• Published 26th Nov 2014
  • 1,448 Views, 33 Comments

A Twist In My Story - Nightshine_Eclipse



What could happen when a creature from a different world falls in love with you?

  • ...
13
 33
 1,448

Vunerable

I was born to tell you I love you, Isn't that a song already?
I get a B in originality, And it's true I can't go on without you
Your smile makes me see clearer, If you could only see in the mirror what I see


It was terrifying.

The poor human was terrified. But of what? Men tore apart her field of hope, leaving nothing but marred lands and deceased fauna. Her brilliant skies turned grey like ash and her springs red like blood. Her spirit was lying broken on the ashen ground, the scarlet water soaking into her skin. The poor human must have had such a terrible life when she still lived on Earth.

The field dissolved around everything as the human was pushed from the field into a memory.

The room was dark and cold. Scarlette was shivering as she curled herself in the corner. Loud footsteps were echoing outside the door. Soon a man entered the room, letting in a flash of light before he closed the door again. But in those few seconds, it was possible to see what the human looked like. She was covered in dirt and torn rags. The man scoffed at her before slowly walking towards her. Unable to watch any further, the memory was pushed away.


My eyes opened to darkness. Worried for a second that it hadn't worked, I looked around to see the lunar alicorn standing by the door. I sighed in relief.

"Discord?" the lunar alicorn asked, softly.

"Yes, Luna?" I replied, my voice slightly shaky.

"What were you watching in your dreams?" Luna asked him, worried.

"Scarlette," I told her softly.

The lunar alicorn's eyes widened. She was mortified that humans could treat others so harshly. Suddenly, she understood everything that Scarlette did, why she did what she did.

"Discord, you should do see her. She will probably be waking up soon," the lunar alicorn whispered softly.

I nodded. Getting up from my bed, which was still a bit odd, seeing as I was still in human form, I walked passed the lunar alicorn and out the door. I had to see Scarlette, and I hope this time she will be alright.


I woke up to a dull aching pain in my wrist. Confused, I turned my gaze to it, then everything came back. My wrist was lined with red, puffy lines, lines that I was so used to. But everything else came back, too. Equestria, the talking ponies... and the other human. Who was he? And why do I feel so... weird around him? That weird, fuzzy feeling was back just as I heard a knock on the door.

"Yes?" I mumbled softly.

The door opened to reveal him. The other human.

"Hello, Scarlette. I... I just wanted to see how you were after the events of earlier," he spoke softly, his gaze resting gently on me.

"I... I'm alright," I whispered, then asked, "I don't mean to sound rude, but what is your name?"

"My name is Dis-," he stopped short.

"Your name is what?" I asked again.

He shook his head. "It is unimportant for now. Are you alright? You're had quite an experience in your time here."

"I... I'm fine," I said, confused. Why was his name unimportant? And what did he mean "for now"?

"Are you really?" the other human asked, worry seeping into his eyes.

"I am..." I spoke softly, knowing it was only sort of true.

He sighed. For once, I really wanted to tell someone the truth. I wanted to tell him that I really am fine, but I just don't feel anything. I'm numb, like anything could happen right now, the building starting on fire, someone breaks in and tries to shoot at me, anything and I wouldn't care, I wouldn't do anything because I was just so numb. But I couldn't speak this to him. I knew if I did he would be heartbroken. I don't know why though. No one ever cared about me, so why does he? Why does this person who I've never met before now care so much more about me than anyone I had ever met while I was on Earth?

"Scarlette? I really do hope you understand that you can tell me anything. I promise that I will listen and be here for you," the other human started speaking softly, "I know what you were going through and how you felt when you were on Earth. I've seen what they have done to you, and I promise you that you will never go through that again, not while I am alive. Do you understand, Scarlette? I really, really do care for you."

I wanted to cry. No one had ever been so kind and sweet to me. No one had ever cared whether I lived or died. It was so heartbreakingly sweet. But it was also so foreign. It made me want to curl up in a ball and disappear, but it also made me want to jump out of this bed and hug him tightly. Neither of which I did.

Thankfully, do to my awkwardness around others, the door opened revealing two alicorns, one solar and one lunar.

"Hello, Lulu, Sunbutt," the other human spoke, mischief seeping into his voice.

"Hello, D-" the lunar alicorn started to say, but stopped short at the other human shaking his head.

Confusion spread across the lunar pony's face. The solar alicorn whispered something into the other's ear, making understanding cover her face, rather than confusion.

"Hello, and what have I said about calling me Sunbutt?" the solar alicorn spoke, slight annoyance in her voice.

"You know you love it, Sunbutt," he smirked.

The solar alicorn rolled her eyes, then spoke towards me, "Anyways, I do not know if you remember, but my name is Celestia, and this is my younger sister, Luna, we are the rulers, princesses really, of Equestria."

"P-princesses?" I stuttered, surprised.

"Yes, little one, but it is all right, we are here to help you," the lunar alicorn spoke softly, "I have seen what happened to you in your human world, and I hope to allow you a new beginning here in Equestria, one where you can have the life that should have been given to you before."

"T-thank you, princess," I stuttered, still shocked.

"No, my dear Scarlette, just call us by our names. You are a friend; titles are needless," Luna spoke, still in her soft tone.

I nodded slowly. Suddenly, the door burst open again, and six ponies poured into the room. The two alicorns and the other human stared at the group.

"It seems the element bearers wanted to see how our new friend was doing," Celestia spoke, she turned towards me, "We will leave you to interact with the others, but we will be back soon to see how you are doing. Come on, Luna, Dis-" Celestia cut herself off, "Goodbye, Scarlette, in due time, we shall see you again."

"I'll be back soon, Scarlette, don't let this group scare you. They can be a bit wild and crazy, just a warning," the other human told me, before giving me a hug and a kiss upon my cheek.

"Goodbye," I whispered as the two alicorns and human left the room.

My attention turned to the six ponies before me. I sighed.

Please don't let this turn out badly...

Author's Note:

I'm so sorry.... It has been a looong time... School has just been keeping me busy, but I'll try to update more...
On another note, What do you think: what should Discord tell Scarlette his name is? What name should he have, really?
Anyway, if you're still reading this story, thank you...

Comments ( 6 )

How about Damien? Do you think it'd fit?

NO, HE SHOULD TELL HER HINAME IS 'discordiant, paradoxian, chaitica'!!!!!!!

5987959 Where'd you get Damien, I like it. Is it from that song "Your Heart":rainbowhuh::applejackunsure::applejackconfused::unsuresweetie::duck: (if you'd heard of it at least.) :duck:

6002814 Actually, I was thinking of Satan's son in South Park, Damien Thorn, when I suggested it. But that's an interesting song.

Comment posted by Gypsybard deleted Dec 9th, 2016
Login or register to comment