• Published 4th Sep 2014
  • 1,352 Views, 103 Comments

Swift, Knight of the Wind Chronicles - Windy Swift



Michael Winds was just the average teen, until the day he got super powers from a lightning bolt which turned his life upside down. When school starts back up, will he be able to handle his new double life or be dragged into a pit of solitude

  • ...
17
 103
 1,352

Chapter 8: A new schedule

The next morning Mike had arose from another fearful nightmare but had gotten over it quickly. After he cleaned himself up, got dressed, and ate breakfast he was about to get his things school but remembered about the robo call from last night so he ran up to his room. “Alright, let's get to work.” He said with slight smirk on his face.

He sits at his desk and closes his eyes to concentrate, thinking about his gauntlets, their design and size for a bit before he then imagined both within his hands. Then they both just appeared in a flash of light within Mike's grasp and sets them on his computer table, repeating the process of the bag of gemstones from that powered the Metal mutts. Pulling out a box of tools, he begins to think. “Alright let’s see if I can get this to work.” He removes the battery and pulls out a gemstone that matches the size of the battery and puts it into the battery compartment with some rubber wading wrapped around it and secured the wrap with duct tape so both the top and bottom are exposed and closed the compartment. ”Please don’t explode, please don’t explode.” He pressed the button to turn the gauntlet on hesitantly, then nothing happened. ”What the?” Mike hits the the tool with his palm and it turns on, glowing a little. ”Great it work, now for a test it.” the young man puts the gauntlet on and picks a bottle from the table. “Grapel test in 3, 2, 1.” The young man throws the bottle up and aims his arm at the target and clenches his palm twice in quick succession to trigger the firing mechanism but then his phone rings making him jerk his arm as it fired and missed, hitting the wall. “Who could be calling me this early in the morning?” The young man asked himself asked himself as he went to the nightstand to retrieve the phone.

He picks up the device and reads the number as the contact reads ”Pinkie” Mike raises an eyebrow before answering. “Hello?”

“Heya Mikey, how’s it going?” The girls asked joyfully.

“I’m just fine, besides the part where i found out that one: you have my phone number and two: I have have you as a contact in my phone.”

“Oh right I forgot to mention that I took your phone to add you as a contact on mine and to add myself to yours.”

“You could have asked me but besides the point why are you calling so early?” He asked.

“Well I was wondering if you would ill wanna join the others at Sugar Cube Cafe later?”


“Sure, what time should i be there?” He looks at his watch to check the time.

“Oh around 3 hours from now.”

“yeah, I may arrive a little late but I’ll be there.”

“Great, We’ll see you then!” Pinkie Smiled from her side of the conversation.

“Alright Pinks bye.” Mike said before hanging up, the gauntlet making a buzzing noise before he whacked it again to make it stop before making it vanish along with the bag of gems . “Alright now that Swift has been seen during the day, might as well get to work now.” Mike unlocked his door and headed down stairs and patted Giz on the head and waving to his mother before heading out and heading towards the city but stops in a secluded alley way near the edge of the suburbs to change his outfit. “Alright lets party!” he said in his altered voice as he ran towards and up the wall to grab a windowsill and turn to leap off and run up the adjacent wall and grabbed onto a pipe that lead to the rooftop and hastily climbed it and ran to the adjacent side of the building. Swift pressed a few buttons on the topside of the gauntlet and and pressed two fingers against his earpiece. “Time to check in on the radio chatter.”

After about a couple minutes of scanning the Knight got a response that caught his attention. ~We got a reports of a 10-32 at Bogg Avenue over~.

“A person with a gun, well bogg isn’t too far from here. Time to clock in.” Swift said as he dove off the building and fired a grapple at the side of the building which pulled him along the wall to run along it and around the corner towards the crime in a green blur.

-Two Hours and Fifty Minutes Later-

Swift had just detained an unconscious criminal with his restraint disks followed by catching the enclosed fist from another goon who had tried to throw a punch at him while he wasn’t looking, yet these weren’t any other criminal s no, they were Diamond Dogs. The Knight was perplexed when he saw this group were trying to sell weapons to other criminals but now he could get some answers so he held the brown suited man up by his grey bullet proof vest and spoke in a more menacing tone. “What is your gang still doing around here? If you didn’t catch the news R0V is Behind bars by yours truly.”

”I have nothing to say to a kid.” The thug defended weakly.

Swift rolled his eyes before summoning his sword against the dog’s throat “Then I’m pretty sure the no one would miss you when you’re gone.” he replied grimly

“You wouldn’t.”

“Try me.”

