• Published 30th Apr 2012
  • 2,381 Views, 44 Comments

Rainbow Dash has a song stuck in her head. - The PatioHeater



MAHNA MAHNA!

  • ...
0
 44
 2,381

Do Doo Be-do Doo

(I apologise in advance)

Rainbow Dash felt strangely happy. Not ecstatic, just a calm happiness in her heart and a song in her head. A song she both hated and loved. She loved it because it was so simple and catchy, and she hated it because it was so simple and catchy.

It was parading around her head. The tune repeating itself on a continuous loop for days now, but she didn’t care, it made her feel good.
She walked thought the town centre, her head bobbing along to the tune as she walked. She shut her eyes and the tune became louder. She could feel a bounce in her step appearing.
She started to quietly hum the song.

It grew louder in her mind, and she never realised but it made her break out into a strut in time with the rhythm and her humming became audible to those close by.

Her walk turned to mild dancing. Her shoulders swaggered from side to side with each step as she fell into a pattern of two steps forward and one step back.

If she opened her eyes she would feel such embarrassment it would be impossible to live it down. Everypony was staring at her, wondering what put her in such a good mood.

She slipped up.

“Mahna mahna!” she said loudly as she lost control of herself.

Her eyes shot open and she moved a hoof to cover her mouth. She saw the masses of Pony staring at her. Her cheeks reddened and she tried to hide herself away, shrinking back and smiling awkwardly.
Then she heard something that surprised her.

“Do Doo Be-do-do,” came the soft reply from above her.

Rainbow looked up. It was Fluttershy, of all Ponies, who replied from the small cloud she was lying on. She didn’t believe it at first; it was far too outlandish for the meek Pegasus.

“Mahna mahna?” Rainbow tested, eyeing the yellow Pegasus to see if she would do it again.
Fluttershy flew down next to her.

“Do Do-do Doo,” she replied with a smile.

“Mahna mahna.”

“Do doo Be-do-do, Be-do-do, Be-do-do, Be-do-do-doodle Do Do Do-doo Do!”

There was a brief pause.

“Mahna mahna,” Rainbow sang happily, breaking out into a dance-walk.

“Do Doo Be-do-do,” Fluttershy sang back, with her hooves hitting the ground with each syllable as she moved to catch up Rainbow.

“Mahna mahna!” Twilight interjected suddenly, shaking her rump in time with the music she sang.
Rainbow and Fluttershy looked to the Unicorn with mild surprise and sang back without breaking step, “Do do-do doo.”

“Mahna mahna!” Pinkie Pie shouted as she jumped beside Rainbow, hitting her flank playfully as she landed.
The other three looked over with smiles.

“Do doo Be-do-do, Be-do-do, Be-do-do, Be-do-do-doodle Do Do Do-doo Do!”
They stopped in front of Applejack’s cart, with patient smiles as they waited for her.

Applejack looked embarrassed to be near them at that moment as they were distracting her customers. In the end she shrugged her shoulders and threw off her apron.

“Mahna mahna,” she sang as she jumped in line. The group began walking off with a small dance in their steps.

“Do Doo Be-do Doo.”

“Mahna mahna!” Rainbow sang.

“Do Do-do Doo.”

“Mahna mahna,” Twilight shouted, almost breaking up with giggles.

They stepped between each of their hooves as they sang the next line.

“Do doo Be-do-do, Be-do-do, Be-do-do, Be-do-do-doodle Do Do Do-doo Do!”

They froze. They were at a loss. They didn’t know who could start them off again. They almost gave up and stopped, but then they were saved.

“Mahna mahna!” sang Rarity as she trotted up between the group.

Her friends flashed her a quick smile; they were slightly surprised to see her joining in but they didn’t let that faze them.

“Do Doo Be-do Doo!” they replied to their new leader.

“Mahna mahna!” she sang elegantly.

“Do Do-do Doo.”

Rarity spun around to face her friends. “Mahna mahna!”

They paired up with their matching race and tapped their hooves with each sound they sang.

“Do doo Be-do-do, Be-do-do, Be-do-do, Be-do-do-doodle Do Do Do-doo Do!”

They froze, their eyes locked onto the ones they were facing.
Rainbow grew a devious smile which she showed to her friends. They all knew what she was thinking.
They stood up on the hind legs and loudly announced into the town.

