• Published 25th Sep 2014
  • 993 Views, 38 Comments

Zero Room - FiveyWhooves



While stopping by in Ponyville, the Doctor and Ditzy get a surprise visit from someone, or now, somepony from the past. But is the Doctor all that is in trouble, or is it something deeper?

  • ...
2
 38
 993

It Happens Once, But It Happened Twice

Author's Note:

The picture in this chapter, again, contains slight showing of blood. Again, nothing bad in the slightest, but you never know. :applejackunsure:

For once, in all of his life of living in the land of Equestria, the Doctor only found one place that could possibly be safe:

The Everfree Forest.

The beat-up stallion really had no other options. He couldn't go back to Ditzy's house, even for his own, present TARDIS. It would put her in danger if the Master found her, especially since Ditzy hadn't yet been introduced to the evil being.

I need help for these wounds, the Doctor bantered in his head as he dodged though Ponyville. He zipped past a couple of shops as he started to head into the main part of town itself. He couldn't go to a hospital. Two hearts. He already had experience a fiasco with a medical center who was unaware of his biology. The Doctor didn't intend on regenerating that way again.

Ditzy is the only one that could possibly attend to my injuries, the Doctor argued in his mind again. If only there was another option. . .wait, there was a pony I met a couple of months ago who was familiar with herbs. Oh, what was her name again. Ponyville started to get busier, however, the Doctor pressed forward, his hooves and his mind fast-paced.

If I remember correctly, she was a very unique pony, actually, don't think she was a pony at all. But what was her name? It started with a Y or or or Z or something peculiar like that. The Doctor lost himself in his vast mind, trying to distinguish the one name.

Yeco. . .no no no, Zeno. . .Zappher, Zacca. . .

"Whoa!" The word stumbled right out of the Doctor's mouth at an instant. His pace had tripped to a stop. Curious to what caused him to falter, the Doctor shook his head and turned his face to see a younger stallion bobbing through the street.

"So sorry," the pony stated as if he too just realized that he had bumped into the Doctor in the same way.

"Scuse me," responded the Doctor quickly. He was in too much of a hurry to apologize to the random citizen any further, however, something happened at that very moment that made the Doctor pause.

For a split second in time, the Doctor looked at the stallion curiously, and all the same the pony looked back. He did seem very odd, the stallion, seemingly young in the eyes and a mop of blonde hair on top of his bewildered face. For an even stranger reason, the Doctor noticed that he was carrying a saddlebag. . .one that looked like it belonged to one of the other ponies in town the Doctor had met before. . .Rarity, if he could remember correctly. . .and it was sitting on his back just so that his cutie mark was covered. It was a shame too, because in that moment, the Doctor was certain he had seen the pony before, yet he didn't recall it.

"Are you alright?" the other pony asked that made the Doctor snap back into reality. "You look a little. . .wounded." He realized this other pony was looking at his beatings.

"Nope, I'm fine," the Doctor responded, trying not to worry the pony into wanting to get him help. "Totally fine. Yup yup. . .fine." He faked a grin. The other pony looked at him suspiciously.

Oh dear, I really hope this pony doesn't alert a police or something absurd like that, the Doctor hoped in his mind.

"But you're bleeding," pointed out the other pony.

"Nah, just a. . .couple of scratches. I'll be alright," replied the Doctor in his overly reassuring tone. He looked at the gashes on his legs, secretly wishing for them to become less conspicuous. That's why he remembered why he was running in the first place.

"But mind you," he continued to the pony, "I'm in a hurry, so-"

"Oh, yes yes yes," the other pony replied apologetically. "Sorry to stop you." He politely motioned for the Doctor to leave.

Something's up with this colt, and I can't put the pieces of his mannerisms together into something I remember, the Doctor thought in his mind as he heard the courtesy in the other pony's voice jab seemingly a clue in his mind. If only I had more time to ask him questions. . .

"It's fine!" the Doctor decided to reply as he thrust his will to keep heading toward the forest. He left the pony in the town, looking just as confused as the Doctor felt, as the Timpony continued down the street. For a moment longer he looked back, taking a second glance at the pony. The Doctor shook his head and kept running towards his destination, the strange encounter swimming in his mind.

That was most certainly odd, and not for no reason in particular, he said to himself. Possibly he just looks like a humanoid or other creature I met from an earlier time. But still, the face, the voice, it all matched up to something I just can't-.

Something clicked in the Doctor's head.

He remembered.

"Zecora!" he said aloud to himself as he continued to run. "That's the name of the herbal medic!"