• Published 9th Nov 2014
  • 8,916 Views, 307 Comments

The Legend of Sunset Shimmer: Ocarina of Time - Ganondorf8



Sunset Shimmer was simply enjoying a night indoors with her friends, but the magical energies of the human world which clashed in Rainbow Rocks has caused something unexpected to happen.

  • ...
28
 307
 8,916

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 25: The Missing Tribe

Author's Note:

Disclaimer: I do not own anything regarding the Legend of Zelda, the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and My Little Pony: Equestria Girls Rainbow Rocks. These are the properties of Nintendo and Hasbro respectively.

It's a mystery, but no detective is needed to solve this one. Also, everyone's favourite muscular pony is going to be here....hope Sunset Shimmer has shouting insurance.

Cast appearing in this chapter.

Sunset Shimmer - Link/????
Spike - Navi the Fairy
Twilight Sparkle - Sheik
Applebloom - Malon
Granny Smith - Talon
Bulk Biceps - Biggoron

The Legend of Sunset Shimmer: Ocarina of Time.
By Ganondorf8
December 29, 2014
Chapter 25: The Missing Tribe.

" What do you mean by Ganondorf's followers went through Kakariko Village?" I asked.

" This is a rumour mind you, so the accuracy is difficult to ascertain. When he first appeared and took the throne, Ganondorf wanted to have all of the tribes bow down to his will. His own tribe, the Gerudo, already pledged their devotion to him because he was their king, yet the remaining tribes weren't as willing to accept him. That's why one of the first acts he committed as king was to destroy Hyrule Castle Town," replied Applebloom.

" He destroyed Hyrule Castle Town because the Hylians refused to accept him as their king?" I asked.

" No, they were willing to accept him as the Hylians are bound to follow whoever wears the crown. Ganondorf wanted to destroy the town as a testament towards the fact that he despised the Hylians for living in such beauty and squander while his people were forced to suffer cold nights in a harsh landscape where survival was anything but certain," replied Applebloom.

" Okay, so for a number of years the tribes all continued to thrive as though nothing had really changed, but then what happened to the Gorons that would cause them to just disappear without a trace?" I asked.

" People in the village say that the leader of the Gorons was never accepting of Ganondorf's ascension to the throne, and was extremely vocal about it. They also say that the king planned on punishing the Gorons in order to warn the other tribes of what can happen should they choose to resist him. What exactly that punishment was I don't know, and neither do the villagers as they wanted to keep their noses out of it in order to ensure Ganondorf wouldn't come after them next," replied Applebloom.

" I'm not surprised that the Goron Chieftain would be so vocal towards Ganondorf as she always was a stubborn one," I said.

" You know of their leader?" asked Applebloom.

" She and I are Sworn Brothers, and I assume that this is still in effect even now. While she appears as being a fun loving person, her personality changes completely if you were to anger her. Of course, that was the old version of her as I suspect that her way of thinking towards Ganondorf is one where she wishes to keep her people safe from him," I replied.

" While I must commend her for wanting to stand up to Ganondorf, the leader of the Gorons is merely dooming her people by choosing to anger the king. He has such terrifying power that all are afraid of him! If you are that concerned with her Sunset Shimmer, I suggest that you make your way over to Kakariko Village, and climb up Death Mountain to see if the rumours are true," said Applebloom.

" Are any of those rumours true?" I asked.

" Only one and that is the villagers haven't heard anything from the Gorons for several months now as though they simply closed off all communication with the rest of the kingdom. You're probably wondering how I know so much about these rumours aren't ya? When I was working under Mr. Ingo, he had me travel back and forth between the ranch and the village to fulfill some errands, and I happened to overhear all of those conversations," replied Applebloom.

I thanked her once more for the help and for the present upon which I said that I would check out at my house whenever I was able to get around to it. I gave a gentle kick to the ribs and Epona started to gallop as I had her turn around and leave the corral by heading through the gate to where the house and stable were. Big Mac was still there with that smile on his face, and I waved back to him as I left the ranch and Epona galloped along for about a mile before I had her come to a stop.

The reason for this was that I had a couple of options as to where I wanted to go next, but I wasn't sure which would be deemed as more important. On the one hand I needed to go to Kakariko Village and find out what's happened with the Gorons. On the other hand, I needed to return to the Temple of Time as Sheik said that she would be waiting for me there.

