• Published 9th Nov 2014
  • 8,922 Views, 307 Comments

The Legend of Sunset Shimmer: Ocarina of Time - Ganondorf8



Sunset Shimmer was simply enjoying a night indoors with her friends, but the magical energies of the human world which clashed in Rainbow Rocks has caused something unexpected to happen.

  • ...
28
 307
 8,922

PreviousChapters Next
Epilogue: The Dark Lord and the Return Home

Author's Note:

Disclaimer: I do not own anything regarding the Legend of Zelda, the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and My Little Pony: Equestria Girls Rainbow Rocks. These are the properties of Nintendo and Hasbro respectively.

And so the final battle is concluded, but it looks like someone else has something to say before this is all said and done. How can Sunset Shimmer deal with him?

Cast appearing in this chapter.

Sunset Shimmer - Link
Spike - Navi the Fairy
Twilight Sparkle - Zelda
Tirek - Ganondorf/Ganon
Shining Armour - Captain of the Royal Guard

Special Guest: Ganondorf as himself.

The Legend of Sunset Shimmer: Ocarina of Time.
By Ganondorf8
May 20, 2015
Epilogue: The Dark Lord and the Return Home.

The acidic breath that came from Ganon's gaping mouth was intense, but I quickly took out the Mirror Shield, and slung it onto my arm just as the attack reached me. It proved its worth by absorbing the breath, yet it pushed me back given how much power had been placed behind it. When he had finished, his reaction towards my survival resulted in him stomping the ground in frustration. If it wasn't obvious by now that he was completely consumed in his own emotional breakdown, then I must have been oblivious to it all.

" That shield was claimed by you from the Spirit Temple," said Tirek.

" I defeated the Iron Knuckle which had been guarding it, and I'll admit that this is the best thing you've ever stolen," I said.

" My surrogate mothers once again prove how useless they were!" shouted Tirek.

" If anyone is useless around here, it's you because while those two were monsters, they did everything you commanded, and that includes dying for you which is quite the noble act. Granted, they influenced you during your days growing up because they desired your people to receive retribution against the other tribes, and while I can't forgive them for doing that, I can offer sympathy in their name for having been mistreated by the one who they raised," I said.

" So, you are aware of my people's plight? No doubt you were told of these matters by the traitors Nabooru and Spitfire, for they should know that outsiders are forbidden to know about our secrets. Of course, their lives will become forfeit once you're dead, for I shall visit my fortress for the first time in years. I have been far too lenient with my people, so I must rectify this situation," said Tirek. Once again, his emotions have changed so now he has complete control of his thoughts, yet why am I focusing on this too much?

If anything, I should just ignore it and allow things to go as they may although that could spell trouble for me. Ganon must be getting weaker by now, but so far there has been no sign of this happening, so does that mean my efforts have been pointless? Spike couldn't provide an answer to my question, and if I have no idea how much longer this will take, I could end up running out of steam.

No, I can't afford to lose now especially when the chance to finally go back home is hanging in the balance, but the Evil King looks like he can keep going. " I must hand it to you kid! All of my efforts have proven ineffective against you, but then you possess so much courage that it prevents you from perishing at the hands of my servants including myself."

" Courage isn't what I would call it," I said.

" Oh? Then if you don't think your courage has enabled you to perform so many miracles, then what could it be?" asked Tirek.

" If anything, luck would be the real factor," I replied.

" Do you expect me to believe something as trivial as luck has been the source of your victories? You possess the Triforce of Courage which has given you the essence of the Goddess of Wisdom, Nayru, yet you claim otherwise? You were not worthy to hold a piece of the sacred triangle all along, and you did state this fact before our previous battle," said Tirek. He was now finally starting to get the message, but it was having the wrong kind of effect on him as I was expecting a sarcastic remark.

Instead, Ganon became even more enraged because one of the Triforce pieces ended up going to someone who was not worthy to possess it. " For seven years, I could have claimed the piece you hold, yet this has been nothing but a lie!?!? All this time I believed you to be one of the chosen ones, but you're nothing but an imposter!"

" Then how do you explain the mark appearing on the back of my hand?" I asked.

" The goddesses don't want me to obtain the True Force, so they used you as means of slowing me down. Now I really wish that I had killed you a long time ago, for I would have two pieces with the remaining one being easy enough to acquire from Zelda. I'm going to kill you so many times over that there will be nothing left for anyone to recognize, and prepare an appropriate funeral," replied Tirek. Once again, he lost control of his emotions, and it sounded like he was blaming me for everything which wasn't fair.

I had no idea what was going to happen, so he has no right to claim I prevented him from succeeding in his vile plans. The goddesses probably wanted me to hold the Triforce of Courage, but why would they want someone like me? I'm not exactly the most ideal person you know given how I've often succeeded in overcoming the odds through sheer luck much of the time.

The Evil King began swinging his swords around in a blind gesture, so I aimed the Fairy Bow, and fired a Light Arrow which paralyzed him again. From there, I ran around behind him, switched to the Biggoron's Sword, and struck his tail several times which caused him to drop down on both knees while slamming one of his blades straight into the ground.

" I think you've beaten him," said Spike.

" That was too easy, so I think he's got a lot more in him," I said.

" Hey! I noticed the circle of flames vanished the moment he fell," said Spike. I immediately turned around to see if he was telling the truth, and sure enough the fire was gone which means I can reach Twilight. " I'm not sure how long Ganon plans on being in his current predicament, so I suggest going to where Princess Zelda is standing, and picking up the Master Sword. You need it to vanquish him." It didn't take long for me to reach her location, and her expression was one of utter shock when she saw my current condition.

" Sunset Shimmer! You have taken so many wounds," said Twilight.

" This is usually what happens when I go up against such a powerful opponent," I said.

" While you have shown bravery, at the same time you have also shown recklessness. I have been watching this battle closely, and you have sustained more damage than he has given the blood stains across your body. I will not be fleeing for my safety at any point in the foreseeable future, and perhaps it would be wise of me to join you in battle," suggested Twilight.

" These wounds would be nothing if I drink a potion," I said.

" Do you have one?" asked Twilight.

" A potion?" I asked.

" Yes," replied Twilight.

" I have a Blue Potion which can restore both my health and my magic, but it's the only one I have on hand, and I've been trying to save it for when I really need it. Now I know my reasons sounds stubborn, yet if I use it now, I'll regain my health no doubt, but then Ganon could easily pummel me until I'm barely conscious, and then I'd be in a lot of trouble," I said. To be honest, this explanation sounded really bad because at times I had no idea what I was trying to say.

It was difficult trying to explain this to Twilight because she could take it the wrong way, yet this was my choice of action. The Evil King was more powerful than I previously imagined, yet I claimed that I was going to beat him again just like before, but so far everything has been in his favour which was already shaking my confidence.

" If you had more potions, this stance would not exist, so allow me the pleasure of doing something. Sunset Shimmer, I must perform this action because I have dealt a great wrong to you, and for that I will not be persuaded otherwise. There have been so many sacrifices inflicted upon the people of Hyrule, yet yours has been the most painful one of all as it was beyond your control to stop," said Twilight.

" What are you talking about?" I asked.

" Once this nightmare has been brought to an end, I shall explain everything as there are some things I have yet to reveal. I wanted to tell you much sooner, yet I was afraid because it would have caused so much anger to spill forth from you. Now, as mentioned, my decision is one which I will not argue about with you, and you will accept what I am about to do," replied Twilight. It sounded like there were some secrets she chose to keep from me simply due to being worried about how I would take it.

I wish she didn't view me as a monster, for I can take most things pretty well considering what I've experienced. That's when I noticed the magical ball of energy behind her back, and I had a pretty good idea what she was planning, yet I have no choice but to allow this despite feeling hesitant about it.

" I shall use all of my power to restore your strength because you will need to conserve that potion until you need it, and I will also strengthen the power of the Master Sword so that you can strike down Ganon. I have no idea if this will cause me to collapse from overusing my magic, but this is a course of action I am willing to use if it means your success is certain."

" There's no need to risk your life in such a manner," I said.

" As Princess of Hyrule, it is my decision to make, and you do not have a say in the matter," said Twilight.

" I'd beg to differ," I began.

" Explain," said Twilight.

" While the offer is a noble one, I don't want it at the expense of your life. This world needs you Twilight because you are the one who must lead them to a brighter tomorrow as the sole survivor of the royal family, so giving up your life would be foolish. The people of Hyrule have been living in darkness for so long due to Ganondorf that they yearn for your family to return.

You must become a leader whom they have desired during those dark times, and if anyone is expendable, it would be me. I'm not supposed to be here as my home exists in a different reality where nothing here is supposed to exist like this, so you don't need to sacrifice your life in order to save mine," I said.

" It sounds to me that you intend on doing just that," said Twilight.

" I'm not doing that either, yet when this is all said and done, I'll leave as though I never existed," I said.

