Borealis Aura.”

“Nice ta meet ya Mr. Bore-al-is.” Borealis sighed at the miss pronunciation of his name. “Oh and uh, Miss Rarity. Nice to see you too. Is uh, Sweetie Belle around?”

“Why yes. She’s reading over there.” Rarity pointed towards Sweetie Belle.

“Thanks,” said Pipsqueak as he trotted towards Sweetie Belle. Sweetie Belle was reading a book that clearly she was confused about. “’Ello Sweetie Belle. Whatcha readin’?”

“Oh just a silly little baby’s book,” said Sweetie Belle. “Something about trains with faces. “Sweetie Belle giggled. “This one about a little engine and how he went fishing.” She giggled some more. “And that one over there is about one that wouldn’t come of a tunnel because it was raining. I mean how silly.”

“He he. Yeah silly,” said Pipsqueak.

“Come along Sweetie Belle,” called Rarity. “The Taxi’s here.”

“OK then sis. See ya Pipsqueak.”

“See ya.”

Rarity and Sweetie Belle left, with the stallion in front struggling to move with all the bags. Twilight Borealis and Spike watched. “All right then,” said Twilight. “I’d better get back to Pipsqueak’s books.”

Spike and Borealis kept watching, with Spike staring dreamingly at Rarity. Borealis only laughed slightly. Spike took notice of this. “What’s so funny?”

“Oh, it’s just that stallion struggling with the cart.” Borealis turned and headed back to the library, then he said quietly, but loud enough for Spike to hear, “And the fact you think you have a chance with her.”

Spike was appalled and chased after him back to the library. “And what exactly is that meant to me...”

“Spike,” called Twilight. “Hey Spike can you go find Pipsqueak. I have his books ready.”

“No need Miss,” came a voice. The three turned to see Pipsqueak standing there, his head held low.

“Ah Pipsqueak,” said Twilight. “Here are your books and I’m ready to check more out for you.”

“No thanks Miss Twilight,” said Pipsqueak sadly. “And, cancel the old books as well.”

“Is everything alright Pipsqueak?”

“Yeah. I’m fine Miss,” and Pipsqueak slowly trotted away.

“I wonder what’s wrong with him,” said Spike.

“I’m sure he’ll be fine,” said Borealis. “So Twilight, what were you saying about my party.”

“Oh yes the party,” said Twilight quickly. “Now then, I’m sure you’ll recall my friend Pinkie Pie...”

Spike was taken slightly aback. Pipsqueak was obviously upset and Twilight simply, brushed aside. Something was not right and Spike was determined to find out what, as soon as he finished the story arc with the bride and groom.

The noise from Sugar cube corner could only mean one thing. Pinkie was celebrating the arrival of another pony had arrived in Ponyville and Pinkie was making sure that everypony knew about it. Thankfully Mr. and Mrs. Cake had taken to twins (much to Mr. Cake’s displeasure) to Mrs. Cakes Mother’s house, so Pinkie was free to party as she wanted to.

Twilight had her reservation over whether Borealis would like Pinkie’s loud parties. But surprisingly he did well. He interacted well with the other ponies and was as ever very polite. “So Borealis,” asked Pinkie, “are you enjoying the party?”

“Of course I am Pinkie. I wouldn’t have expected anything less from Ponyville’s premier party pony Pinkie Pie.”

“That’s what my card says.”

“It sure doe, wait. I haven’t seen you card.”

“Oh you haven’t. Here it is.” Pinkie handed a pink card to Borealis as both him and Twilight read it. Borealis read it aloud.

“Pinkie Pie. Ponyville’s premier party pony. Well what do you know?”

“I find it best never to question Pinkie Pie but what I do know is that this party is going great.”

“Well, Twilight you have really great friends.”

“Yeah I know I do.”

Then all of a sudden, Carrot Top burst in. The music stopped and everypony stared at her panting. “What’s wrong Carrot,” asked Rainbow Dash.

“One of the Royal Chariots has just entered Ponyville and it’s on its way here.”

Everypony began to talk at once. A Royal Chariot meant a Royal visit. Twilight however was confused. “I’m sure Princess Celestia would have given me some advanced warning if her or Princess Luna’s visit. Unless of course...huh.” Twilight gasped. “Um, Borealis I think it’s best if we leave now.”

Borealis was surprised. “I’d thought that you would love for a royal visit.”

“Not this one though.”

Soon, all of the ponies heard the door open as in stepped into room was the newlyweds. Princess Mi Amore Cadenza and her husband and Twilight’s brother, Shining Armour. However, they didn’t look friendly. Pinkie Pie was quick to greet them. “Hi and welcome to Borealis’ welcome as well as...”

The Princess and Shinning simply trotted past her. They ignored all of the ponies and simply totted towards Twilight and Borealis. “Uh-oh,” said Twilight. Sinning and Cadence stopped in front of them.

“Twilight,” said Shining Armour.

“Oh dear.”

“You never told me you had a coltfriend.”

“Here it comes.” Twilight prepared for the worst.

Shining Armour then smiled. “You should have told me. I would have loved to have hang out with him.”

“And there it is.”

Borealis was confused. “Hi. Shining Armour. Head of the Royal Guard.”

“Um. Borealis Aura. Erm explorer I guess.”

“Awesome you’re an explorer.”

“Well trying to be an explorer. I’m making sure I know everything before I start.”

“Wow. Twily, you picked a good one this time.”

“Please stop,” said Twilight under her breath.

“Come on Borealis. Let’s go and talk.”

“Sure, I guess,” and the two trotted to get a drink, leaving Twilight looking miserable. Cadence was curious.

“What’s wrong Twilight? I thought you would have loved to have seen your big brother get along with your coltfriend?”

“Yeah,” added Applejack. “I wished Big Mac was like that with Lasso.”

“That’s the problem though,” said Twilight. “He gets to friendly with them and tells them embarrassing stories, or worst drives them away because of it.” The three mares looked towards the two stallions. Shining was laughing at some remark and Borealis put on an awkward smile.”Excuse me while I bang my head against a wall.”

“I have such a wall over here,” said Pinkie.

“Thanks Pinkie.”

From there on in, for Twilight at least the party went downhill. Shining spent the rest of the evening talking to Borealis about Twilight’s childhood. Twilight continued to at least metaphorically hit her head against the wall when with the two. Borealis kept trying to put on a smile and occasionally laughed awkwardly. Soon though, ponies began to leave Pinkie was turning the music down. And thanks to Twilight’s relief, Shining and Cadence were leaving. “Well, it was nice meeting you Borealis,” said Shinning.

“Erm yes. Pleasure to meet you as well. Oh and erm, congratulations on your marriage and all.”

“He he. You’re alright. Well then Twily, I’ll be seeing you around.”

Twilight did her best to put on a genuine smile for her big brother. “Be seeing you around then Shining. Princess Cadence.”

“Bye Twilight,” said Cadence, and the newlyweds climbed into their carriage and were hauled away. Twilight gave an aspirated sigh.

“Well um, that was interesting,” said Borealis.

“I am so sorry about my brother,” said Twilight. “He gets that sort of way when I get a knew coltfriend.”

“Don’t worry about it. I’ve dealt with that sort of pony before. Friendly, but can get on your nerves. Don’t worry about it too much.”

“Thank you Borealis.” Twilight stole a quick kiss from Borealis. “Alright then Pinkie. Borealis and I are going to head back to the library.”

“Yes we will be and thank you once miss Pie. I couldn’t have asked for a better introduction to Ponyville.” Borealis stuck out his hoof, but Pinkie resorted to giving him a bear hug.

“Don’t worry about it. I’m just glad you’re making Twilight happy and of course you were so polite and...”

“Um Pinkie. I think you’re squeezing Borealis to hard.”

“Oh Sorry,” and Pinkie dropped Borealis who gasped for air. “See ya soon then,” and Pinkie bounced into Sugar Cube Corner.

“Well, I suppose we’d better get back to the library,” said Borealis.

“Yeah I suppose we should. I bet you can’t catch me.”

“Oh it is on,” said Borealis as he chased after Twilight playfully. “When I catch I am going to kiss you and I won’t be able to stop.”

“Who said about wanting to stop?”

Soon Twilight burst through the doors of the library door giggiling. “I told I could beat you here.”

Borealis quickly followed behind. “Alright then you win. Let me give the winner a winning kiss.”

“Oh you sneaky little stallion,” said Twilight, as the two embraced each other and began to kiss deeply, both moaning with pleasure. With both ponies still being rather young, they quickly moved onto using their tongues, dancing in and out of each other’s mouths. They had remembered how they nearly got this far this morning if not interrupted. But now there was nothing to interrupt them. It was all about Twilight and Borealis. Borealis and Twilight...”

“Uh. Twilight.”

Damn. Twilight and Borealis broke the kiss to see a still sleepy Spike. “Oh Spike, did we wake you up?”

“A little,” grumbled Spike.

“Oh Sorry. I guess we got a little carried away. Borealis will be staying here tonight as well by the way.”

“Sure whatever. Can I have my milk now?”

“Um Spike,” said Borealis, “pardon me for asking but, aren’t you a little old to be having warm milk before bed?”

“Only when he’s been woken up,” said Twilight. “Could you take care of it Borealis? It’s just that I’ve got to clean up a little. Spike, go back to your bed and Borealis will make it for you.”

“Sure I guess,” said spike as he went to bed. A few moments later as Spike was getting comfortable and waited for Borealis to come in with his milk. He did eventually. “Ah thank you,” said Spike expecting Borealis to take it to him. He didn’t. He just stood there in the door way, levitated the glass of milk towards Spike, and left shutting the door firmly behind him.

“Gee, what’s biting up his flank?” As Spike took a sip, he nearly spat it back out. Grudgingly he swallowed. It defiantly milk, but it seemed to have out the outside of it heated beyond warm, and the inside to still feel cold. “How hard is it to make warm milk if your ‘oh so intelligent.’” He said out of annoyance. He daren’t drink it again. Looks like a bad night ahead for him.

Twilight meanwhile was looking in one of her closets for a spare blanket for Borealis. “Where is it? Come on.” She then heard the door opening and turned. There stood Borealis. “Oh hey there. Did Spike like his milk?”

“Drank it down.”

“Oh good. Um, could you per chance help me find a blanket for you?”

“Why do you need find another blanket?”

“Well um,” Twilight blushed.

“Why don’t I show you one of the benefits of sharing a bed.”

Borealis approached Twilight and kissed her again on the lips. It didn’t take long for Twilight to respond back. Twilight didn’t put up much of a fight either as she opened her mouth to let Borealis in and to fall back onto the bed. They continued to make out. Twilight however felt she had to intervene. “Borealis. Wait. It’s too soon.”

“I know it is Twilight. Still doesn’t mean we can at least cuddle.” Borealis got off of Twilight and trotted towards one side of the bed. Twilight also got up and went to the other side and both climber in, with Twilight putting her head on Borealis’ chest, listening to his gentle heart beat. He also lightly kissed Twilight on her head and rubbed her side.

“You are just so good to me, you know that my little explorer,” said Twilight.

“And your too good to me,” said Borealis. And together the two drifted off to sleep. Meanwhile, Spike hoped he could do the same.