• Published 9th Nov 2014
  • 8,915 Views, 307 Comments

The Legend of Sunset Shimmer: Ocarina of Time - Ganondorf8



Sunset Shimmer was simply enjoying a night indoors with her friends, but the magical energies of the human world which clashed in Rainbow Rocks has caused something unexpected to happen.

  • ...
28
 307
 8,915

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 14: Death of a King

Author's Note:

Disclaimer: I do not own anything regarding the Legend of Zelda, the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and My Little Pony: Equestria Girls Rainbow Rocks. These are the properties of Nintendo and Hasbro respectively.

The actual game never said what actually happened, but that won't stop the story from continuing on. Also, Sunset Shimmer gets to know what it's like to be a doctor.

Cast appearing in this chapter.

Sunset Shimmer - Link
Spike - Navi the Fairy
Twilight Sparkle - Princess Zelda
Tirek - Ganondorf
Applejack - Impa
Rarity - Princess Ruto
Adagio Dazzle - Great Fairy

The Legend of Sunset Shimmer: Ocarina of Time.
By Ganondorf8
December 5, 2014
Chapter 14: Death of a King.

I had to act fast if I was going to save Rarity from being devoured by this over-sized squid, so thinking quickly, I flung a ball of magical fire in the hopes that it would work, but nothing happened. My regular magic wasn't cutting it, so I decided to try that Din's Fire spell. Holding the prism in my hands, I concentrated, and a massive burst of flame shot out from my body and expanded out like some kind of explosion.

Since it was magic provided by the Great Fairy, it would cause no harm to Rarity, but some discomfort towards the squid. My plan worked as the squid flung Rarity onto the platform knocking her unconscious, but at least she was safe while I was forced to deal with our unexpected attacker.

" What do you have to say about this one?" I asked.

" That's a Big Octo, a larger cousin of the Octorok, but it doesn't spit out rocks, and prefers to move about in an attempt to run into you before turning around and heading back the other way. To defeat it, you need to expose its weak point which is on its backside, and I think your boomerang is going to make it a breeze. Aside from that, just wail on this thing until you've beaten it," replied Spike.

" Whoa! What's gotten into you all of a sudden?" I asked.

" This thing just attempted to eat Princess Ruto, and now she has been knocked unconscious due to it slamming her down onto that platform. Kick this Big Octo in the flank, or whatever it has which constitutes for its rear end! No one does that to the princess and gets away with it," replied Spike. Hearing him say that definitely sounded like how Spike is infatuated with Rarity back in Equestria and the human world, and it actually scares me knowing that he can snap just like that.

The Big Octo then decided to turn and run around the room with the spikes on the platform proving themselves to be a bit of a hassle. I took off after it and managed to keep up with it which wasn't saying all that much. With one throw of the boomerang, it knocked it forward slightly, and its weak point was exposed which was this large green bump. I really didn't want to see that, so I struck it with my regular magic which turned out to be all I needed as the squid spun around a few times before fading away.

" That was it?" I asked.

" You showed it Sunset Shimmer," replied Spike.

" Well, yeah of course I did, but that felt really underwhelming not that I'm complaining mind you. Still, that was what I'd call anti-climatic as the only thing it did that was even remotely threatening was an attempt to eat Princess Ruto. Speaking of which, we should check up on her to see if she is okay," I said. The platform had since lowered down placing the spikes underneath the floor, and I walked over to where Rarity landed.

She had started to come to, and I was relieved to know that she was okay. " You had us worried there for a moment when that thing slammed you onto this platform, but it looks like you'll be okay princess. It quickly fell to a combination of my boomerang and magic, so it looks like we're in the clear until the next monster comes."

" That creature has already fallen?" asked Rarity.

" It only took me about 20 seconds or so to get the job done, but essentially yes, I've already defeated it," I replied.

" Wow! You are cool! Cooler than I ever imagined you being! This kingdom is most fortunate to have someone like you around to save it Sunset Shimmer, and I believe in my heart that we're in good hands," said Rarity.

" Even though you know about my troubled past?" I asked.

" Darling, you can't allow these past experiences to weigh you down otherwise they could overwhelm you. While you have committed a number of....boo-boos over the course of your life, you have taken strides to redeem yourself in the eyes of others by doing good deeds, and wanting to show them that you can become a much better person for it. Not everyone is going to accept you for what you have done, and I say too bad for them as they are allowing their negative feelings of you blind them from the truth.

So buck up Sunset Shimmer, and let us use this platform to get up to that room above," replied Rarity. She then got up onto her feet, and pulled me towards the center of the platform which caused it to rise up to the ceiling, and into another room where the platform became the floor. Rarity then began to look around quickly, and soon discovered what she was looking for. " Ah! Here is the spiritual stone! That monster must have ignored it when I didn't come up into this room as part of the trap."

" Since you have acquired your stone, that means you can leave this place and seek safety while I continue on and find that parasite," I said.

