• Published 21st Dec 2014
  • 14,517 Views, 823 Comments

Born For Loyalty - Admiral Q Ponyform



Ryan was a Stormchaser and after being struck by lighting he ends up in Equestria

  • ...
58
 823
 14,517

Iron Pony (uneditted)

Author's Note:

Some time fudging here because I got most of this chapter done when I realized I missed an event.

Me and AJ were at her farm playing of all things, horseshoes. I tossed my first shoe. It landed just short of the pole. “ Hoooowwwee, not bad for a pony that spends most of her time with her head in the clouds.” AJ comment.

“Better then being in the dirt.” AJ put her shoe on her snout and tossed her. It landed farther away then mine. “AJ, the point of the game is to get as close to the pole as possible. Looks like this pegasus and throw better then the workhorse.” I said with a smirk and knocked her hat to cover her eyes. She corrected it and rolled her eyes.

“Alright, alright, you got another throw there pony girl.” I picked up my last shoe and tossed it. The edge hit the pole and bounced away. “Well, ya hit the broadside of my barn.” I frowned at her.

“Yeah, I still have the closest shoe Applesmack. Just try and beat it.” AJ tossed again and the shoe got caught by the pole and spun around before landing in the sand.

“Yeha! A ringer, that's how we do it on the farm.”

“Crap, I hate losing. Well congrats AJ. You win, this time.”

“Of course I did. I'm the better athlete after all.” AJ started to trot away. Oh that's fighting words.

“Hold on there AJ. You only one a game today and I just barely lost to you at the Social.”

“That just proves I'm the best athlete.”

“In what, Ponyville?”

“Well I was going to say Equestria but that might be a bit much.” She brushed my face with her tail. Alright that was it.

“Alright lets prove who is the top pony in town.”

“How?”

“An iron pony competition. We'll do a series of athletic events and the pony with the most wins is the top athlete.” AJ thought on it.

“Alright, I'm in.”

“Okay, we start two days from now.” We hoof bump and go our separate ways.

*******************

Two days later I was back on the farm and me and AJ stretch out and Twilight sat near by looking at a scroll. She was to act as referee for us. Soon we were both ready. First up was a tug of war. I took the rope in my mouth, grateful that pony jaws are strong. Twilight told them to begin. I began pulling and gain some ground but I soon lost it as AJ got going. I started to get dragged to the mud pit. I pulled harder and got us to stop. We stayed that way for a minute before I was pulled more. I used my wings to add force and we stopped again. But even with my wings I ended up in the mud. I got to the nearby shower to clean off. Then AJ was in my face with an angry expression. “You cheated, you used your wings!” I glared back.

“Never said I couldn't when we agreed to this. Note I didn't take air and force you into the mud. Also why can't I use my wings? You use your earth pony strength. I bit unfair if you ask me that you can use that while I can't use my wings.”

“But worked for ma strength!”

“Yeah you added to it but take an average pegasus and average earth pony and the earth pony by default will be stronger. That is a part of your tribes magic traits.”

“Magic?” AJ was confused and I rolled my eyes. 'What did they teach in the Ponyville school? I better find out for Dawn's sake.'

“Yeah AJ, each tribe has magic traits. Mine is flight, weather manipulation, and cloud walking. Unicorns have raw magic manipulation making them the most versatile with magic of the three tribes. You earth ponies have added strength and accelerated food growth. Or do you think it's nature for your trees to be harvest several times a year.” I look to Twilight. “Right Twilight?”

“Correct Rainbow and since you didn't ban wings when you two set this up they are allowed. But within reason, you go to far and I will disqualify you Rainbow.” I shrugged.

“Fair enough, I planned on limited use.”

Next was the barrel run. AJ went first. She flew over the course with impressive speed bit I notice her tap a barrel before she crossed the finish line. Spike clicked the stopwatch. “Seventeen seconds.” Spike reported.

“Mighty fine run. I think I beat my record.” AJ commented.

“However you touched a barrel so we add on five seconds making it twenty two seconds.” AJ frowned at that.

“Dangnabbit.” It was now my turn. When Spike said go a raced through the course and quickly I was passed the finish line.

“Sixteen seconds!” I smirked and elbowed AJ.

“Perk of having a racer for a mom.”

Next was I strength test. We bucked a target that sends a weight up to hit a bell. I was first this time and using both hooves I bucked the target and heard the ding of the bell. I smirked at my success. AJ was laying under a tree with her hat covering her eyes and straw in her mouth. She moved her hat up and spit out the straw. “Mighty respectable, but I'll show ya how it's done.” She used one hoof and shattered the target and the weight sent the bell flying. Yeah she was going to win this round. Stupid earth pony strength.

Next was the chick carry. We had to travel through mud while trying to protect the chicks from being colored in mud. We got started and I extended my wings for added protection. Half way through the mud lane I felt more weight on my wings and I glanced at AJ to see that her chicks had abandoned her. Win for me.

Next we had to keep a ball in the air. Thanks to my training I did this with ease bouncing my ball with my snout. I even used my rear hoof to bounce AJ's when she dropped hers.

Next was bucking a football. AJ wiped me with that. Almost hitting a trio of pegasus mares laying on a cloud. By the second event a crowd had gathered to see us compete.

Next we had to jump and land in a sand pit. AJ went first and got two thirds of the way. I opened my wings and kept them straight and I ran and jumped and landed just ahead of AJ.

Next was arm wrestling and we pushed hard against each other. I was sweating hard as the fight entered the five minute mark. Then my strength weaken and that was all AJ needed and my hoof met the table.

The next event was familiar. Two rows of tires were in front of us. A hold over from the Sisterhoof Social. When we were told to start I raced off and with ease I moved from tire to tire. I crossed the finish line seconds before AJ.

Next was bucking Spike off our back. How they got spike to do that I don't know. AJ was first and she gave strong bucks. Spike had to use her tail to stay on. In the end he lasted a minute before he was sent flying. Then it was my turn. Once Spike was on I started bucking fast. While not as strong as AJ's they were way faster. In seconds Spike was flying again.

Finally was a hog tie contest with Spike as the target. He looked so thrilled to fill the role. I started spinning my lasso but this wasn't my thing and in seconds I fell to the ground tangled in my rope while Spike was hog tied by AJ.

The score was tallied and it was seven to four in my favor. It took to the air and pulled a strong man pose.

“Oh yeah! I am the iron pony!” Ponies cheered at my victory.

“I challenge ya to a race!” AJ yelled out. I looked down at her and raised an eyebrow.

“You sure?” I asked.

“Yeah, tomorrow is the running of the leaves. You and I will race and this will settle the mist athletic pony in town.” I shrugged.

“Okay, deal.” We hoof bumped to seal it.

**********************

The next day I was stretching by the starting line. AJ was next to me doing the same. “Ready to take second place again AJ?”

“Remember, this it a ground race Dash. Which means no wings.” She replied.

“Duh, wasn't planning on using them.”

“Well let me make sure.” I was about to asked what she meant when I felt tightness on my barrel. I look to see a rope pinning my wings to my body. I looked at AJ.

“Really AJ?”

“Just keeping ya honest.” Then I notice another pony next to us that was familiar.

“Hey Twi, what are you doing here?”

“I'm participating in this event.” AJ snorted.

“Twi, this isn't a book reading contest. This is a race.”

“I know that!” Twilight said irritated. “I researched this event extensively. I am looking forward to this.”

“I think that's great Twi!” I commented. “Just don't push yourself too hard. And next year let me train you.”

“We'll see Rainbow.”

“Twi, call me Dash please.” Before she could respond Pinkie announced that the runners should get ready. I got into my running position. With a thunderbolt we were off. AJ raced ahead easily, looking like she was going full bore. I smirked. And slightly sped up before maintaining a pace. I heard the ponies behind me.

The run was nice and felt good. In the final third of the course I went full bore and the others faded and soon I saw AJ in front of me. In a few minutes I passed a clearly tiring AJ. She saw me pass her and she galloped harder and closed the distance. But she was still behind me. The finish line is in view. I sprinted across the line with AJ ten seconds behind me. The next pony was five minutes after me. I saw Twilight finish sixth. Not back for a book worm.

“How…..are…..ya…..not….tuckered………out?” AJ asked before she guzzled a bottle of water. I took one hoofed to me.

“AJ, I have told you many times. My mom was a racer. She taught me ALL the tricks of the trade. Like pacing myself.”

“Correct Dash, thus why I finished sixth when I was in last place most of the race.” I went over and hugged her.

“I'm proud of you Twilight.”

“As am I.” We all looked to see Celestia approach. Every pony but me bowed. “Rise my little ponies.”

“Princess, what are you doing here?” Twilight asked.

“I always come for the Running of the Leaves. I enjoy the sight of the leaves falling and was hoping to spend time with you and your friends.”

“Of….of course.” Twilight summoned a scroll and quill. “But I don't have anything prepared.”

“It's okay Twilight I have had everything arrange. I would like your friend Rainbow Dash to sit by me as well.” I was confused by that. But shrugged it off.

********************

A half and hour later I was sitting at a long table filled with sweets in Sugarcube Corner. Celestia beside me with her horse size frame. I was eating a cake when Celestia asked me a question.

“You are from Cloudsdale correct?” I nodded.

“Yup, raised their since I was five.”

“So you were there then the strange bolt hit the city?”

“Yes, it struck me. Was in the hospital for a few days.” Where was she going with this?

“Tell me about your parents.”

“Well my dad Rainbow Blitz works at the weather factory and is now a shift manager. My mom Firefly was a racer for years and now captains her old team.”

“Firefly, I remember seeing her on the races. She was quite the flyer. Graceful even in something like a race.”

“That's mom for you.”

“Also heard you have preformed the Sonic Rainboom?”

“Yeah. Did it when I was young. It was thrilling. And to think it effected all my close friends.”

“Indeed, a fortuitous event.”

“Hey, how is your sister Luna?” Celestia sighed.

“She is still recovering from the Elements. They stripped her of a lot of her mana and it is slowly rebuilding. Then there is getting caught up with the last thousand years my niece Cadance is helping her.”

“How can you have a niece? Luna hasn't been around and nothing in the history books don't mention her.”

“She is adopted.”

“Ah!”

“Yes, much like you. You have wonderful adopted parents.” I was jaw dropping. How did she know? Granted I didn't hide the fact but most ponies thought I was their biological daughter. I had mom's shape and dad's colors so it was an easy assumption. Before I could reply a guard came over and whispered something in her ear. She frowned and sighed. “I'm sorry my little ponies but an urgent matter has come up. Please enjoy the food.” She left leaving her sickly looking pet bird behind. She introduced her as Philomena and Flutters looked concerned. I barely notice as I was still shocked at what Celestia knew. I lost my appetite and left.

Here again, an odd day today. Won the race against AJ but Celestia showed up and she knows I am adopted. Why would she know that? None of my friends know so how does she? Then finally Flutters took Celestia's pet bird to try to heal it. Let to a chase from what I heard and the bird turned to ash. Only to be reborn. Turns out pheonixs are a thing and go through a rebirth phase that makes them look like crap. Philomena pranked Flutters. I like that bird, but her owner worries me.