" Your words are most encouraging even though you could do with some improvements," smiled Twilight. She can help me regain my health which I have no problem with, but to be so reckless is not okay as her people need her more than ever. If anything, I'll allow her to use about 80% of her magical power, but whether that will fully restore me doesn't matter as I can survive for a while until I need to use that Blue Potion, yet I feel bad as the Green Potion has essentially become useless to me.

Maybe I should have gotten a Red Potion instead, but how was I to know that I could acquire magic jars during a battle? Twilight then asked me to hold her hands which felt really awkward, and hopefully she wasn't getting the wrong idea, but she simply told me to relax, and that she would use her magic.

" Are you this will work?" I asked.

" As a Sage, I have the ability to perform this miracle," replied Twilight. She then closed her eyes and began to glow as her magical energy transferred from her into me where my wounds quickly healed as though they were never there. Not only were the wounds healing along with the scars disappearing, I could also feel strength growing which is going to be very useful when I transform. Suddenly, she stopped glowing and let go of my hands before collapsing to the ground where I caught her.

" Even though I did not give you all of my power, it was still very taxing. You must take what I have given you, and defeat the Evil King and restore peace to Hyrule. Once you have weakened him, he shall be banished to the Sacred Realm through the use of our original plan, for he cannot be allowed to remain in this world."

" Do you have enough strength?" I asked.

" I just need some time to recover," replied Twilight.

" This boost you've given me is going to become incredibly handy," I said.

" My blessing has made you more powerful, but you must not allow yourself to become consumed. Otherwise, you shall be wanting more power until you have been fully corrupted by the darkness," said Twilight. It's a good thing she reminded me as I don't want to go back to my old ways where I was obsessed with wanting power.

That is a side of my life which I've placed behind me, and while it will continue haunting me, I won't allow it to dictate me. I then walked over to the Master Sword where it had been stuck in the ground for quite some time, and I pulled it out where it began to glow in a rather strange light as though it were a sign of Twilight's blessing.

" Are you ready to continue?" asked Spike.

" Her magic has made me feel even better, but I know this won't be easy as Ganon is surely enraged more than ever," I replied.

" I'm surprised he hasn't fully recovered yet given he has been down on both knees all this time," said Spike.

" That strikes me as very concerning," I said.

" Once we get close enough to him, the circle of flames will reappear meaning we'll be trapped, but then this is probably what you want given how you aim to finish this. I should let you know Sunset Shimmer, that the Biggoron's Sword is no longer accessible to you, and that's because you need to use the Master Sword to strike down Ganon, so the divine blade has been locked. This means you can only use it as far as a sword is concerned, yet your other weapons can still be used, so don't think you're restricted to just one weapon.

While Princess Zelda has provided her blessing to you, it doesn't change the fact that the Evil King is immune to all magic save for the power of light," said Spike. So I can only use the Master Sword in that sense? I suppose this is one of those unwritten rules which exists in this world, but why not use the strongest weapon to make things easier?

I guess the divine blade is necessary as it was created to combat evil beings, and Ganon certainly is one of those. While Twilight's blessing has made me stronger than ever before, I still felt nervous as I know things are going to get even worse, so breathing heavily, I walked towards him resulting in the circle of flames appearing.

" You have proven most resilient," said Tirek as he finally got back onto his feet.

" I could say the same about you," I added.

" While you were claiming the Master Sword, I took the liberty of regaining my focus, so now I am in complete control. I shall not succumb to rage from now on, so any thoughts within your mind of taking advantage have now ceased. To think that I have been pushed this far by the likes of you, but then it isn't surprising given my servants all failed to kill you," said Tirek.

If what he says is true then on the one hand there's no need to be worried about his mental state, but on the other hand it does mean he will be focusing all of his efforts squarely at me. Good thing I've regained my health otherwise this would truly be a bad situation, yet it was about to get worse because I had no idea he could sense other magic.

" There is something different about you kid, and it isn't the fact that you are no longer bleeding to death. I can sense a strong power coursing through you....so Zelda has provided you with a blessing has she? Yes, I can tell what she has done because you are giving off a powerful miasma which radiates of her magic."

" It has given me even more power than ever," I said.

" So you are finally embracing the desire? It took you quite some time kid, but you finally did something right. Of course, you still have control of your sanity, but for now this does make our conflict all the more interesting. If you think that you can transform now just because of this, then you're unfortunately mistaken as I shall kill you before that can happen," said Tirek.

" I won't allow myself to be consumed with wanting power ever again," I said.

" Then your heart shall determine such an answer. I shall focus on you in just a moment kid, but I need to take care of something important first," laughed Tirek. His soothing voice made me feel really nervous, yet what did he mean? It quickly dawned on me that he planned on dealing with Twilight, so when I tried to stop him from hurting her, he merely swatted me aside using one of his swords which caused me to crash into some debris. " Zelda! Do you honestly believe that your blessing will give this kid a chance?"

" I know she will prevail," replied Twilight.

" You have so much faith in her?" asked Tirek.

" She is destined to bring Hyrule a better tomorrow," replied Twilight.

" You have the exact same mentality of your father when it comes to believing in destiny. He always claimed that he was destined to unite the tribes together under one banner, but in the end destiny wasn't on his side, and the same can be said about you. While I would love nothing more than to kill you now, I shall bide my time. Instead, you'll be punished accordingly for interfering in my battle! Perhaps this immense pain you'll experience shall serve as a reminder of your place," said Tirek.

He raised his sword above his head where it fired an electrical shock which struck Twilight in the chest, and by the time I recovered from crashing into the debris, I saw the end results of his attack which filled my heart with sheer horror. Ganon then noticed that I had recovered where he proceeded to turn his attention towards me. " You need not have such anger kid, for I have not killed her. Zelda still needs to be alive long enough for me to claim my prize of the True Force, so I've merely punished her for defying her master."

" She did nothing to you," I said.

" Other than interfere in our contest," said Tirek.

" You punished her for that?" I asked.

" Now she has learned what happens when anyone defies me," replied Tirek.

" I'll make you pay for this!" I shouted.

" While the blessing of Zelda has increased your strength, it has done little to improve your mind, but then I am guilty of allowing you to come this far when I clearly should have dealt with you the moment I transformed," said Tirek. He then walked towards me at an even faster pace, but my emotions towards Twilight's well-being prevented me from preparing to defend myself, so the Evil King struck me using both swords, and while his blows didn't cause any kind of bleeding, I still felt considerable pain.

I then tried to run underneath his legs hoping to attack his tail before he could make any kind of reaction, yet my heart sank when he suddenly turned around with blinding speed where he stomped on me. " I am aware of your tricks now kid, so unless you can come up with other tactics, this will not last for much longer." He then kicked me where I went sailing across the arena before colliding with the circle of flames which caused me to take some additional damage.

" That could have gone better," I moaned.

" At least you were at full health otherwise you'd be at a critical risk of being killed," said Spike.

" He hasn't gotten any stronger, but he has gotten faster which means I have to use Light Arrows. I'm amazed that he can move really fast with that bulky body, but then I should have suspected it," I said.

" You need to transform soon otherwise this will be a repeat performance," suggested Spike.

" I need time which is something he won't provide, and the longer this drags on, the more likely I'm going to get hurt. Twilight has given me a chance to finally bring him down, but so far things haven't been going my way. Unless a miracle happens, I'm not going to be transforming any time soon," I said. Actually, did I really need to transform? I mean, so far I've held my own against Ganon just by using my own skills without needing to change, but maybe I should consider it given how strong his attacks are.

Again, the problem is getting enough time, and that's difficult when you've got a raging beast whose steps equal huge strides, and paralyzing him with the Light Arrow doesn't work as he's stuck for only a few seconds while I need about a minute to transform. Speaking of the Evil King, he made his way over to me by walking quickly, and before I could react, I could feel his hand grabbing me by the hair again where he lifted me up.

" All Zelda has done for you is restore your strength, yet it can easily be diminished again," said Tirek.

" It wasn't just my health that I got back," I said.

" Did your strength truly increase though? While you have become bolder especially with those proclamations, so far you haven't lived up to the expectations Zelda hopes to see, and she should be disappointed. Perhaps what she has provided was merely a form of confidence enhancement, or maybe there was an increase, yet it serves no meaning unless you were to become your stronger form.

It doesn't really matter in the end, for all I need to do is crush the life out of you which is simple enough as I have the strength to carry out my intentions. I wonder what would happen were I to allow you to change? It could prove most interesting, but at the same time it could prove to be my downfall, so I'll just deny you the opportunity," said Tirek.

" It could be your chance to beat me while we're both at our strongest," I suggested.

" What's this? Could it be that you're attempting to manipulate me? And here you've been denying such things all while praising yourself as an unusual hero. You may not admit it kid, but the two of us have much more in common than you realize. You don't understand right now, but in time you'll come to appreciate being someone who not only seeks power above all else, but also doing whatever is necessary to achieve your goals in life," said Tirek.

The thought of having common interests with Ganon was so vile that it made me want to throw up, yet his words do ring true especially because I'm about to take the kind of action he would use. While he was laughing, I took out my Fairy Bow where I fired a Light Arrow at point-blank range at his face paralyzing him, and making him drop me where I landed on my rear.