" I have no intention of running away darling as I'm going to stick with you until the very end. Do not treat me as someone who has to be kept safe from harm as I find that to be an insult to my character. Besides, you need me to guide you to where the heart is even though you do have that map. Just know that I am coming with you and that is the end of the discussion....well, I still have a question to ask you," said Rarity.

" What's that?" I asked.

" Why do you need the spiritual stone? All I remember my mother telling me when she passed it onto me was that I had to protect it until the one destined to collect it would come. That person was to become my husband as the stone is often viewed as a marriage proposal, but since you are a girl, that is null and void which suits me as I never liked the idea of having to use such a subtle means of finding a mate. Anyway, what possible use could you have for it? None I would wager," replied Rarity.

" You would be completely wrong about that. That spiritual stone is one of three stones which according to Princess Zelda, serve as keys which are needed to open something called the Door of Time located within the Temple of Time. Behind this door is the location of the Triforce which has been sought by many. The reason behind the true purpose of the stones was probably never disclosed so as to remove any notion of temptation in the eyes of those chosen to protect them," I said.

" So you possess two of the stones and need the one I hold?" asked Rarity.

" That's what I'm getting out of it. There is also another key which is needed that she keeps on her person at all times, and it was some kind of special ocarina. I can't quite recall what she actually called it, but it was needed in conjunction with the stones to open the door. I wouldn't be surprised if there was even a fifth key involved just to complicate things even further," I replied.

" We Zoras are aware of the Triforce legend as are the other tribes for all of our ancestors once sought it for themselves, so the power was sealed away to prevent any further misuse. Our ancestors felt that the Hylians wanted the Triforce for themselves seeing as it was their sages who sealed it to begin with, but they quickly realized that the Hylians felt that no one should wield the near-limitless power of the goddesses. Of course this is all just a legend mind you which has been passed down throughout the ages as mere fairy tales," said Rarity.

" It has to be real if Ganondorf desires it," I said.

" Then maybe he believes the fairy tales and wants to make his fondest wishes come true. Oh Sunset Shimmer! I never knew that you had such a delightful sense of humour despite your outlook on life. You are trying to be funny about all of this aren't you?" asked Rarity. Shaking my head back and forth was my way of telling her that everything regarding the Triforce was in fact true, and that Ganondorf was on the verge of becoming a deity.

" Oooooh....that does sound rather unpleasant, and if he were to get his hands on such power....well, the entire kingdom would go up in smoke. Now I understand why you are under so much pressure about not having much time, so I'll just stop talking about this, so that we can proceed to the heart."

" Couldn't have said that last bit better myself," I said. The next room featured what looked to be two large pink blocks which reminded me of a type of candy that I once had courtesy of Pinkie Pie. There was something strange about these blocks, and my hunch was proven correct when the closest one started to wriggle about. " Whoa! What kind of block goes about wriggling in an agitated manner? That freaked me out immensely, but I notice that you're completely calm about it. Would you mind filling me in on what I appear to be missing out on?"

" Those aren't blocks as you call them, but rather a form of nerve endings," replied Rarity.

" Come again?" I asked.

" Lord Jabu-Jabu's interior is filled with some....unusual components. Those are nervous points which react to anything that tries to come near them by lashing out in a sort of frenzy. Not many of these exist in here, but whenever I have seen them during his feeding time, I can't help but wonder if they are but another form of his suffering from the parasite that plagues him so.

If you make contact with them, you will receive a nasty bit of shock darling, so maybe you can use that boomerang of yours to stun them, and cross over to the other side before they regain their composure," suggested Rarity. Now why didn't I think about doing that sooner instead of just allowing myself to freak out? Once again I breathed a heavy sigh, and threw the boomerang at the giant nerve causing it to be stunned.

I repeated the process with the other one, and we quickly crossed over them both and into the next room before they could recover. This room looked slightly familiar, but then again they all looked that way due to the walls and ceiling being nothing but pulsating muscles. " And there is the missing walkway we have been searching for over there!"

" It doesn't make sense that it would be located all the way up here," I said.

" And I agree with you Sunset Shimmer as it feels like someone wanted to make sure that no one could reach the heart. Well, in any case, once we get onto that walkway, I am sure that it will drop down into its proper location below giving us access to where we need to go," said Rarity.

" You know, I actually thought that this was going to be a difficult experience. I assumed that you were going to be somewhat of a snob what with being of royal blood, and many people of the nobility often appear as thinking they are better than everyone else, and look down on others as being beneath their train of thought.

That's why before I came in here, I was afraid that I was going to be ridiculed and insulted by you for not being the kind of rescuer that you were expecting. Now that I see that despite being tomboyish in nature, you're really sweet and generous to a fault, and not afraid to share your feelings," I said.

" I would feel insulted if not for the fact that you were being honest with me," said Rarity.

" Most of the people I've encountered during my time in Hyrule look like those I know from my world, yet their personalities are so different from what I've come to expect from them although there are a couple of similarities. It feels like I keep making mistakes such as calling them by the names of my world instead of the names they use here, and assuming that they would have certain quirks," I said.

" Perhaps you will learn from this and become a better person?" asked Rarity.

