• Published 19th Oct 2014
  • 369 Views, 7 Comments

A Perminant Visit - Part 1 - HattyStacks



Onyx was looking forward to seeing Ponyville again, but a lot has changed in 5 years.

  • ...
11
 7
 369

Chapter 1 - Welcome home

CHAPTER 1 – Welcome home


“Okay, my turn, I spy with my little eye something beginning with….. T!”
Onyx sighed “Is it a tree?” he said in a tired tone.
“Ummm, yeah, it’s a tree. When are we getting there anyway?” Ash said
“Hmmmmm, I’ll ask the drivers, hey guys! When are we getting there?”
The Dark Pegasi guards grunted in disgust and turned away from him.
“I wonder why they won’t talk to you, is it because you’re a-“
“Don’t…… just don’t” Onyx interrupted “I don’t like to be reminded of what I am.”
One of the guards sneered and said “Get used to it runt, you were born a reject and will always be one till the day you die.”
Onyx would have taken notice if he weren’t used to the barrage of insults from almost everypony he came across. There were a few who took pity upon him, but they were far and few. There was one he was particularly fond of, but memories of her were too painful and made him well up with sadness.
“We’re here, I hope our stuff’s here too.” Ash hopped out of the chariot and trotted over to the door to the house.
“It’s definitely been a while since I’ve been in Ponyville, 5 years I think. I wonder if they’re all still here.” He followed after Ash before turning around “Oh, nearly forgot, thank you for taking us here gentlecolts… assholes.” The guards heard him but disregarded the remark as they took off back to Canterlot.
“Well, let’s take a look inside.” Onyx and Ash stepped inside and saw their new home. “Wow, they even unpacked for us.” Ash said “Wait, they didn’t unpack everything, right?” Ash jumped in realization before dashing upstairs.
“I worry about that mare sometimes, anyway, I have someone to visit. I hope she remembers me.”
Onyx left the house and began to trot towards town as he heard Ash scream “OH SWEET CELESTIA THEY UNPACKED EVERYTHING!!!”

Onyx trotted through town as the memories flooded through him again “What do you know, the petition to keep Sugarcube Corner worked, and they got rid of the homeless ponies as well.”
It was then he noticed the massive crystal structure on the outskirts of town. “That is most definitely new.” He decided to go to the one person he knew in town who could give him an explanation as to why the crystal structure was there, who as a coincidence, was walking through town as he thought of her. He filled with happiness as he went over to her and stood behind her and said “Miss me?”
Applejack turned around and when she saw the grey Unicorn in front of her she rushed over and gave him a hug “Onyx!” she cried in excitement “Why it’s been ages since I last saw you? How’s Canterlot? Did you pass?”
Onyx chuckled and said “Easy there, no need to get too excited, and of course I passed, you know me!” Applejack let go and managed to calm down “Sorry there, it’s just been so long since I’ve last seen you, I mean, Big Mac and Applebloom’ll be so excited to see you here!”
Onyx gave a short laugh as he said “Sure, I mean, I’ve got about…. the rest of my life to see them!”
Applejack gasped “You mean?”
“Yep, Luna said my research can be conducted in Ponyville, I thought that it’d be a great place to be, due to the strange magic and the fact that most of my friends and family are here.”
Applejack picked up her things and said “Well that’s just great Onyx, I’m sure everyone will just love that you’ll be staying here for a while. Anyway, let’s get movin’, they’re expecting me, or us now.”
As they walked off a figure was watching them from the alley, they began to smile an unsettling grin as they disappeared into the shadows, leaving not a single trace of them even being there.


“Hey everypony, guess who I found!” Big McIntosh and Applebloom turned towards Applejack and rushed over to the unicorn behind her “ONYX!” they yelled as they jumped on him “Oh craAAH!”
He was cut short as they landed on him and Applebloom laughed as Big McIntosh began to cry.
“Could you please get off me?” Onyx wheezed. Applejack chuckled before saying “Alright ya’ll, time to get offa’ him.” The 2 got off him as he gasped and began to get up “I think I *gasp* got weaker when I *wheeze* was in Canterlot.”
“Well there’s plenty of time to toughen you back up, ‘cause he’s gonna be stayin’ for a real long time.”
Applebloom cheered and began to jump up and down as Big McIntosh giggled with excitement.
“I forgot to mention, how’s Granny Smith? She still got that bad leg?” Onyx asked.
“Oh she’s fine, but the leg’s been replaced by the hip. It has led to a few incidents, but none the less it’s been all fine and dandy. Although some things have been…..odd.” Applejack explained.
“Does that include the giant crystal tower over there?” Onyx pointed a hoof towards the crystal structure.
“Eeyup!” Big McIntosh said
“Huh, still don’t say much do you?” Onyx asked.
“Eeyup!”
“Still got that yoke stuck round your neck?”
“Eeyup!”
“Still got the hots for Cherilee?”
“Eeyup! I mean…. Uh… Nope….?”
Onyx, Applebloom and Applejack began to laugh as McIntosh stuttered trying to recover from the trap Onyx laid out.
“Yeah, anyway, the tower.” Onyx said
“Yeah, the tower.” Applejack continued “That’s a reeeeealy long story, we better sit down”