I quickly ran around behind him where I struck his tail several times using the Master Sword. " So you decided to take advantage and used deception? It seems the darkness in your heart may not be completely gone as you thought."

" To prevail against one as evil as you, I'll do everything I can," I said.

" Perhaps there is hope for you kid, but either way, you did strike my tail again, and I will not stand for that," said Tirek. He raised his sword above his head where it fired electric shocks, and each one struck me in the chest because of how much faster he was. While I was fine on the outside, my organs weren't as amused as they felt like they were about to fall apart.

" Such agony pleases me, so now you shall feel the fury of the heavens!" Ganon proceeded to attack me using these electric shocks, but while I managed to avoid a few of them by jumping at the last minute, my organs were slowing me down, and so I found myself being struck in the chest by the remaining ones with the force from the last strike being enough to stop my heart once again.

" Not again!" I shouted.

" Did your heart come to a stop again?" asked Spike.

" That last strike was extra strong, so I need him to hit me again so that my heart can resume beating," I said. The agony I was experiencing this time was even worse than before due to my organs having taken so much damage, yet those can easily recover compared to my most vital organ. If it doesn't start beating again, I'm going to die, and Ganon will gain the True Force as I don't think Twilight will be able to hold him back. " Hopefully, he'll continue using those electrical shocks as I need just one to strike my chest."

" A shame that I won't be doing that this time," said Tirek.

" You know what's wrong with me?" I asked.

" This is the second time your heart has failed, and while in my enraged stupor I allowed you to live, I won't be as merciful to you now which is most unfortunate. While I could just kill you now and be done with it, I find this to be rather ironic. After going through so many difficult situations, you shall die simply because of a flaw in your own body," replied Tirek.

I could already feel my body numbing because of my stopped heart, and just when it looked as though this would be it, I got struck by something which started my heart again, and then I turned my attention to Ganon who had been struck by the same thing. He was distracted, so this allowed me a chance to concentrate, yet the Evil King was focused on dealing with Twilight because she was responsible for saving me. " You are very persistent Zelda hoping you could hurt me, but you are merely wasting your breath."

" I won't let Sunset Shimmer die," said Twilight.

" Ha! Such loyalty which is what my people should learn, but then you gave that kid too much of your magic," said Tirek.

" It was worth it to help her regain her strength," said Twilight.

" Perhaps, but now you are of no use to anyone in your current condition, and while I would enjoy rendering you asunder, I have the kid to take care of who has since taken the time to transform into her stronger form," said Tirek.

" How did you know that?" asked Twilight.

" It was obvious because she has been wanting to do so for quite some time, yet for some reason I was able to foresee this coming long before it even entered her subconscious which makes me wonder about something. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm not about to reveal such knowledge without knowing for certain as to what it is. I shall deal with you later Zelda," replied Tirek.

He then turned his attention to me because I had transformed, yet my body still felt weird because of those electric shocks. Just looking at him makes me think my transformation could evolve, and I turn into something just as hideous. " Once again, you've become your stronger form, yet now we are both beasts who flaunt their respective powers."

" I'm nothing like you," I said.

" There is no reason to deny the obvious truth," said Tirek.

" Just hearing you speak is enough to give me a headache, so I'm going to take the initiative," I said. I fired a Light Arrow at Ganon's face which paralyzed him, and after striking his tail a few more times, he snapped it in my direction where it flicked me into some debris. He proceeded to walk over in his now quick fashion, and slashed the debris to pieces where some bits hit me for some slight damage.

He raised his sword above his head which resulted in the electric shocks coming my way, but this time I was prepared for them, so I raised the Mirror Shield which absorbed the lightning, and fired it back at him. Now it was his turn to have his internal organs get messed up, but he remained unaffected, and then I smacked myself in the head because I'd forgotten what Spike said about his immunity to all magic save for light.

" Nice try kid, but you failed miserably," said Tirek.

" I'll still prevail," I said.

" It seems my lightning strikes are no longer effective against you, but this has proven to be effective," said Tirek. He let out a huge roar followed by firing that acidic breath, but I used my shield to protect myself from his attack where I got pushed back a little. Switching over to the Fairy Bow, I was just about to fire another Light Arrow where he suddenly walked up to me, and blasted me with his acidic breath.

It felt like my body had been set on fire as the acid was burning me, but then I immediately felt okay although slightly weakened. " Your resistance to fire magic combined with that transformation did not cause your skin to melt away, yet this doesn't matter because I'll just weaken you instead."

" Provided you can hit me," I said.

" In order to use that accursed Light Arrow, you need to make yourself vulnerable to an attack," said Tirek.

" I've got my pony ears and tail which give me the abilities of a unicorn," I said.

" Which probably doesn't equate to much given how your magic is vastly inferior to my own," said Tirek. He roared again where he opened his mouth and fired another acidic breath which splattered all over me, and again it didn't do much because of being so resilient, but as I was struggling to get this acid off my body, Ganon took advantage of my confusion by firing a third acidic breath, and I was starting to understand what he meant about weakening me.

The damage I was taking was adding up, so I needed to get away from him. Using my improved speed which comes from my pony ears and tail, I ran to the other side of the arena hoping to get a chance to come up with a strategy, but when I turned around, the Evil King was right behind me. " I am much faster now kid because you've become so predictable!" He then repeatedly breathed out his acidic breath, and there was nothing I could do to avoid it.

No matter which direction I took to get away from him, he was right behind me as though I were being pursued by a dog. " It seems your transformation has borne you nothing kid, so it's become a mere waste of your time and mine." As I struggled to run away, I ended up tripping on a piece of debris which was embarrassing, but I dropped my one remaining Deku Nut which flashed and blinded Ganon. This prompted me to quickly use a Light Arrow paralyzing him, and from there I switched to the Master Sword and attacked his tail again.

" I have no idea if he's going to fall or not," I moaned.

" The blessing you received from Princess Zelda strengthened the divine blade given it glowed when you pulled it out of the ground earlier, so I'd say about one or two more rounds of striking his tail will be enough to bring him to his knees again," said Spike.

" So you're saying that even though I'm using the Master Sword, it acts like the Biggoron's Sword in terms of damage output?" I asked.

" Plus, you still get to protect yourself from attacks due to the Mirror Shield," replied Spike.

" Even though I've come this far in the battle, those acid attacks have really taken their toll, and I'm transformed no less. If I had chosen to remain as my regular self, I'd be on the verge of death rather than being close to it. Yet, something about all of this has been bothering me for some time now," I said.

" What's that?" asked Spike.

" When I've finally fulfilled my destiny, where exactly do I go from here? If I stay here, my chances of returning home are still pretty good, yet I'm going to be seven years older because of being asleep despite not aging physically like everyone else. Should Twilight provide me with the chance, I could see myself going back to the past where I'll regain those lost years, and I'll still be able to go home, but that leads into perhaps my biggest concern," I replied.

" Which is?" asked Spike.

" Ganondorf....the real one who I told you about that brought me here," I replied.

" I had a feeling you'd bring that up," said Spike. This was the same man who wanted to see me suffer because he referred to me as the tormented one, and who sent all of us into this video game world where only I remember how things are supposed to be. What if I'm forced to fight him? Ganon is difficult enough as it is, but an even stronger one who exists centuries from now may be too much to handle given he would have more experience. In any case, I can't allow that to get to me as I need to focus on who is standing before me.

" Once again, you had to use one of those forest nuts," said Tirek.

" I thought they were all gone," I said.

" No matter, for I shall end this now using the maximum power that I possess," said Tirek. He then roared where he began to glow in a dark aura which also bulked up his muscles a little bit, but he was exerting a lot of force in order to go all-out, so he's on his last legs given how often I've attacked his tail. Once the Evil King had finished powering himself up, I could hear the heavy breathing coming from him, but that meant nothing apart from him being exhausted.

" I can't believe you have pushed me to rely on such an extreme method. The question you should asking right now kid, is whether or not you can last long enough for me to kill." Ganon then started swinging his swords, but now he was doing so at an even faster speed, so I responded quickly by using the Master Sword to parry his blows, yet it became obvious he was even stronger. I struggled to keep up with him, and eventually he began to overpower me where I got struck repeatedly by those giant swords until he kicked me away.

" You certainly have picked up your game," I said.

" Because you forced me to use my full power against you," said Tirek.

" I can still keep on going," I said.

" For how much longer?" asked Tirek.

" Until you've finally been beaten," I replied. In truth though, I was on the verge of being killed as those sword strikes were more powerful now, but I need to defeat him as returning back home to my world has become so imperative. The Evil King walked over to me with those large strides, and when I tried to block his attack with the Mirror Shield, he knocked it away where it rolled along the floor stopping a few meters away.

I then tried blocking with the Master Sword which resulted in it being knocked away as well where it landed by some debris. With nothing to protect myself, he slashed at me constantly where I received new wounds, and these immediately started bleeding where it trickled all over the arena. By the time he was finished with his assault, I looked like I'd been hacked to pieces, yet somehow I was still alive.

