• Published 26th Nov 2014
  • 1,448 Views, 33 Comments

A Twist In My Story - Nightshine_Eclipse



What could happen when a creature from a different world falls in love with you?

  • ...
13
 33
 1,448

Half Alive

I'm almost alive
And I need you to try and save me.


Then everything went dark...



Everything was swimming. My vision was still blurry, and I could feel tears burning on my cheeks. My wrists stung, and my stomach ached. My mind was racing, and my heart was pounding. Was I dying?

I always thought that death was peaceful, like falling asleep. That you would wake up in fields of flowers, or something like that. I always hoped that everything would end. Was it just on Earth that I wanted everything to end? Did I even really, truly want to die? Or did I want to go somewhere else? Because I couldn't handle the life I had lived on Earth?

Was life, anywhere, even worth living? It seems I am always beaten, made fun, bullied, hurt, and outcasted. Why do I even try anymore?

I really hope that this is death....


I watched her from the window, just like I did every night. I watched as she cried, yelled, and cut. It pained me to watch her go through the torture. She was so fragile and beautiful. My little Rose. I knew she was bullied. I was always watching over her. I saw what those girls did to her, what that boy did. If I was able, I would have hurt them all for hurting my little rose, but I was not able to. Little Tia and Lulu wouldn't be pleased, since I'm supposedly reformed.

I watched my little rose as she ran into her bedroom, slamming the door closed. She blasted her music: a slow, depressing song. It was her favorite artist. I sighed. Watching, I saw her grab her small case of tools. I watched, my heart being torn to pieces, as she dragged that blade over her skin, over and over again. A small pool of blood was starting to form around her; she was becoming ghostly white, too. I felt my heart break. I slid through the window and over to my little rose. She couldn't see me, that was the price I had to pay in order to convince Sun-butt and Lulu to let me come here.

My eyes widened in shock and horror as I watched her take the pills out of the case. She never used the pills before... Oh no...

I tried to think of something, anything, to get her to stop. I couldn't let her die.

Think, man, think!

"Lulu!" I yelled.

I prayed that she would hear me and come. Luna was the only one who could do anything for my little rose, and I needed her. If Luna wouldn't or couldn't get here, then I would lose my rose. I can't lose her!

I watched Scarlette as she dumped the bottle into her hand and slowly count to three before she threw the pills into her mouth and swallowed.

"Lulu!" I yelled in desperation. If Luna doesn't get her soon, I know that my little rose with die.

"Shh, my friend, I am here," a calm, soft voice came from behind me.

I turned around. "Lulu!" I yelled, terror and happiness evident in my voice, "Can you help her?"

"I can try, but in order to do so, she has to come back with us," Luna announced softly.

"Anything! Please, just try to save her!" I pleaded.

"Very well," Luna replied.

She closed her eyes, and her horn lit up. Around us, the room swayed and everything turned into a blur. I watched my little rose, hoping she would live. I didn't want to lose her when I hadn't even been able to hold her. Oh, my little rose, please, please live...


My mind was racing. How long is this going to be happening? Was this all there is to death? No real ending, just constant thinking?

Around me, the darkness seemed like walls, pushing closer and closer every minute. It was like a shrinking room, one to torture you until the walls were next to you, then suddenly SQUISH! and you're gone, mushed by the walls. The darkness was all I could see, but a small, soft voice was echoing through the walls. A voice I had never heard before.

My little rose...

Please, please, please live...

My little rose...

I had never been called that before. I kind of liked it. Who was that?I wanted to know. I just wanted to know. Who was saying that? Who wanted me to live? Why would someone even want me to live? Why was I hearing a voice that I had never heard before? Was I alive? In a hospital? Or was I dead? And that was just a figment of my imagination?

"Calm down, my friend, she will be fine."

"Yeah, why are you so worried anyway?"

"'Cause he's in love, duh!"

"Love?"

"Yeah, Twi, love!"

"I think it is absolutely adorable!"

"When will she wake up, Lulu?"

"I do not know. Soon perhaps. It depends on her. I've never worked with her kind before."

My kind? What did... she?... mean by my kind? If she's never worked with my... kind... than what is she? Or they?

As I waited in the dark, I listened to their conversations. From what I've been able to tell, there was about seven females, sometimes an eighth would come in, and one male. And supposedly the male was in love... with me.

"Twilight, why hasn't she awaken yet?" the male asked to the female, Twilight.

"I don't know. Just be patient. She will awake when she is ready," Twilight replied to the male.

I wanted to wake up. I wanted to see who they all were. I concentrated hard, trying to wake myself up. I tried to curl my fingers, trying to get them to move. I must of succeeded because I heard someone yell.

"She moved!' I heard the most energetic voice of the nine I've been hearing.

"Don't mess with us, Pinkie, she couldn't have moved!" the most arrogant voice of them all replied.

I tried again, succeeding, too. I heard multiple gasps.

"See! I told you so!" the voice, Pinkie?, yelled.

"Hey, Scarlette, can you hear me? Move your fingers if you can," the voice, Twilight?, asked.

I moved my fingers slightly.

"Okay, good. Do you think you could open your eyes?" Twilight asked again.

I concentrated, like I did when I moved my fingers, and slow tried to open my eyes. It was hard; they seemed to be glued shut. Concentrating, I counted to three. One... Two... Three... I pulled my eyelids apart, allowing my eyes to open, before closing them quickly due to the bright light. Slowly, I reopened them.

"Good," Twilight said, pleased. I turned my head to her voice.

"Hello, Scarlette. My name is Twilight Sparkle."

I gasped. Twilight was...

A pony?!

Author's Note:

As I can see, no one is liking this very well...
Tell me, how can I make this better?