• Published 19th Jan 2015
  • 22,948 Views, 418 Comments

I'd Do Her - Fire Gazer the Alchemist



You really shouldn't make sexual comments about your friends, Rainbow Dash.

  • ...
67
 418
 22,948

The Squeal

The world around her was blurry and dim. Fuzzy shapes and outlines danced across her vision, obscuring what little she could hope to see. Rainbow Dash blinked, and attempted to focus away some of the chaos around her. As the blurs sharpened her hearing kicked in, and she could decipher what sounded like Rarity's voice.

"Oh, she's waking up! Rainbow? Rainbow, can you hear me?" One of the blurs waved back and forth right in front of her face. As she finally began to see, Rainbow could make out a white hoof shaking in front of her face..

"R-Rarity?" She forced herself to sit up on the lounge chair as her surroundings became visible. Rarity was directly in front of her, a look of concern on her face. Aloe and Lotus stood off to the side, their faces holding more curiosity than concern. Rainbow rubbed her face as eyes fully adjusted to being awake again. "What happened?"

"I touched you with the file and you cried like a bitch before passing out," Aloe spoke. Her Prench words were lost on Dash's ears, but she couldn't help but think something offensive was said about her.

"It was hilarious," Lotus threw in.

"Immensely"

Rainbow looked to Rarity. "What are they saying?"

"Just that... umm... when Aloe touched you with the file you screamed a lot and then slipped into unconsciousness."

Groaning, Dash threw her head into her hooves. "Great. Just great. The last thing I need is this getting out."

"Relax, darling, I won't tell a soul." Rarity glanced toward the spa twins. "And neither will they. I saw to that."

Offering a weak grin, Rainbow looked up. "Thanks." With her hooves not covering her face anymore, she was able to see them clearly. Her eyes widened with shock. Aside from the cyan color of her coat, everything about them had changed. She was used to seeing thick layers of dirt or mud coating her dry hooves, with chips and tiny splits decorating the bottom and sides. Now... none of that. They were sparkling clean and whole again. "Whoa."

Rarity grinned. "What, did you think passing out was going to save you from getting a hooficure?"

Rainbow laughed a little. "I guess not... I just... I didn't expect them to look this... nice."

"You're welcome." Rarity reached over and tapped her hoof against Dash's. "No pain?"

"None." She wasn't really sure how to feel. On one hoof, she'd just been given a hooficure against her will, on the other... her hooves never felt better. It was a shock to think that the spa of all places had been the cause of this. "I don't even know what to say..." Her stomach growled.

Rarity giggled. "It seems one part of you does. Not that I'm surprised, it's likely been a while since you've eaten considering the time."

The time... oh shit! The dare! "What time is it?" Rainbow asked, her voice sounding more panicky than she cared to admit.

"Nearly five-thirty." Rarity nudged her head towards the exit door. "We can leave now so you can get something to eat if you want."

Rainbow was about to hop off her chair before she remembered. "Wait... I still need to prove to you my apology was sincere."

"After everything you've 'suffered' through today? Consider your apology accepted."

"Thanks... and it wasn't that bad," Dash admitted, standing up. "I mean, the hooficure was awful–"

"You weren't even awake for it!"

"–But everything else was bearable."

Rarity raised an eyebrow as they walked towards the exit. The crowd had dispersed slightly since Rainbow had last been conscious, and they were able to move about without bumping into anypony. "I see. Who would've have guessed it? Rainbow Dash enjoyed her trip to the spa."

"I said it was bearable!" Rainbow protested as they exited the building. "Don't go putting words in my mouth."

Smiling, Rarity came to a halt. "Well, I'll see you some other time, Rainbow Dash. You probably want to go and get dinner now."

From the corner of her eye, she saw Applejack not to far off in the distance, lounging on a bench. Her orange hoof waved smugly back and forth, as if she'd already won. Dash knitted her brow together.

Rarity was already walking away when Rainbow jumped in front of her. "You know... we don't have to part ways here. Do you wanna grab some food with me?"