" What's wrong?" asked Spike.

" I'm trying to figure out where to go next," I replied.

" I told you that the ring of fire above the peak of Death Mountain was suspicious, and coupled with the information we just received from Malon, we need to head over there in order to get to the next temple," said Spike.

" And what about the Temple of Time?" I asked.

" The temple huh? Well, that would also be important I suppose especially since Sheik was quite adamant about you wanting to go there. Besides, there is something which actually has been bothering me, and it isn't as bad as you being afraid to transform in fear of losing control. How did Sheik know that Saria would become the Sage of Forest in the first place? It's like she either predicted it, or she knows something that we don't," replied Spike.

" Come to think of it, she also knew that I needed to get the Hookshot in order to enter the Forest Temple, but how could she have known that? I think it's pretty clear at this point as to where we should go next," I said.

" To talk to our mysterious ally?" asked Spike.

" Yep, and to get some answers to our questions," I replied. I urged Epona to make her way towards the entrance to Hyrule Castle Town which took her several minutes to gallop over there, but as soon as we reached the broken bridge, she came to a stop and reared up onto her hind legs and neighed which caught me by surprise. It looked as though she had no intention of entering the town, and I didn't blame her seeing as the place was destroyed when Ganondorf came along.

I climbed down to the ground and patted Epona on her muzzle and gave her a cuddle telling her things were going to be okay, and that I would only be a few minutes. Entering the town through the destroyed gate and running past the Ghost Shop, I reached the market where the same Re-Deads from before were still standing, but I ignored them and ran towards the Temple of Time before they could even react to my presence. The moment I entered the temple, Sheik was standing there and beckoned me to follow her to which I did.

" It seems that you have become a bit more relaxed since we last met," said Twilight.

" Which was only just an hour or two ago you know," I moaned.

" I know why you have come to the Temple of Time. You came here as you wish to know why I am aware of certain aspects of the world, and that you are suspicious of my motives. I have been all over this land for these past seven years helping the various tribes deal with the problems of Ganondorf's reign, and so I've learned much such as knowing where you needed to go in order to acquire the skill you needed to enter the Forest Temple and awaken the forest girl," said Twilight.

" You got all of that from what you experienced?" I asked.

" Correct, for talking to people in order to calm them down can result in them opening their hearts to you and reveal information which they would not normally discuss with anyone outside of their own circle," replied Twilight. She walked all the way over to where the altar was where the three Spiritual Stones had been placed before she quickly turned around and gave me a creepy looking stare.

" The question I must ask of you would be this. Do you believe my words to be true, and that my only goal is to guide you on your journey?" She then turned around and slammed her hands down onto the altar as though she was having some kind of emotional breakdown, but then she quickly regained her composure before folding her arms and waiting for me to respond to her question.

" I do trust you Sheik as you've been very helpful to me ever since I returned from the Sacred Realm, and I have no reason to doubt your claims as so far you haven't shown any kind of harmful intent towards me. However, you do have to forgive me for being distrustful as there is much about you which I don't know about. So long as I know that you won't end up backstabbing me in the future, you have my trust and that is a promise," I replied.

" You have strong convictions indeed, and they will no doubt serve you well. Now please follow me to the back room where you pulled the Master Sword from its place of rest," said Twilight. She then walked around the altar and beckoned me to follow her once again, but why did she want to take me back to where I began this new journey? Was there something which I missed and never realized before?

Sheik continued to walk as she made her way to the Pedestal of Time before coming to a stop and looking down at it before turning her attention to me again. " While you were able to awaken the forest girl as a Sage, there are many other Sages who are awaiting you to rescue them. In order to awaken all six Sages, you must become even more powerful. You must climb over great mountains, swim under vast lakes, and even travel through time itself."

" Travel through time? Is that even possible?" I asked.

" If you thrust the Master Sword into the Pedestal of Time you originally pulled it from, you will travel back in time seven years," replied Twilight.

" Why would you tell me something as significant as that? I could simply go back in time and just stay there and never have to worry about dealing with the problems occurring in this time period," I said.

" But you are the kind of person who wouldn't resort to such a thing," said Twilight.

" You're right as that would be admitting defeat and acting like a coward. I aim to restore this world back to the way it was by defeating Ganondorf, but I am confused as to why I would want to go back into the past when it's obvious that I'm needed here," I said.

" There will come a time when you will need to return here quickly," said Twilight. She then pulled out her golden harp and began to strum a few notes on it before looking at me again. " I will now teach you the melody which will allow you to return here when the time comes. This melody is one which can penetrate the darkness with the brightness of justice. Listen now, to the Prelude of Light!" Sheik then began to play a series of six notes twice over which sounded really beautiful, and it dawned on me that I never asked her how she is so good at playing such a lovely instrument.

Once she had finished strumming her harp, she turned it over to me where I took out the Ocarina of Time and attempted to play the same notes. I really need to practice with this instrument as I had to make almost a dozen attempts before I played it correctly, and it caused Sheik to chuckle along at the sight of my obvious lack of ocarina playing,

" Sorry about that," I said blushing.

" It's okay as you haven't had the chance to play the Ocarina of Time as much as you would like," said Twilight. Once I played it a second time, I had learned the Prelude of Light which I felt was going to be a very useful warp song as coming to the Temple of Time is going to be a thing in the future by the looks of it. Sheik then put her golden harp away before stepping backwards a few steps which meant that I knew what was about to happen next.

" As long as you hold both the Master Sword and the Ocarina of Time in your possession, you hold time itself in your hands. Sunset Shimmer, I shall see you again." She then tossed a Deku Nut which flashed a lot brighter than usual which almost made me blind, but when my vision returned, she was gone again, but at least she managed to give me some vital information. I had the ability to return to the past just by placing the Master Sword back in the Pedestal of Time, and immediately return to the exact moment when Ganondorf entered the Sacred Realm.

I was tempted to want to go back in time and have some fun, but I had more important things to do which involved going to Kakariko Village and finding out about the Gorons. With this new information fresh in my mind, I started to make my way back to the entrance of the temple, but stopped when I reached the altar.

" What's wrong?" asked Spike.

" I'm sensing something," I replied.

" You do? I don't sense anything at all," said Spike.

" There's something standing behind us at a fair distance, and is hiding in the shadows for whatever reason it has. I'm actually looking at it right now out of the corner of my eye, and I can see the evil in its eyes," I said. What I was looking at was something that was standing in the shadows behind the Pedestal of Time, but I didn't know if it has simply appeared by moving through the shadows, or it had been waiting for Sheik to leave before choosing to confront me.

I had no intention of confronting it as that would be a stupid thing for me to do. I knew that it wasn't Ganondorf as why would he want to deal with someone who was beneath him? As I walked away without looking back at this presence, for some reason it was reminding me of my past self, but I didn't know why.

What I didn't know was that this presence was in fact the she-demon form of myself now having grown much stronger although it was still being incoherent when it came to its speech pattern. The fear that I had with regards to my transformation was the food it needed to grow strong as it fed on darkness.

" You are afraid of the....evil within you which comes forth....when you transform into that hideous form. Why....would you choose to become something....so ugly, and full....of good magic when you....could have stayed like me....and become all powerful where nothing could....oppose your will. You are not....worthy of being Sunset Shimmer....that distinction is mine for I....I am the real you, the one who....is feared and hated by all....I shall become the only Sunset Shimmer....you will become nothing more than a memory....a memory that never existed in the....hearts of others. Sunset Shimmer....must take your place....must become you....must kill you to become you...."

" I did sense something after all," said Spike.

" There was an odd feeling I was getting from that presence back as though it were related to me," I said. As I walked out of the temple, I turned to the right and stared up at Death Mountain whose ring of fire was intense and stunning to look at even from this distance. The last time, I had to save the Gorons from starving to death due to Ganondorf wanting the spiritual stone. Could he have decided to try and starve them again, or did he have something far worse than simply denying them their sustenance?

As I continued to stare at the mountain, I began to think about Pinkie Pie, and what she had been doing these past seven years. Was she still the Goron Chieftain or did she end up stepping down due to allowing her anger to get the better of her again? " Spike, I don't know what we're going to discover up there, but we need to be prepared to deal with the angry form of Darunia." With that resolve in my heart, I started to head back to the center of town in order to leave, and the presence I felt appeared at the entrance to the temple where it gazed out upon me before it disappeared back into the shadows.

