• Published 30th Apr 2012
  • 2,196 Views, 39 Comments

A face of names - DTFluttershy



The mane 6 each meet there perfect Coltfirend, but Spike and the CMC thinks somethings going on

  • ...
1
 39
 2,196

Chapter 4: CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS SLEEPOVER AT FLUTTERSHY'S AGAIN YAY!

The next morning, Celestia’s sun rose high and bright over Sweet apple Acre’s. On the highest hill in the orchard, a fire was smoking itself out as the last ember burnt out. Nearby lay two ponies, snuggled up against one another with the mare on the stallion’s chest. Applejack tried to get closer to her new colt friend Lasso in order to fell his warmth. The bright sun had not woken either pony seeing it had come up at such a rate.

However, the light in both ponies was quickly darkened. To dark even for one of Rainbow Dash’s tricks. As Applejack finally began to stir, she opened a sleepy eye to see what had woken her. Hanging over her head was a very cross earth pony. “Macintosh,” she bellowed.

This immediately woke up Lasso who out of instinct, quickly threw his hind legs into the air and bucked Macintosh right in the jaw. This didn’t do any real damage but was enough to disorient him. The next thing he knew was being lassoed again and falling onto his back once more. Lasso looked over him. “Ya know Big Mac, at first it was fun but now it’s getting pathetic.”

Applejack now looked over him. “What in the hay were ya’ll doin’ Big Mac.”

“I was goin ta apologise to ya and Mr. Rope, but then I discover I was right all along.”

“What da ya’ll mean,” asked Applejack.

“I mean he slept with you.”

The two quickly caught onto what Macintosh meant. Lasso snorted. “I did no such thing. We talked, cuddled and kissed a little, but that was it.”

“YA’LL KISSED HER,” bellowed Big Mac. “That is it, you are here by forbidden to come onto Apple family property.”

“BIG MAC.” This time the shout came from Applejack. “Big Mac, I kissed Lasso first.” Big Mac was left in a state of shock. “We talked about our parents in case yer wonderin’. Lasso lost his parents as well. And in case yer wonderin’, he didn’t mention it so we all didn’t git upset.”

Big Mac stayed silent. Applejack then took in a deep breath to calm herself. “Look, Big Mac, I know why yer tryin’ ter protect me, but ya gotta let me live ma own life. Ya can’t protect me forever.” She looked into Macintosh’s eyes. “Please Macintosh.”

Macintosh thought for a moment and then sighed. “Alright AJ. I’m sorry. I guess I have been too worried about ya.”

Applejack smiled. “Lasso, untie him.”

Lasso smiled back and quickly untied Big Mac. When his legs were free, Lasso helped him up to his hooves. “There ya go partner,” he said. “Hope were okay now.”

“Ya, we cool. And I’m sorry ah charged at ya and, pounced on ya yesterday.”

“No problem.” Lasso’s stomach growled. “Ah think it’s best if we get some breakfast.”

“Ah here that,” said Applejack. “Come on, let’s get back.”

As the three ponies trotted back to the house, Lasso stole a kiss from Applejack on the lips, prompting her to giggle and for Macintosh to cringe slightly. “Ah still ain’t gonna like this,” he said to himself.

Applebloom was still sleeping in her bed. As the sunlight shone through her window it crept its way to her eyes. Her eyes dimly fluttered open. She then turned onto her side in a attempt to wake up without the sun blinding her. As she slowly woke up, she noticed a glass on her bedside dresser. What little was left at the bottom was clearly a form of apple juice. As she sat up to get up, she noticed the time. She didn’t have a clock, but she could tell what time it was roughly from where the sun was in correlation with her room. “Oh no,” she gasped. “Ah over slept.”

Applebloom leapt out of her bed and galloped as fast as she could downstairs with her mane still in a bag. She burst into the kitchen. “SORRY AH OVERSLEPT GRANNY,” she bellowed. “Ah just don’t know what went...”

“No need to worry youngin’,” said Granny Smith.

“Ah know Granny, early ta be, early ta... Wait, wha did ya say?”