" One can only hope that I do," I replied in a sarcastic tone which she didn't seem to take notice of. For some reason, there was starting to be a lack of monsters getting in our way which made me uneasy as maybe they were preparing some kind of final assault in a bid to prevent us from reaching the heart. I could be overthinking this, but I didn't want to take any chances that I could be wrong.

By jumping onto the platform, it slid itself down and connected with the rest of the walkway below making the ledge accessible, but the problem that now came up was how to go about opening the door. I knew that Rarity would not want to be told to stay behind like before, so that option was out, but maybe there was something else nearby which could be used as a weight of some kind.

That's when I noticed two small boxes nearby which looked completely out of place, but were just what we needed to activate the switch. As I made my way over to where the boxes were located, I began to think about Twilight again, and hoped that she was okay.

" I must wholeheartedly apologize to you Impa for having seen me react that way."

" You need not apologize for your actions your highness as you were merely expressing your opinion of Ganondorf. Had I been in your shoes, I would have said the exact same thing, and most likely punished for speaking out against the king. Granted, you did really touch a nerve when it comes to your father's patience. He will overcome his anger towards you princess, so know that his current state-of-mind will not last long," said Applejack.

" My words may have been harsh yes and perhaps insensitive to my father's ideals, but someone had to tell him the truth about Ganondorf. Why is it my father just cannot see the evil in that man's heart? Does he not realize that Ganondorf is here solely to conquer our world using the power of the Triforce?

Many times have I tried to convince my father through gentle means, but he rejects my visions as nothing more than fairy tales most likely caused by my restless nights. When he insisted that I show-off the Ocarina of Time to Ganondorf, that was when my heart could no longer take his lack of action, and so I had no other choice but to react. Of course, my incident may have jeopardized our plan of stopping Ganondorf," said Twilight.

" Whatever do you mean?" asked Applejack.

" The fact that I was so adamant when it came to keeping the Ocarina of Time safe from him has probably alluded to him our plan. Thus, he is most likely now aware of our intentions which gives us even more restrictions. Whether he knows about Sunset Shimmer or not remains to be seen, but now we need her to return here to the castle as soon as possible.

My father, despite his insistence on forming this alliance, might be able to stall Ganondorf for a little while longer, but if Sunset does not return by then, we will have no choice but to resort to drastic measures," replied Twilight.

" Your chosen champion is strong your highness as she has experienced things that we cannot even begin to imagine....both here and where she is from," said Applejack.

" Yes, the other world that she says she is from....the one that you wanted me to describe for you. The images of this other world have been growing stronger as of late, yet there is still much about them that confuse me, and mostly likely to you as well my faithful attendant.

I do not doubt that Sunset Shimmer is from a different world despite how unbelievable it all sounds, but why is it that I cannot seem to accept her story? All of these images of this human world and Equestria all seem real, and yet my mind wants me to refuse their existence, and my heart wants me to continue believing in the hope that we all might be able to go there," said Twilight.

" Maybe one day, you might be able to visit these two worlds in another form of existence. I must admit that deep down I would like to be able to visit this other world as well. Your explanation combined with the reasoning of Sunset Shimmer has certainly piqued my interest, but aside from that, I know that my place is here by your side as your ever faithful servant, and you are the princess of the kingdom who will one day become the queen and govern us accordingly. Your father may be upset with you, but deep down I know that he believes that you will make for a fantastic ruler when the time comes," said Applejack.

" Is it just me or have you become more emotional," said Twilight.

" Emotional your highness? Surely you jest at such a notion. We Shiekah abhor emotions for they cloud our judgment when it comes to protecting the royal family. Our minds must always be focused on keeping you and your father safe, and anything else would be seen as a distraction," said Applejack.

" Oh I'm aware of that," smiled Twilight.

" Then why did you bring it up?" asked Applejack.

" Whether you choose to admit it or not, Sunset Shimmer's words have reached your heart in a way that must feel foreign to you. The kind of emotion that you have been exerting lately is one of being stubborn when it comes to accepting ideas that are different from your own. This is not a bad thing Impa not by any means, but it feels like you are trying to hold back this emotion as you fear that it may interfere with your duty.

You need not allow it to bog you down, nor should you allow it to truly define the kind of person that I know you to be. No, you should use this stubbornness in a way that can help you become a much better person for it. It might sound like a terrible thing to say, but you can accomplish such a task Impa," replied Twilight.

" So you view me as being stubborn?" asked Applejack.

" I do as a means of encouragement because I was acting in the same manner when I confronted my father about Ganondorf," replied Twilight.

" And you handled yourself magnificently your highness despite the outcome not being in your favour. Perhaps your father may yet decide that an alliance with the King of the Gerudo may not be in the best interest of Hyrule. While he feels that the Hylians desire peace with the Gerudo, the Gorons and the Zoras have not been as pleasant with the thought of being a part of the same kingdom as a band of thieves.

As for the Kokiri, they shelter themselves off from the rest of the world, and for that they have refused to get involved with the politics of the land. Darunia, the Goron Chieftain, and King Zora, have both expressed disdain towards the Gerudo because of issues of trust, and I believe that they may consider breaking the alliances they have with the king if the Gerudo form their alliance," said Applejack.