Cocking her head, Rarity asked, "Just the two of us?"

Rainbow shrugged in an attempt to be nonchalant. "Yeah, if you want. Just the two of us eating dinner. Alone. Two friends... with food. I may light some candles or whatever, but it'll totally be casual."

A grin sprouted on Rarity's face that was borderline sultry. "Rainbow Dash, are you asking me out on a date?"

"Yeah..." She prepared herself to be shot down. Applejack was going to win the title of most daring pony now because Rainbow knew she'd just royally screwed up.

"You know." Rarity suddenly drew in closer. A lot closer. Her eyelids lowered slightly and she leaned in, her mouth parallel to Dash's ear. "We could always skip dinner and go straight to dessert."

Rainbow's eyes widened. Holy shit. Is this real? Or am I still in a hooficure-induced coma? No, it's gotta be real. Holy bucking shit this is actually happening! Rarity and I are totally going to–

"Why don't we hop right to it?" Rarity purred into her ear. "I'm sure you're eager to make me squeal before time's up."

Dash's heart skipped a beat. For a moment, the only thing she could hear was the sound of glass shattering.

"H-How did you know?"

Rarity gave a razor-like grin. "Applejack doesn't realize how loud her voice is sometimes. I heard her give you that dare from across the market."

"So... you knew the whole time, and still made me go the spa?" Rarity nodded, and patted Dash on the cheek with her hoof. "Why?"

"I saw the opportunity to finally get you in there, darling." She said the last word with an almost mocking sweetness. "I can't believe it worked to be honest with you. You must've really wanted to beat Applejack."

"Yeah..." Rainbow muttered, her eyes drifting towards the bench. "We've been trying to see who's the most daring pony by–"

"Oh don't bother explaining. The bottom line is, you spent the entire day at the spa in an attempt to sleep with me."

Dash forced a sheepish smile. "Yeah. I did, didn't I?" She cringed slightly at this realization. "Wow... Rarity, I'm sorry. I... I shouldn't have taken that dare in the first place. I've been a real ass."

"Well, that was a rather crude apology," Rarity sighed "But you need not worry, darling, I've already forgiven you. You did just spend the entire day at the spa for nothing, after all. Even so... admittedly, I enjoyed having you there."

Rainbow smiled in earnest this time. "I guess I could've had a worse time hanging out with you, too."

"I'll take that as a compliment." Rarity's eyes flicked behind her to Applejack spying from the bench. "You know, you may have gotten some comeuppance for all this, but the instigator shouldn't be allowed to walk away from this unscathed."

"I like where this is going," Rainbow said with a devilish grin sprouting. "What did you have in mind?"

"Well, if you complete your dare, then you get to force her to do something asinine, correct?" Rainbow nodded. "Good. Lean in and pretend to whisper something in my ear."

The request confused Dash at first, but she obliged, putting her mouth within kissing distance of Rarity's ear. "So, what do you want me to sa–" Suddenly, Rainbow was cut off by the loudest, girliest, most genuine-sounding squeal she had ever head. Rarity kept it going for a full five seconds, guaranteeing that Applejack heard it. When Rainbow pulled away, her ears were ringing.

"There you go, darling," Rarity said. "I squealed."

Rainbow blinked, realizing what this meant. "Thank you."

"So... what do you have in store for Applejack?"

Her teeth flashed. "I have an idea." She took a few steps away, preparing to go to the unsuspecting pony on the bench.

"Say, Rainbow." She turned. "What would you say to coming to the spa with me again sometime?"

Rainbow thought about it for a moment. "I wouldn't hate it," she finally answered. Rarity smiled lightly, and walked away.

Turning back, Dash made her way over to Applejack. While she bore a smile of triumph, Applejack wore an expression of confusion. Rainbow plopped onto the bench next to her friend. "She squealed."

"Ah heard." Applejack shook her head. "Ya know, Ah didn't think ya'd pull it off. Especially after passin' out in the spa like that."

Rainbow did a double take. "You saw that?"