“Ah said its fine.” Granny Smith then turned towards the sink to do the washing up. “Ah had a feelin’ ya wouldn’t sleep well last night’, so I gave ya some of my special sleeping apple juice. Knocks ya out cold fer a good night’s rest.”

“Bu’ why would ya think tha’...,” Applebloom paused as she remembered the argument last night. “Oh, I see.” Applebloom looked away with a tear collecting in her eye.

Granny Smith then put a reassuring hoof on Applebloom’s shoulder. “Ya’ll shoudn’t dwell on the past Bloom. If kept doin’ that ah wouldn’t get anything’ done.”

“It’s not jus’ that Granny,” said Applebloom. “Its jus’ that, ah never seen Big Macintosh and Applejack fight like that.”

Granny smith smiled. “Don’t you worry ‘bout that. They’ve made up now and Lasso will be stayin’ with us as well.”

Applebloom perked up. “Really. Oh that’s fantastic news. Imagine how many Cutie mark options there are. Relation Cutie marks. Weddin’ cutie marks. Foal sittin’ cutie marks.” She then stopped. “Hey Granny, were do foals come from?”

Granny Smith’s eyes went wide with shock. “Uh,” she stuttered. “How ‘bout ah tell ya after breakfast and you git dressed.”

“Okay then Granny,” and Applebloom rushed upstairs to get her bow on.

“Phew,” said Granny Smith. She had to tell Macintosh were foals come from when Applejack was coming and Applejack when Applebloom came along. “I’ll let the school system tell her,” she said quietly.

Soon Applebloom came barrelling down the stairs with her trademark bow on. “Ah’m already now Granny. I’ll be havin’ ma weekend cereal please.” The apple family normally delved most things you would expect. Applebloom however being a young filly had a large sweet tooth and craved for things sweet. Natural sugars only get you so far in life. “Gimme a big ol’ bowl of the stuff Granny.”

“Sorry youngin’,” said Granny Smith. “All out.”

“Whadya mean,” said Applebloom sounding like she was about to cry.

“Well, seein’ as Lasso is stayin’, he wanted ta work ta repay us and he insisted on having an energetic breakfast, so ah gave ‘em yours.”

“But whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?”

“Well, ta be honest, after last time you had a big bowl of cereal,” she looked out of the window, “ah don’t mah flower bed will grow again.”

“But Granny, what will ah have fer breakfast?”

“Don’t worry youngin’,” said Granny Smith. “I’ll git yer somethin’.” Applebloom quickly darted towards the table. Normally when a situation occurred like this, Granny Smith always came up with something spectacular. As she waited with anticipation, Granny Smith trotted in with two bowls of something steaming. As she placed on in front of Applebloom, Applebloom looked down, and recoiled in disgust. “Oatmeal?”

“Eeyup. Nothin’ better to start with,” said Granny Smith.

Applebloom looked at the sloppy mess in her bowl. She picked some of it up with a spoon as it slowly slopped back into her bowl. “Please tell me tha’ I can put somethin’ in it,” she pleaded.

“Nonsense. Ya don’t need anythin’ on oatmeal. Just enjoy the natural taste,” said Granny Smith as she took in a spoonful.

Applebloom decided to follow suit, though she very quickly regretted the decision. The texture of the oatmeal made it feel like sick and Applebloom was forced to follow her gag reflex and spit it back into the bowl. Then she got the full taste. At least with vomit you had some taste. Applebloom put down her spoon and dismounted the table. “Ah think I’ll help everypony outside,” she said. At least out there she could have a few apples.

Things didn’t exactly go well for Applebloom for most of the day. The apples she took didn’t give her the sudden boost she needed. This gave her a feeling of depression for the morning. She especially grew envious towards Lasso. He had finished of her cereal. Her special cereal and he was bucking apple trees like no tomorrow. What really made her envious and Applejack highly impressed, was that he barley put any energy into bucking, and yet every apple fell of a tree.”Wow,” said Applejack. “How can ya’ll do that so fast?”