" These politics look as though they could tear our kingdom apart," sighed Twilight.

" Such is the way when you have various tribes each with their own ideals that they want to see addressed. That is why your father wanted to unite all of the tribes under one banner so as to remove the strife that afflicted everyone during the war. The strife still exists for the transition to a united country has not been the most fluent, but given time it should become something everyone will....gasp!" said Applejack.

" What's wrong?" asked Twilight.

" Your highness....I ask that you remain here in your room until I return. I can't explain it to you right now, but I am sensing something is going to happen. I shall go and investigate this matter on my own, so please stay here until I have returned. If this feeling is what I think it is, then my contingency plan will need to be put into effect to ensure the future of the royal family," replied Applejack.

" Earlier, I said to myself that I was surprised at the lack of monsters that have been getting in our way as of late, and I joked that they were probably gathering together in one place as a means of preparing a final assault. Now I wish that I hadn't thought like that because of what we're seeing in this room," I said. There was a huge number of Biri floating about in the room, and their sounds were giving me a headache as it was echoing all over the room.

For some reason, this room had a different kind of texture compared to the other chambers inside Lord Jabu-Jabu. Was it a cosmetic decision, or was there something I just wasn't looking at. Speaking of looking at the surroundings, there was a wall sticking out of the wall of muscle which had vines going up it, and this lead to what looked like another switch, but I couldn't tell as some kind of glass was blocking it. " I think you know the drill by now princess in that you need to wait here and I'll go in and take care of the monsters."

" By all means be my guest darling," said Rarity.

" No complaints this time?" I asked.

" This massive amount of monsters is something you adventurer types enjoy dealing with on a regular basis, so who am I to deny you the satisfaction of showing off your heroic nature," replied Rarity.

" Ummmm....are you seriously referring to me when you said that? I'm not your typical heroine in case you haven't noticed by now, but I suppose I do have to take care of this as it is my job so to speak," I sighed as I started to throw the boomerang and picking off the Biri one by one. The way Rarity spoke of me being a heroine still didn't make me feel good as I kept on reminding everyone in Hyrule that I was just not the heroic type that they think I am.

Maybe I just need to have a bit more self-confidence in myself, and also have a bit more aim as some of my throws were way off target. As I continued to destroy more Biri, more of them started to show up which made me think about where they were coming from, or perhaps it was some kind of colony. Rarity encouraged me to keep on going which sounded more like backseat driving more than anything, but after a lot of trial and error, the Biri finally stopped and that gave me a moment to breathe.

" I can tell you two one thing, and that is I need to get better at using this boomerang as a lot of my throws were just terrible despite the fact that I got rid of them all. Princess Ruto, if that door over there leads into Lord Jabu-Jabu's heart, and I suspect that behind it is the parasite causing all of this, it would be best for you to remain here while Spike and I go in and see what's going on.

Normally, you would either argue with me on the subject, or give me the pleasure of fulfilling a heroic deed, but this time the decision is completely out of your hands. You are to stay here and enter the room only when things have calmed down. I'm here to save you as well as the Zora deity, and losing either one of you is not an option."

" Now that's a bold statement if I ever heard one," said Rarity.

" So you'll do as I ask?" I asked.

" You have my word that I shall stay in this room and wait, but if I feel that you could do with my help, I shall come in and do what I must to protect both you and Lord Jabu-Jabu in the name of the Zora tribe. Oh, and you might want to hit that switch way up there on the ceiling if you even want to get inside the next room," replied Rarity. Did she just give me the same smug treatment that Spike usually does? I just can't win in those situations can I?

Sighing once again, I climbed up the wall using the vines until I reached the top, and the glass turned out to be some kind of clear plastic which prevents Deku Seeds from striking the switch, but not the boomerang which I threw at the switch activating it and opening up the door to the heart. While I could jump down and cut out some time, I preferred to climb down slowly in order to be safe. Rarity wished me good luck as I entered the next room which was completely dark.

" Everything is so pitch-black in here that I can't see in front of my face, and where is the heart of this fish anyway? The only thing in this room is just an empty void of nothing aside from us," I said.

" When Princess Ruto said that this room lead to the heart, I don't think she meant that literally otherwise the beating heart of a giant fish would do more than destroy your eardrums if you know what I mean. The actual heart is probably behind one of these walls, so at best we're as close to it as we can get. As for why this room is so dark, your guess is as good as mine, but why do I have this feeling that we're not the only ones in here," said Spike. At that precise moment, a electrical sound suddenly began, and it was coming from the ceiling. " What's that noise?"

" It sounds like either a Biri or Bari as they're the only things that make that noise," I replied.

" Then maybe you ought to tell him that," said Spike as he floated out in front to alert me to what was happening on the ceiling. Once again my face turned white as what we were seeing was a jellyfish covered in an electrical current, and this was followed by several more jellyfish which began to float about and giving off electricity.