“O-Okay we’re still around but not as big as before just simple thugs for hire and I’m pretty sure the new boss wouldn’t try the same trick twice but that’s all I know I swear!!” he revealed desperately.

“Thanks for the info” the Knight threw the thug against the wall with ease and restrained him with a couple of disks. the criminal try to struggle free but with no avail, Swift chuckles to himself. “Works everyti-“ He said before being stopped my a light beeping coming from his earpiece, pressing it against his ear before speaking in his normal speaking voice. “Hello?”

The Diamond Dog stop struggling to watch the conversation to play off from Swift’s side.

“We already talked about -. Yes I told you i could- Wait party canon??”

crooked chuckled at the vigilante’s annoyance.

“Let me stop you there, You called me like a billion times in the past 2 hours and I already agreed . I also understand that I have less than 10 minutes but I already told you that i might run late and you calling is only gonna making me waste more time now I’ll be there in about 13 after, 7 if I’m fast enough okay? Alright, sorry that i kinda lashed out like that. Okay, no harm no foul. Bye.” Swift noticed that the thug was watching “You heard nothing.” He said before climbing out of the alley and running over to the Cafe.


The Knight had dropped down from the fire escape in the alley besides Sugar Cube Cafe changing back as he landed. Looking around for anyone watching, Mike smiled and ran around the corner and into the building. He walked up to the counter where a light blue toned woman with light crimson hair smiling eagerly at him as he approached.

"Welcome to Sugar Cube Cafe. What can I do for ya?" She greeted

"Yes would you know where a Pinkie Pie is, she wanted to meet up with me here." The teen asked.

"Oh Pinkie just got on break, she just went up to her work room with a few friends." The woman responded as She pointed to the door besides the counter. "she said she was waiting for someone so you can go on up she's just three doors down to the right but try to keep the noise down my children are taking a nap."

"Okay thank you mam."

"No problem, and everyone just calls me Mrs. Cake."

Alright then Mrs. Cake, the name is Michael Winds, you can call me Mike by the way and thanks again. He said before going through the door that Mrs. Cake pointed out. When he climbed the stairs behind the door and quietly walked past the first two doors and entered the third room to find Pinkie and Twilight we're standing at a table with a blue Canon atop of it but both were staring at the teen.

"Hiya Mikey!" The pink haired girl said gleefully as she wrapped her arms around him in a tight bear hug.

"Pinkie, my lungs. I wanna breathe." He said causing her to release him."

"Sorry, it won't happen again I promise ." Pinkie apologized.

"It's fine Pinks. So what do we have here?" The teen asked not specifying anyone in general .

"well Pinkie has been having problems with her party cannon and she wanted both of us to try and help find how to fix it but while you were running late I believe I figured out the major problem after she gave me a test run.” Twilight informed him.

“Let me guess, too much gun powder to work with the wadding to protect the confetti and balloons?”

“Well that and that she also puts too much party decorations in there but how did you figure that out “ she asked intrigued.

Michael began to do a walk around of the table as he examined the cannon in finer detail. “Well to just looking at the cannon itself is both small and the barrel is fairly thick so the space within the barrel is pretty small. So from there I guessed was that Pinkie wanted a lot of confetti and whatnot to be shot at a longer distance so she I guessed that Pinkie added more powder and party favors to compensate with her desired expectation of performance right?” He looked over at Pinkie.

“That’s about it. the girl in question nodded. “Does that mean I just have to use less stuff now.”

“Yup, as the saying goes ‘when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.’

“Or make life take the lemons back and get mad.” Pinkie added making twilight confused but didn’t phase the other teen in the room.

“Thanks for the words of wisdom Johnson, but besides that if there’s nothing else you need I’ll just be going.” he said as he began to walked to the door before Twilight spoke.


“Where are you going?” She asked.

“As we have a few days before school I’d just want to get ahead by studying, like a lone wolf y'know.”

“will you be able to meet up tomorrow Mikey?” Pinkie wondered.

“I-I…” He froze momentarily giving it some thought. “I don’t know, I’ll give you a call if I'm open but i may be too busy the next couple of days, but I will see you at school okay?” They both nodded. “Alright, I’ll see you guys and the others around I guess.” He said one last time before closing the door behind him leaving Pinkie and a Pondering twilight.

“Was I just like that when i first met you guys?” Twilight asked her pink friend.

“pretty much yeah.” Pinkie responded with no subtlety in her voice making Twilight rub the bridge of her nose.

To Be Continued

Author's Note:

hey guys just a heads up but the next chapter will have some action and start a new arc so stay tuned because wake boarding will ensue :moustache: