• Published 21st Dec 2014
  • 14,516 Views, 823 Comments

Born For Loyalty - Admiral Q Ponyform



Ryan was a Stormchaser and after being struck by lighting he ends up in Equestria

  • ...
58
 823
 14,516

DiScorD We won't take it anymore

I did see a pink cloud, bucking magic. Who ever messed with her clouds was going to get an earful. But first have to wrangle this cloud. I caught up to it over Applejack's place. But it didn't feel right when I smashed into it. It felt…..gooey. I have it a tentative lick.




“Cotton candy? Yuck, I hate cotton candy.” I saw more pink zip by and soon a was surrounded by pink clouds. Including one above me. It had an ominous look. I glared and said. “Don't you dare.”




It dared.




So I was being drenched in…not rain but milk chocolate milk. I have a dead pan look as it pours on me. And that was when I heard Applejack.




“Rainbow Dash, what's with all of this rain, chocolate milk, um chocolate rain?”.




Must. Not. Sing. That. Song.




“Beats me, I'm thinking a unicorn spell gone wrong. I bet Twilight can stop it.” Though I was questioning that when the nearby corn started popping like popcorn.




“Why would you want to stop this?” Of course Pinkie would love this as she swam through the popcorn. “THIS IS GREAT!” I rolled my eyes at her antic and we saw Apple’s on trees pop to beach ball size causing the trees to tip over. Flutters went over to scolded them for eating the apples..when did she show up? Anyway during the scolding the bunny she was facing suddenly gained giraffe legs in a flash of light. There was something familiar about that. Well soon all the nearby critters had those legs and a stampede occurred. Twilight showed up saying she had a spell to handle this. I wasn't to sure. This seemed like more then a unicorn being a dick. Twilight cast her spell and there was a bright light….. and nothing changed. Poor Twi was in shock the her 'failsafe' spell failed. Rares who had come by at some point complaining about the rain, even though she had an umbrella walked over to Twi and comforted her. Even giving up her umbrella. Rates may be vain at times but she does have a good heart. After a minute Two asked me to wrangle the clouds together which I did quickly. No time to show off. Once together AJ roped them down to the ground and they were eaten by the critters. Though Pinkie was bummed by no more chocolate rain. We could take a breath but this had to only be the start. Two then got a letter from the princesses. They wanted us which only meant one thing. They needed the elements.


**************




On the way to Canterlot I saw things get worse for Equestria. The looked like we had taken an acid trip or we enter a Dr. Seuss world. Thank God our train was left alone for the most part. I can't unsee the gorilla on a skateboard. And if course things were chaotic in Canterlot…even worse then back home. We raced to the castle and Celestia met us in a hallway with various stain glass windows depicting various events. Celestia was in front of one depicting her and Luna fighting..a…A Frankenstein creature.




“Princess! We came as soon as we could. Do you know why these insane things are happening?”




“Yes Twilight.” She gestured to the creature on the window. “This is Discord, Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony and the one time ruler of Equestria before me and my sister defeated him using the Elements of Harmony. Some how he had gotten lose and we need you did to wield them again.” I saluted ready to go. But Pinkie grabbed Twi and looked her in the eye.




“But he brought chocolate rain Twilight. Think of it, CHOCOLATE RAIN!” I beat Pinkie up the back of the head.




“Priorities Pinkie!” She rubbed her head and Celestia lead us to the end of the hall. There a fancy door lay and Celestia inserted her horn into a hole and various part lit up and the door opened as she grabbed a fancy looking chest. Rares gushed over the chest.




“With these you will defeat his reign of terror.” She opened the chest to reveal…an empty chest. We all stared in shock as Celestia dropped the empty chest. Pinkie shrugged.




“Well, off to get more chocolate rain.” AJ pinned her to her spot as Celestia spoke.




“They were the most heavily awarded vault we have. This makes no sense!” An ominous chuckle was heard.