As Spike and I stared at the numerous jellyfish floating in front of us, a different current latched out to all of them, and they began to attach themselves to some kind of giant sphere-like object which was pulsating in quite a sickening fashion. The sphere had three veins which were connected to the ceiling, and it had two antennae which moved about as though they were scanning for something.

" Spike, I think we've just found the parasite plaguing Lord Jabu-Jabu," I said.

" I'll say we have. This creature is called Barinade, and it has been infecting him from the inside through those veins attached to the ceiling. Be careful Sunset Shimmer as this monster is a lot stronger than the previous ones we've seen. While its electrical attacks won't inflict that much damage to you, it will attack repeatedly without rest, and those attacks can slow your momentum down when they hit you.

Those jellyfish on its body seem to be acting like a shield which will make things tough. The boomerang is sure to be useful here as you will need to throw it at Barinade in order to remove its defences. Just watch those two antennae like tentacles closely as those are its means of attacking," said Spike.

" The first thing we need to do is to cut those veins and sever this thing from Lord Jabu-Jabu's innards. I'm sure that it won't like me doing that, but right now I don't care what it thinks because what it has done to this deity is just unforgivable. Just like you Spike, I've pretty much snapped and am ready to show this parasite a thing or two, but I'm not blinded by rage to just attack blindly without thinking as those electrical attacks are sure to build up if I allow myself to get struck repeatedly by them," I said.

Taking out the boomerang from my belt, I aimed at each of the three veins and tossed it at them severing each one. The result did cause Barinade to start bleeding green liquid as an indication that it was hurt, but that's when it forced the jellyfish to start rotating around it with the electrical current keeping them in place. One of the jellyfish collided with me, and I went flying back and smacked into the wall before dropping to the ground.

" Are you alright?" asked Spike.

" Those jellyfish spinning around that parasite caught me off guard which is why that one hit me pretty good," I replied.

" It looks like it can't maintain that electrical connection for very long, so when it wears off, that will be your cue to destroy those jellyfish. You can also use the boomerang to stun the parasite and removing the currents that way if you want to keep at a safe distance. As for the jellyfish themselves, they can't give off any electricity after it's been stunned, and are vulnerable to pretty much anything," said Spike.

I decided to go with the distance approach, and struck the parasite with the boomerang causing it to be stunned, and the jellyfish to simply float in place. With this brief moment of reprieve, I went ahead and destroyed all of the jellyfish using my magic, and that was when the parasite started to move around with a second set of jellyfish that spun around even closer to the body. I was completely unprepared for this wave, and once again a jellyfish struck me and I smacked into the wall, but before I could recover this time, I was attacked again and thrown in a different direction before crashing into the ground.

" Any ideas?" I asked.

" Throwing the boomerang in-between those jellyfish may take a few attempts, but it can be done as long as you are patient. Oh, and watch out for those antennae like I told you before," replied Spike. It was too late for me to react to his warning as my body got electrocuted several times in a row by the antennae, and my only response was to cry out in pain as it felt that my body was being burned from the inside out.

As soon as Barinade paused for a brief moment before attacking again, I shook myself to focus on what was happening, and I jumped to the side avoiding the electricity before throwing the boomerang. I was lucky that I managed to connect as it became stunned again which allowed me to attack the jellyfish which had scattered slightly. It proved to be difficult to destroy them this time as I found myself being struck with lightning from the antennae, but I had to keep going and see this through, and when the last jellyfish was gone, it began to move about in an erratic pattern shooting electricity all over the place.

" How many more phases are left?" I asked.

" This seems to be the last one as it has no more jellyfish to use as a shield which means it's practically vulnerable no matter what it tries to do. However, the lack of needing to use its electricity to defend means that it will use it to attack whenever it can, so be careful and keep on attacking it with your magic once you've stunned it until it can take no more punishment," replied Spike. Well that sure sounded easy enough, but since when was anything ever easy in this world?

Throwing my boomerang and stunning it was easy as it had no defence, and once that was done I attacked with my magic which proved to be effective. However, I got a little too close, and got struck by lightning yet again which was really starting to get annoying. That was when Barinade began to move toward me, so I did the best strategy I could think of....run away and get some distance.

" Why is this starting to become a thing?" I shouted as I ran with lightning striking all around me.

" Are you running away again?" asked Spike.

" Only until I get enough of a distance," I replied. Once I felt that I had gotten far enough away from it, I threw the boomerang and stunned Barinade again, and attacked with my magic, but I made sure to use a small amount as I didn't want to exhaust myself like I had done with the Lizalfos in Dodongo's Cavern.

After this attack, the parasite went into the ground to protect itself and shot some electricity my way which I avoided, then it resumed its usual pattern which I retaliated with another boomerang throw, but instead of using my magic, I went with Din's Fire because I wanted to go out with an explosive fiery bang!

This hit must have really done the trick, for the parasite suddenly started to get a lot of bumps all over it as though it were sick, and then the veins on top exploded alongside the antennae. " Ummmm....what is it trying to do here other than make a lousy attempt at impersonating a balloon?"

" You should run right now," began Spike.

" And why should I do that?" I asked.

" Because it's about to blow up," replied Spike.

