• Published 20th Oct 2014
  • 295 Views, 6 Comments

A heart felt welcome for a barbarian - Boxo-pony



A time traveling teleportation spell sends Axe Helm beyond his own time. A time where barbaric actions no longer exist, a time of harmony. It doesn't matter to him, as long as there be villages to plunder

  • ...
 6
 295

To pillage and plunder

Author's Note:

Hiya~
Hope you all like this little story I came up with. It be great if you can all comment down below on what you think and what I should improve on (any mistakes).
Oh and side note,
should I add a gore tag to be safe? So far, no gore will be described in detail but the mention of death will.
Also, all characters in the past are speaking in a old speaking pattern, something like how Luna speak. Not sure if I failed on that or not. xD

"RUN! THE BARBARIANS ARE COMING! RUN!" Yelled a villager as he ran past the gate guards into the centre of the village.

The message already got through to the villagers as they began to panic and run into their homes for safety. Even before the barbarians get to the village, chaos struck the streets with ponies deciding whatever to leave the village or hide.
The village, Hay Field have a trend of being attacked by the barbaric ponies from the West. Or what most ponies say, the Badlands. Then again, it's common for barbaric ponies to attack any village or city. They pillage and plunder, like a bunch of savages.
It was a dark times for ponies at that time. No monarchs ruled or any form of government that orders. It was a free time where any pony can do what they will with no consequences. There were a few group of ponies that try to create a strong society of peace, but the ruthlessness of barbaric ponies toppled their ideals.
Villages like Hay Field are the only source of harmony left. A society where ponies build, harvest and protect each other.

"Guards ready by the front gate! Wield thy weapons with great justice!" Ordered a guard captain who was a Earth pony.

"Sir, we are to believe it's that 'group' again...'" Assumed the scout leader who too was a Earth pony.

"I do hope you are fooling me so?" The guard captain hoped.

"I-Im afraid I'm not sir." Disheartenedly replied the scout leader.

"We won't survive another attack from that 'group'..." Muttered the guard captain.

"I have a suggestion sir if I may speak?" Asked a nearby villager.

"Who on earth are you?" Questioned the guard captain.

"Ah I'm the one who reported or more like yelled about the barbarians who are on their way. I go by the name, Wheatly Field."

"What do you have to speak?" Asked the guard captain.

"Well actually all we have to do is hold off the barbarians till Grand O'clock get here by the gates. He says he been working on a spell that might fix the barbarian problem."

"That old took? He may be the only unicorn around here but his frail old body can't keep up with time itself." Mocked the scout leader.

"Hoho don't assume im kicking the bucket any time soon, young one." Chuckled a approching elderly Unicorn.

"Grand O'clock!" Wheatly Field called out.

"Old fool..." Mumbled the guard captain.

"Hoho you still annoyed at me Blazing Shield? Even if it been...how many years?" Teased Grand O'clock.

"Hold your tongue fool, you will also refer to me as Guard Captain." Stated Blazing Shield.

"By the way, I teleported him in a swamp manifested by Cragadiles~" Whispered Grand O'clock to Wheatly Field.

Wheatly Field hold in a snicker. "May I ask why?" Whispered back Wheatly Field.

"Oh you see, h-" Grand O'clock about to explain to his friend, much to Blazing Shield annoyance, a sudden yell interrupted him.

"Guard Captain! The barbarians are in sight!" Yelled a nearby gate guard.

Blazing Shield was about to give a command before Grand O'clock stop him.

"Let this old fool take care of this." Stated Grand O'clock as he walked past Blazing Shield.

Before they knew it, Grand O'clock teleported away in a flash.

"You believe he could succeed?" Asked the Scout leader.

"Nay." Simply replied Blazing shield.

"Hmm, try and be more supportive at least." Sighed Wheatly Field.

"What? Do you really think such a old fool can go and defeat the Crimson Barbarians?" Questioned Blazing Shield with his voice going slightly tensed.

Wheatly Field didn't replied.

