• Published 27th Nov 2014
  • 1,154 Views, 6 Comments

A New Life, A New Fight - Bazing



Two humans are transported to Equestria, while also being turned into Pokemon. Now seperated from their team and in a strange location, the two former-humans set out to find their friends.

  • ...
4
 6
 1,154

Chapter 2 - New Acquaintances

----Jules' POV----

"I fucking hate the desert!! Seriously, it wasn't this bad even back home. Fuck this fur coat to hell!" Alex complained as he laid on top of my metal body, his voice more agitated than I've ever heard before.

"Quit your complaining Alex, we're almost at the town." Yeah, like I could talk. I'm burning under this summer heat, I hate having a body of metal. Why couldn't I have turned into a sandslash or something? “Also, you’d think that because of my body being metal that you’re practically roasting on my body.”

"That's what you said an hour ago!" He barked at me. Heh, barked. It's funny because he's a dog. “And I can’t be bothered walking so shut up.”

I suppressed a little snicker at my own joke and hold out one of my legs, pointing towards the settlement. "Lazy bastard, but no, seriously, we're about ten minutes out of the town." I said matter of factly.

Alex craned his head down and he saw the town getting closer, upside down of course. "Huh, so we are."

What happened next, I have no idea what possessed him to do it, but Alex just randomly started singing to himself. I recognised the song he was singing, it was one of our favourites back home, “Hellraiser” by Motörhead. I'll let him have his fun, I never really was much of a singer and either way, Alex was always better at singing the classics. He quietly sings to himself as we trudge through the barren wasteland, walking on the train tracks leading to our destination.

"Hellraiser, I'll put a spell on-WHOOWHOOOOOOOOOO!!

Okay, I've heard him sing Hellraiser enough times to know that is not how the song ends. Alex slowly turns his head to his left and I do turn right with my body, 'cause you know, my eyes are on my body now. We turn, and about a thousand feet and closing in very quickly, is a train. A train that's about to hit us like a million Kakunas dropping on our heads. With Harden maxed out.

"Crikey Moses!" We both yelled.

With extreme superhuman strength, which surprised me since I'm over 500kg, Alex grabbed my side and roared as he flipped us off of the train tracks just seconds before it hits us. The train speeds past us as we just lay on floor panting, our hearts acting like jackhammers in our chests.

Cheers for that Brownie, you saved my hide. I thought to my canine friend, still panting from our near-death experience.

"Well I was more worried about myself and the bags, because you know, I can be hit with a train and die, and those bags are all we have." He explains nonchalantly.

Gee thanks buddy. I said, not impressed that he did it for himself.

"I'm just pulling your leg mate, you know I'd save your ass any day." He says with a shit-eating grin on his smug dog face, as he lightly punched my leg and started walking towards the town again. "Wait, why're you using telepathy when we can speak to each other just fine?"

Just getting used to my new psychic powers. I said like it was normal, but Alex just gives me a bemused stare.

----Alex's POV----

Well call me Skippy and toss me down a well, it really is a western town from one of those movies. Jules said in wonder as he looked around the settlement.

"I'd love to really, but there's no wells anywhere from what I can see. You owe five bucks by the way." I said with a smug grin on my face, looking right at Julian.

Fucking asshole.

"Oi, this is me you're talking about." I explain with a chuckle, "Listen, I'm gonna go into that saloon over there and ask where we can get some help." I begin to walk over to the building before I hear Julian think back. Haha, think. Like he ever would.

I'll come with you. He said

I turn around, stare at him blankly and bonk my fist on his head. "Earth to Jules, you're a giant fucking metal disc that's floating. Just go find some shade, Arceus knows you need it more than I do. You're more steel-type than I am, which means you're weaker to the heat. Just go rest, I won't be long."

Jules sighs inwardly, I know that means he's admitting his loss. Fine, but if there's even an ounce of trouble, call me. He said, gesturing his head with one of his claws.

"No worries mate." I said, patting his back...body/head, whatever.

I walk towards the saloon doors and push them open without any unnecessary force. Immediately as I walked in, like the world had just stopped at that moment, everybody and everything inside pauses and looks at me. If awkward could be summed up in one moment in its entirety, it would probably be right now. The awkwardness was so thick in the saloon, you could cut it with a pin. It's actually really unnerving having all these eyes on me, especially when some of them don't look exactly happy to see me.

"Uhh...hi?" I give a little wave. They're all still staring at me. "What? Is there something on my face?" I asked, wiping any grime off my cheeks.

"Where's that voice coming from? Am I the only one hearing that?" A strange Ponyta says on the right, looking around the room for a source to my disembodied voice.

"What in Celestia's name are you?" Asks another one as he walks towards me, looking over my body.

"I'm Alex, a Lucario. Listen, my friend and I are kinda lost at the moment. Do you happen to know someone that can help us with our...problem?" I ask the strange creature in front of me. He looks like a Ponyta without a fiery mane, wearing a Stetson and some sort of jacket thing.

"Well, Ah don't think anypony here in AAAAAAAPPLEOOSA can really help y'all. Yer best bet'd probably be seein' the princess." Said the little enquine in front of me, accentuating the word 'Appleoosa'. I guess that is the name of this place.

"Princess?" I ask quizzically. I don't remember Johto ever having princess, or any region for that matter.

"Well, princesses technically speakin'. Anywho, they live all the way in the city of Canterlot. Y'all will need to catch a train there, 'tis much too far for anypony t' be walkin', it'd take ya nearly two weeks on hoof."

"Can you tell me when the next train leaves here?"

"Well, the one scheduled fer today has already hit the tracks. The next one won't be here until late morning tomorrow. Sorry partner, you and yer friend will have to stay here for the night."

"That's just fan-tucking-fastic." I sigh, dejected. The one train that almost killed us, was also the only one to get out of here. I couldn't help but facepalm myself at the irony.

"Y'all're welcome t' stay in mah parent's barn fer th' night if’n ya want?" He offered me with his ridiculously heavy accent.

"What? No, I couldn't do that to you. We barely even know each other." I try to explain while raising my paws and shaking my head.

"And that there's supposed t' stop me from helpin' somepony that needs a roof over their head fer a night?" He asks rhetorically with a big smile. "C'mon, I'll show ya the way."

"Thanks man." I said to him. That was all I could say in this situation.

"Ain't mah name, mah name is Braeburn partner." He replies back.

"Thank you Braeburn." Before walking through the doors of the saloon, I stop him with my paw. "Hang on just a sec there buddy. Excuse me there mate, can I get like a bucket of cold water?" I ask another one of the small Ponyta behind the bar. "Cheers mate, you're a lifesaver." I nod my head in appreciation.

"No problem partner." He replies back.

"You seem pretty calm considering I'm a bipedal, blue wolf that's using telepathy to talk to you." I look back to Braeburn.

"Equestria has been infested with crazies lately. Ah mean, we had a giant steel snake almost come and destroy our town, but it was saved by a bunch of other creatures like ya. You're just a little bit stranger than what we've experienced."

"Anyway, cheers for the water." I look back to the bartender, he nods his head back me.

"So, where's yer friend?" Asked Braeburn as we walked past the saloon doors and out into the town.

"Are you serious? As if you could miss him, he's right there." I said to the blonde Ponyta, pointing out the giant blue thing that's floating about two feet off the ground. And sleeping. Poor bastard must be dead tired after being in the desert for so long. Why did we have to wake up there of all places anyway? Why couldn't we wake up near a bloody spring?

I want to wake him up but I feel like I'm going to break my paw if I do. It was at that moment though, that a lightbulb went off in my head. If Jules could use his psychic powers in just five minutes, then maybe I can with my own moves.

Willing to test my theory, I raise my arm and I concentrate deeply on the move I want to use. It takes a moment, but I can begin to see the spike on my arm lengthen and become much sharper and curved in appearance. When it's finished, the spike now looks like a curved blade on my arm. Perfect.

Metal Claw. I said within my mind, before striking the large frame of my metal friend-turned-Pokémon.

"Wake up fatass, we've got somewhere to spend the night."

Did you really have to use Metal Claw on me? He asks tiredly. He asks tiredly, still rubbing the spot on his head.

"Did you really expect me to break my fist trying to punch you awake?" He simply shakes his head/body.

Who's the less fiery Ponyta? He asks as he looks towards our new acquaintance.

"This guy's name is Braeburn, he's offered us to sleep in his parent's barn for tonight. It turns out the only people that can help us live hundreds of kilometres away, and the last train left a while ago, so we have to stay for the night." Julian sighs in annoyance.

Well that's just bullocks isn't it?

"You're telling me. Here, I got some cold water to cool you down." I raise the bucket above his floating form, which was fucking hard by the way, and pour it on him. Almost immediately, the water evaporates into steam with a hiss. "Man, you were really hot, weren't you?"

My entire body is made of metal, it's kind of common sense there bud. He said to me, acting calm and cool about his condition.

"Why didn't you say anything?" I ask worryingly.

Didn't wanna worry you.

"Stupid idiot, you could've gotten heatstroke or something. We can't just breeze through everything like we used to anymore." I point out, shaking my head all the while.

Fine fine, my bad. He responds, a hint of regret.

"Umm, Ah hate t' be a bother 'n all, but we kinda need to get you two movin', the towns ponies are watching."

"Right, let's go Brae."


Nice house you've got there. Commented Julian as we saw his home.

It really was nice. It had two floors to it, the colour of the house was bright so it didn't absorb much heat from the sun and had a nice front garden given the area they were living in. The perfect country home was my first thought.

"Yeah, it ain't much, but its home. Just wait here so I can explain to Ma an' Pa what's happened."

"Sure thing mate, you don't mind if we just into the barn right now do you?"

"Not at all, make yerselves at home."

Moving off in another direction, me and Jules head inside the barn.

"It's pretty nice in here. Don't know how comfortable that hay will be though."

Hey, we should be thankful this guy is giving us somewhere to stay until the next train arrives.

"Hey, I'm not saying I'm not grateful, I just wish I had my-WAIT!!" I shout before running to open my bad. Rummaging through I finally pull out what I was looking for. "Ye-he-hes! Good ol' swag is still intact! Now I can sleep happy." I lay out my Swag on the floor.

Lucky you, you can actually fit into your swag while I'm the size of a bloody kitchen table.

"Tell you what Jules, when that Braeburn bloke comes back, I'll ask him if he has a big arse blanket to cover you with. Or do you want me to use you as a bed?"

Do that and I swear to Arceus; POW! To the moon!

Just after Jules' little threat, Braeburn walks into the barn with a tray of food.

"Ah bet you fellers are hungry, ain't ya?" He places the tray onto the floor that has red apples on it. Lots of red apples. Seriously, there's about fifty or sixty of them. "Here ya go, I figured since your friend there is extremely big, I'd need t' bring some extras."

"Normally I just eat green apples but hey, you take what you're given."

Braeburn nods his head in approval. "Mah Ma has got some apple pies cookin' in the oven, I'll bring them out for you guys when they're done."

These can fill us just fine there mate. There's really no need for you to do so much for us...freaks. Jules says with slight contempt. He’s probably still a bit shaken from the whole transformation-teleportation thing. Even I still feel shaken from the ordeal, but it don't show it.

"Now none of that bad talk ya hear? Ah may not know who or what you fellers are, but I know fer sure that you ain't no freaks. I'm not doing this because I have to, it's because I want to, it's the right thing t' do." Braeburn adds sternly, fixing a glare in Julian’s direction.

Thank you, but what about your parents? What do they think about having us right next door to them?

"We haven't had visitors in about two years, and judgin' on somepony just 'cause of their looks is a darn nasty way of thinking." Said a new, older pony as she walked up towards Braeburn. "You two needed a roof, and mah husband and Ah will gladly let you have it, and you don't need to hear Junior's opinion." After she finishes another Ponyta walks into the barn.

"Ma! Not in front of anypony else!" Braeburn shouts with wide eyes.

"Wait, Junior?" I ask with a little chuckle.

"This lil' adorable foal is Braeburn Lesley Apple Jr. and his father is Braeburn Snr."

"Ma, Ah said Ah hate bein' called junior all the time."

"Oh quit bein' a fuddy duddy all the time, let your mother have her fun."

"Fun? Pa, she's embarrassing me in front of my friends!" Braeburn shouts to the other Ponyta.

"No, by all means, go on, this is good." I said with a sharp grin as I bit into an apple.

Yeah, don't mind us. Just pretend we aren't here. Agreed Jules as he swallowed his own.

"No no, it's obvious you young folk don't need us old timers hanging around. Enjoy yourself junior." Braeburn’s father says, then walks out the barn with his wife in tow.

"So Lesley, how're those pies doing?" I ask with a grin on my face, my exposed fangs showing greatly how amused I am.

"Y'all aren't gonna let this go, are ya?"

"Fuck no."

And so, for the rest of the night, Braeburn, Julian and I sat and talked all about their worlds. They found out that they were in a small, earth pony settlement called Appleoosa in a country called Equestria. The whole continent was inhabited by a race of sapient beings called 'ponies' that were either earth ponies, pegasai or unicorns and alicorns, if you were royalty that is.

All things considered, today was a good day. Tomorrow we leave Appleoosa to go find the Princess of this place, then, we can finally find our answers and hopefully find our teammates along the way too.

-----The Next Morning 3rd person -----

"Well, it was great gettin' to know ya both."

"Now you two boys stay outta trouble, ya hear me?" Braeburn’s mother says, a warm tone in her voice.

Considering our looks, I don't think we can keep that promise, but we'll try our best Mrs Apple.

"Before we leave though, you think you can do us a favour?" Alex asks with hope.

"Of course, anything for a friend."

"If you ever see anything abnormal, let us know."

"And what exactly do y'all mean by abnormal?" Braeburn’s father asks in confusion.

"We didn't come here alone, our teammates were separated from us when we woke up in the desert." Alex explains with worry.

He's right, we need to find them as soon as possible. We know they can handle themselves but they're our family, and family can't be separated.

"We're mighty sorry we can't help you find them, we wouldn't know where to start. We really wish we could help y'all find your family."

"It's not your fault, so don't beat yourselves up over it. It's not like you're the reason we're separated from them."

"Still, we pray to Celestia that she can help you two, and that you can find your teams." "The train's here, good luck to ya both." Braeburn’s father says with a smile.

"Goodbye Alex, Julian." Braeburn says with a sad smile.

"Don't say goodbye, it means we aren't gonna meet each other again. We plan on coming back here, it's a nice place you have here. See ya later," Alex grins, "Lesley jr."

Later Lesley.

"You two suck, you know that?" Braeburn glares at us a little.

"Hey, we're Australian. Pissing off our friends is what we do best."

Braeburn shakes his head and chuckles, "Y'all got your tickets?"

"What tickets?" Alex says with a shit-eating grin before reaching his arm out and grabs a pole from the train. Like that, he's just gone in a moment and Julian soon followed, choosing to float over to the quickly speeding train. Looking back he waves a paw as his body flaps like a flag in the passing winds, "Later you three, we'll come back one day! That pie was amazing last night!"

Author's Note:

Leave a comment bellow and tell us what you think!

Some parts were edited and more detail and stuff was added

Comments ( 4 )

5318814 Haha fair enough.
But it's always good to give descriptions.

Also, language warning was put in the description, and it is rated Teen for adult language.

5318820 love this story as much as the others I might as well merry them

7517899 Thanks bro, I'll be focusing on the Rage series before I continue this though.

Login or register to comment