• Published 26th Nov 2014
  • 1,444 Views, 33 Comments

A Twist In My Story - Nightshine_Eclipse



What could happen when a creature from a different world falls in love with you?

  • ...
13
 33
 1,444

Goodbye...

Author's Note:

Warning:
This story contains self-harm, suicide, suicidal actions, depression, and dark topics similar to that.
May be triggering (?)
Read at your own risk.

Tears were slowly falling down my cheeks as I held the controller of my life. I had always hated being tied to it and having to do it, but I never saw a reason to stop. Everything added on to my reasons to do it.

Looking down at it. The small piece of metal, sharpened to be paper thin and extremely sharp. This piece of metal held my life and my relief. Taking a deep breath, I put it to my wrist. Counting slowly to three, I dragged the blade across my skin. Pain and relief washed over me. As soon as a brought the razor up, the crimson liquid seeped out, staining against my snow-white skin.

After a few seconds of watching the blood seep out and the numbness fill my body, I got up and walked to my bathroom, locking the door behind me. I turned the faucet on and watched as the sink was stained red with blood. When the bleeding stopped, I turned the faucet off and looked at my mirror.

Staring back at me was a girl. She looked to be about my age. With the same dull grey eyes and dull brown hair. I moved my hand to touch her face, but the girl copied my movement. A small, sad smile came upon her, and my, lips. I realized the girl was me.


I held my books closely to my body, keeping my head low in hopes that no one would recognize me. I was so close to my first hour class, History, when it happened. I thought I was going to make it, unlike last year. Freshman year. I was bullied terribly throughout the year, and this year, Sophomore year, I was hoping it would be different. Sadly, after this, I knew it wouldn't be.

"Hey, Scar!"

My eyes widened. No! I knew it was going to happen. Sofia, my bully, was obviously going to find me, sooner or later. I was only hoping it would be later rather than sooner.

"Scar!" she yelled again, stomping up to me. "Hey! Didn't you hear me yelling for you? Or are you going deaf now?"

"Yeah, Scar. We missed you over the summer. Where'd you go? Rehab?" Sofia's main bi-, I mean friend, Molly joined in.

"Guys, you know she couldn't have possibly went there; they wouldn't even allow her to come inside the building! Rehab is for those who need and are worth helping, not for stupid, worthless freaks like our little Scarlette September," Evelyn, another one of my bullies, added.

"You're right, Ev, no one would even want to help her. To be honest, I'm surprised she is still even alive," Sofia said, smirking. "Maybe we can change that."

My eyes widened. What was she thinking? I turned, hoping to race to the classroom before she could do anything, but as soon as I turned around, I bumped into someone. That someone was Michael, Sofia's boy-toy and the quarterback for the football team. Oh no... Michael looked down at me (since he is well over 6 feet, while I am only like 5), smirking.

"Hello, Scarlette. Did you miss us?" Michael asked in a sickly sweet voice, a smirk still playing on his lips.

"Oh, Michael, of course I didn't," I said in an innocent tone.

That angered him. He grabbed my things, throwing them to the floor. His eyes were tinted red, and honestly, I could almost see smoke coming out of his ears. I was scared. He pushed me, making me fall to the ground. Sofia and her clique decided to join. They stomped on me with their high-heeled shoes, pulled my hair, punched me, slapped me, kicked me, and the list goes on. It seemed to continue for hours upon hours, but soon the bell signaling the start of first hour rung, and Michael, Sofia, and the others walked away.

I lied deadly in the corridor, waiting for any amount of strength to return to my body. To my surprise, no teacher or student ever walked by. I was some what thankfully, because it would be embarrassing to see anyone, but some what saddened that I couldn't get any help. But I probably wouldn't have gotten any help any way.

Once I felt like I had strength to move, I slowly peeled myself off of the floor and gather my books. When I was finally able to stand up without having the world spin, I dashed out of the school and ran home. I couldn't do this anymore. I couldn't be the worthless, stupid freak with the constant torture.

I reached home, racing in the door, slamming it shut. Thankfully, I live with a father who is always working and never home. I quickly sprinted to my bedroom. I locked my door and turned on my music. Blasting depressing rock music through the speakers, I made my way into the bathroom. I reached underneath the sink and pulled out a case. Opening it, I saw the comforting sight of my blades, pills, knives, and rope.

I took out my blade, smiling softly. It was funny how a small non-living piece of metal could so easily control my life, but it did. I needed it, the pain. Slowly, I brought it up to my wrist and pulled slightly. A smile spread across my face when I saw the crimson red liquid pour out from the white crevice I had made in my skin. I did it again. Then again. Over and over to the point where blood was forming a pool in front of me. The crimson liquid stained my skin, but I smiled.

Setting the blade down, I grabbed the pills. This was it. I was done. No more bullying. No more Sofia, Michael, Molly, or Evelyn. No more uncaring, work-a-holic father. No more useless waste of oxygen. Smiling, I empty the pill bottle into my hands. Staring at them, I counted to three, then threw them into my mouth. I waited, music filling my ears. My vision became blurred; I smiled.

Goodbye, I thought.

Then everything went dark.