“Easy,” said Lasso. “You just have to look for the right spot on the tree.” He then approached the next tree and observed it for a moment. “There’s always a weak spot on a trees and if you hit it just right,” Lasso then gave the tree a swift kick as apples fell into the waiting bucket, “the apple come tumbin’ down.”

Applejack gasped in awe. Even Big Mac who was close by was impressed. Applebloom on the other hand, was cross. “Ya’ll think you can show me that how’ ta do that,” asked Applejack.

“But of course,” said Lasso. “What ‘bout you Big Mac?”

“Eenope. Ah’ve got ma own technique, but thanks fer the offer.”

“No sweat. Ah suppose you have better endurance anyway.”

Applejack was taken aback slightly. “Ah bet I’ve got more endurance then you Lasso,” she said.

“Oh, I’m sure ya do,” said Lasso slyly. Applejack then blushed and giggled a little as she realised her double entendre. Applebloom meanwhile began to grow an increasing hatred for Lasso.

When Lasso had taught Applejack how to do it, apples were falling left right and centre. Applebloom normally worked with Applejack. She bucked the apple trees whilst Applebloom ran around catching them. But with all the apples falling so quickly she couldn’t keep up. “Come on Applebloom,” Applejack would say. “Keep up.”

Applebloom was only a young filly and was only doing this until she learned how to buck an apple tree. When they came around to do another tree however, it happened. Applejack bucked the tree and the apples fell. Applebloom was ready to catch them. As the apples fell into the bucket, they hit it so hard the bucket gave out. It fell to pieces and the apples went tumbling to the ground. Applebloom wasn’t hurt due to the bottom of the bucket holding together, but she felt sorry for herself. “Applebloom,” said Applejack, “are ya’ll alright?”

“Ah think so, but I broke ma bucket. Ah’ll go git a new one.” And Applebloom galloped back to the barn. This gave her a chance to think. “Lasso’s just a big show off,” she said to herself. “Ah don’t care if I git ma cutie mark, the less time ah think ‘bout it, the better.”

On the way back, Applebloom thought even more. She noticed that everyone had gone out to work before she had even woke up. Then there was the communication. Normally on a job like this, Applejack always talked to Applebloom. Always giving her encouragement and helping her when it comes to collecting the apples. Today however, Applejack had barley said a word to her. She spent most of her time staring at Lasso and sighing a lot. ‘Grown ups are weird,’ she thought. She felt like she was losing Applejack as a sister. She then began to think of all the possible future times they could have together. Bucking her first apple tree, going to big pony school and, more importantly, her getting her cutie mark. All of that could be destroyed by this foreign intruder.

Applebloom was so furious, that she bucked a nearby tree to let out some stress. As she tried to calm herself, she heard a clunk in her bucket. She took it off her head and looked inside. Her eyes went wide. There in the middle, was a ripe apple, freshly bucked. She did it, she bucked her first tree. Quickly, she grabbed the apple from the bucket and galloped as fast as she could to Applejack.

“Applejack,” she cried as she put down the apple. “Big Macintosh, look what I...”

She stopped herself as she saw the events unfurl in front of her. There she saw Lasso pulling as hard as he could on his rope. The rope was hung around an apple tree. The tree was flexing almost as if it was a catapult. The tree surprisingly, hadn’t snapped or resisted. Lasso pulled as hard as he could, his hooves digging into the ground as he went. Applejack watched on in amazement. “Are ya’ll Big Mac,” she bellowed.

Far away, Big Mac was standing with a cart behind him, looking both nervous and concerned. “Eh, nope,” he said nervously.

“Alright then. Let ‘er rip Lasso.”

Lasso then let go of the rope, as he did, the tree shot forward and all the apples were let lose. They flew towards Big Mac. Big Mac crouched down and put his hooves over his head, waiting for the worst. However, all the apples landed in the cart. Big Mac got up and gave the ‘all good signal.’ Applejack could only cheer. “Woowee. Well done there Lasso. Ah didn’t think ya could do it.”

“Well, when you’ve got motivation anything’s possible,” he said.

When Applebloom got over the shock of the impossible, she remembered her original goal. “Look Applejack. Look.” She showed her the apple.

“Thanks kiddo,” said Lasso taking the apple away from Applebloom. “Ah needed a snack.” And he took a bite out of the Apple. He then proceeded to finishing it off. Applebloom just stared of in disbelief. “Well, better get the apples back to the barn.”

He and Applejack then hitched the carts together, and trotted off. Lasso threw the core of the apple away. Applebloom just kept staring into space. Her first apple was now no more than a core. As Applebloom finally regained her senses, the rage boiling up inside her was almost unbearable to contain. Before she could release her rage however, she was interrupted.

“APPLEBLOOM.”

Applebloom recognised those two voices anywhere. She turned around to find both Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, totting towards them. “Scootaloo. Applebloom.”

“CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS, YAY!”

With the arrival of her fellow crusaders, Applebloom forgot to be cross. “What are you two doin’ here.”

“Don’t you remember silly,” said Scootaloo. “Were having another sleepover at Fluttershy’s tonight.”

“Oh yea, ah forgot.”

“CUTIE MARK CRUSADER SLEEPOVER AT FLUTTERSHY’S AGAIN YAY!”

“Wait,” asked Applebloom, “where is Fluttershy?”

“Oh, right here,” came a familiar voice. In trotted Fluttershy, smiling as ever and her own precious stone hung around her neck in a necklace.

“Sorry we left out behind their Fluttershy,” said Scootaloo.

“Oh don’t worry about. You were just excited about seeing Applebloom again. I completely understand. So, how was your day Applebloom.”

Applebloom suddenly remembered her day, as her hyper activeness seemed to just float away. “Well, first thing is that Applejack has a new...”

“Who goes there?”

The 4 mares suddenly jumped as a voice came from the trees. Fluttershy quickly hid under her hooves. In from the shadows came Lasso. “Who the hay are you,” he asked.

“Who the hay are we,” said Scootaloo, quickly confronting the stallion. “A better question would be, who the hay are you?”

As much as Applebloom would have loved to have seen Lasso get beaten up, she knew Scootaloo wouldn’t last long against his rope. “Scootaloo, calm down. This is Loose Rope, or Lasso. Applejack’s new coltfriend.”

“Aw,” went Sweetie Belle. “Applejack got one as well.”

Scootaloo just cringed slightly. “Well, seeing as you do look trust worthy,” said Lasso, “ah guess I have nothing ta fear. Ah’m guessing your some of Applebloom’s friends.”

“Best friends actually,” said Scootaloo. “I’m Scootaloo, and that’s Sweetie Belle.”

Fluttershy upon hearing Applejack knew this colt, stood up, but was still being rather defensive. “And who are you lil’ lady,” asked Lasso.

“Oh, I’m, Fluttershy,” she said quietly.

“Um, pardon,”

“My name is um, Fluttershy.”

“One more time please ma’am. Ah didn’t quite catch that.”

“Ugh,” said Scootaloo finally losing patience. “Her name is Fluttershy.”

“Oh, one of Applejack’s friends.” He approached the cowering Pegasus. “Please ta meet ya,” he said holding out a hoof.

Fluttershy slowly accepted as he shook his hoof. “Nice to meet you,” she said quietly.

“So what brings you round these parts,” asked Lasso.

“Well, I was just taking Applebloom and her friends to my house for a sleepover. I was about to actually go and see Applejack to tell her.”

“Don’t fret about it,” said Lasso. “I’ll tell her. Ah just came back to retrieve ma rope.” Lasso soon unwound his lasso from the tree and placed it over his neck. “Pleasure meetin’ ya miss Fluttershy. Take care of ‘em,” and Lasso disappeared back into the trees.

“He’s seems nice,” said Sweetie Belle.

“Trust me, he ain’t,” said Applebloom.

“Oh why would you think that,” asked Fluttershy as the 4 fillies began to walk to Fluttershy’s cottage.

“Well, first he eats ma special cereal,” began Applebloom, “then he made Apple bucking look sooooo easy, and then when I bucked ma first apple, he ate it. Ah didn’t even git to tell Applejack,” she said sadly.

Applebloom was clearly upset, so Fluttershy decided to cheer her up a bit. “Well, um Applebloom, you may not like him, but, what about your sister.”

Applebloom thought. It seemed as if all day, Applejack may have been ignoring her more, but she seemed so much more happier. “Well, ah guess she’s been happier ever since he arrived.”

“And don’t your sister to be happy,” asked Fluttershy.

“Ah guess so, but she hasn’t been paying attention to me almost all day.”

Fluttershy giggled slightly. “Don’t worry Applebloom. She’s just well, falling in love.”

“In love,” asked Scootaloo. “Bleugh. How can any mare fall in love with a colt?”

“You’ll understand one day Scootaloo,” said Fluttershy. “Anyway Applebloom, have you ever had a birthday present you were really in love with?”

Applebloom thought to herself. “Numerous times. Why?”

“And when you had them, did you ignore your sister and brother.”

“Ah, ah guess.”

“And when you were with the toys, did Applejack leave them alone for you to play with.”

“Yes.” Applebloom could see were this was going.

“Well, it’s that sort of thing, only this time with another pony. She let you play with those toys because it made you happy. So maybe you should do the same for her.”

“Ah guess,” said Applebloom slightly. “And ah suppose Lasso does treat her right. Shoot. Ah’ve been so selfish.” She kicked the dirt. “Ah’ve only been thinkin’ ‘bout myself. Thanks for the talk Fluttershy.”

“No problem Applebloom.”

The four ponies kept trotting along for a while until Sweetie Belle asked a question. “Fluttershy.”

“Yes Sweetie.”

“Have you ever had a colt friend?”

Fluttershy’s pupil’s shrunk as the question hit her. She then lowered her head and blushed. “Um, n, n, no, no I haven’t.”

“Thank Celestia,” said Scootaloo. “Not getting to tied down in that mushy gooiness eh Fluttershy?” Applebloom quickly hit Scootaloo in the shoulder. “Ow. What did I do?”

“Would you, like a colt friend,” continued Sweetie Belle.

“Oh um, not at the moment sweetie. I’m far too busy to be in a relationship at the moment.”

“Oh. Okay then,” said Sweetie Belle. “Just asking.”

Fluttershy stayed silent for the rest of the journey. Secretly, she did want a coltfriend. Someone there to care for her on stormy nights. Someone to keep her company whilst her friends were busy. She also wanted a baby. Animals were fine companions but after taking care of several small baby animals, she wanted to be a real mother. She had raised Angel bunny to be like her child, but he had grown up far too quickly and now could easily take care of himself.

She didn’t dwell on it for long for soon dusk fell and the cottage was in sight. “Alright then girls,” said Fluttershy as she opened the front door. “Sleepover time.”

“YAY,” cried the girls.

The sleepover this time had gone over a lot smoother than previously. Games were played like truth or dare, although no one ever picked dare when it was Scootaloo’s time to suggest it. Dinner also went down well with only a few spills and yet everyone seemed to have enjoyed the time despite it not being as hectic as previous.

However like most good things they must come to an end. Celestia’s sun had set ages ago and now Luna’s moon was high in the sky. Fluttershy was just putting the crusaders to sleep. “Right then,” said Fluttershy, “would anyone like a glass of water.”

“No thanks Fluttershy,” said Scootaloo. “We’re all good.”

“Do ya think you could sing to us again,” asked Applebloom. “I’d like to forget this day as soon as I possibly can.”

“Okay then,” said Fluttershy. But before she started, a ruckus was heard outside. They heard the chickens squawking in fear. Fluttershy looked nervous. “What was that,” she stuttered.

The crusaders didn’t know. They were a scared as Fluttershy. “Maybe one of the chickens just laid an egg,” said Applebloom hopefully.

“Or maybe they just saw a shadow that spooked them,” suggested Sweetie Belle calming herself.

“Or maybe it was a Cockatrice,” put in Scootaloo.

This was a suggestion none of them wanted to hear. The three young fillies began to scream as loud as the last time they met a Cockatrice. As the girls continued to scream, Fluttershy tried her best over the situation. “Now girls, there’s no need to panic.” It didn’t work. “Girls. Girls. GIRLS!” That last shout shut the three up. “Right. I’m going to go and see what disturbed the chickens. Stay here.”

“Bu’ Fluttershy,” said Applebloom, “what if it’s a cockatrice?”

“Don’t worry girls, I think after last time we met it, none are coming back.”

“But Fluttershy...”

“I’ll be fine girls. Don’t worry.” Fluttershy turned to the door and began to trot downstairs. In truth she was even more scared then the three fillies. But, she was the grown mare and she had to show bravery. Before she knew it, she was outside the chicken coop. She slowly looked inside. “Hello.”

No answer. She crept closer inside. “Hello. Anypony in here.” When she was inside the chicken coop, her eyes adjusted to the low light as she saw an enormous figure before her, turned away. It was clearly a stallion, but what terrified Fluttershy was the sheer size of him. He was even bigger then Big Macintosh and Fluttershy was intimidated by his size as it was.

She slowly began to back out, hoping the intruder wouldn’t notice ner. However a creaky floorboard caught his attention and he spun round. Fluttershy could now see his eyes. They looked as if they had no compassion for anything. Fluttershy was now petrified. She couldn’t move, she couldn’t scream, she was just frozen. The stallion began to approach her. He then stood tall over her looking down. ‘This is it,’ thought Fluttershy. She closed her eyes and lowered her head to prepare for the blow. It never came.

Fluttershy opened one eye and looked up. The stallion was gone. She relaxed slightly and opened both eyes. She looked down to see the stallion there. He was trying to make himself seem as small as possible. His hooves covered his eyes. He absolutely terrified. Fluttershy was confused. Now that the moon was shinning off the stallion and Fluttershy got a good look at him.

He was an earth pony and extremely muscular as Fluttershy first thought. His fur was a very light blue and could probably be mistaken for white. His mane was cut fairly long by most colt’s standards. His mane was also coloured blue but of a much darker shade but also joined by a even darker shade of clue that could easily be mistaken for black. He was indeed a very handsome stallion. But still left Fluttershy confused as to why this colt, who could easily look after himself, was cowering like this, especially in front of her.

Fluttershy then got down to the colt’s eye level. “Hello,” she sweetly. The colt lifted one hoof and his eye met with Fluttershy’s. Quickly though he jumped and retreated to the back of the chicken coop. Pressed up against the wall, he once again tried to make himself look as small as possible.

“Oh, no, no, no, no, don’t be scared,” said Fluttershy getting in closer. When Fluttershy got closer, she put a hoof on the stallions. He cringed slightly. Fluttershy’s touch however was very gentle. Finally the colt plucked up courage to remove his hooves and to open his eyes. Fluttershy finally got a proper look at them. They were of an ice blue and looked absolutely gorgeous. Her heart fluttered at the stallions beauty.

“What’s your name,” asked Fluttershy. Then response she got was a barely audible whisper. The mouth moved, but almost no noise came out. “Um, sorry I, didn’t quite get that.” The response she got was somehow even quieter than before. “Um, sorry, didn’t catch that. This time she got no response. The stallion just turned away and began to cry.

“Oh no I am sorry. It’s just that I, would like to know your name.” The stallion looked back. Fluttershy’s eyes were simply full of concern. The stallion breathed and stood up to full height. Fluttershy backed away to give him some room. He then began to make a series of hoof gestures. Fluttershy knew this sort of language. Angel bunny used it to try to talk to Fluttershy. The Stallion pointed towards his mane and then slammed his hoof against his chest. “Mane chest?”

The stallion shook his head. “Oh Blue Muscle.” The stallion nodded. “Well, um, it’s very nice to meet you Blue Muscle. I’m Fluttershy. I would like to know however, why you’re my chicken coop.” The stallion made more gestures. One to his for head, then proceeded to point at a nest were a chicken would normally sit, and finally he simulated what at first glance looked like an explosion, but Fluttershy thought otherwise. “You thought one of chicken made a noise. So you came to check it up. Oh, why thank you. You must have really good hearing.”

