• Published 19th Dec 2014
  • 1,954 Views, 28 Comments

On Watch - Turtlezgomoo



A murderer is loose in Canterlot, and Flash Sentry is in charge of protecting twilight sparkle.

  • ...
7
 28
 1,954

Chapter 4

Flash yawned as he awoke, then shot up, buck, He'd fallen asleep on the job. He picked up his helmet, and as he put it on, a note fell out. "Huh?" He picked it up and read it in his head,

She's so cute when she sleeps.... So are you!

It was only signed with a hoof mark, and as he realized what the note meant, and at that moment, he heard her scream. He rushed into the door he was guarding, "Twilight!" He exclaimed as he did so.

"Flash?" Twilight was teary-eyed, and Flash went to the end of the bed open from the wall,

"You're okay." The said in unison, to both of their surprise, "You first." Twilight said,

"I was just... Checking in." He lied, but she seemed convinced, "You?"

"I had a nightmare..." She said, that sense of a child-like nature showing.

Flash crawled into the bed with her, staying above the blankets covering Twilight. He gently wrapped her in a hug, stroking her mane. She cuddled into his chest, his coat soft and comforting. "Want to tell me about it?"

Twilight sighed, "We were in a dark room, just you and me and... somepony else. I don't know who they were, but they had me tied up and you laid weak on the ground. I knew you were dying... like you weren't hurt but you were dying. And I couldn't help.... My magic didn't work..." She was tearing up, and he tightened his grip on her.

"Shh... I'm fine Twilight, and your Magic still works." He chuckled slightly at that last part.

She eventually pulled herself together, "How did you know how to handle this? I'm sure it's not part of basic training." Twilight asked.

"I have a younger sister, she used to have nightmares a lot as a filly." He explained, leaning back on the headboard, "And my dad was in the military, and my mom often worked nights, I had to take care of her."

Twilight smiled, remembering times like this with her own brother, but it was different.... Twilight couldn't compare FLASH to her BROTHER. She felt close to them both, but in different ways. It was hard to explain, but she felt... right with flash.

"Well... I better get back to my post," Flash sighed, realizing that if Shining Armour came in, it wouldn't be pretty.

"Yeah, uhh... Night Flash." She nodded, getting the same thought.

Flash slid out and went to his post, not daring to sleep. He couldn't let anyone hurt her. Not just as her guard, but he felt like naturally, he should be taking care of her.

<~><~><~><~><~>

Twilight finished her lessons with Celestia, and was about to leave.

"Umm... Princess Celestia... May I go into the town today?" She asked, hopeful.

"No Twilight, not until the murder is caught. There have been more and more sightings of them." Celestia shot down her hopes of going to see ponies in town.

"Okay..." She sighed, "Uhh... Princess?"

"Twilight?" She replied

"Do you know anything on dreams?" Twilight asked

"You know that's not my right to mess with dreams. Ask Luna." She replied, sending the mare on her way.

"I was afraid you'd say that..." Twilight sighed and made her way to Luna's Quarters, Flash close behind her.