" Seeing you with so much pain is just delicious," laughed Tirek.

" I just need to use my Blue Potion, and I can recover from these wounds," I said.

" Yes, I remember you being brought back to life twice in our last battle by using two fairies, so the thought of you using a potion is one that won't be happening. You must die this time so that I can finally claim the Triforce of Courage," said Tirek. He then noticed where on my belt I had the Blue Potion, and he knocked it away where it rolled along much to my horror.

If it breaks then my chances of winning are next to zero, but fortunately it came to a stop because of hitting a tiny piece of debris, yet now I need to go and get it before he kills me. I made a break for it and ran towards the Blue Potion, yet Ganon figured I would do that, so he cut me off by slamming both swords into the ground causing an earthquake which tripped me up. " You are so desperate that you've lost sight of the battle, but know that in death you lasted longer than even I would have expected."

" Then you might as well finish me off," I said.

" My exact intention," said Tirek. He slowly walked towards me with each step he took causing a slight tremor, and when he was standing right above me, he was about to strike when something hit him from behind which caught his attention. " Zelda!?!? You still try to attack me despite your lack of power? I would have thought my punishment would have been enough, but I guess I hesitated instead. No matter though for I'll be over there just as soon as this kid is dead."

He slammed his swords down thinking he had killed me for good, yet I wasn't there anymore as I took advantage of his distraction, and consumed the Blue Potion. " You may have regained your strength, but it will do you no good as you lack any weapons." This was true, but at least I'll be able to survive until I can get them back. He proceeded to swing his swords at me where I sustained more damage, yet I kept on running until I reached where the Mirror Shield ended up.

" I've got my protection back," I said.

" Now you need to get the Master Sword," said Spike.

" A shield will not save you," said Tirek

" True as all it can do is deflect powerful attacks," I said.

" Then why go for a shield when you could have gone for your sword instead?" asked Tirek.

" I'm someone who doesn't throw things away when they have outlived their usefulness, and that's exactly what you did against your surrogate mothers along with those who helped you attack Hyrule Castle after you claimed the Triforce of Power. Everyone to me is important, so I would never give up on them, yet you see them as nothing but tools to serve a specific purpose.

Say what you will about such actions, but it's the kind of person I am. Ganon, because of the way you've treated people over the years, you have no one on your side, but I have an entire kingdom who wish for me to defeat you....even if the vast majority have no idea that I'm doing this to begin with," I replied.

" Such a noble speech kid although that last bit is a reminder of your weakness," laughed Tirek.

" It's called being truthful about the situation," I said.

" None of that matters for without that sword, you cannot defeat me," said Tirek. He swung his swords which struck me on both legs toppling me over, but when he stood above me in an attempt to thrust his blades down through my body, I quickly took out the Fairy Bow, and fired a Light Arrow which blinded him. This gave me enough time where I got back onto my feet, and ran for the Master Sword although it proved to be difficult because of my bleeding legs.

When I picked up my sword, he was recovering from having his vision obscured again. " Once again you continue surviving against the odds! No one is capable of having that much luck!" It sounded like he was losing control, but when he slammed his swords into the ground to create another earthquake, I knew he was feeling agitated. The tremors made it difficult for me to use the Fairy Bow as I needed absolute precision, and this was intentional on his part because I can't aim like this.

That's when I noticed Twilight doing something from a distance, yet whatever it was, it struck Ganon in the back where he dropped to one knee. " How is it that Zelda continues to defy me when she is clearly weak from giving you all of her power? I'm going to take care of her right now as this has reached a boiling point with me!"

The tremors stopped because he was distracted, but I wasn't about to allow him the chance to hurt her no matter what, so I quickly fired another Light Arrow which paralyzed him on the spot. " Enough of this!" Before Ganon could make any kind of recovery, I ran towards his tail where one strike from the Master Sword was enough to drop him down to both knees again.

" Sunset Shimmer!" shouted Twilight.

" What's wrong?" I asked.

" The circle of flames has disappeared because the Evil King has fallen, but now you must deliver the final blow before he has a chance to get up. The Master Sword will fulfill your destiny as the Hero of Time, so do not show any hesitation," replied Twilight.

" No! I will not go down," said Tirek.

" This madness has gone on long enough," said Twilight. She pushed out her hands where she fired a beam of light striking Ganon, and while it was causing him significant pain, it was also preventing him from getting onto his feet. " I am using what remains of my magic to keep him at bay, but you must strike now. You must finish this Sunset Shimmer otherwise this nightmare will never end."

As I stared at the Master Sword, it glowed in an ethereal light which meant that it had been given an additional blessing, but rather than strike at him with the notion of wanting to make him suffer, I simply walked over to him and merely struck him in the forehead which was enough to finally bring him down. I actually thought he was going to flail about in sheer rage, but instead he just collapsed. " I have no idea what you did to do this to him, but the plan can now be carried out, and before he regains consciousness."

" Have you got enough strength for this?" I asked.

" Just to open and close the entrance to the Sacred Realm from this side, but not enough to seal him away. The Six Sages will handle the rest from here because they have been waiting very patiently, and once Ganon is gone, I will close the entrance although it will be difficult given how little magic power I have left. Do not think of trying to step in or anything Sunset Shimmer, for you have accomplished your part, so we Sages must complete ours now," replied Twilight.

She then raised her hands above her head where a ball of light suddenly appeared before it quickly vanished, and she dropped down in exhaustion. Everything suddenly went white because of an intense blinding flash, and a few moments later, the Evil King's body was gone which meant he had been sealed away. For some reason, it felt like a hollow victory given he didn't try to fight or anything, but perhaps right now he was doing just that inside of the Sacred Realm.

" YOU!!!! CURSE YOU ZELDA!!!! CURSE YOU SAGES!!!! CURSE YOU SUNSET SHIMMER!!!! You may think that you have defeated me, but know that this is not the end, for I shall return one day. The Sage's Seal may keep me imprisoned, but it will not last forever for it shall grow weaker over time. When I return, I shall exterminate your descendants, and they will curse your names in their own blood. Yes, you could have killed me for good, so now the future people of this world shall deal with my fury when I escape.

Of course, the Triforce of Power must remain in my hand. While it may not mean much right now, it will in due time when the land crumbles away. As for you kid....pray your descendants don't carry on your legacy because they will be my first victims," said Tirek. As I stared at the ruins of Ganondorf's castle, I began to wonder if I should stay here after all. While I do want to go back home, the restoration effort is going to take some time, and perhaps Twilight could use my help given she and the Sages are going to have their hands full.

" Sunset Shimmer, I wish to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for what you have done. Thanks to you, Ganondorf has been sealed inside the corrupted Sacred Realm. Thus, peace will once again reign in this world which I am hoping will last a very long time. Now, as I promised I shall reveal everything which I have hidden from you because you deserve the right to know. All the tragedy that has befallen Hyrule was my doing," said Twilight.

" What!?!? Don't be silly! If anyone is to blame for that, it would be Ganondorf," I said.

" He would not have acquired the Triforce had I a better understanding of the Sacred Realm, but I was so young when I believed myself to be able to control its majestic properties. I was so blinded that I could not comprehend any possible consequences, and that would occur when the Evil King was able to gain access by taking advantage of the plan I came up with which involved you. Without your approval, I dragged you into a situation which was no doubt very uncomfortable for you," said Twilight.

" I won't deny that I wish you hadn't asked me to help because I wasn't sure what I was doing at the time, but over time I've gotten used to the idea of being the one destined to bring peace to this world. Granted, it took longer than originally expected given how I spent seven years sleeping, yet it all worked out," I said.

" Maybe so, but you were robbed of something important, so now it is time make up for my mistakes. You must lay the Master Sword to rest and close the Door of Time, and by doing this, the road between times will be closed. While I originally said that you should remain here where I can give you a home, I now realize that will not give back what you have lost from your sleep Sunset Shimmer, please give the ocarina to me. As a Sage, I can return you to your original time with it," said Twilight.

" You're going to do what now?" I asked.

" You have lost seven years of your life as a result of sleeping inside of the Sacred Realm, and to me that is unfair because you did not that was going to happen. No, I will not allow you to lose so much potential, so I shall give you back the years that were denied you due to my own actions," replied Twilight.

" Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked.

" It is for the best because you have sacrificed so much Sunset Shimmer, and asked for nothing in return. Allow me to remedy this situation by sending you back to your childhood once again," replied Twilight.

If she does this, I'll go back to my childhood which could give me the chance to return to my world, and I can get back those seven years because of being dragged into a conflict which ended up doing me a great service in the end. I suppose it will be hard for me leaving all of this behind, but this is not where I'm meant to be, so I'm looking forward to going back home.

" When peace returns to Hyrule....it will be time for us to say good-bye. If only my father had never been killed, and Ganondorf had been thwarted before he claimed the Triforce. Things would be much different than they are now, but I suppose that is merely wishful thinking on my part." It sounded like she was hinting me to go back and change things, yet will that even work?

I suppose the only way to know for certain will be when I go back. " Now, go home, Sunset Shimmer, and regain your lost time because you cannot lose such precious years because of me. Home....where you are supposed to be....the way you are supposed to be."

" Should I hand over the Ocarina of Time now?" I asked.

" That would be a good idea," replied Twilight.

" I won't be needing it where I'm going," I said.

" Maybe not, but perhaps you will think about the times where you got to play it. I know that you had some trouble playing it at first because an instrument like an ocarina is difficult to play and master, yet over time you did become a natural as though you have been playing one for years," said Twilight.

" I hope that going back to the past shall allow me to return to my true home," I said.

" All you can do at this point is believe that it will happen," said Twilight. Taking out the Ocarina of Time from the pouch on my belt, I hesitated for a moment before handing it over to her where she began to play a song which sounded very familiar to me. I quickly recognized it as her own lullaby, yet it was different perhaps because she was sending back through time, but before I could say anything, I found myself surrounded in a blue light before everything went white due to another blinding flash.

This one felt right because of what was about to happen, yet deep down my heart was telling me that I should have stayed." Thank you....Sunset Shimmer....Good-bye...." The sound of Twilight's voice echoed through my ears until it faded away, and I was on my way back to the past where this entire situation began.

While this was happening, the people of Hyrule had since gathered at Lon Lon Ranch where they celebrated the defeat of Ganondorf through a rather large party, yet they will never know who saved their kingdom, and perhaps this was for the best. The Gerudo were even involved in the celebrations which showed that things would be good for them from now on, yet I wonder if this future is going to even exist should I go and change things back in the past.

When my vision finally came back to me, I was standing in front of the Master Sword which was lodged in the Pedestal of Time where it had been sleeping until I pulled it out, and that meant I was in the past again.

" So what do we do now?" I asked.

" I was thinking of leaving you because you've fulfilled your destiny," replied Spike.

" Are you being serious?" I asked.

" Not really because even though Ganondorf has been taken care of in the future, he is still an issue here in the past. Also, you need to return to your own world, and I'll help to make sure that you achieve your goal. We may be back in the past now for good due to the roads between time having been closed permanently, but we have no idea when in the past we are. If anything, we've returned on the day where he entered the Sacred Realm thus repeating future events all over again," replied Spike.

" Not necessarily," I began.

" You've got an idea as to where we are in the past?" asked Spike.

" Before she played the Ocarina of Time to send us back, Twilight wished that things could be different, so I believe that we've been sent back even further than that," I replied.

" If that's true then the future can be prevented if something is done about it now," said Spike.

" We need to make sure that we're in the right moment of the past," I said. It did feel weird having the weapons I acquired during my younger days, or rather the here and now, but that wasn't important for we need to know where in the past Twilight had sent us. The first thing I noticed was that there was no damage in the Temple of Time which resulted from my first battle against Ganondorf, so we're somewhere before that event took place, yet it doesn't mean anything until we know for certain our exact placement.

Sigh, I really don't like dealing with time because all it does is cause confusion. Upon exiting the temple, Hyrule Castle Town was still standing, so I walked into the market hoping to find some clues, yet it didn't take long to find one. " Spike! Look over there by those stalls! I think we've found the answer to our time travelling concern."

Both Rainbow Dash and Derpy were standing by the stalls, so this was the day that I first met Twilight in this world because these two were here because of serving as the vassals of the Evil King....or Gerudo King of Thieves as he's known right now. " Ganondorf is probably meeting with the king to discuss the potential alliance between the two tribes."

" Yet we both know what ends up happening," said Spike.

" The king must be warned of the treachery which will destroy this kingdom," I said.

" Not so fast Sunset Shimmer! While you and I know what is going to happen, we don't have any proof to support our claim, and I doubt the king is going to believe the words of a forest girl. Our only option is to speak with Princess Zelda, and hopefully she can grant us an audience with her father so that we can explain everything.

To prevent a disaster from taking place, we must convince him of Ganondorf's intentions," said Spike. I wish that I could have brought something back from the future as proof, but I suppose I'll need to be as convincing as possible. Upon entering the grounds of Hyrule Castle itself, eluding the guards was simple enough because they looked as though they weren't taking their jobs seriously, and this included the ones inside the castle on patrol.

So after spending about ten minutes weaving my way through the courtyard all while avoiding numerous eyes which looked bored because nothing serious was happening, I made it to the courtyard where Twilight was located.

" There she is," I said.

" Does it feel weird introducing yourself to her again?" asked Spike.

" The thought did cross my mind as I've done this before, but from her perspective this is going to be the first time. I'm hoping the guards won't kick me out if they see me in her company as they might think I'm trying to capture her, or I'm some kind of orphan trying to take advantage of her kindness or something," I replied.

" You need to remember one thing," said Spike.

" What's that?" I asked.

" At this moment in time, she has no idea that your world exists, so you'll need to refer to her as Zelda, and not Twilight because she will get all confused. I'm sure that isn't going to be a problem," replied Spike. Good thing he reminded me about that because I would have made a huge mistake otherwise.

Walking across the courtyard while avoiding the flowers as I didn't want to trample on them, I was soon standing behind Twilight who turned around rather than me starting the conversation. At first she didn't know what to make of seeing someone like me here having eluded the castle guard, but she soon relaxed as though she knew I could be trusted.

" Who are you?" asked Twilight.

" You don't know me," I replied.

" I should say not given how you somehow eluded all of the guards inside of the castle, but perhaps you are some kind of thief who desires to steal some of our treasures in the hopes of getting rich? If so then you have a strange choice in clothes given what you wear is something that one expects from the children living in the forest. Again, who are you?" asked Twilight.

" I'm going to need some time to explain everything," I replied.

" It seems you have a long story given the expression in your eyes," smiled Twilight. It would take me about 20 minutes to explain my entire story to her, and when I was finally finished, she had trouble believing it at first, but then it quickly dawned on her that I was telling the truth. " I always had a suspicion Ganondorf desired the kingdom, yet never would I have suspected that he would claim the Triforce by entering the forbidden Sacred Realm all because you were carrying out a plan which I concocted."

" Are you alright? My tale is a difficult one to swallow," I said.

" It was hard for me to believe because you do not possess any proof, but I know you are speaking the truth. My father must be warned of this treachery before he is killed, however, he may not believe this story, and instead think of you as someone from the forest who has a vivid imagination. While you have a powerful story at your disposal, without any proof to back it up, my father will do nothing other than having our guards either escort you out of the castle, or into the dungeons," said Twilight.

" I didn't bring anything back with me from the future," I said.

" Then things will happen the way you described them, and for that I am so very sorry," said Twilight. If only I had the Light Arrows with me, but then both she and the king might say I stole them which would be the worst possible thing. Maybe one of my other weapons would have sufficed, but then in this time period I can't even use them, so that idea won't work. Why would the future version of Twilight send me back to this point in the past without any kind of proof?

Suddenly, the back of my hand started to glow, and I was in complete shock as the mark of the Triforce appeared, and that means I still had the Triforce of Courage, but how can that be? I'm happy that I now have proof, but was this the right way to go about it? I mean, now there are two pieces of the same golden triangle existing in Hyrule.

Twilight was just as shocked as I was especially because no one can access the Sacred Realm given the Spiritual Stones had been scattered across the kingdom, and the Ocarina of Time was in her possession. " Gasp! That is the mark of the Triforce! How were you able to receive this, for the golden power was sealed away by our ancestors ages ago."

" Would this qualify as my proof?" I asked.

" Indeed because what you have here cannot be done," replied Twilight.

" Then we need to speak to your father," I suggested.

" Yes, for he must be made aware of Ganondorf's treachery, but we will need to take the long way around to the throne room. My father is currently speaking to him right now about forming an alliance, so if the Gerudo King sees you with a piece of the Triforce, it could make things even worse than what you described happens in this dark future. Allow me to explain things, for my father may not appreciate hearing anything from you," said Twilight.

" How long do you suppose their meeting will last?" I asked.

" They have been talking for quite some time, so it should be coming to an end within a few minutes. There is another reason why we must take the long way, and that is because despite your efforts to warn us of what can happen if Ganondorf succeeds with his plan, you entered this castle without permission. As such, if you are spotted by the guards, you will be arrested immediately. I suppose you could be disguised as one of my attendants so as to avoid any suspicion, but you will have to make that decision.

Now, please follow me, and do not get lost along the way as the castle can be rather daunting," replied Twilight. The thought of me dressing up as a maid sounded like a good idea to keep me undetected , but I suggested otherwise as I wouldn't call myself a cosplay kind of person. As we made our way towards the throne room, Twilight made sure to inform me when any guards were coming, for I had to avoid them at all costs. " It will not take us very long to get there, yet I am curious about something."

" What's that?" I asked.

" Do I become a good ruler of my people?" asked Twilight.

" To be honest, your future self sent me back here to the past before I could see what she did, but what I can say is that she already had plans to restore Hyrule back to the way it was before Ganondorf came to power. She said it would take a few months for the restoration to be complete, but she will get things done," I replied.

" Then hope is not lost," said Twilight.

" I can't say too much because if we expose Ganondorf's intentions, it will prevent the future I've seen from taking place," I said.

" Fair enough for it would be unwise to try and learn what will be before experiencing such events," said Twilight. The journey to the throne room took quite some time, but I didn't mind because it gave me the opportunity to experience what the castle was like before it was destroyed, yet I guess not many commoners get to see the inside of these walls because they would be arrested by the guards. I don't blame such harsh security methods for the guards are only carrying out their duties to ensure the royal family remains protected.

After arriving in the throne room, Twilight introduced me to her father in this world, and she explained the situation to him, yet I could tell he wasn't believing her due to looking skeptical. That's when I suggested that I should explain things because I know what happened, but again he didn't believe what was being said to him, and just when it looked like he was about to have me arrested because of being an intruder, I revealed the Triforce of Courage where the King's reaction immediately changed.

" If not for what you have just shown me dear child, you would be locked in irons and sent off to the dungeon, but that is indeed one of the three pieces of the sacred triangle, and no one is able to gain access to the Sacred Realm under any circumstances. I now believe you have been telling me the truth, and I apologize for doubting your story, but how could Ganondorf betray our kingdom considering he has much to gain with this alliance?" asked the King.

" He wants Hyrule because his people have been persecuted for generations by the other tribes," I replied.

" I have heard reports about this for some time, yet I believed it was just a misunderstanding. Now I realize that I should have taken it more seriously, for the future you have revealed is one where he rules over a world filled with darkness and monsters," said the King.

" Only her highness Princess Zelda, her attendant Impa, and the Captain of the Royal Guard are the sole survivors after Ganondorf's attack," I said.

" What about the rest?" asked the King.

" He slaughtered all of them," I replied.

" Zelda, you were right about him all along, and all I cared about was trying to have his people form an alliance. You constantly told me that he was someone who would bring our world to ruin, yet I chose to ignore you because my concern involved the unification. Can you ever forgive me for being so stubborn, and not realizing the truth even when it was staring me right in the face?

Sunset Shimmer, no words can express my gratitude over such actions which have saved this kingdom from a dark future, but I am afraid our people will not accept a child having saved us. The Royal Family of Hyrule will never forget what you have done, yet it will be known only to us. Now then, I must deal with this situation right away....Shining Armour," said the King.

" Your majesty, are you sure it's wise to listen to the words of a girl from the forest?" asked Shining Armour.

" She holds one of the three Triforce pieces," replied the King.

" While I don't deny that because it's impossible to obtain them due to where they have been sealed, but a part of me doubts her story because of her appearance, and for sneaking into the castle without alerting anyone of her presence. Then again, I suppose my guards wouldn't have let her in, and claim she were some kind of lunatic. Perhaps I just need to get a better grasp of what might happen should currents events continue on," said Shining Armour.

" I'm certain it will come to you, but right now Ganondorf is to be arrested for crimes against the kingdom. You have my full permission to do what is necessary to subdue him, and should he fight back in any way against your men, have someone alert Impa and she will take care of things," said the King.

" I never did trust that man, but rest assured your majesty that my men and I will track him down before he leaves the castle. If any of his fellow thieves attempt to protect him, they shall be arrested as well for trying to aid a traitor," said Shining Armour. With that, he ran out of the throne room, and started calling out for any guards who were available because he needed all of them. The King then thanked me personally for what I had revealed, and then dismissed me saying he needed to work on an alternative to the unification.

Twilight then told me I was welcome to visit the castle any time because the King would grant such a permission which she would enforce in case the guards would say otherwise, but I said this experience had left me feeling exhausted. I also said I was going to return home to the forest because my friends there will probably be wondering where I've been.

She said her thanks as well before leaving to perform her duties, and soon I would leave myself in order to find a secluded location on the castle grounds because every last thing had been taken care of.

" So I guess that's it then?" I asked.

" By informing the King of his treachery, Ganondorf will never conquer Hyrule, and the future we've seen won't happen. I'm not entirely sure where things are going to go from here in this time period, but you've changed the fate of this land. If you didn't think you've fulfilled any kind of destiny, you have now because I don't think anything can top what you just did.

I've got to admit that this was one crazy journey what with so many things happening, and you turned out to be a pretty cool heroine even though it did take you quite a while before you picked up the pace," replied Spike.

" I'm hoping that now that I've fulfilled my destiny, I can finally go back to the human world," I said.

" What exactly did you need to do?" asked Spike.

" I was told by the real Ganondorf that I needed to come into his world which is Hyrule, and lead it to a brighter future all while suffering in the process. Upon being successful in this task, I'm guessing he will pull me out of here, and back where I'm from, but I don't really know what's going to happen," I replied.

" Maybe this is where we should part ways," suggested Spike.

" Yes because I don't think you'll be able to understand the ways of my world," I said.

" I am so glad you and I became partners Sunset Shimmer, and while we did have our, we made a very good team," smiled Spike.

" If it wasn't for all of that advice, I'd have perished a long time ago," I smiled.

" Maybe we'll meet each other again one day," said Spike. He then started to fly away, but not before saying goodbye before he flew off leaving me on my own, but then a bright light suddenly started to envelope me, and this could only mean that I was finally going back home after all this time.

Another blinding flash obscured my vision, and for quite some time it felt like I was falling through a gap between time and space, yet when I opened my eyes, I discovered that I wasn't in the human world, but rather in a dank place where it was raining constantly from dark clouds hanging above me.

" This isn't right at all. I should be back in Pinkie Pie's bedroom having a sleepover, so why am I here in this place?" I asked myself.

" That makes two of us," replied Spike.

" Spike!!!! What are you doing here?" I asked.

" I don't know, but apparently I've been sent here as well for some reason. This place looks like a ruined Hyrule Castle, but the entire area has been devoid of life given how dreary it all looks. It feels like this is what the world could be like well into the future, but a powerful darkness has brought both of us here," replied Spike. That's when I noticed a figure off in the distance, but I couldn't see who it was because the night badly limited my vision, yet I heard footsteps indicating this figure was coming towards me.

A few moments later, and the figure came to a stop where it was a tall man wearing black armour who appeared to be holding a scabbard in his hand. His eyes struck fear into my heart which suddenly struck a nerve in my memory, for I recognized those eyes. Those were the same ones that I saw back in the human world before all of this happened. When I was having a sleepover with my friends, it was his eyes which began this journey for me.

" So....you finally managed to fulfill your destiny."

" Who is that?" asked Spike.

" The real Ganondorf," I replied. I could sense a powerful aura coming from him which made it hard for me to breathe....is this what pure evil is really like? I've never felt anything like this before despite encountering those who had evil in their hearts. Even the darkness which existed in my heart didn't give off such a strong amount of force, and Sunset Demon considered herself to be great in that regard, but now I see she paled in comparison to him.

" It has been a very long time since I last saw you child," said Ganondorf as thunder struck nearby revealing his facial features in a menacing way. " Despite all of the torment you have endured, you succeeded in changing the fate of Hyrule which is exactly what I had foreseen. You certainly proved to be very entertaining to watch, but I suppose it needed a conclusion in the end. Judging from that expression on your face, you have figured out the truth about me, and this isn't surprising.

Yes, I come from the future....centuries from now to be more precise, and I have learned much since being banished to the Sacred Realm, and executed for treason against the royal family, and banished upon my transformation after claiming the True Force upon killing the Hero of Time, and taking what Zelda had."

" How can you have done three different things?" I asked.

" Time is a force no can truly understand, for the events you experienced caused three distinct realities to come into existence. What I just told you were my respective fates in each stream of time's flow, yet there is so much more that resulted after my rise to power was thwarted, prevented, and even denied across the streams. At one point, you were questioning why defeating my younger self was pointless, and I know you figured out an answer," replied Ganondorf.

" Have you been reading my thoughts?" I asked.

" I have foreseen everything which has come to pass child, so what you were thinking is something I've known long before you even considered it. You are also wondering why you still remain in this world despite fulfilling your destiny, and that is because there is one final challenge that awaits," replied Ganondorf. His soothing voice was one thing that was scaring me, but his dark aura was the truly terrifying thing as it continues to have me on edge because of how strong it was.

It made the other version of him look completely tame in comparison, but then I felt annoyed that I still had something else to do when my freedom had been won. " If you want to return to your world child, then you must do battle....with me. Of course, the chances of you prevailing are next to nothing, so think of it more along the lines of surviving long enough."

" I've beaten you twice now despite the difficulty," I said.

" That is because the younger version of me was arrogant to no end, but I am much wiser than he ever was. You can already sense the darkness coming from me, so you know my power far exceeds your own, and that is why you merely need survive until the certain point has been passed where I will be satisfied," said Ganondorf. He then grabbed the scabbard he had been holding with his free hand where he slowly pulled out a sword before tossing the scabbard aside.

This blade looked really unusual as though it wasn't real, yet I could sense how powerful it was. At first I felt offended over his insistence on me simply surviving, but perhaps he was making a good point because the aura coming from him made me so scared that I couldn't draw the Master Sword and Mirror Shield. Wait what!?!? How did I get these all of a sudden?

" Surprised that you are holding that sword along with the shield which you used against my younger self? You can use all of the weapons you used against me before, and you can even transform because I will not stop you. I suggest you change for it could prevent a rather quick death from occurring. If you are doubting my words then I suggest you think otherwise because the power I possess strikes fear into your very soul."

" What do you know about him?" I asked.

" I have no idea," replied Spike.

" Makes sense given this is a future version of the Evil King," I said.

" The only advice that I can give you is to transform right now because you need to survive, for I've got a feeling this guy is serious about what he's saying right now," said Spike. Knowing there was no other choice, I began to concentrate until my pony ears and tail appeared, and Ganondorf didn't move a single inch which made me worried because I was supposed to be going back home, but here I am fighting one last time much to my annoyance.

" Are you ready?" asked Ganondorf.

" Why do this anyway? I've won your challenge and earned my freedom," I replied.

" Because I have willed it to be, and know that if you wish to return home child, you must survive, or else you will die. I shall let you go if you can survive for ten minutes, yet you think such a length of time serves as an insult yes? Once this challenge gets underway, everything will become clear to you. Now, show me your power as you can have the first strike," said Ganondorf. Something about this felt really odd because why would he insist on me having the first strike?

While I have defeated him twice, I had a feeling he was going to be even stronger. As I walked towards him in a careful manner because of being afraid, he didn't move which meant he was serious, so why am I hesitating? " Are you afraid child? There is no shame in having fear, for you are facing a force far beyond your understanding, but perhaps you will prove me wrong and make for an adequate challenge?"

He was trying to goad me into making a mistake, but I'm not about to listen to his words because that would cause me to lose everything which isn't an option. The moment I got within range of Ganondorf, I began to charge as fast as possible, and slashed him across the chest before stopping a short distance away.

" Maybe you shouldn't have given me a free shot," I said.

" It was my way of giving you some kind of chance, for it seems you have celebrated too soon," said Ganondorf.

" What!?!? That did nothing?" I asked.

" If anything, your strike merely tickled me, but I suppose this is all the power you truly possess. You may have bested my younger self twice, but now you face a more wiser and powerful incarnation who is beyond your limitations," replied Ganondorf. He then moved forward where it looked like he simply vanished, and then he reappeared behind me before thrusting his sword through my stomach which caused me tremendous amounts of pain. How was he able to do that while I'm in my transformed state?

I tried to do something, yet I found myself paralyzed on the spot. " I made sure to strike at the right organs to disable you, yet you appear confused as to how you couldn't detect my movements despite being strong yourself. No doubt you've figured out by now that I am not just a mere video game character, but rather the true Dark Lord who has brought Hyrule to ruin countless times across the ages, yet which period of time do I hail from?

Perhaps showing you this will give you an answer." He clenched his free hand into a fist where the Triforce mark appeared on the back of his hand, and I was in complete shock when all three pieces glowed. " That expression across your face isn't surprising child, for you know what it truly means, and know that the chances of you surviving long enough grow even dimmer."

" You have the True Force!" I shouted.

" It took many centuries for me to finally claim my prize," said Ganondorf.

" Then there is no way I can defeat you?" I asked.

" Correct as the wound I've inflicted on you has taken its toll even though it will not end your life just yet, but then again you have proven to be most unpredictable when facing impossible odds," replied Ganondorf. He pulled out his sword where I dropped to my knees, and then he kicked me which felt like being hit by a dozen people all at once. I went sailing across this dark landscape where I crashed into a wall, and he began walking towards me again in a calm manner.

" This isn't going well at all," I said.

" He's too strong," said Spike.

" No kidding, but I have to survive if I want to go home," I said.

" Your magic is useless against him, but maybe the Light Arrow will do something instead. Right now, he isn't in his form of Ganon, so the light will cause some damage, but then again he could be immune to that as well," said Spike.

" Only way to know for certain," I said.

" What are you planning?" asked Ganondorf. His answer would be revealed when I took out the Fairy Bow, and fired a Light Arrow striking him right in the chest, but to my horror, it did absolutely nothing. I then fired a second arrow at him followed by another after that, yet both of these did nothing upon connecting, so I tried one more time where this time he caught my arrow with his free hand before crushing it to powder. " I am not surprised that you would use the light to weaken me, but you should have listened to your advice.

I am no longer vulnerable to the light, for I overcame that weakness. If anything, the power of light merely serves as an annoyance above anything else. A shame you do not possess any silver arrows, for those would have given you a fighting chance, yet such a tool does not get created in Hyrule for centuries." This was getting serious because everything I was using turned out to be having no effect, so I need to come up with another tactic quickly before things really spiral out of control.

My magical explosion might be able to slow him down, but I doubt that will do anything as he probably knows about it. Maybe if I can find some way to turn his own power against him, it should prove effective, yet how do I go about convincing him to attack me like that?

" You're more powerful than I was expecting," I said.

" This is something you didn't figure out sooner? If that is the case then I pity you for not being a true warrior," said Ganondorf.

" What does that mean?" I asked.

" A true warrior fights to their full potential, and doesn't hold back. You are holding back out of fear because of your emotions, but one like you would embrace such feelings rather than cower to them. That is something I learned over time where my own emotions clouded my judgment as I allowed rage to consume my mind, but because of how powerful I have become, I no longer am held back. Very few people can oppose me, but the rare ones who do manage to prove rather interesting end up perishing in the end.

The True Force is a power none can oppose no matter how strong they claim themselves to be. My words are difficult for you to understand it appears, so let me show you," replied Ganondorf. He then ran forward where he disappeared again, and before I could make some kind of counterattack, he reappeared to my left where I turned around to face him, but then he was gone, so I turned back the other way where he was now standing in front of me.

My reaction was one where I freaked out because he surprised me, yet he ignored this and stuck out his hand where it began to glow in a pulsating light. I knew what he was about to do, so I raised the Mirror Shield in response. " Yes, your reaction is exactly what I expected from you, but while that shield can absorb magical energies and launch them back, it can only go so far until it completely fails."

Ganondorf then fired a dark ball of magical energy, and my shield was able to absorb his power at first, but then his words stared to come true because the magic was too much for the Mirror Shield to handle. Eventually, it failed where I found myself being blasted by an incredible power which sent me flying into some more ruins where I could barely get up.

" No matter what I do, he has an answer for everything," I said.

" Ganondorf is too powerful for you," said Spike.

" So why am I even here?" I asked.

" Only he knows that answer, yet all he cares about is mopping the floor with you Sunset Shimmer. In fact, since this challenge started, he has been causing you a combination of wounds along physical, emotional, and mental lines, and you haven't done anything to him other than perhaps tickling him," replied Spike.

" I need to survive long enough to return home," I said.

" Provided he wants that," said Spike.

" If I had a potion right now, or even a fairy, I'd be able to regain my strength and perhaps fight back," I said.

" Even if you had a dozen of each item, it won't do any good against this Ganondorf," sighed Spike.

" Then what can I do?" I asked.

" I don't know," replied Spike.

" Nothing! You have no options thus your fate has been sealed," said Ganondorf. Before I even realized it, he pinned me to the ground and placed his foot on my neck where he was crushing it although I could tell he was holding back. I tried to do something to get him off of me, but nothing was happening. It sadly dawned on me I had run out of ideas, and it meant I'll never get to return home. That's when he aimed his sword at me where it was about an inch away from my face, but he chose to laugh for a moment rather than finish me off.

" You lasted much longer than I suspected child, but in the end you didn't stand a chance because you still remain the same. You are stagnant in both body and mind, and that makes you weak and easy to conquer. On the other hand, I am stronger because of spending these past centuries preparing for the day where Hyrule would at last become mine. Most would have died after my first attack, yet you persevered through tremendous pain, and for that you have earned my respect."

" What will you do now?" I asked.

" Normally, I'd just kill you and be done with it because of you being nothing more than a mere distraction, yet you have managed to survive thus earned both life and freedom. I shall grant your desire to return to your world, and change things back to the way they were before, yet only you will remember what has taken place. Those who live in your world won't remember any of this, for they will believe that it was all just a dream, but know that this is merely the beginning child," replied Ganondorf.

" You mean I have to come back to this world again?" I asked.

" Hyrule is finished with you, but another world beckons. This other world is far more dangerous than what you've experienced here by far, so the chances of your survival are slim to none. You cannot escape from this fate which destiny has placed upon your shoulders, and the same can be said about the one who is viewed as being close to you. Perhaps we shall meet again child, for I would like to see you reach new levels of power, but I suppose it will have to deal with you," replied Ganondorf.

" It?" I asked.

" You'll know soon enough," replied Ganondorf.

" Figures I wouldn't get an answer from you," I moaned.

" Why take the easy way out?" asked Ganondorf.

" Does anything you say make sense?" I asked.

" You have an impatient attitude it seems....how amusing, and yet it reminds me of my younger days where I was impulsive and ignorant of the world around me. You may wish to deny this child, but you are much like myself," replied Ganondorf.