The stallion nodded. “Oh why, thank you,” said Fluttershy. She then felt the temperature drop fiercely. “Oh my,” she said. “It is getting cold out here. Would you like to come inside?” The stallion quickly moved his head away shyly. “Oh no, no, no, no, no. Don’t be shy. It’s cold out here anyway and I don’t think you’ll make it home in time.”

The stallion though also began to point towards the outside. Fluttershy looked back. “Oh, you’re afraid of the dark. Don’t worry, you won’t have to walk far, and I’ll stick beside you so don’t worry about it.” The stallion stood at full height again and trotted towards Fluttershy. “Alright then, let’s go.”

As they walked through the darkness back towards the cottage, Blue Muscle walked very closely to Fluttershy. She could see every single muscle in the stallion, seeming like they were trying to force their way out of the tight skin. Fluttershy wasn’t normally a pony who felt physical attraction to other stallions, but for some reason couldn’t help but admire the stallion’s body. Soon though they arrived at the back door. Fluttershy walked in first, with Blue Muscle staying outside.

“Well come in,” said Fluttershy. “You’ll catch a cold if you stay out there.” Blue Muscle very nervously went inside. Fluttershy closed the door behind him very gently. “Alright then Blue Muscle, um, I’m afraid I haven’t got any spare beds, and, I don’t think the couch is big enough for you. So, I’m afraid I’ll have to ask you to sleep on the floor. Don’t worry though,” she said quickly. “I have plenty of blankets so you won’t be too...”

She was interrupted yet again by a creek of a floorboard. Blue Muscle quickly hid behind her and covered his eyes with his hooves. There at the top of the stairs, were the Cutie Mark Crusaders looking very perplexed. “Fluttershy,” said Sweetie Belle. “Who is that?”

“Well, um, this is, Blue Muscle. He made the noise.

“Why d’ya invite him in then,” asked Applebloom.

“Well, he was just checking in on my chickens to see if they were alright and it was getting cold, so, he’s staying the night. Speaking of which, you girls need to get to bed.”

“But Fluttershy,” they moaned.

“Come on girls. Your questions will be answered in the morning.”

“Yes Fluttershy,” and the three fillies trotted back to bed.

Fluttershy then turned to Blue muscle. “It’s alright there gone now.” Blue muscle opened one eye to make sure they were gone. He then sat up slightly to get comfortable on the rug. “Well, it looks like you’re ready for bed,” said Fluttershy. She headed towards her cupboard and picked out the spare duvet. She then placed it over the stallion. It only just reached the floor.

“There you go,” she said. “Now then, I’ll be sleeping on the couch over there, so if you are scared, I’ll be right there.” Fluttershy then proceeded towards the sofa to get her own sleep. But before she could get up, she heard knocking coming from Blue Muscle. She turned to see Blue Muscle looking very nervous. “Oh you’re still scared aren’t you. Well, um, I suppose I could sleep, in the duvet with you.”

Both ponies blushed as to what Fluttershy said. Fluttershy was sure now that Blue Muscle would hate her. But to her surprise, Blue Muscle lifted up the duvet. “Alright then.” She quietly fluttered over towards Blue Muscle and got underneath the duvet. She made herself comfortable next to Blue Muscle. Soon, he had fallen into the land of dreams were you could become your own pony.

Fluttershy was still trying to make herself comfortable. With an extra body and with the earth pony’s heavy breathing, it only fell half way down her side. This made her feel cold and exposed. Fluttershy then took a bold move. She edge herself closer towards the sleeping stallion. She could now feel his muscles, relaxing and tensing ad Blue Muscle breathed. His heartbeat was slow and yet strong which made Fluttershy more comfortable being closer to the stallion. As she began to doze of, she did find it odd how she felt a lot safer with Blue Muscle here, and yet she was the one who was doing the protecting. It was odd and yet, it felt just right.