" So what do we know so far regarding Death Mountain other than the fact that it has a ring of fire above the peak?" asked Spike.

" The Gorons have been really quiet during the past several months according to what Applebloom overheard from the villagers, and that they've essentially cut themselves off from the rest of the kingdom. We also have rumours that Ganondorf's followers travelled through Kakariko Village during the same timespan as when the Gorons broke all contact, and went up there themselves perhaps to deal with the Gorons who have chosen to defy Ganondorf," I replied.

" It feels like this is more truth than rumour," said Spike.

" That's what I was thinking as well," I said.

" All of this could have something to do with the five temples," said Spike.

" What makes you think that?" I asked.

" There has been a legend which states that a sacred temple exists somewhere deep inside Death Mountain which has been used as a place of worship for the Gorons since ancient times, and it's still used even to this day. It's said that a Goron hero of some respute chose to place a mighty weapon there in the hopes that one day someone will come along and claim it as their own. There was also a reference in the legend regarding some kind of ancient monster that used to roam about the mountain instilling fear before it died, but no one knows what it could have been apart from the Gorons themselves," replied Spike.

" How do you know all of that?" I asked.

" The Great Deku Tree told us fairies about the various legends of Hyrule," replied Spike.

" Quite convenient," I said sarcastically.

" Maybe, but the fact is I don't know how completely accurate it is seeing as it's a Goron legend, so naturally they would know more about it. I'd say that Darunia would be the best person to ask about the temple of Death Mountain, for as the Goron Chieftain, she is privy to the legends of her people," said Spike.

" First we need to establish that she and the rest of her tribe are up there," I said. The moment I walked out of Hyrule Castle Town and onto the broken drawbridge, Epona neighed a happy little whinny as she was excited that I had come back, but then she went quiet as she knew that I wasn't going to be around for very long. I patted her on the muzzle and gave her a whinny of my own to explain that I had to climb up the mountain, and that she wasn't able to due to not having the ability to gallop up a flight of stairs.

Oh, I still intended on getting onto her saddle and have her gallop over to Kakariko Village as she wanted me riding her even if for a short distance. Upon climbing up and giving her a gentle rib kick, Epona galloped off towards the village, and along the way we ran into another Big Poe which immediately ran away before disappearing.

I have to remind myself to hunt down those Big Poes for that Sombra fellow who runs the Ghost Shop as he did say that he had some kind of reward if I were to get 1,000 points on my card which he insisted on keeping. Eventually, we arrived at the staircase which lead up to the village, and I climbed down off of Epona after she slowly came to a stop. I know that she didn't want me to go up Death Mountain as she must have sensed how dangerous it was, but I had no other choice as the fate of the kingdom hung in the balance.

To keep her from getting sad, I gave a soft whinny followed by a long one which told her that I would be fine and shall return as soon as possible. She whinnied back her approval, and I began to take my leave and head up the stairs.

" I still can't believe that you can speak horse," said Spike.

" Are you jealous of my little talent?" I asked.

" No, I wouldn't call it jealousy but rather being a little creeped out that you're whinnying to a horse. I know that you're a pony yourself according to your backstory, but seeing you whinny like that makes it all awkward to me. Maybe if I were a horse or capable of speaking their language, I'd be more comfortable with it," replied Spike.

" It's not my intention to make you feel uneasy with it Spike as it's just my own way of talking to Epona in order to calm her nerves, and to reassure her that things are going to be okay. You'd be surprised as to how timid and nervous she really is. Anyway, before we speak to Talon and tell her that she can go back to Lon Lon Ranch, we should ask around about the Gorons so that we don't wind up going up Death Mountain blind," I said.

The moment we entered the village, the dark clouds appeared which reminded us of the evil in the land. As I made my way towards the tree which was located in the center of the village, I noticed Scootaloo was admiring her cuccos from a safe distance, and figured that she would be someone who would know about the Gorons, but when a large burly man walked up to me with a big concern across his face, I had a feeling that he would know more than her.

" Are you an adventurer type of woman?"

" That depends," I replied.

" If you plan on going up Death Mountain in order to go looking for adventure, you should just stay away before that monster ends up getting you."

" Well, I do plan on visiting Goron City to find out what happened to the Gorons, but what do you mean by a monster?" I asked.

" Talon returned from her trip up the mountain the other day, and she said that she could hear the sounds of a fierce beast echoing all across the peak as though something had recently settled down in the Death Mountain Crater. She also said that she saw no signs of any Gorons along the mountain trails where they usually like to hang out, and while she wasn't able to search their city, she believes that the entire tribe has just disappeared without a trace."

" How sure of that are you?" I asked.

" I'm just repeating to you what Talon said when she came back."

" Hmmmm....maybe you can answer a question for me," I said.

" What is it?"

" I've been told of a rumour that several months ago, some of Ganondorf's followers walked through the village and up to Death Mountain, and I want to know if this rumour is real or it's nothing more than fabrication," I replied.

" Then you were told the truth as his followers did come through here although they ignored us all completely which was a surprise. They appeared one night, and we all hid within our homes fearing that they had come to take us away. When we discovered that they were going up Death Mountain, we all breathed a sigh of relief knowing that we were safe, but then we began to worry about the Gorons although surely their leader would be able to stop Ganondorf's followers.

You look as though you are curious about the Gorons right? You should talk to Talon about it as she knows more than I do." I thanked the man for his advice and headed straight over to the house where I saw Granny Smith before, and sure enough she was inside sitting on the bed with her eyes opened as I entered the house.

" Huh? Oh it's you from the other day," said Granny Smith as I walked up to her.

" I'm so glad that you're awake and still here as I need to speak to you about two urgent matters," I said.

" What be the problem?" asked Granny Smith.

" First of all, I came here to let you know that you can return to Lon Lon Ranch as Ingo has given up all rights of ownership back to you, so you can go there right now and see your granddaughter again," I replied.

" Are you serious young lady!?!? Then that means that you accomplished what you'd said you'd do which was to save the ranch and my granddaughter. Thanks to you, I can finally go back and see her wonderful smile for the first time in what feels like forever. As for Ingo, I'll be sure to listen to what he has to say, and then assist him with the chores as I am going to turn over a new leaf and work real hard from now on.

This whole mess was my fault from the beginning as I lost the fire in my belly and allowed the ranch to fall into disrepair, but after having been through this experience, I know now that I need to work hard and make the ranch the best that it can possibly be," said Granny Smith.

" Just don't end up falling into despair again," I said.

" Yer darn tootin' I won't be falling into that trap ever again I promise you that. Yahoo! I've got to get my things packed and head on over to the ranch as soon as possible as no doubt that Malon can't wait to see my face again," said Granny Smith.

" Hold on! You can't go just yet," I began.

" And why not?" asked Granny Smith.

" Because I still have something urgent to discuss," I replied.

" Well why didn't ya say so?" asked Granny Smith. I slapped my face in utter frustration, but quickly calmed down as I didn't want to end up losing control of my emotions, so I explained to her that I was going to climb up Death Mountain and was wondering if she knew anything about what was happening up there. " That mountain sure has changed in recent years and I don't refer to the colouring of the landscape. No, boulders have been pouring down the trails which has never happened before, and the volcano has been erupting more than ever which has made people scared to climb up there."

Granny Smith then began to scratch her chin as though she were in deep thought about something; at least I hope that was the case otherwise she may have forgotten all about it. " Oh yes! I remember now! None of the Gorons were around which was really weird as they are usually all over the trails greeting folk as they come along. I did try to visit Goron City in order to see if they were there, but I was forced to turn back by some small rolling object which didn't want me to go anywhere near it."

" And that's all you know?" I asked.

" Yep, so if you'll excuse me, I need to start getting my things together as I have a ranch to go back to," replied Granny Smith. After thanking her for the advice, I exited the home and walked over to where a crate had been left propped next to another house, and I sat down on it in order to think about what I've learned. Ganondorfs followers visited months ago in order to climb up Death Mountain, yet no one in the village knows why and none of them seem to know if those followers ever came back down.

The Gorons have been quiet for the same time period that people think they have cut off all ties to the rest of the kingdom, but what if something bad has happened to them? Could it be possible that Ganondorf is trying to starve them to death again just like before, or is he relying on some other means?

" What are you thinking about?" asked Spike.

" Just mulling over everything we've heard regarding the Gorons, and I really don't know what kind of conclusion it makes. I know that Ganondorf is involved although what remains to be seen, and the villagers have only heard rumours which may not be a reflection of the truth itself. No, the only way we're going to figure out exactly what happened would be to go up Death Mountain, and locate them on our own," I replied.

