• Published 17th Oct 2014
  • 478 Views, 4 Comments

The Elements of Nature - Dashie23



Blood Burn, a young unicorn, begins to learn from Twilight Sparkle about magic.

  • ...
5
 4
 478

Chapter 3: From Equistria with Love

Author's Note:

Note: I've taken a comedic approach to this chapter, and I'm planning a one shot on Braeburn and Fluttershy when I have time.

Blood Burn hefted her saddlebag. She was rather annoyed with her friends. Already they were lagging behind and she was far ahead even though they had just left town. Thank Celestia they had their own bags to carry instead of all on one pony. She held up, waiting on the others, and whipped out her Gamecolt, and started to play Super Mareio Bros. She managed to beat six levels by the time the others got over to her. She saved as Plum Fool, last behind, settled down on the ground, panting.

“You’re late.”said Blood Burn, with a bit of chiding in her tone.

“A unicorn is never late, Blood Burn, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.” said Silver Night.

“Are you re-reading The Return of the Colt again?”

“No, I just like the book. I’m reading Harry Trotter and the Half-Corn Prince now.”

“It’s out?”

“You missed it, the Deathly Swallows has been out for like 6 years now.”

“I’m such a dummy…”said Blood Burn, putting her hoof on her face.

“Who are you calling dumb?”said Plum Fool, as she walked over, but tripped on a rock, launching her pack into Silver Night, causing him to lean forward, fall, and hit his head on a rock. As Silver Night leaned forward, he knocked down Blood Burn and their lips connected. For a moment, there was an awkward silence, and even birds stopped chirping, as the two unicorns froze in an accidental kiss that felt like pure bliss to the young filly and colt. Suddenly realizing what was happening, Silver Night pulled away from Blood Burn. Silver Night felt his cheeks burn, and if Blood Burn could turn any redder than she naturally was, she already had.

“ Sorry, I…”started Silver Night.

“Whoa, slow down lover boy.” Blood Burn said, half embarrassed, and half amused.

Bolting Thunder giggled. “Blood Burn and Silver Night, sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N… Ouch!” he screamed as he felt Sweet Grass’s well aimed stone hit him in the head.

“Don’t be a dick about everything, Bolt.” Said Arctic Blast.

“Excuse me, mister ‘barely any exposition for me even though it’s the third chapter.’”

“Whatever, earthling.” said Arctic Blast.

“Ah, I love a little bit of anger among friends.” Said a voice from above.

Discord, the chaotic draconnequis, had appeared on the road.

“While I’m a big fan of chaos, it’d be in your best interest to quell your arguments now. Friendship is important.” said Discord, his arms around Plum Fool and Arctic Blast.

“Also, a romance? How cute! I haven’t been to many recent weddings. Last one I was at was Fluttershy and Braeburn’s wedding. I wasn’t on good terms with Braeburn since the Apple’s Christmas party back in ‘03, so I didn’t get to be a groomsman. It was touching, seeing them getting married so young. But Braeburn had a sense of responsibility, plus it was a shotgun wedding, so yeah…”

“What’s a shotgun wedding, and why did my parents have one?”asked Sweet Grass.

“Oh, so you’re Fluttershy’s little filly! I’m Discord, by the way. Your mother and I go back a while.”

“That doesn’t answer my…”

“Hush, now. I have something for you to munch on.”

“Is it like a cookie or something?”said Plum Fool.

“Kids these days…. No. I mean, that friendship is part of the key to defeating Trixie.”

“Why?”

“I’m not telling you. With Celestia busy, I get to be the trolling one now. Goodbye.” Said Discord as he disappeared in a puff of smoke.

“Well, he wasn’t very helpful.”Blood Burn huffed.

“Actually, my mother said he is helpful, but he has a strange way of putting his help.” said Sweet Grass.

“Ok. But why would friendship be important?” asked Blood Burn.

“The Elements of Harmony, Rainbow Power, and Rainbow Ro-”

“Shut up, Rainbow Rocks is technically non-canon despite its positive reception among the fandom.”

“Okay.”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment