• Published 7th Oct 2014
  • 1,006 Views, 7 Comments

Phases - Bronyraptor26



My name is Sweetie Belle, I live with my sister and I think that I'm going emo.......

  • ...
7
 7
 1,006

The Talent Show

"Now Sweetie Belle are you sure you want to to go through with the talent show again?" Rarity asked she was concerned that I was going to make a fool of myself again in front of everypony in town.

"Yes Rarity I know I'm going to better than last time." I said the look she gave wasn't to sure about that but she went along with it anyways.

"Well it is tonight what song will you be singing?" She asked. All I could was oh crap I completely forgot to write it. I ran out the door to find Scootaloo and Applebloom when I found them they were rehearsing a song with Spike as their singer.

"Sorry Sweetie Belle but we don't have anymore room in the act for you." Was all I heard I walked solemnly back to the Boutique defeated by my own friends. I walked by the music store and I saw Cord playing a guitar and I couldn't help but go back to my original idea. I ran into the music store and interrupted him.

"What songs do you know how to play?" I asked quickly he looked at me confused. "No time to explain just tell me!"

"I mean a lot actually." He replied I rolled my eyes.

"Can you play Unbreakable by Fireflight?" I asked and he nodded his head then I remembered he had stage fright and my plan was once again ruined.

"But if you want to do something cool you should mix two songs up." He said I thought about it for awhile I didn't know what song would go with the one I suggested.

"What would you suggest?" I asked he thought about it for a moment before coming up with something.

"You're gonna go far kid by the Offspring could work." He said

"Will you be able to go on stage?" he smiled in a way that gave me a ray hope that we could actually pull this off.

"You should stop trying to be dark the look doesn't fit your personality to well." I nearly broke it was completely off topic and he was agreeing with my sister to make matters worse. "But yeah I'll play for you." I hugged him tightly I couldn't wait for tonight. I ran to where we were suppose to sign up and soon I found myself getting a prep talk from Rarity.

"Remember smile, there's nothing to be nervous about, and you can do this." She was more nervous than me that's when it occured to me Cord and I never practiced our act.

"Cord how are we going to do this?" I asked him and once again he smiled at me.

"It's easy I'll start with my song then move to yours we'll switch out every verse." He replied I assumed it was going to be a lot harder than that. The act before us was Applebloom, Scootaloo, and Spike they were just as bad as when we first did it. It didn't help me to much I grew a pit in my stomach, I was feeling nauseous I managed to pull myself together at the end of their act. Cord was just as nervous as me as we took what remained of the stage. I looked out into the crowd to see my sister sitting next to my parents. Cord got himself set up and it was time to begin.

"Show me how to lie,
You're getting better all the time,
And turning all against the one
Is an that's hard to teach
Another clever word
Sets off an unsuspecting herd
And as you step back into line
A mob jumps to their feet." He sang then it was my turn and he changed the song he was playing to the one I was singing.

" Where are the people that accused me?
The ones who beat me down and bruised me
They hide just out of sight
Can't face me in the light
They'll return but I'll be stronger" I sang the crowd cheered us on, I looked at Rarity who had an enormous smile on her face. I turned to look at Cord he seemed like he was enjoying himself, the beat changed back to his song. I didn't want this to end, I was having ot much fun.

"Now dance, bucker, dance
Man, he never had a chance
And no one even knew
It was really only you." Then it was back to me.

"God, I want to dream again
Take me where I've never been
I want to go there
This time I'm not scared
Now I am unbreakable, it's unmistakable
No one can touch me
Nothing can stop me." I sang we went back and forth till both our songs ended.

After we were done we bowed to a standing, cheering crowd. We walked off the stage then I spotted the fact he got his cutie mark, a red electric guitar with music notes swirling around it. I looked at my own flank to see a half note, I was so happy I ran over to him and kissed him on the cheek. His face lit up red, I thought it was rather cute. Rarity came back stage and hugged me. The surprising part was when she apologized to Cord for being a little judgmental about him. To which he replied "I didn't know about that till you brought it up."

"Well everypony I think we know who won this talent show!" The voice sounded familiar I looked onto the stage to see Sapphire Shorts with the microphone. I looked at Cord who was leaving.

"Time to go." His older brother said

"Sweetie Belle and Cord!" The crowd cheered but I didn't want to go on without him. He turned around and smiled in that way that gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.

"I have to go or I'll miss the train." He said

"Wait your leaving!" I said on the verge of crying he walked over to me.

"Don't think of it as leaving try temporarily separation, we'll see each other again. GO out there with out me you deserve the win after all. Um, before I go here." He handed me the guitar he played we were on stage. "Think of it as a promise we'll see each other again." And with that he left, I didn't know what to do now except to go on stage.

"Where's Cord?" Sapphire asked I looked towards the train and then at the guitar.

"He had to go." I replied

"Well that's a shame I was going to see if you two wanted to perform your song for my concert here in town." She said I couldn't believe it a chance to do it all over again.

"I can still do my part." I said and she nodded her head in approval.

The end of part 1

Comments ( 1 )

You transitioned a bit fast from being rejected by her friends to being on stage with cord, you should take that 2 paragraph transition from being rejected and add some more emotion and elaborate a bit on there practicing, remember, all good storys have good slow explaining transition paragraphs, otherwise you cirtainly picked up the pace from the first 3 chapters and added some more contrivercial things which made it alot better. Keep it up!

Login or register to comment