" And if we can't find them?" asked Spike.

" We'll need to speak to Darunia and find out the truth," I replied. Without wasting any time, I ran up the stairs which lead to the entrance of the Death Mountain Trail, and as soon as I entered the trail, I had to jump to the side whereupon I smacked into a wall due to a huge boulder rolling towards me which was mere inches away. As I turned around, I saw the boulder collide with apparently nothing and shattered to pieces, and here I thought it would have rolled into the village and caused some damage. " Whew! That was too close for comfort! Where in the world did that boulder come from?"

" Remember that Talon did say that boulders have been rolling down from the higher up locations of the mountain, so traversing the trail here isn't going to be as easy as it was before. Speaking of boulders, there are some rocks strewn about the path which could be used as a means of protection from both boulders and enemies. However, these rocks are much more sturdy, and they are immune to the explosions of bombs and Bomchus," replied Spike.

" Then how would I break them?" I asked as I regained my composure and walked over to a rock which was firmly planted in the ground. I tapped it with my hand gently in order to get a feel for it, and of course had I gone and gave it a punch or something like that, my hand would either be bleeding right now or broken. Then I walked around it once to confirm that it was in fact an ordinary giant rock which was made from a more stable material than the rocks I've seen in the past.

" Never mind, I just answered my own question with a little observation. I'd say that I would need some kind of heavy blunt object in order to shatter a rock like this, and I have a feeling that I'm going to need to do just that in order to uncover some vital secrets." Walking a few feet more before coming to a stop, I noticed an unusual pattern in the cliff-side to my right which made me suspicious.

" It looks like you can blow that part of the wall up with a bomb," said Spike.

" While that would be a good idea, I don't see the point as I don't think there are any Gorons hidden behind it," I said.

" Of course there wouldn't be any of them as that is just a small groove in the wall where people hide treasure chests. Any Goron who would trap themselves behind that would end up suffocating long before anyone could find him. Sorry if that sounded a little morbid, but you did come up with quite a silly scenario," laughed Spike.

" I just wanted to brighten the mood," I said.

" Due to the dark clouds above?" asked Spike.

" Just seeing them above and knowing that it isn't going to rain reminds me that Ganondorf has changed things for the worse," I replied. Sighing, I continued to walk up the mountain trail making sure to jump aside whenever a boulder would be coming my way, and eventually we reached the entrance to the Dodongo's Cavern which certainly brought back some interesting memories. " Since the entrance to their quarry remains open, we can throw out the idea of the Gorons starving to death again. Hmmmm....isn't there supposed to be a Goron standing outside the cavern entrance as a sort of greeter?"

" I remember you talking to him and he informed us that Goron City was the place to go for additional gossip. It feels weird that he isn't here now, and what's even more bizarre is that there are rocks all over the place and they really clutter up the path," replied Spike.

" What does that have to do with anything?" I asked.

" The Gorons make sure to keep the trail free of any rocks, boulders, and debris as they know that people from the village come up here from time to time in order to travel to Goron City to do their usual business. Even the old king would come up here on rare occasions in order to see Darunia, yet that was more of a political thing as the king had to ensure her that she was being given the proper respect otherwise the alliance between the Hylians and the Gorons wouldn't have lasted all that long.

Judging from how many rocks are lining the ground both in front of and behind us, I'd say that the Gorons have been very lax about it for several months at the least," replied Spike.

" Which is what we heard from Applebloon who heard it from the villagers," I said.

" So at least we now know that there is some sense of consistency here," said Spike before he cut himself off when he noticed that I was walking towards the Dodongo's Cavern which made him immediately fly past me in order to stop me from going inside. " What do you think you're doing Sunset Shimmer? Why do you feel the need to go back into a dungeon which we already cleared, and that was seven years ago mind you!"

" They could be inside you know," I suggested.

" Really? Well, I suppose that would be a good place for them to hide if Ganondorf's followers came up here, but wouldn't they have come back out by now given that the followers came here months ago?" asked Spike.

" You have a point, but then a part of me does want to go in there and just take a quick peek for old-times sake," I replied. Despite his best protests, I chose to ignore Spike and walked into the Dodongo's Cavern where it looked as though nothing had changed. Everything that I had accomplished remained the same, so it looked as though the Gorons didn't get around to mining for the rocks that they love.