“Make sense, oh what fun is there in making sense.” That voice was familiar. “Did you miss me Celestia? I missed you.” A image of Discord began moving after a flash. “Being in stone is really lonely, but you wouldn't know that. BECAUSE I DON'T TURN PONIES TO STONE!” He tapped the image of a pony.




“What did you with the Elements of Harmony!?” Celestia demanded.




“Oh I decided to borrow them for a little bit.” He snapped his fingers and the image of the Elements disappeared. Waaaaiiit. That voice, the snapping of finger, and the white flash after. 'THIS GUY'S A Q! No wonder the Princesses had trouble with him.'




“You won't get away with this Discord.” She stomped her hoof like horses did back home before a run.




“Oh, I forgotten how grim you can be. It's so boring.” He said as he observed his claw.




“Oh, a chaos being complaining about something being boring. How original.” I rolled my eyes at that.




“Oh, Rainbow Dash, the Element of Loyalty.”




“Yeah, that's me you patchwork plush reject.”




“We shall see about that……RYAN.” And there's the lead in my stomach. My eyes narrow.




“How do you know that name?”




“You be surprised by what I know.” The image disappeared in a flash.




“I can't believe we are talking with a tacky window.” Discord flashes near Rares.




“Ah the beautiful Rarity representing the Elements of Generosity of I am not mistaken.”




“So you know who we are. Big deal!” Interjected AJ.




“Oh I know more then that Honest Applejack.”




“Like our strengths.” Twi commented.




“And there's Twilight Sparkle bearing the most elusive element, Magic. Then there is Fluttershy bearing Kindness and Pinkie has my favorite, Laughter.” Pinkie was laughing at Discord moonwalking on the image of Twilight's head in the window he was currently occupying.




“ENOUGH! TELL US WHERE ARE THE ELEMENTS?” Celestia demanded. She was ticked.




“Ugh, fine. But only in my way.” He then did a riddle before leaving. The room restored to normal…for now. Twi paced as she mulled over the riddle. Really focusing on the twist and turns part. Then then looked out a clear window. “Twist and turns! He meant and the maze!” She said excitedly point to a hedge made outside.




“Um, Twi. You are forgetting the second half of that riddle. We have never been to that maze.” Twi glared at me.




“Know I am sure of it, come on girls!” she and the others raced off as Celestia gave out encouraging words. I sighed and followed. Better to be together then apart.



*******************



I caught up to them at the entrance of the maze. “Okay I am going to fly up and prove you wrong in this Twi so we can go after the elements.” I gained altitude then saw a flash and lost all feeling in my wings and landed hard. I look back and my wings were gone. I squealed in surprise. Soon all the horns and wings were gone leaving us like Pinkie and AJ. Then Discord appeared in the flesh. Not much improvement over the stain glass version. He gave out the rules of the game. Get to the center and no wings or magic. And with how close he got to some of us, especially Twi we could charge sexual harassment with that before disappeared again. With a pep talk from Twi we stepped into the maze. And then new hedge walls came up out of the ground separating us. You know, I should have seen that coming. After acknowledging Twi's plan to meet in the middle I raced off. I may not have my wings but I still had my stamina.




After a few minutes I was scanning the maze figuring out which route to take. I had to beat this guy. I work too hard making this life my own for some Q wannabe to ruin it by revealing my secret. My pony family, my friends, they mean so much to me but if they knew I wasn't originally a pony that be the end of it. The end of everything important to me. I saw a small cloud floating through the maze shooting rainbow lightning bolts out of it. This had to be Discord. I cautiously followed it. In a clearing Discord showed up. In a cloud hammock between two apple trees




“Hello, Ryan Danver. I get why you like clouds so much, so plush.” He patted the cloud.




“What do you want Q wannabe?” I retorted.




“Oh you wound me Ryan. I am better then those boring guys.”




“Yet they didn't end up stone like you.” I saw flames in his eyes at that quip.