" Me? Be like you!?!? I'll never be anything like you!" I shouted.

" Give it time because you will soon understand what my words mean when fate decides to deal a mighty blow to you. There are other forces out there which are as powerful as I am, or at least try to match my power, and one of these shall become your fate without you ever knowing it to be true as your mind will hide this fact," said Ganondorf. I'm not liking the sound of this one bit as I don't want to wind up becoming anything like him, and I won't allow his words to scare me.

" I don't believe you," I said.

" Typical response," laughed Ganondorf.

" What else could I say? You've been pretty cryptic about it," I said

" Because there is much which remains elusive to you, and it will become clear when you plunge into this other world. Think of this as a curse which you must overcome otherwise dire consequences shall erupt. My time here has come to an end, and the same can be said of you, for now I shall return you back to where you came from. One last thing to mention before I let you go child....you may think this was just a dream, but you'll soon see something that will serve as a reminder of what is going to happen in the future.

Your friends may not understand what it means, but it will become obvious to you. You may think you're free child, but in truth you still remain trapped. Now....begone," said Ganondorf. He then clenched his hand into a fist where the Triforce mark appeared, and he laughed as I felt myself being knocked out by his dark power. Spike tried to say something to me, but I lost consciousness before I could hear him all while hearing sinister laughter echoing around me....

" Sunset Shimmer?"

" Uhhhh...."

" Sunset Shimmer? Are you okay?"

" Where am I?" I asked.

" You look like you took quite the nasty bump on your head given your lack of a response." That's when I finally came to after being rudely interrupted by someone who kept on calling my name, and it turned out to be Rarity who was wearing her normal clothes instead of a dress like before. I then looked around my surroundings, and sure enough I was back in Pinkie Pie's bedroom where I saw her and everyone else who were staring at me as though there was something wrong.

I'm back in the human world again, but it sounds like I've out like a light for some time. " Oh, you're awake darling! We've been worried about you for the past few hours ever since you accidentally fell over, and hitting your head on the floor. Don't make any sudden moves now because you don't want to experience any kind of relapse now."

" I did what to my head?" I asked.

" You hit it on the floor," replied Rarity.

" Really? I don't remember it happening that way. In fact, I remember Rainbow Dash was hogging the controller, and that's when things went weird. At least, I think that's what happened earlier, but the bump on my head must have made me forget," I said. Actually, I do remember although this is something I have to keep to myself because they won't believe a word of it which is what Ganondorf said. To my friends, what transpired was just a crazy dream, but to me it really happened.

" Guess I got a little overboard," said Rainbow Dash.

" More like y'all went crazy with what you did with that controller," moaned Applejack.

" So I get completely engrossed with video games. There's nothing wrong with doing that," said Rainbow Dash.

" Most people tend to enjoy the experience, but you take it to a brand new level which defies any lick of sense. At least you turned the console off after Sunset Shimmer hit her head, so you did show concern for her well-being. In any case Rainbow Dash, I think you ought to take a break from playing them video games because you act as though you could get sucked right into it, and experience it as though it were real the way you play," said Applejack.

She had no idea that what she said was true beyond all reasoning, yet it will never be known to them which is disappointing, for it would have made for an interesting conversation. I suppose that's for the best because some of the things they did in Hyrule along with the outfits they had to wear would have been nothing short of crazy.

" Yeah, you're right Applejack, but I won't take a break from video games as they do me a world of good believe it or not. They can be a real stress reliever so long as you don't get all freaked out when things don't go your way, and that's why I avoid playing anything from the puzzle genre as I wouldn't have a clue as to how those are supposed to be played," said Rainbow Dash.

" Once Sunset Shimmer is back on her feet, we can play some more games, but let the rest of us get in on the action," said Applejack.

" You don't need to worry about me," I said.

" Of course we do because you got hurt," said Rarity.

" It's just a small bump on my head, for if it had been a lot more serious, you'd all be rushing me to the hospital or something. All I need is to have some rest, and maybe watch you play some video games. I was thinking of playing some myself, but I've changed my mind because I think I'd rather watch than actually experience it," I said.

" Well, if that's what you want to do darling, then we can only agree with your decision," said Rarity.

" I think we should give either Mario Party 3, or Super Smash Bros. a spin this time around, and four people can play at the same time which should be to everyone's liking," said Rainbow Dash.

" Finally, the rest of us get to have fun rather than just you," said Applejack.

" We'll all play either one for about an hour, and then I just have to show you this other game I picked up. I'm not going to play it tonight because the last one really took a lot out of me, but I'll be sure to bring it over for the next sleepover. Actually, I wanted to play this first, but it's a sequel to the one I ended up playing instead which would have confused me, and it's called "The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask" which is a rather hilarious name if I ever heard anything more funny," said Rainbow Dash.

Hearing that name triggered something in my mind which I made sure not to reveal to the others, and it must be what Ganondorf mentioned before I returned home. I then looked down at my hand which is when I saw the Triforce mark appear, but it was rather transparent so as to not be so obvious, yet it was enough to remind me that this was only the beginning of what was to come.

My adventures in Hyrule may have come to an end, and I'm back home as a result, but one day I'll be forced into visiting another world where things will be even worse. Guess I can relax now and watch my friends play video games for a while, but I'm going to have trouble concentrating because of what now hangs above me head.

" Sunset Shimmer? What was that which just appeared on the back of your hand?" asked Fluttershy.

" Oh, you saw that?" I asked.

" It looked as though you didn't want that to be seen," replied Fluttershy.

" Did you get yourself a tattoo?" asked Pinkie Pie.

" No, I wouldn't call it that," I replied.

" Well, it looked like one to me, but I didn't think you'd be crazy Sunset Shimmer, for I'm the crazy one of the group. Still, you got yourself a tattoo, or at least something that resembles one, so I've got my reputation to uphold as being a party animal. Maybe I should get a tattoo myself," suggested Pinkie Pie. It's hard not to be mad at her given how she is always optimistic despite being rather eccentric, yet I wished the Triforce mark had been exactly what she thinks it is.

That's when the voice of Ganondorf ringed throughout my head. He kept on repeating the same words over and over....fate has chosen you to bear such a burden, and you cannot escape no matter what you do....am I to endure this until it finally happens? Am I going to lose my mind thinking about when I'll be plunged into this other world? I buried my head into my hands and began to weep, for I don't think I can endure not knowing what will happen.

Pinkie then noticed what was wrong, and decided to hug me because she felt I needed some cheering up. " You look really upset about that tattoo you've got, but I wouldn't worry about it because whether it was a mistake or not on your part, it probably has a much deeper meaning that is known only to you. It probably means one day in the future, you'll be going on some kind of epic journey where the fate of an entire world hangs in the balance, and you'll beat the odds which will be heavily stacked against you."

" Are you sure about that Pinkie Pie?" asked Fluttershy.

" It was just a guess on my part, but I've been pretty accurate when it comes to this sort of thing like when I figured out that Twilight was an alternate world," replied Pinkie Pie. As she walked off to raid the refrigerator as I heard her mention her stomach was hungry, I lifted my head up in surprise because of what she just said. It never ceases to amaze me that among my friends, Pinkie makes situations easier to understand not to mention how she knows exactly what will happen.

" Do you believe her words?" asked Fluttershy.

" She has proven to be accurate," I replied.

" This is true, but I am hoping that she is wrong because the thought of you going to a strange world makes me really worried. You've been through so much especially between the Fall Formal, and the Battle of the Bands, but to hear this coming from Pinkie makes me think destiny wants you to suffer even more. I think it's just unfair that you have to be punished by fate all because you made some poor choices in the past, yet you shouldn't have to face such a burden," said Fluttershy.

" I'm sure I'll figure something out," I said.

" I hope you do because none of us want to lose you as a friend. By the way, assuming that's some kind of tattoo, you might want to hide it when we go to school as you know that Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna don't like the thought of students with tattoos as it sets a bad precedence," said Fluttershy. As she settled down by Applejack who was next to Rainbow Dash and Rarity who needed more players to play Super Smash Bros., I began reflecting on what both she and Pinkie said, and I guess fate desired this for me.

I was hoping to finally become free of my troubled past and move on with my life, yet it seems to have become something much more as though my past had evolved into a present day problem that revolves around a video game. I guess all I can do at this point is wait and see what fate decides to do to me, and that's when Ganondorf's voice appeared in my head again.

" Fate has dealt this blow to you, and now you must face what lies ahead. You can rest knowing that you fulfilled one destiny, but know that some day you shall face your greatest challenge. It will hang over your head like a sword waiting to cleave the head off of your shoulders, so do not forget this otherwise you could lose everything.

It could happen at any moment without warning, for fate is most unpredictable, child. Will you keep what little sanity you have left, or will it shatter to pieces and be irreversible? I am eager to see what will transpire," said Ganondorf.

The End

And Also to Be Continued because the first of Four Bonus Chapters will begin next. That's right, there are four more chapters which may connect to something much bigger, or maybe Sunset Shimmer is curious about the history behind Hyrule.

PreviousChapters Next