" Oh....OH! YIKES!" I yelled as I scrambled to get out of the way before Barinade exploded with its innards splattering all over the place leaving behind nothing more than gobbets of its body with green blood everywhere. It was really disgusting to look at, and reminded me of what happened to that King Dodongo, but I wasn't feeling as guilty because this thing was a parasite, and the Dodongo was a living creature.

In the midst of the mess was another Heart Container which I picked up, and once again I felt that warm feeling which caused the wounds I sustained during the fight to be completely healed. At that moment, the door opened and Rarity ran into the room to meet up with me.

" Are you okay darling?"

" That took a lot longer than I thought it would," I replied.

" The noises I heard coming from in here made me want to come a lot sooner and help you out, but then a part of me wanted to wait like you said. I must say that you certainly took care of it seeing as that mess on the floor is all that remains. I cannot even begin to imagine the trauma that might have been inflicted upon you, but I know that you desire a reward for saving me and Lord Jabu-Jabu. I shall grant you that which you have come here for," said Rarity.

" At last, the third spiritual stone," I said happily.

" Let me give it to you outside as this room is really becoming unpleasant what with that mess behind you," said Rarity. That was fair enough as I was about to lose the last shred of my sanity if I were to remain in here any longer. By stepping onto the blue glowing space like the previous two times, Rarity and I returned to the outside where we both ended up on top of the remnants of an old tree, and seeing her face so close to mine caused me to fall down and splashing into the water below.

When I came back to the surface a few seconds later, my expression was that of being unhappy as that was just humiliating, but Rarity saw it as hilarious as she wouldn't stop laughing even as she dove into the water, and swam about a little before coming over to me. " That was probably one of the most humourous things I have seen in all my life, but I don't mean to laugh as an insult, but instead to show that you have proven yourself to me as not only being a heroine, but also being humble.

You truly have done a great deed this day for the Zora tribe, and here is the Spiritual Stone of Water, known also as the Zora's Sapphire. With this in your possession, you now have all three to use as you must to save this world."

" Won't your father be upset that the stone is being given to a non-Zora?" I asked.

" It was never his decision to determine who would receive it as that's something that only the Zora Queens ever got to do. Please take good care of that stone as it is the most precious thing I've ever had in this world, but I know that it was meant to be with you. So, I guess this means that you'll be making your way back to Hyrule Castle then? If so, give my regards to Princess Zelda," replied Rarity.

" Actually, there is something I need to do first before going back," I said.

" What is it?" asked Rarity.

" Your father mentioned that there was a Great Fairy somewhere in Zora's Fountain, and I figure that I could do with some more help," I replied.

" Say no more Sunset Shimmer as I understand your reasoning. There is indeed such a fountain where a Great Fairy resides although you would think that she would be more open to visitors instead of choosing to keep herself hidden. I have some spare time before I am to return to my father, so why don't I take you over to the fountain and we can speak to the Great Fairy together," said Rarity. She then handed over the spiritual stone to me, and began to swim off towards the south-east corner of Zora's Fountain like a rocket which left me feeling a little inadequate.

I guess I should have realized that the Zoras were at home in the water, so swimming to them is second-nature. I followed along as best as I could which consisted of really poor swimming, and by the time I reached the south-east corner, Rarity looked a little disappointed in me. " You really need to work on your swimming skills darling as that was rather....how would I say it? Awkward to watch?"

" I'm not used to swimming across an entire lake-sized body of water as the most I've ever had to swim was about the length of a pool. Anyway, I made it over here which is all that matters! So, this is the location of the Great Fairy's Fountain? It looks like an ordinary wall with a mere boulder just resting a few feet away from it. Then again, only you and your father come into this area, so it's not like she gets any visitors come this way.

Ugh! The Great Fairy really needs to get her priorities straight, and if she is who I think she's going to be this time around, I hope that she takes it to heart," I replied. It was obvious to figure out that a bomb was needed to destroy this wall, so I placed one down in front of it, and the wall shattered to pieces revealing a very large cave entrance. Inside was the fountain where the usual symbol was, so I played Twilight's Lullaby with Rarity watching, and soon the Great Fairy appeared....who was Adagio Dazzle yet again. Yeah, this was starting to become a trend.

" Welcome Sunset Shimmer to my fountain, and to you as well Princess Ruto of the Zoras," said Adagio.

" Are you the same Great Fairy I've encountered at a fountain the last two times, or are you a completely different one who just so happens to share the same appearance as the previous two?" I asked.

" I suppose that we are the same Great Fairy if our appearances are alike, but then our personalities could be different making us separate entities with the same functions. I am the Great Fairy of Magic, and yes I know that you were just about to say that I am the second one to use that title. Three of us use the title of magic when we introduce ourselves, and I happen to be the second of three.

I'm not sure if I'm older or younger than the other two since we all look the same, but that's not important right now. You have overcome much hardship in saving the patron deity of the Zoras, and for that you have earned their respect," replied Adagio.

" You know what I did?" I asked.