"Nah. Ah heard a scream, and when Ah checked inside ya were passed out."

Sighing, Dash decided to move on. "Well that doesn't matter, 'cause I pulled it off."

"Without havin' sex with her," Applejack noted.

"Hey, you never said I had to nail her." Rainbow Dash unconsciously glanced over to where Rarity was walking off. She'd actually just run into a purple mare that Rainbow identified as Twilight, and a grin bloomed on her face when she did.

"True, Ah can't deny that." Applejack tilted her head to the left. "What did ya say ta her ta make her squeal like that?"

Uh... "Just a special little phrase of mine. Works every time."

"Well... Ah suppose that means ya get ta give me a dare now." Applejack gave a short sigh. "All right, what is it? Gonna have me crawl through Ghastly Gorge? Fight a hydra? Read a book about orange farming?"

"All excellent ideas," Rainbow admitted. "But I've got something even worse in mind."

"Ain't nuthin' worse than oranges."

Rainbow's devilish smile got so big her face hurt. Extending her hoof she pointed in the direction of the two mares. "I dare you to march right up to Twilight, and make out with her."

All of the color drained from Applejack's face.

"WHAT?"

Comments ( 229 )

HA! wiped that smug smile right off her face! please tell me there's going to be a sequel!

That ending is one of the biggest teases I've ever seen.

But I can't argue your decisions. A very enjoyable ride this was. I thoroughly enjoyed it, even if the ending wasn't what I was hoping for. :twilightsmile:

Do it do it do it do it.

5529405 I agree :scootangel:
MOAAAAAR :flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:



if that ok with you:fluttershyouch:

Another good chapter!

Although I'll admit I kinda saw Applejack's dare coming from the first chapter, but still this was a good chapter!

Dash didn't waste time on giving the dare, I saw coming. Good luck Apples, you're gonna need it.

Can we have a sequel where that actually happens? :D

This.

-Sanity is overrated

Rainbow's devilish smile got so big her face hurt. Extending her hoof she pointed in the direction of the two unicorn mares. "I dare you to march right up to Twilight, and make out with her."

All of the color drained from Applejack's face.

"WHAT?"

Rainbow, you little devil, you.:ajsmug:

Well played, my dear. Well played, indeed.

5529451 Nope, she didn't.

And you got that right!

Poor AJ.........

5529458 And I'd like to see this, as well.

Maybe Twilight will like it. Who knows?

D48

That was awesome. The relationship development between Rainbow and Rarity was surprisingly deep and meaningful for something that was most definitely a comedy the whole way through which was a wonderful surprise, and Rainbow's retaliation against AJ at the end was perfect. I am also hoping for a sequel, although for me it is less about seeing what happens with AJ and Twi and more about seeing where you take Rainbow and Rarity's relationship from here because this story was really a big turning point in the way they see each other.

if this how rarity took the dare you know twilight going to take it worse

I love when simple ideas are done so well. This was fantastic, and your depictions of both Rarity and Rainbow was perfect down to a tee, in fact, apart from the whole "sleep with Rarity" thing I could see a situation like this on the actual show.

But can we please see a sequel? You did set it up in the end there :raritywink:

Fantastic work! :twilightsmile:

DJRD

That was outstanding !:flutterrage::pinkiegasp::raritystarry::moustache::rainbowlaugh::applejackconfused::twilightoops:

"Well, if you complete your dare, then you get to force her to do something asinine, correct?" Rainbow nodded. "Good. Lean in and pretend to whisper something in my ear."

The request confused Dash at first, but she obliged, putting her mouth within kissing distance of Rarity's ear. "So, what do you want me to sa–" Suddenly, Rainbow was cut off by the loudest, girliest, most genuine-sounding squeal she had ever head. Rarity kept it going for a full five seconds, guaranteeing that Applejack heard it. When Rainbow pulled away, her ears were ringing.

"There you go, darling," Rarity said. "I squealed."

Rainbow blinked, realizing what this meant. "Thank you."

