• Published 26th Apr 2012
  • 2,036 Views, 20 Comments

Kindness's Gift - chibiachika



Fluttershy's been acting odd, and one night, she's missing. Her friends want to hear her story.

  • ...
2
 20
 2,036

Kindness

“IT’S MINE!” Rarity, much like at other weddings she’s attended, shoved other ponies out of the way to make sure she caught the bouquet. Applejack glared at her partner, and the white unicorn realized she didn’t actually have a reason to catch them anymore, and handed it back to the bride.

Violyre looked confused at the entire situation as she threw the bouquet again, this time bouncing off the head and into the hooves of an orange pegasus filly with a purple mane. The girl and her two friends, who Violyre knew were sisters to Applejack and Rarity, walked off as they wondered if there was a cutie mark for being a bride.

“Are you alright, dear?” Fluttershy smiled at Violyre, and kissed her.

“I’m alright, love. I just never thought I’d see the day I was a bride.”

“Mommy!” Twilight Sparkle ran to the couple, and hugged the tuxedoed pegasus.

“You were an adorable little flower girl, Twilight.” Violyre smiled.

“Thanks!” She let go of Fluttershy and started to hug Violyre. “Hey mommy?”

“What is it, Twilight?” Fluttershy asked.

“Mama Dash said she wanted to talk to you two, over there.” Twilight pointed towards a side room. The couple exchanged confused glances with each other.

“How strange. I mean, she’s been with us all day for the most part.” Violyre commented.

“Yeah...I mean, she was my Best Mare after all...” Fluttershy stood up, and walked with Violyre to the room that Twilight had come from.

Unlike the reception area, which had been handled primarily by Pinkie Pie, this room was virtually untouched. Probably the most lavish item in the room was a coffee maker. Rainbow Dash sat near a window, gazing out of it.

“Rainbow, what’s wrong?” Fluttershy took a step towards her friend.

“Fluttershy, Violyre, I just want to apologize for the last several years...You two have been much kinder to me than you should be, considering what I’ve done.”

“Rainbow, we’re not upset. You have no need to apologize. We’ve told you that before.” Violyre smiled and hugged her. “You did what any good friend would, and I appreciate what you’ve done for Fluttershy.”

“What I’ve done? Other than attack her bride?”

Fluttershy joined in the hug. “You helped to fix me after I lost Violyre, which then led to me helping to fix her. And remember...you’re the reason I came down to Ponyville in the first place. If not for you, I would’ve never met Twilight, and...” Violyre cut her off.

“...never met Twilight? But...she’s your daughter!:

“Oh dear...I’m not sure if I’m allowed to share that story...” Fluttershy glanced to Rainbow Dash, who returned a quizzical look.

“It’s quite alright.” A soothing voice came from the door. The towering form of Princess Celestia walked inside, followed by the smaller Princess Luna.

“Princesses!” Violyre started to bow down.

“You don’t need to be so formal with us, Violyre.” Luna started, “Besides, it’s your big day. We’d never want to draw attention away from the true star of the show.”

“How come you two always show up right when we need help?” Rainbow Dash questioned.

“Do you think we wouldn’t be at the wedding of one of the Elements of Harmony?” Celestia smiled.

Luna coughed, attempting to draw attention to the actual topic. “Violyre, it’s important that we tell you something about your new family.”

“Do you remember how you were reunited with Fluttershy?” Celestia asked.

“Yes, she came over to visit me...”

“And do you remember what made her decide to come see you, seeing as she thought you were no longer living?” Luna stood quietly, waiting for the answer to her question.

“Someone brought her over...”

“And who was it?” Celestia looked to Violyre, noticing she was starting to stammer a bit. The yellow pegasus nuzzled her partner gently.

“It was Twilight.”

“But...what?” Violyre stood there in complete confusion.

“Twilight Sparkle was the bearer of one of the Element of Harmony, Magic. Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash here are Kindness and Loyalty, respectively.” Celestia started.

“Rarity represents Generosity, Applejack is Honesty, and Pinkie Pie is Laughter.” Violyre said. “I sheltered myself from the world, but I wasn’t that sheltered.”

“I see, I suppose even the youngest of fillies and colts know the story.” Celestia smiled.

“But I thought there were only five Elements of Harmony. Where did this Magic one come in?”

“Magic is the most elusive of the Elements. The reason for this is due to the power involved. The wielder of Magic...is the next generation of Equestrian royalty.” Luna gazed towards Violyre, ready for the incoming slew of questions.”

“But aren’t the rulers of Equestria like...well, you two? Alicorns? Little Twilight is too young for that! Not to mention, she’s a unicorn! That just...doesn’t make any sense!”

“Kind of like a unicorn without magic, eh?” Rainbow Dash snickered, before Fluttershy kicked her in the shin, shooting a telling glare in her direction.

“Twilight was raised as a unicorn for several years, and once she was able to properly mature into the role, her alicorn form would awaken. There was an incident recently, one that caused Twilight’s true form to awaken prematurely. The Elements of Harmony resealed her, and she’s now being raised Fluttershy’s daughter. And now, by extension, yours.” Celestia explained.

“So why am I just learning about all this?”

“I wanted to tell you dear,” Fluttershy said, “but we were told to keep it a secret. But since the princesses told you...”

“So I’m a parent to the future ruler of Equestria...” Violyre lowered her head in thought, and lifted up with a smile. “I’ll do anything I can for her.”

“I hope so, for we fear that a prophecy may be coming forth.” Luna said with a serious tone.

“Prophecy? This isn’t like the ‘prophecy’ that led Twilight to us, is it?” Rainbow Dash question.

“The beast of pure hatred, close to the heart of the light, will corrupt the harmony within to bring forth an eternal dusk. Only the shine of dawn, three ancient stars, and two lost souls will pierce the darkness.”

“What does that even mean? This isn’t another one of those Nightmare Moon prophecies that led Twilight to us in the first place, is it? Or Discord’s riddle?” Rainbow Dash seemed confused. Celestia sighed.

“No, this one is very real. We have no idea what it means. We’re most worried about the ‘corrupt the harmony’ part.” We fear that it may be referring to the Elements of Harmony, which need to remain protected. What’s important is that you three, and the other girls need to be careful, and protect Twilight.”

“Well...that’s kind of a downer for us today...” Fluttershy replied.

“Oh, we won’t let anything happen to you today.” Luna replied. “This place is more secure than Canterlot during Cadance’s wedding. Go! Be festive!” The couple exchange glances with each other as they hear a call for the bride and groom’s first dance, and head back to the main hall.

Comments ( 3 )

The shine of dawn? Yet another way to say 'Twilight Sparkle', and like all the other forms of it, I find it a bit too obvious, a bit too intrusive. Not sure how else you would go about it, but it just...never mind. Perhaps you could try a reference to something other than her halfway convenient name? References to names are always a bit too obvious.

I should put this rant in, like, every place I see this. Yeah.

2098462 Yeah, there's a few lines in this I plan to revise at some point, as well as some lines thrown around in my other fics that just bother me (I'm not particular fond of Fluttershy's first line to Dash in Chapter 5.). I just haven't had too much time to get around to tweaking it.

Please tell me there's a Sequel to this? :applecry: :fluttercry:

Login or register to comment