• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 1,778 Views, 76 Comments

Fullmetal Pony - clearshot01



Guy gets knocked out, wakes up in Equestria, as a pony, missing what used to be his right arm

  • ...
2
 76
 1,778

Alterations

Hello everybody. Sorry I haven't been updating this for ages, but I wasn't able to think up anything to write, and I didn't put it on hiatus cause I kept assuming I would come up with something the next day. Obviously that didn't happen. Anyway, I have an announcement to make. I'm gonna be rewriting the story. There's not gonna be any major changes to the chapters I've already done, mostly I just plan on maybe merging some chapters, adding some new ones trying to, as has been suggested, add depth to the characters and the relationships between them. If anyone has any ideas for the story, the link to the folder I keep them in is here

Comments ( 13 )

1231536 I'm on Steam, look up clearshot01, and the one who helped me write it is Chris, aka Applebucker22. My other friends on the RE Wiki helped me when I asked for OCs. They told me what their ocs looked like, what kind of weapon they wielded, and of course, what kind of personality they had. Anyway, if you ever want help, look us up and I'll help you. I can't be completely sure about Chris, but he's a nice guy, I believe he'd be willing to help.

1784894 Thanks. I'm actually going through the original chapters on Google Docs and making minor edits, trying to make it more descriptive and so on and so forth. I also planned to add some chapters after New Living Arrangements where they actually meet more characters besides Celestia and The Mane 6, but my co-author and I agreed to have them added to the sequel instead.

1785058 That particular spelling is pronounced May-Uv.

2805470 Understood. Make sure to remind me until I get it done.

2805565 Right. Do remember this was my first attempt, and my only experience in writing anything was English essays in school, in which I was always told the same thing. 'Large paragraphs all the way'. I've sort of improved a little if you look at my other stories, though I still have problems with quite a few aspects of creative writing. I'm studying though, for the sake of improving the quality of my stories...

2805656 Thanks for the suggestions. It definitely beats the comments most people leave on a story just telling them they suck. At least you have the decency to say where I can improve.

2805675 ...Who would do that? Most people can recognize a good idea, but improving something makes it more enjoyable for everyone. The ideas in question aren't the best I've see, but they certainly aren't the worst. The ideas in question need to be looked at more, both in the story itself, and how the story describes them. You don't want an OP-Sue for a main character, and the only way to truly fix that is to develop the character and his abilities over a long period of time, focusing in on the aspects that made the character discover who they truly are. If I just said the story sucks, that wouldn't tell the writer anything, and it wouldn't improve the over-all quality of anything. Most stories I do read, (and record), have great ideas, and only small parts in need of editing, if at all. I've read stories that focus on timeline, and others on description, and some who don't follow any sense of reason in how the character reacts to something. I've read villains, and anti-heroes, Moral Superheroes, and just plain idiots. Each way a person describes their character is unique, and each is a work in progress. So, I'm sorry for this tirade, but if I said something sucked every time I didn't like it, I'd never see it addressed in a way/s that could improve it for me, and everyone else.

Your friendly 'Neigh'borhood Critic and HIE/GB Connoisseur,
ISA,
or,
IkioSTAR the STARborn.

2805797 Thanks dude. I appreciate your honesty.

2805827 *thumbs up*

I read this so long ago, it was like the second fic I ever read here, and I plan to re-read it sometime soon.
Have a like:pinkiehappy:

4458816 Thanks. I hope I can get some inspiration to come back and finish this one, as well as my other stories... I also need to work on my writing skills, so the stories will most likely be edited, don't know how heavily yet. I keep the original chapters on a Google Doc.

5611689 Actually, an editor would be welcome, since I'm trying to get back into creative writing.

Login or register to comment