I was thinking of calling out "hello" at the top of my voice, but I doubt anyone would be able to hear it, and it would make me look like some kind of weirdo, so I opted against it and instead go back outside where Spike was waiting for me. " They weren't there which you said was the case, but it did bring something else to my attention."

" What would that be?" asked Spike.

" The Gorons were never able to resume their digging in there as everything was still the same when we explored it. Either the cavern was still full of monsters thus preventing them from getting anything done, or they were just about to resume digging when they simply disappeared. I'm leaning towards the second option because look what I just found on the ground," I replied.

Right next to my foot was a pair of large gloves with huge claws on them which meant that they were Goron sized, and that whoever dropped them here had been in an awful hurry as I doubt that they would just be neglectful about it. " I think we should head towards either Goron City, or the top of Death Mountain where the Great Fairy is located in order to find them."

" While she does possess much power, I don't know if the Great Fairy is even aware of what's going on," said Spike.

" Does it have to do with the dark clouds?" I asked.

" Afraid so Sunset Shimmer. Those clouds are preventing good magic from coming through, and it clouds the visions of mystical beings such as the Great Fairy, so I don't think she will be able to help us. In fact, if she had been able to do something about it, she would have done so a long time ago," replied Spike. If someone as powerful as Adagio wasn't able to know of the location of the Gorons, then things must have been really bad.

Walking along towards where the path splits off with one heading to Goron City, and the other winding its way up the mountain, I decided to go to the city as heading up the mountain towards the peak would have been pointless....until I noticed something which caught my immediate attention, and it made my jaw drop upon seeing what was in front of me.

" Spike? Do you see what I see?" I asked.

" You mean a huge Goron sitting up there at the peak?" asked Spike.

" Good, so you can see it, and here I thought that I was losing my mind at such a prospect. Still, how in the wide world of Equestria can a Goron end up getting so huge in the first place? Also, why is he even up there to begin with? Finally, if the other Gorons have gone missing, how come this one is up there and not with the others? So many questions which all don't make much sense," I replied.

" Actually, I can answer the latter question for you although the first two are impossible," said Spike.

" Then by all means explain away," I said.

" I've only heard rumours with regards to this particular Goron, but I hear that he is the largest Goron on record coming in at a height that can be best described as being about half the size of a mountain. Since he's such a big Goron, I doubt Ganondorf's followers would have been able to do anything to him unless they were numbered in the millions instead of a small raiding party," said Spike.

" Still, he's so huge that I feel so small and insignificant," I said.

" Why do I feel that you know more about him than I do?" asked Spike.

" I don't know who is he in this world, but back in my world he is called Bulk Biceps who may look scary due to his muscular build, but he is as gentle as a butterfly once you get to know him. He doesn't say all that much aside from saying "YEAH" all the time in a way that makes it look like he's freaking out whenever he says it. I'm actually surprised to see him so huge in Hyrule, and I think it's for the best that we just avoid him for the time being until we are certain that he's as gentle here as he is there," I said.

That was when I started to head on over to the entrance to Goron City hoping that Bulk Biceps wouldn't see me, but it turns out luck wasn't on my side right now for his sharp gaze ended up catching me on the corner of his eyes. As soon as he saw me, he turned around which felt like a small earthquake due to how big he was, and slightly looked down so as to keep a close eye on me.

" YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!" said Bulk Biceps.

" His voice sounds like a sonic boom," said Spike.

" If he ends up going even higher in the decibels then it will be a whole lot worse than that," I said.

" EXCUSE ME! I KNOW THAT YOU CAN HEAR MY VOICE FROM ALL THE WAY OVER THERE, BUT COULD YOU PLEASE GIVE ME AN INDICATOR THAT YOU ARE ACKNOWLEDGING THE FACT THAT YOU ARE LISTENING TO ME?" asked Bulk Biceps. That was actually pretty subtle of him and straight to the point, so I lifted up my right arm and waved to him to let him know that I was paying attention to what he had to say.

" THANK YOU! I SUSPECT THAT YOU ARE WONDERING WHAT BECAME OF MY FELLOW GORONS DON'T YOU?" I waved my arm again to acknowledge that I was indeed curious about them. " A STRANGE GROUP CAME HERE SOME MONTHS AGO TO VISIT GORON CITY, BUT THEY NEVER CAME BACK OUT ALONG WITH MY PEOPLE."

" How does that work?" I asked.

" Your guess is as good as mine," replied Spike.

" I FEEL AS THOUGH MY FELLOW GORONS ARE MISSING, BUT I DON'T KNOW FOR CERTAIN AS I AM ALL THE WAY UP HERE, AND I HAVEN'T RECEIVED A VISIT FROM THE OTHERS FOR SOME TIME NOW. THE GROUP THAT CAME HERE WERE WEARING BLACK ROBES AND WERE WIELDING WHAT APPEARED TO BE SHACKLES WHICH HAS ME WONDERING WHAT HAPPENED.

YOU, YOUNG WOMAN! CAN YOU PLEASE FIND OUT WHAT'S GOING ON IN GORON CITY? I BELIEVE MY PEOPLE ARE IN DANGER, AND THEY COULD USE SOMEONE TO HELP THEM," said Bulk Biceps.

" Black robes and shackles huh? That does sound like the work of Ganondorf," I said.

" It sounds like the Gorons were kidnapped although why would he do something like that? He couldn't be holding them for ransom as Darunia doesn't have anything that Ganondorf would want, but then again it could be an entirely different meaning," said Spike.

" Have you figured it out?" I asked.

" Maybe, but I do need a second opinion, so I hope that one of the Gorons managed to elude being kidnapped as we could use some insight," replied Spike. I then waved my arm to Bulk Biceps again in order to let him know that I agreed to go to Goron City in order to find out what happened, and just as I was about to head off towards the city, he just so happened to shift slightly back towards the mountain peak as that was what he had been looking at before.

" THANK YOU FOR WANTING TO FIND OUT ON MY BEHALF. I AM HOPING THAT THEY ARE ALL RIGHT, AND THAT BIG BROTHER DARUNIA IS OKAY AS SHE HASN'T BEEN SEEN AROUND HERE FOR THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME. BY THE WAY, I DO HAVE SOMETHING ELSE TO TELL YOU ABOUT. MY BROTHER JUST OPENED A NEW STORE IN GORON CITY, AND HE CALLS IT MEDIGORON'S BLADE STORE. HE HAS SPENT THE LAST SEVERAL YEARS FORGING A BLADE WHICH HE PLANS ON SELLING IN ORDER TO FOLLOW IN MY FOOTSTEPS.

WHILE I DO COMMEND HIM FOR WANTING TO FORGE A WEAPON OF GREAT POWER, I AM MUCH BETTER WHEN IT COMES TO THE CRAFT. HYLIAN CARPENTERS PRAISE ME FOR MY SKILLS EVEN THOUGH MY WORK ISN'T VERY CONSISTENT. PERHAPS YOU CAN COME AND VISIT ME UP HERE ONE DAY, AND I CAN MAKE YOU A FINE WEAPON USING MY FORGING SKILLS," said Bulk Biceps. I waved one last time to thank him for the information, and as soon as I was out of his sight, I dropped to the ground and clutched my ears as they were writhing in agony over the fact that his loud voice almost caused me to lose my hearing permanently.

Still, I did appreciate what he had to say despite being so loud, and Ganondorf did have something to do with the disappearance of the Gorons. As I walked towards Goron City, I noticed the small passageway which lead to the location of the one Bomb Flower that was situated outside of Dodongo's Cavern. I remember that someone was there protecting it from harm, but that Goron was no longer there which made me feel pretty sad knowing that even she was missing. Entering Goron City, I found myself surrounded by nothing but silence which felt weird as the city was usually more lively.

" The entire tribe is missing," I said.

" With the exception of that big one outside," said Spike.

" If I didn't think this situation couldn't get any worse, this just took the cake if you know what I mean," I said.

" So where should we search first?" asked Spike.

" I think we ought to check out Darunia's room first as that is the most important room in the entire city," I replied. No sooner had I taken a few steps forward, I felt something sticking into my back which felt like the sharp tip of a pretty large spear. Then I noticed a shadowy presence on the nearby wall that was behind my shadow, and that only meant that someone was about to strike me down from behind....

To Be Continued.

PreviousChapters Next