“MAHNA MAHNA!”

The town replied in immaculate chorus.

“Do Doo Be-do Doo!” They all tapped their hooves on the hard cobble stone ground and swayed in time with the music.
Rainbow and her friends looked to each other with satisfied smiles on their faces. They began to trot down the street with great exaggeration.

“Mahna mahna,” they sang in unison.

“Do Do-do Doo!” the town sang back. In sounded wonderful, the whole town singing in key and creating brilliant harmonies.

“Mahna mahna!”

“Do doo Be-do-do, Be-do-do, Be-do-do, Be-do-do-doodle Do Do Do-doo Do!”

It was at this point that Twilight realised something. Nopony knew how this song ended. But luckily she saw they were approaching this edge of town.

“Mahna mahna!”

“Do Doo Be-do Doo.”

“Mahna mahna.”

“Do Do-do Doo.”

Twilight could hear the town getting quieter as her and her friends became closer to leaving the town.

“Mahna mahna!”

“Do doo Be-do-do, Be-do-do, Be-do-do, Be-do-do-doodle Do Do Do-doo Do!”

The town had become a quiet mumble as the six Ponies crested the hill and disappeared from view.
The town started humming the tune quietly, feeling like it shouldn’t have ended yet.

Rainbow and her friends returned to the top o the hill for the big finale.

“MAHNA MAHNA!” they shouted at the tops of their voices, signalling the end of the song.

The town stomped their hooves on the ground in applause, with some light cheering and whistling going on.

The Ponies on the hill bowed to their audience and left the scene.











Celestia and Luna had been observing Ponyville at that precise moment through a complex array of telescopes and magic, creating a holographic screen depicting the town with full 10.1 surround sound.

“Well,” Luna started. “It wasn’t as extravagant as the usual musical numbers they do, but still no less entertaining.”

Celestia chuckled in agreement. “You’re quite right there. But the question is.” She leaned closer to her sister. “What exactly IS a mahna mahna?”

“The question is; who cares?”

The two regal sisters broke out into a hearty laughter.

Comments ( 43 )

:rainbowlaugh: This was epic.

Perfect.
Thank you Statlestia and Walduna.

...

Muhna-muhna.

Friday?

OH CELESTIA NO


Edit- instrumental friday? It's stuck in my head now!

:rainbowkiss: this was awesome

Oh great. It's in my head.:facehoof:
It made me laugh so hard though so I'm happy! :pinkiesmile:

Best song to ever get stuck in your head when in a town of friendly ponies x3

Gotta love the muppets, and how this story isn't too far from real life - someone always sings along with you if they hear you singing it.

Shit.. I caught myself swaying from side to side when they sang.
Lol. I loved this sto-Mahna Mahna Do Doo Be-do Doo. Oh no...
IT HAS BEGUN.

Pffff-bwahahahaa!! Loved it! The ponies really do remind me of the muppets! I actually did a bit like this at the end of one of my stories, though I did incorporate a couple of Muppet songs into the story.

[Excerpt]
“Um, gee, I dunno about this Pinkie Pie…”
“C’mon Fluttershy it’ll be fun! Do you have that Poison Joke?”
“…yes.”
“Well! Take a sniff and then let’s get cracking!”
“Oh, okay…” SNIFF! “WELL, DID IT WORK?”
“Heeheee! Sure did Flutterguy! Now then! And a one and a two and a one, two, three!”
“AHEM…MAHNA MAHNA!”
“Do doo be-do-do!”
“MAHNA MAHNA!”
“Do do-do do!”
“MAHNA MAHNA!”
“Do doo be-do-do be-do-do be-do-do be-do-do-doodle do do do-doo do!”
“…..MAHNA MAHNA!”

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/3340/12/Faded-Rainbow/Epilogue

:ajbemused: Now I will have three songs stuck in my head, Mahna mahna, Beethoven's Third Symphony, and 'Thanks for the memories'
But together, they make ALL the win come to life.:pinkiehappy:
Have a mustache :moustache:

This was great! It just was so well writting and done so well! So well Do doo be-do-do!

Oh god! Its like the Bad Wolf button! Run, now! To the Mahna Mahna! Agh! Were all gone! Infected!

da hell did Ijust try to read?:derpyderp1:

I...I wish I had some constructive criticism or whatever to say. But you know what? I don't. Because you just combined the Muppets and ponies, and this is amazing, and you have just made my day.

Here. Take this. It's well-earned.

raidz3ro.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/o/n/one_free_internet.png

...Mahna mahna. :derpytongue2:

Lol tia and luna played Statler and waldorf well

What is this I don't even..

People actually like this?!:rainbowhuh:
That surprised me. I thought people wouldn't for some reason and was expecting some dislike to it. I, myself, was disappointed in it...
But oh well, I'm glad people enjoyed it!:twilightsmile:

523151
Don't underestimate nostalgia :pinkiehappy:

:facehoof:
Just... :facehoof:
That was...
Just...
:facehoof:
:pinkiehappy:

Someone aught to send it to the fan Voice actors.

It's now stuck in my head.

Why? I have to get some sleep! Why did you do this to me??

...

Mahna-mahna.

:facehoof:

Just to re-iterate my feelings:
:yay: Mahna-mahna.

I DONT GET IT... apparently because, I've never heard Friday, and it's taken a lot of avoiding so far, and I'm just gonna keep it up.
Nonetheless, this was funny.

537940 Friday? Wha-?:rainbowhuh:
Not sure if you're serious...

538852
one of the other comments said it was an instrumental( or rather vocal, in this case) version or Friday, I just assumed there was something I was missing.
Maybe not?
I'M SO CONFUSED!:pinkiecrazy:
Anywho, I did like the story though. Probably should have said that in my first comment, huh? /:

Oh, and on the off chance you were asking if I was serious that I'd never heard it. Yes, Yes, I am. I've never heard it, and I don't plan to.

Edit: Google is still my best friend. Fucking muppets...
Silly comments making me think this is instrumental friday.
I should have known where this was from, then again, I haven't heard that song in forever.
That and I only half ass read what the lyrics WERE and had, looking back at it now, misread them.
That and I probably wouldn't have got it anyway...:twilightblush:

542136
Okay, that clears things up a bit!:twilightsmile:
And I haven't heard friday either! The internet and REAL PEOPLE have told me it isn't worth the time/ears to listen to...

Teehehe, never heard the song before (I'm one of those "modern whippersnappers").

Its amazing what ponies can do. Now its in my head too!:raritywink:

Ending. Face. Hoof.

:facehoof: lol Now its stuck in MY HEAD. I hate you :rainbowlaugh:

1029287 Why do you think I wrote it?:raritywink:
It was stuck in the ol' noggin of mine for ages!

This song is always stuck in my head
But the weird thing is I don't know what it's called :rainbowderp:

Never mind
Found it :rainbowderp:
[youtube=8N_tupPBtWQ]

This was entertaining. I have watch the skit before, and it was hilarious.

2793202 glad you like it! Only took me about an hour to write and about the same to format it...

*blink* *blink* ok y did i read this? i hate muppets and love ponies so y would i ever read this ? wheres my ghostbuster track at? i need good music

6128018

You know, I had completely forgotten I wrote this. I have no idea what I was thinking...

I too have a song in my head. OOOH YO YO!! THERE'S A DEMON INSIIIIIIIDE!! OOOH YO YO!! JUST LIKE JEKYLL AND HYYYYYDE!!! OOOH YO YO!!! ALL THIS ANGER INSIIIIIDE!!! OOOH YO YO!! I FEEL LIKE JEKYLL AND HYYYYYDE!! IF I WASNT SO DERANGED!! COULD I EVER FACE THE PAAAAAIN!!! IF I EVER WERE TO CHANGE!! WOULD THE SONG REMAIN THE SAAAAAAME!!! OOOOH YO YO! All I'm trying to do is live my motherfucking life! OOOH YO YO! Wear a smile on my face but there's a demon inside! OOOH YO YO!! All I'm trying to do is live my motherfucking life! OOOH YO YO!! Wear a smile on my face BUT THERES A DEMON INSIDE!!!!
:yay:

7433102

I must admit, I have no idea what song that is.

7435950 Jekyll and Hyde by Five Finger Death Punch. Awesome song.

When I read the title, this is honestly the first song I thought of. Then I read the description! Hahahaha!!!!

lol! I was listening to the song the entire time of the story. Haha!

Login or register to comment