• Published 5th Nov 2014
  • 506 Views, 36 Comments

The Drawbacks and Advantages of Combination - zekromthepokemon



Pinkiepie decided to mess around with Twilight's stuff and things . . . Very perplexing things happen.

  • ...
6
 36
 506

Chapter 8: Feels

Author's Note:

I think I put too many feels toward the end of the chapter. It might not have feels because I am an ameteur writer but, you judge. Although either way I feel it kinda ruined the tone of this story but, it's just something I felt I kinda looked over.

TwiPie looked at Minkie, assessing her.They were in the castle basement. TwiPie had Minkie sleeping on a metal table,. “Hmmm . . .: Minkie was still asleep. TwiPie then turned her tail into a dragon claw and touched Minkie. Minkie then glowed. She opened her eyes slightly but, was unfazed. A brilliant light then cascaded the room. TwiPie opened her eyes and Minkie was asleep. although there was one thing different about her. When she snored smoke came out of her nostrils. TwiPie smiled with delight. The book told her exactly how to do it! “How can I test out her fire-breath though. The thing no emotions just directives. Eat and then sleep. She sighed but, then got an idea. She ran up the stairs and came back down with the book. She flipped through it. She then found what she was looking for. It was a chapter about transference of life force. She read for awhile not caring about the time. She had nothing else to do. She then closed book knowing what to do. She had to find something to get life force from but, didn’t have the heart to harm another being. Plants? No, then she’d be even more a vegetable. Timber wolves? No, she’d be too animal-like. Rocks? Now, No, they don’t have any. “WHY IS IT SO HARD!?” she yelled. Minkie awoke and stared at TwiPie for a few seconds then slowly closed them. “Wait! before you go back to sleep can you just do one thing?” Minkie looked at TwiPie as if she wasn’t there. Minkie opened her mouth. “No, I mean breath-” Fire then erupted from Minkie’s mouth searing of the top of TwiPie mane. TwiPie coughed slightly. “Oh my . . . That was . . . unexpected she then slowly walked up the stairs trying ignore the blistering pain of third degree burns on her ears.


After TwiPie got treated for the burns she left Minkie down in the basement to sleep.She then caught a train to Canterlot. She couldn’t let Spike know about Minkie so, she couldn’t send a letter. The train ride wasn’t the least bit of interesting. She hopped off the train and after the 15 minute walk to the Castle she looked up at the guards and said. “I need to Celestia on behalf on the scientific findings I have discovered.

“What’s your name?” they asked

“TwiPie,” the guards looked t one another. She noticed that a smile crept on one of their faces. They told her to wait and the one with the smile trotted to the drawbridge and gave a signal. It then lowered and when he reached the other side TwiPie could hear his faint laughing.

She knew he was laughing at her name.

“Why didn’t you laugh?”

“I don’t laugh,” he said coldly. A few minutes passed and the one that was smiling came back.

“Come with me,” he said his composure regained.


The throne room was silent filled with mystery as TwiPie and the guard walked in. The guard walked out leaving TwiPie with Celestia.

What did you find out TwiPie?” Celestia asked smiling.

“Well, I was studying life forces and I found out that Minkie can actually altered in different ways,” TwiPie gushed excitedly.

“The Manne-Life Project?” Celestia asked.

“Yeah . . . how did you know?” TwiPie followed up. Celestia gave her a confident look and flew from her throne to in front of TwiPie. TwiPie stepped away but, Celestia got in her face.

“I’m the ruler! That’s why!” she then recoiled and laughed.

“Anyhow, do you know where I can find life-force?” TwiPie asked. Celestia’s fur became an even paler white.

“Life force can’t exactly be created TwiPie . . .”

“Yeah, I know but, do you know where I can get some without hurting anypony?” she asked.

“No” Celestia said relieved. TwiPie got disappointed. “Thanks for telling me,” TwiPie slowly walked out.

“You’ll get over it!” Celestia said trying to be supportive.

“No, I won’t” Twipie said stopping.

“It’s not like it’s the end of the world TwiPie we all want to have our own super-dragon pony but, it’s not always going to fulfilled.

“That’s not why . . . “ TwiPie mumbled. Celestia walked next to her and saw tears brimming in TwiPie’s eyes.

“Then why is it then?” Celestia said rubbing her back.

“I don’t have friends . . . I can’t be friends with the former friends of the two mares who are me because they're not my friends. Now, that I know there is not going to be any other ponies like me that can actually function. The others may be buddy-buddy but, it'll never be the same as before I was here,” tears dripped down and her voice was starting to crack. Celestia didn’t really know what to say. What to do. What to feel. Celestia dropped down to her “knees” and slowly rubbed her hooves a cross TwiPie's back for what felt like hours. TwiPie sobbed loudly. Eventually TwiPie pulled away from Celestia out of tears. The Sun princess watched as the mare left, wishing she could help.