Well played Rarity... Well played.
--Discord Me

Rainbow's devilish smile got so big her face hurt. Extending her hoof she pointed in the direction of the two unicorn mares. "I dare you to march right up to Twilight, and make out with her."

All of the color drained from Applejack's face.

"WHAT?"

encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4DwrcKySwCkMgooXJV8m9_TcezPR7qSNbYOVbo-7sAGtDFlDh

Via
Via #18 · Jan 21st, 2015 · · ·

Sequel. Now.

Thus the rari/dash shipping begins.

5529758
Really? Huh, learn something new every day I suppose. I'm still just going to leave it as Prench though as so many people have used it as the language of "Prance" anyways, and I follow the crowd more often than I care to admit.

Also, from your previous comment, where was the hurdling/hurtling error? I looked but for some reason didn't find it.

Any chance of a quick epilogue chapter where AJ attempts - or not - and we get Twilight's reaction?

5529790 It was on the first page when applejack is falling out of the tree.

And thus everybody learned a valuable lesson: The correct way to win a losing bet is to cheat. Friendship is Magic.

5529895 exploiting loopholes isnt cheating. It just means ur good at politics

5529878
In this story she is gay. I mean, I don't know about you, but I have very few heterosexual female friends who would say the kind of stuff Rainbow said about another girl.

Wow, such a tease.

That's that he said.

5529907
Gambling debts are honor debts. You don't violate the spirit of the agreement when betting with friends.

Go on AJ, she wants it, needs it.

5529908
On the other hand, most of us know better than to try sweet-talking our het friends into bed. You rarely stay friends afterwards. So that's a wash, really.

5530046 Hey, I did that... A couple years down the road, we got married. Yeah, we're divorced now, but I blame that on a whole list of things that had no bearing on the fact that she was my hot friend. We're still friends too, so that's not always the case. :twilightsmile:

5530063
Well, you know what I mean. Exceptions to everything.

5529967 Honor? This is a matter of Dignity, not honor.
And it's only cheating if you get caught.
And if they can prove it.

5530085
It's a proverb from here, not a weeaboo thing.

5530078
Thanks for the catch. It should be fixed now. :twilightsmile:

As for RD being a little OOC, especially around the sauna scene, there is this bit of conversation that happens directly after.

"Here's an idea," Rainbow interrupted.  "Why don't you take that bitchy attitude somewhere far away, and shove it up your ass!  If you'd like some help, I can oblige."

Carrot Top went slack jawed.  After several failed attempts to make a retort, she got up and brushed past both of them with a "humph" of anger.  Rainbow made a point of slamming the door behind them.  

"...Thank you, Rainbow," Rarity said as she took a seat.  "While that was a little uncouth, it was certainly better than sharing a sauna with her."

Rainbow sat down too, feeling the sudden heat wash over her.  "No problem.  So... what was that all about anyways?"

Sighing, Rarity answered, "We haven't gotten along in years."

"Because?"

"I might have offered a few suggestions to improve her erroneous gardening routine that she didn't take kindly to."

Rainbow's brow knitted together.  "And that's why she acted like a bitch to you?"

"It's a disagreement that's snowballed over time."  Rarity rubbed a hoof against her temple.  "Ugh, she's going to make my life a nightmare thanks to these rumors."

Seeing firsthoof the damage she'd done to Rarity's social life caused Dash to fill a twinge of guilt.  "Want me to kick her ass?"

It is a matter of how you choose to read it, but I personally feel that this is Rainbow genuinely caring. When Carrot Top leaves, the two of them share their first real moment of bonding at the spa, Rainbow begins feeling guilty for damaging Rarity's reputation, and this happens without Rainbow focusing on the bet for a little while.

Again, it is all a matter of perspective, and your view as a reader is just as important as mine.

Rarity finally got some payback on RD.

Applejack has relatives in Manehatten called the Oranges. She would be okay with them. Pears, now those would be her enemy.

