• Published 19th Dec 2014
  • 1,954 Views, 28 Comments

On Watch - Turtlezgomoo



A murderer is loose in Canterlot, and Flash Sentry is in charge of protecting twilight sparkle.

  • ...
7
 28
 1,954

Chapter 3

"Umm... Princess. Excuse my questioning, but... Why are we on the roof?" Flash asks, hovering over her with ease, his wings flapping lightly.

"You don't have to call me Princess," Twilight reminds him for the millionth time it seemed over the week it's been since he was ordered to protect her, "And because I like it up here. It's quiet." She smiles, Flash had never seen her so calm.

She is normally strung tight, frantic, angry, or paranoid. Never... like this. Her face was... Serene. It made her look different. Like that first night, when they went star gazing. She was beautiful. Especially in the setting sunlight. She didn't have her royal jewelry on, she was just herself. And, quite Frankly, she was beautiful. And her lips when she spoke... wait...

"Flash, are you even listening?" She tilted her head.

"Uh... Yes?" he said, a goofy, embarrassed smile on his face.

"I was saying, it is disappointing we can't have the Galla, with the murderer on the loose and all." She said, true sadness in her eyes, though, still beautiful.

"Personally, I'd rather you be safe than go to the Galla..." He said, then immediately regretted it. Her beautiful face washed into udder insulted, "But... if it makes a difference, we can have a mini-Gala. Just the two of us?" he suggested.

Twilight's face lit up, "Sure!" She said, a child-like tone in her voice, but that changed, "I mean... It'll give me a chance wear my new dress, Rarity made it special, being my first Gala being a princess." She acted all cool, hiding her true joy.

Flash helped her on her hooves, as she was previously on her back, and they went to her quarters in the castle.

Flash felt weird being IN her room, as he usually would stay posted outside. It was grand. Huge windows, adorned with violet silk curtains, the walls were a nice creme colour, lined with silver accents; Her closet was bigger than his house back in cloudsdale, and overly organized in his opinion; She had various pieces of science equipment, he had no idea how any of it worked; And, set into the walls, she had a glorious bed. It had to be big enough to fit 10 ponies on it, deep purple sheets lined the mattress.

"Flash?" Twilight interrupted his scanning of the room to show off her gorgeous dress. The lining of the neck was black beading, lining the sparkling violet, long sleeved top, which then was joined to the flowy lavender silk skirt--volumized by a lacy petticoat--by a silver star. "Do you like it?"

"It's..." Flash was at a loss for words, "Beautiful." They both blushed hard, then flash got a sudden gain of confidence, and bowed, "May I have this dance M'Lady?" He offered a hoof.

"Of course." Twilight smiled gently and they got close, dancing to the imaginary music for hours on end, eventually Flash had to take his post outside to allow Twilight to sleep.