• Published 18th Dec 2014
  • 1,025 Views, 79 Comments

The Neighcronomicon - Scruffy



Twilight Sparkle gets a surprising gift from a pen pal in Saddle Arabia. A very old and rare book, the Neighcronomicon. What follows next. . . well, one must hope that it is just a bad dream.

Comments ( 12 )

Aww, poor Shoggy.:fluttercry:
Now that I think about it, m getting a very weird "Changelings, Love, and Lollipops" vibe from his interactions with Pinkylethotep. (Original Nyarlethotep, not the crawling chaos)

Wait, I thought that the Necronomicon came from Evil Dead, not the Cthulhu Mythos.

7464690 Can't say I've ever read or heard of it.

7464753 H.P. Lovecraft wrote about the Necronomicon in 1924. The first Evil Dead came out in 1981. Though given how few people know or read Lovecraft, the confusion is understandable.

7464891
A changeling named Pops Tolliver crashes into the CMC treehouse after the invasion. When they find him, they make him Pinkie Promise not to escape, which he does without hesitation thinking that he can just run away anyways once their backs turn. Pinkie makes him fulfill his promise. Party cannons, shenanigans, and romance ensues. Want me to link it?

7464753 The necronomicon was originally from the cthulhu mythos, written by "The Mad Arab" Abdul Alhazred (the the main antagonist of this fanfic "Able Hazard" is based on) as an encyclopedia of all things eldritch and madness-inducing, not "the book of the dead; Evil dead just decided to use it as a major plot point in the the movies as a generic evil spellbook thats constantly parodied that its known for today.

7464950 Gold star for guessing where the name Able Hazard came from! Though I suppose him supposedly authoring the Neighcronomicon was a bit of a give away. Still, I'm pleased as punch that someone has put two and two together out loud. :raritywink:

7464909 Sounds like a giggle and a half, I'm all for it.

7464962
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/195499/changelings-love-and-lollipops
I really hope this is what happens between Shoggy and Pinkie.

Also, the Able Hazard thing ended up the same with me as James Woods in Hercules. I didn't know who Abdul was before reading this and I learned who during the hiatus when I had forgotten the antagonist's name.

7464960 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0h4y3ocR3bg I felt this was fitting for the chapter "...Please Have Exact Change" after rereading it.

7467212 Little known fact; I've been working on another story that has Total Eclipse as the main character. It's not gonna see much progress until I manage to finish The Neighcronomicon I think, but I do hope to get the ball rolling sooner rather than later.

Pinkie's hair went flat, and with an audible crack, suddenly became jagged.

Did Pinkie just go anime protagonist on that guy's ass? I mean, he's an evil cultist and all, but nobody deserves that.

Thrusting forward a hoof, she spoke in a deep, gravely voice, "You are already fed."

This is like the fifth time I see someone use that line and it always makes me laugh like an idiot. Hokuto Ba Ken.

Login or register to comment