“Look I have a message for you fake pony. A weighty choice is your make. A right selection or a big mistake. If the wrong choice you choose to pursue the foundations of home will crumble without you.” He snap his claws and that cloud turned into an image of Cloudsdale falling apart. Then a gift box appeared. “Your wings are in this box so up to you if Cloudsdale falls.” I look at him with an eyebrow raised.




“Really? That's your plan. No wonder you lost. Even if I chose the box Cloudsdale is under threat. The only way it’s safe is after you are defeated. Discord, more like Discard.” Discord lost his cool.




“First Fluttershy, now YOU.” I couldn't help but smirk. ‘Way to go Flutters.' Then a claw tapped my head and I felt weird for a bit. Then, why should I care about these ponies. If they knew about real past they would drop me in a heart beat. I am not one of them. I took the box and got my wings back and flew out of the maze. I flew on enjoying my flight till a found a nice cloud to chill out on.




I was not sure how long I was chilling out there when I heard Twi call out to me. “Hey guys.” I wave a hoof at them.




“We've been looking all over for you.”




“Why?”




“Because we need to stop Discord with you using your element, Loyalty.”




“And why should I? You wouldn't be loyal to me if you knew my secret. You ponies are racist. How you treated Zecora is proof of that. So no you solve this problem. I am out.” They left after that. Good riddance.



***************



The next thing I knew Flutters woke me up and asked me to let her tie me up.




“Yeah, no.” I flew off at speed. To my surprise Flutters kept up, even while dragging a hot air balloon. I felt a rope around my barrel then had the added weight of two ponies. I looked down at Pinkie and Rares hanging from the rope. “Are you two crazy!?” I couldn't believe it.




“Pinkie! You were supposed to secure the rope!” Rares screams out.




“Oops.” I shook my head and flew on. The others talked and I ignored it till another rope it my barrel causing me to stop. Then they started dragging me down. I fought against it but they succeed in grounding me and tied more ropes. I kept bucking keeping them away.




“DON'T TOUCH ME YOU PONIES! I DON'T NEED YOU!” I snorted at Twi but she ignored it and touched her horn to my head. My time with them flash before my eyes and the spell Discord cast on me. I shook my head and narrowed my eyes. “Oh he is so going down!” He messed with my mind and he is going to pay for that.

**************


We found him in Ponyville, though you couldn't recognized it. Discord was on a throne with a glass of chocolate milk. “Chaos is a wonderful, wonderful thing.” He commented.




“Not as wonderful as friendship.” Twi countered. He drank the cup, the literal cup and tossed the milk. Which exploded behind him.




“MY CABBAGES!” Geese that poor guy.




“Ya ruining of our friendship didn't last long. AJ claimed ignoring the cabbage guy.




“Oh Applejack, don't lie to me. I am the that made you a liar.” Using his magic he pulled us to him. “Especially with Ryan in your mist.” I snorted and the girls looked at me in confusion but steeled themselves. Twilight cast a bubble breaking his hold on us and we focused on the Elements. I felt their power channeling through me and Discord soon lost his cocky attitude and tried to run away. Why not teleport? But no matter it was too late and the rainbow cannon fired and I saw him slowing turn to stone with a look of fear on his face. Even though I was tired from the Elements I took to the air. Climbing high and I got to the right height I began my dive. I did everything I could to pour speed into the five and as I was nearing the ground I sonic rainboomed. With the added speed I am straight for Discord. Both fire hooves in front and I felt impacted before circling around with fire hooves throbbing in pain, but it was worth it. There on the restored grass was Discord…




In pieces.

Author's Note:

Yup I did it. I killed Discord. Two reasons. To cause a real shock to the world with Ryan replacing Dash.

And two, getting rid of a plot issue. how many times did we she the MLP staff just ignore Discord being around of come up with some lame way for him not to help.

Some may not be happy with this choice but this was planned from the beginning so not changing it.

Though Discord is dead, he is going to leave scars.