5530103 Nor is what I said. That's a Munchkin thing. (From the game that has rules allowing you to cheat with both hands, or all four if you have the right feet (Not misspelled))

I'd love to see a sequel, and I hate to join the bandwagon, but I wouldn't have to if I didn't agree with it. I'd really rather see a continuation of the budding relationship between Rarity and Rainbow than an TwiJack ship. Don't get me wrong; TwiJack can be a great ship when executed properly, but I just really want to see more of this. I'd like to see RD go with Rarity to the spa with no dare hanging over her head, and I'd like to see them actually go on a date with no ulterior motives, just to test the waters maybe with all the rumors spreading around town anyway. I think it could/would be an adorable story. :twilightsmile:

I demand sequel!

I'm pretty sure that one of the unspoken rules of dare wars is that you can't make someone do something to someone else against that person's will.

Otherwise they'd all get won by daring someone to punch out a small child.

5530485 Have you not played fallout 3?

I totally won that dare.

5530341
She made her orientation pretty clear, so there is not really any budding relationship to be found there.

Sequel, plz.

5530558 All she implied were that there were rumors. Even Rainbow Dash noted that though Rarity was often the hub of gossip, there was often truth to the rumors. Just because there are rumors spreading about her sexuality doesn't mean they're not truthful. She most likely only wanted to hush up the ones about her shagging Rainbow Dash.

Now, she did say that Rainbow went to the spa with her for nothing, but that doesn't mean that she was turning her down altogether. Rarity is a lady, and what kind of lady goes to bed with someone before they've even had one proper date, or even after the first. In the first chapter, she does say something similar to, "As if I'd do those sorts of things with the likes of you," but she was angry, and rightfully so. Who wants to get into bed with someone whom just embarrassed them so thoroughly?

I saw no indication, really, to support either case. All the things I pointed out earlier just serve to disprove. I don't believe it was made clear at all. :applejackunsure:

Edit: Not to mention, she would never bed RD knowing that she was just a means to an end. Coming from one of my best friends, I'd honestly be seething in rage.

All in all, tremendous fun. :pinkiehappy:

5530660
She'd have little reason to be so upset about the ones concerning her orientation if they were true, though, or even to mention them. Concerned about her reputation? Sure. Repressed enough to feel embarrassment about the truth being known, however? That's not how the character acts either in this story or in canon.

Totally true about the seething rage, though. I kinda don't want RD to get her way right now because she's been such a dipshit and made me feel embarrassed by association, you know what I mean?

5530755 I think it was just sort of lumped in with the rest of the rumors. Besides, even if you're not particularly embarrassed by something, if ponies begin to spread it around like something new and scandalous, then they treat it like something new and scandalous. Until someone slaps them across their dumbass faces so that they realize once more that it's really nothing out of the ordinary. A prime example would be when it began to spread throughout my workspace that I'm a brony, something I've never been ashamed of. Still, I was angry at the one who kept telling everyone for a number of reasons, the top most three being that 1. what I like is my business, 2. I don't like to mix work and leisure, and 3. the way he went about it.

Totally true about the seething rage, though. I kinda don't want RD to get her way right now because she's been such a dipshit and made me feel embarrassed by association, you know what I mean?

Oh, I completely agree. That's why I'd like a sequel where she really has to work at it, and honestly too, not for a stupid bet. Truly though, the bet should never have been made. Rarity was right. It was just as much AJ's fault as RD's. That was a cruel thing to do to either of her friends. Some good came out of it at least, but that doesn't make it right. That lesson went unlearned, as RD's dare clearly presented. Emotions shouldn't be toyed with in such a way. If you're to pursue a love interest, it should be for honorable reasons, not to win some stupid bet. :ajbemused:

5530868
Even if that is totally something to be embarrassed about. :-D

Well, I'll just agree to disagree. It's just not how I see the character behaving in a situation where something true about her, that she's perfectly confident about, becomes common knowledge; but I'm probably basing that judgment as much on me as you are on yourself. Nothing else to say.

Man people just read too deep into stories sometimes, I know people who do this all the time and they end up pretty cool with it, typically because they don't have thin skin and just blow things over pretty easily.

Login or register to comment