" I am the Great Fairy after all dear child, and I can see everything that goes on in Hyrule for the most part. I knew that you successfully defeated the parasite that had plagued the Zora deity, and that you would come here to seek my guidance. I also know that you are concerned about the well-being of those in Hyrule Castle because of the one who seeks to claim the golden power of the Great Goddesses," replied Adagio.

" Do you know what is going on there?" I asked.

" First, allow me to give you the gift that I am to bestow upon you, and then I will answer your concerns for yes, I am aware of what is taking place at the castle. I shall now grant to you another magical spell although this one works differently from the previous one in addition to your own magic. This is Farore's Wind, a spell that does not attack nor defend, but rather allows you to go from one place to another.

To put it in more simpler terms, it is powerful warp magic which you can use to get out of some tough situations. When you first cast the spell, it will create a warp point which will remain until you use it or choose to dispell it in order to create another point. If you cast it again after creating the warp point, you can warp to the location of the point in order to escape from danger, or perhaps reach a location quicker.

There are two catches you must know regarding Farore's Wind. It can only be used in dungeons that have maps located inside of them. Any other location be it inside or outside will not work. Also, the spell cannot be used in a dungeon room that houses the master of the place if you know what I mean," replied Adagio.

" The way you say all of that makes it sound like this spell is rather limited," I said.

" Perhaps it does seem to be that way, but I believe that Farore's Wind is going to be essential to you because of your heroic experience, or lack thereof according to your own words you have spoken out to others. It costs the same amount of magic as it does to use Din's Fire, so be sure to keep that in mind. Now, to tell you of what is going on at the
castle as your curious mind wishes to know.

The one who seeks the golden power has already arrived, and his intentions are unknown to all aside from several people who struggle knowing that there is not much they can do. He is protected by the crown who in his own folly is blind to the truth, but things are about to happen which will change the lives of so many souls.

When this will occur remains to be seen for a dark power is blocking my vision, but it will come to pass despite your best efforts Sunset Shimmer. My advice to you would be to travel not to the castle, but to the desert which lies to the west of the kingdom," said Adagio.

" Why would I want to go there?" I asked.

" Someone is waiting for you in the desert, and wishes to fulfill a final request," replied Adagio.

" That doesn't make any sense," I said.

" This individual shall find you when you travel by the road which splits off towards the desert, and you will soon learn much about the world which has thus far eluded your perception. I am afraid that there is nothing more for me to say to you, so this is where you must go forth and figure out the rest on your own. When battle has made you weary, please come back to see me," said Adagio. As she disappeared just like before, she had left me with many questions that lacked answers.

Ganondorf was at the castle which I figured was going to happen, but did she mean to say that the King of Hyrule is protecting him because of his status? The rest of what Adagio had to say felt really cryptic, and even Rarity wasn't sure of what to say. If only I had been given some kind of means of being able to see either into the future, or at least see what was happening in the castle at that exact moment. Something was indeed going to happen which was about to change everything.

" So the Ocarina of Time serves as the main key which is used to open this mysterious Door of Time? I find that to be rather fascinating your majesty although I cannot believe that a mere instrument has such power. Perhaps you might be deceiving me, and wanting to have a little bit of fun at my expense rather than giving me an honest answer?"

" What I speak of is true Ganondorf as the Ocarina of Time was a gift given unto the royal family by the ancient sages when they constructed the Temple of Time. They created the temple as a means of protecting the entrance to the Sacred Realm from any who was tempted to claim the Triforce for their own. The Door of Time cannot be opened by any means without the ocarina as well as three additional keys which were created to serve as an additional protective measure," replied the King.

" Three more keys? What kind of keys would those be?" asked Tirek.

" The ancient sages crafted three beautiful gems of emerald, ruby, and sapphire which they dubbed as spiritual stones which contained a powerful magic which coincided with the power contained in the Ocarina of Time. These stones act as the main keys and need to be placed on the Pedestal of Time inside of the temple, but the ancients feared that someone could easily acquire them if they were all together in one place.

Thus they scattered the stones by handing them over to the other tribes, and instructed them to guard them until the time had come when they were needed again. No one outside of the royal family is aware of what the spiritual stones do, so the tribes believe the stones to be artefacts of great value and nothing more," replied the King.

" It sounds to me that once these stones have served their purpose, they end up becoming gems that are worth a pretty penny. I'd say that the other tribes got it right in terms of them being deemed as valuable instead of magical," said Tirek.

" Yes, I suppose that you are right," laughed the King.

" One thing though still puzzles me your majesty, but I'm not sure if you happen to know the answer to it. I have heard rumours that the Ocarina of Time and the three spiritual stones are not the only keys needed to open up the Door of Time, and these rumours involved some other object.

I find such rumours to be humourous notions from people who possibly had nothing better to do than begin a false story about a place of fantasy where the Triforce is hidden. Even then, I find the existence of this Triforce to be highly unlikely as since when would the Great Goddesses desire to grant mere mortals an artefact of tremendous power? It all sounds superficial to me," said Tirek.

" Those rumours are true despite what you may think. There is indeed one final key which allows one to gain access to the Sacred Realm, yet it is the most unique key of all as it's one that can only be wielded by those who have a pure heart," said the King.

" Wielded? As in a weapon?" asked Tirek.

" A most magnificent blade which was forged long ago when the world was still young and teeming with the basics of life. It is known as the Master Sword, and was forged to combat evil and became recognized as the "Blade of Evil's Bane" as evil ones can never hold it. The ancient sages discovered this blade hidden within an ancient version of the temple, and determined that it would be ideal to serve as the final key to the Sacred Realm.

It is said that the entrance to the realm will only open to one of a pure heart when the time is deemed right, for the ancients hoped for someone of good would claim the Triforce. They feared that someone of an evil heart would attempt to use the golden power for their own sinister purposes, thus the need for this final measure. It is also said that the Master Sword chooses the one who is meant to wield, and if they aren't worthy, their spirit is to be sealed away in the Sacred Realm," replied the King.

" Do you believe that?" asked Tirek.

" It has happened once or twice throughout history as ancient texts do hint at such a thing. In any case, the Master Sword awaits one to hold it aloft, and open the way to the Triforce, but this has not happened for centuries, and I doubt that anyone has the desire to go about claiming it for themselves.

We live in a world of peace so wanting a divine relic serves no real purpose. Now you know about the secret of the royal family Ganondorf although much of it is mere rumour and fairy tales passed down through generations, so accuracy can be called into question," replied the King.

" And that is all I needed to hear," said Tirek as he pulled a hidden sword from a slot on the back of his armour which had been hidden behind his cape. He then lowered it down beside his leg so as to look as though nothing was amiss, but he was prepared to make his move.

The King in the meantime was completely unaware of what was going on behind him, and instead he proceeded over to the table where a fancy piece of paper was lying on top of it. He then took out a quill and dipped it into some ink, and beckoned his guest to come on over. Tirek simply smiled a false smile as he walked over. " I take it your majesty that this is what we are to sign in order to forge the alliance between our two tribes?"

" Why yes Ganondorf, for now I feel the time has come to finally take care of it and unite the kingdom," replied the King.

" Indeed the time has finally come, but not when it comes to this alliance of yours," said Tirek.

" Oh? Then what else?" asked the King.

" You have served your purpose to me by revealing the remaining secrets of the Temple of Time which had long eluded my reach, so now you are of no further use to me which means that you must die," replied Tirek. He suddenly rushed forward with immense speed and stabbed the King right through the chest with his sword using a lot of force.

" GAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" yelled the King.

" Heh, you have proven to be such a naive man Hylian King, for your own precious daughter was able to see the one thing which had been blinded to you. Long did she suspect that my reason for coming here to Hyrule was to claim the Triforce for my own, and not to forge an alliance. You were so obsessed with wanting to unite all of the tribes under your banner, that you allowed it control your every thought until nothing else mattered to you.

That is why you were so easy to manipulate because everything revolved around your dream of uniting Hyrule, and the one person who could have saved you was instead dismissed by your hand all because she was trying to help you see the truth. Now, you lie here before me with a wound in your chest that is slowly killing you, and while I would gladly put an end to your misery, I will allow you die a slow painful death so that you may feel tormented as your life slips away," said Tirek.

" Ganondorf....you....you betrayed me," said the King in a weak voice.

" How could I have betrayed you when I did not sign that pathetic alliance of yours? As such you were merely dealt with by someone whose destiny is to reign supreme over this pathetic world. Zelda shall prove to be a much more tantalizing morsel to kill as her presence and suspicions did prevent me from acting much sooner, and her insistence on protecting the Ocarina of Time did prove to be cumbersome," said Tirek.

" No! Leave....my daughter....alone," said the King.

" Why should you be concerned for her when you have few precious moments of existence left? You shunned her because she wanted to expose my intentions, and know that you will never have the chance to make amends with her....in this world at the very least. Perhaps in the next one you might be forgiven, but I doubt that she would be willing to forgive you for causing her life to be cut so short," said Tirek.

" Zelda....my daughter....please forgive an....old man for not....seeing the truth much sooner....I am so sorry," said the King.

" Do you breathe still? You certainly are a stubborn one aren't you?" asked Tirek.

" You will not....get away with this treachery," replied the King.

" Is that your means of providing your final words as your spirit leaves you? How amusing you would waste your breath on such a trivial and predictable manner. While your intellect can be questioned for being oblivious and ignorant, the energy that you possess remains as strong as ever. I shall drain the power you have until your empty husk can give me no more, and then I shall do the same to the entirety of the royal guard.

Then, Zelda and the Shiekah shall become my victims as I drain them of their power once their lives have been snuffed out," said Tirek. The King attempted to speak another word, but he collapsed to the ground dead due to the wound being fatal. His crown fell off of his head and rolled in front of Tirek who proceeded to crush it under the weight of his foot. " And with that, the Royal Family of Hyrule has come to an end, and the reign of Ganondorf shall soon commence. Heh....heh....heh, heh, heh......ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!!!!!!!"

To Be Continued.

PreviousChapters Next