"I don't care what the old fool say, Im goi-"

"He shall succeed! I know it!" Abruptly said Wheatly Field with confidence.

"He shall defeat Axe Helm and end his reign of terror once and for all!" Continued the villager.

Blazing Shield just stared at the villager. What possessed for the villager to say such words confused the guard captain. It was as hope still lingered for the small villager. Something that Blazing Shield lost years ago.

"...I hope he truly does..." Quietly uttered Blazing Shield.

~~~

Axe Helm the Ruthless. That was his name, well title name to be precise. It's not original, but the near mention of that name can strike fear into any ponies from the North and South. All of Axe Helm comrades must refer him by his title. The only ponies though that know about his real name is himself and ponies who are crow's meat.

It was just gonna be another day for Axe Helm. Go and pillage villages. That was all to him, even his mark on his flank shapes of a axe. That was all to a barbarian life at least. Land, power, mares, food and a bit of treasure at times.

He and his thirty comrades prepared themself as they approached the village which is now in view. Axe Helm knew he was strong, but he know that having comrades makes him stronger. But not in a friendship way. As long as they follow his orders, then he considered them comrades of his clan. Does that can't even fight or obey, should be left for dead.

As Axe Helm held his most trusted axe by his side, called Bloodcutter; still covered in dried blood, he yelled a mighty roar and charged towards the gate of the tiny village. If only he knew that today was going to be very different for him.

One lone pony stood by the front of the gates as some sort of brave protector. Oh how many ponies try and stood against the mighty barbarian only to end their life's so short. It was amusing to Axe Helm; the thought of any ponies with any form of hope that dare stand in his way only to get trampled on.

Axe Helm gave a motion to his comrades which messages 'this one is mine'.

As Axe helm swung his bloody axe towards the frail unicorn. He however, was met with an unexpected retaliation by the unicorn as the unicorn dodged the deadly axe, Bloodcutter, and took Axe Helm down to the ground with a quick swoop across his legs. That was enough for Axe Helm to drop his loyal axe. The surprised barbarian was even more well surprised when the elderly unicorn held him down with force.

"Ah, I see you using some sort of gravitional spell on your hoofs you bloody bastard!" Grunted Axe Helm as he looked down at the unicorn hoofs.

"Good eye you have there but you shan't be harming no pony no more, monster of the South!" Uttered the unicorn as he stood on top of Axe Helm. The unicorn horn began to glow a vivid blue colour.

"Hah as if your puny magic can stop me! Beside, what you going do when my comrades attack your pathetic village?" Mocked Axe Helm.

"They won't," Assured the unicorn. "I be sure to be rid of you and your league of evil once and for all! To Tarturus you go!"

With those finishing words, the unicorn blasted his charged up magic and all went black for Axe Helm.

***

"Ugh what in the bloody gods happened?" Grunted Axe Helm once he awoken. The land around the barbarian confused him as he was in a far different place then he previously was before. It felt peaceful, too peaceful actually. Something the barbaric pony have not experience in a long time.

"Where in the world is that freaking unicorn? I be sure to make his death far gruesome!" Angrily cursed Axe Helm as he got up. Luckily for him, his trusty Bloodcutter got teleported with him. Just as he got up though, he noticed a small town ahead of him. It didn't really took him long to figure out what to do now as he smiled menacingly,

"Time for pillaging and plundering!"

Comments ( 6 )

Where did you get the title picture?

Dat short description.

A time traveling teleportation spell sends Axe Helm beyond his own time. A time where barbaric actions no longer exist, a time of harmony. It doesn't matter to him, as long as there be villages to plunger.

I now have this hilarious image of a pony running about the town with a plunger in his mouth, trying to plunge the populace of their money and broken toilets.:rainbowlaugh:

The moment i saw the picture i thought it waas Simon from the Yogcast

5165732
I drew it myself~ :3

5165750
Haha whoops :twilightsheepish: I go fix that~
A pony plungering a town of its broken toilets? Yeah that can make a short yet hilarious story xD

5166598
Oh yeah, it kinda does actually :pinkiegasp:

Login or register to comment