• Published 26th Nov 2014
  • 1,448 Views, 33 Comments

A Twist In My Story - Nightshine_Eclipse



What could happen when a creature from a different world falls in love with you?

  • ...
13
 33
 1,448

Nightmares

I'll scream just to get your attention.
I have seen what happens to a lonely heart.
And I'll scream just to get your attention.
I have seen the nightmares that tore us apart.


Seeing my little Rose lying on the floor, in a pool of her own blood, was enough to break my heart into a million tiny, little pieces. She was only just healing from her other attempt, and here she is, again, attempting to end her life. Why was that world so cruel to her? I was heartbroken. No. I was beyond heartbroken. My little Rose was dying, physically and mentally. All I knew was that she had to wake up.

"Celestia..." I started, my gaze still stuck on the pale body of Scarlette.

"Yes, Discord?" she replied sullenly, her gaze resting on me.

"Is there... Is there anything we could do to help her? Maybe make her forget everything? Let her start over? She is here now, maybe we could change her and let her restart her life in Equestria..." I asked, begging almost, hoping there was something we could do.


My head was pounding. It was like someone decided to make my head into their new drum. I tried to remember what happened before now, but I couldn't remember anything. It was like I never existed until this moment. I knew nothing but my name (and my species). Why did I remember nothing? Where was I even?

I tried to open my eyes, but they felt so heavy, too heavy. As I tried to open them, I heard a door open and voices. Many different voices entered the room, but none of them I could remember.

"When do you think she will wake up?" a male voice spoke with worry very evident in his voice.

Why was he worried? Was he worried about me? Or were there others in this room besides me?

"She should be waking up fairly soon," a different, feminine voice spoke soothingly to, I'm guessing, the male that first spoke.

I tried to open my eyes again. This time they didn't seem as heavy as before, but they were still a bit much. Thankfully, I was able to get my eyes open. I glanced around the room. I saw about eight ponies, all with different colors, shapes, and sizes. Some had horns, some had wings, some had both, and some had neither. The colors varied from white to a dark blue and violet color. There was one who was different from the eight ponies. He -I'm guessing it was the male- was a human, like me.

"Hello!"

I jumped. My attention turned to the voice to see a very, very pink pony.

"H-hi?" I responded, confused.

"Hey guys! She's awake!" the pink pony announced, very loudly, while she jumped up and down.

Everyone turned towards me. I hated being the center of attention. I kept hoping that the bed would just let me disappear into it. Unfortunately, I was never the lucky one. I kept my head down, looking at my hands, playing with my fingers. I wasn't sure where I was, or who anyone in the room was, but I knew that I felt something. I felt... safe. I felt like something was in the room that made me realize I could trust these ponies... and human.

"Um... w-who are you?" I asked quietly, looking at all the ponies and the other human.

"I'm Pinkie Pie, Silly!" the very, very pink pony yelled, giggling, while she was still jumping up and down.

The blue pony with wings and rainbow mane and tail groaned, watching the very enthusiastic pony, before she jumped in. Boasting, she said, "I'm Rainbow Dash, the fastest and best flyer in Equestria!"

The introductions continued on. The orange and blonde pony, who I learned was Apple Jack, rolled her eyes at the blue pegasus pony. I was guessing that Rainbow Dash was always like that, then. I had also learned that Rarity, who was a white unicorn with a purple mane and tail, was a very sophisticated and a pretty good seamstress. She even had her own boutique. There was also Fluttershy, a shy (wow, surprising!) yellow pegasus with long pink hair for both a mane and tail. The shy pegasus stayed quiet, staying in the back by herself. I figured she was always like that, as no other pony seemed to find it odd. There was also Twilight Sparkle. She kept staring at me like I was some sort of project. Her stare sent a shiver down my spine.

It seemed like an eternity before the two bigger ponies had ushered everyone out of the room. It took a few minutes, but soon the room was empty except for the two unicorn and pegasus mixed ponies and myself, of course. I looked at the two, confused yet thankful. My mind was racing, trying to figure out what was going on and who the other human was.

"I know you probably have a lot of questions, and I—no we—will answer all that we are able to," the taller, white, unicorn and pegasus mixed pony said, soothingly.

"W-who are you? And you?" I asked looking from the white to dark blue unicorn pegasus pony.

"I am Princess Celestia, and this is my younger sister," the white pony answered, pausing to let the other, her sister, answer.

"And I am Princess Luna," the dark blue pony finished.

"What are you?" I asked, hoping I wasn't sound rude or anything.

"Our kind is called Alicorn. We are like a mix of all three types of ponies," the dark blue pony—Princess Luna—answered.

"Who was that other human?" I asked, my gaze shifting from the door to the two Alicorns.

There was a hesitation. Neither of them spoke. Everything was silent, and it was becoming deafening. Why wouldn't they answer that question? Was there something they weren't telling me?

"Scarlette, you should go back to sleep. You look tired," Luna—no, Princess Luna—suggested.

Her words seemed to be a trigger as the moment she said it, my eyes felt heavy, almost too heavy to even hold open, and I felt ready to pass out. Murmuring a few words of agreement, my eyes closed. As they did, I saw the two Alicorns exiting the room. My mind was racing. I fell asleep, letting the darkness overtake me.

What were they hiding?


The sky was black. The lake was purple. The grass was stained red. It was as if a war had torn through this place. The little bits of grass were blood-splattered, the lake's water was purple, and a small river of scarlet red liquid dripped slowly in the lake's embrace. No beauty was left to be seen. The flowers were ripped from the ground and torn apart. The trees were clawed and splashed with red. There was no fauna, no animals in sight. Everything was quiet. Everything was silent. It was all too silent.

It was a war zone.

Suddenly, there was a loud boom ringing from somewhere. Then there was a white hot flash. The white faded, and everything was different. Instead of scarred earth and deceased fauna, there was a big blue sky, blue water ran into the lake, flowers grew everywhere, and there was so many different animals. Then there was yelling.

Attack!

The beautiful scenery turned into a horror zone. Men ran from within the trees, tearing apart the beautiful land. The men tore through the trees and fields, clashing with the other side. It was war.

She saw a gun being pointed at her. Her eyes wide.

This cannot be real, she thought, Please don't be real.

The shot was fired.

Author's Note:

Not really edited, but here is an update, finally!
I'm so sorry, but school's just been busy and such.
Please tell me what you think!
~Night :heart: