• Published 2nd Nov 2014
  • 805 Views, 27 Comments

Behind the Scene - Ponyess



I found myself in an unfamiliar bed that was not mine, this is where the story begun. I just knew something was wrong and I am changed.

  • ...
10
 27
 805

A Scene - My Stage: 4

Author's Note:

Trixie's POV

The pink mare who had presented herself as Pinkie had shown me to a new stage, just a flight of stairs over where I had so recently been cared for. Even if I may have been unconscious, most of the time.

What is pleasing me, is the fact that I could feel the pain dulling down as she had presented me with a few muffins to eat and leading me up the stairs. Maybe the food would indeed do me some good. I guess the fresh air would be beneficial to my well-being as well, not that I could say this early.

“This is your stage, if anything is missing on the scene, make sure to let me know in order for me to provide it for you!” Pinkie pronounced, just as we had gotten up to the ground level, allowing me to see the back of the stage for the very first time.

“Let’s see, the curtains are there, the floor seems solid. I can’t see any problems, this far!” I responded in earnest.

“Good, yet I trust you to explain what is missing, once you do find it!” she pointed out, in a tone of voice that made it feel as if it had been close to a threat.

“I wouldn’t make you insist on it!” I responded, knowing better than to say anything stupid at this point.

“If there is anything you need, you make sure to let me know. I am commonly found at the Sugar-Cube Corner. If you don’t know where it is, I have left a map in your home, it will point out every location you need to find. I could show you where I work, since it is where you will find me, most of the time!” she continued.

“I guess it would be nice to see the place and if you work there, that would be prudent, right?” I suggested.

The floor under my hooves had been made out of red Cherry wood, the same goes for the walls and all other details, aside from the curtains. Naturally, the wood had been polished to give me a rubbery feel under my hooves, no chance of slipping or tripping.

I am not sure if I like the gesture the rubbery feel and the clear polish manifested, but what could I do? I didn’t feel as if it was the time to ask her to change anything, not right now. If it was for my benefit, or a cruel joke, who’s to say?

Once I had moved past the curtains, I could see the scene on which she had intended for me to perform. She implied that I was a wizard. Performing tricks on the stage in order to amuse Ponies, Mares, Stallions, Fillies and Colts alike. I guess I could give it a try, after all the effort I sensed she had put into this endeavour.

Looking closer, this stage is set so high, none could enter it from the crowds, the onlookers, enjoying my show, from what I could see. Maybe I should have taken it as a hint.

There was however a door in the back, far out of sight from the audience. This would be no problem for me even if I had been the mere Unicorn I still did recall in the back of my mind. This one vague image is all I have of who I had once been. Something did hold my memories back, even if I had not realised it, maybe I never would. I guess that would be for the best.

Even a Unicorn could levitate down to the ground, now I am an Alicorn, I could fly down any time, easy as that.

“I take it any Pony who is to visit me would use the door on the back? Although I guess I can fly out on the front!” I pointed out.

“Most of us would enter through that door, yes. You can fly out any time, it is part of the reason you have your wings, you know. I could walk right in, if I wanted to, just as any Pegasi could fly in, or any Unicorn could levitate in, but it is not polite. This is your home!” she pointed out with a crooked smile with a sly aftertaste to it.

“Thanks, I guess. It will just take some time for me to get used to my new wings. If this is indeed my home, I can see how it is less than appropriate to just walk in. I guess I like my privacy too. That sure is something I could get used to!” I responded.

“If I told you that you would feel just as uncomfortable if you lost your new wings in as short a time span as a week to a month, would you believe me? Your first home of your own as a stable address, I take it. I thought as much, every Pony likes her privacy. I know you will get used to it soon enough!” she teased.

“This scene does look a bit large for just one performing Pony, even if she happens to be an Alicorn, wouldn’t you say?” I pondered.

“If it is merely for performing magical tricks, it is. You will have room for any and all props you feel the need of, just as you can practice on your flight here, if you feel like it!” she pointed out.

“Since you brought it up, does this mean I would ask you, or is there any other Pony you wanted me to forward my requests to, Pinkie?” I enquired.

“You could ask around, for whatever you need, but it would be easier if you asked me. I know everyone in Ponyville intimately, so I know who to ask and what is possible to acquire!” Pinkie responded.

“I guess it could be convenient to have a Pony behind me in order to find what I need. I may be good at performing magic or magical tricks, but I hardly know any Pony in town. I would have plenty of time to practice and plan my next performance. I do feel like having a walk outside, unless you have a good reason for me to stay indoors? In which case I would be either a patient or a prisoner!” I pondered.

“I guess we could see you as a patient, but you seem to be well enough to go out for a walk. I wouldn’t want you to feel imprisoned or cooped up. Since you don’t know me all that well, I am a party Pony and need to see every Pony and others happy. If you did doubt it, this does include you just as much as it includes Buffalos and Griffons. I want you to feel welcome and enjoy your stay in Ponyville!” she pointed out in no uncertain words.

“For some reason, I feel naked without a cape or cloak. Since you suggested I need to separate my on-stage persona from my everyday life, I would have a different outlook when I go out on own. Where would I go if I need something to wear? I know we are not in a big city, but some Ponies does wear something, right?” I put forth.

“For clothes, I would go to Rarity, she is the best Ponyville stands to offer. She could get you both casual and work wear, at least for your line of work!” Pinkie Pie suggested.

“Maybe we could go there right now. You did tell me to ask you for what I may need, so we could as well have this sorted right away!” I suggested hopefully, looking up to the pink mare before me.

“Yes, we could. Since you are rising the question, we should go now. If you don’t mind, we could even take a stroll around the town, once she finished your first suit?” she suggested, nodding agreement on what I was currently hoping for.