• Published 4th Sep 2014
  • 1,352 Views, 103 Comments

Swift, Knight of the Wind Chronicles - Windy Swift



Michael Winds was just the average teen, until the day he got super powers from a lightning bolt which turned his life upside down. When school starts back up, will he be able to handle his new double life or be dragged into a pit of solitude

  • ...
17
 103
 1,352

Chapter 4: Meanwhile in Equestria

-Equestria, earlier that day-

A white coated alicorn with a long mane consisting of sparkling pink, blue, green, and light cobalt blue mane waited outside her sister's quarters, waiting for Luna to give her news on the visit. The door slowly opened with the princess of the night trudging through the door. "Are you alright sister?" The elder sister asked.

"I'm fine Tia, my head just aches and my back does as well." Luna said as she rubbed the back of her neck with her hoof.

"That is good to hear Luna, so how did things go with the Knight?"

"For a 15 year old he is very strong, has some combat experience, oh and I may have 'given him' the skills of a master swordsman. He can use that blade he created out of scraps."

"Oh really now, did you two really become friends that easily?"

Luna shrugged "Who knows, all I just did was give him the knowledge I've learned about that fighting style."

"So thats why you borrowed Twilight's copy of 'An Eggheads Guide to Video Game Fighting Styles' for a week, anyway I wanted to see if should wanted to tell Twilight and her friends about him?"

Luna gave the idea some thought "Michael said that he he wanted to keep his alter-ego a secret so I think it would be best if we only told them about the knight and not Mr.Winds himself to respect his wishes. "

"Very well I did want to show him in action anyway."

"Well you're in luck big sister, remember that there is a battle he must fight is in the near future."

"Splendid, I will send a letter to Twilight once I rise the sun sister, you will need you rest for when the elements arrive." The Princess of the sun obligated

"Thank you older sister, I will see you all then." And with that Luna returned to her quarters and the celestial ruler left for her throne room.


We now shift the scene to another royal quarters, the purple sheets rustle as a lavender alicorn underneath shifts uncomfortably as the sunlight glared onto the covers, attempting to get some extra sleep due to the time of day with the sun just passing the horizon line when there was knocking at the pony's door with a male voice following. "Twilight, you need to get up!"

The alicorn groaned. "Spike, spreading the magic of friendship or whatever I have to do doesn't start until 10:35, at least give me 5 more minutes, I'm still sore from-"

"Don't you dare use that, I'm still sore from fighting Tirek, that was like three months ago that doesn't work anymore. I also got a letter from Princess Celestia for you when I was attempting to eat my breakfast, before it was burnt to a crisp."

With those words Twilight shot up from my bed, with her glowing violet horn she swung the door wide open with her magic. With wide eyes she stared at the purple baby dragon holding onto a scroll with golden seal with a large C on it and asked. "What did say Spike?"

"You got a letter from the princess." He repeated as it was the scroll was taken out of his grasp and was now levitating with a violet aura surrounding it. Twilight opened the scroll and began to read it allowed.

Dear Princess Twilight Sparkle,
My sister and I have discovered information relating to the magical after burst that was resulted when you and the other Elements of Harmony defeated Tirek, and we now request the six of you to come to Canterlot as soon as possible to discuss this information in person.
Sincerely,
Princess Celestia.

"They've finally found something, lets go and get everypony Twilight." Spike said as he began to make his way downstairs .

Twilight sat there couldn't reminiscing about the nightmares that her and her friends been having from time to time. These nightmares were of crying sobs and words such as 'It's all my fault.' , 'Solar is dead.' and 'I killed him.' she really felt bad for who ever this individual whoever he may be.

"Twilight are you okay?" Twilight was shot back into reality with the sight of Spike's head popping into the doorway and a concerned look on his face.

"Yes I'm fine Spike, say wanna go get Pinkie first so we can grab some breakfast? "

"Breakfast would be good Twilight now let's go." He said as he hopped on the alcorn's back. Twilight shrugged and with that she trotted over to the window as she opened it with her magic, extending her wings a she then flew out of her window in the direction of the desired bakery as fast as she could.


Twilight landed right outside a pastry-looking building, Sugarcube Corner, she trotted inside to see a familiar pink party pony working at the counter top. "Good morning Pinkie. "

The earth pony shot up with a wide grin beaming across her face." Morning Twilight, Spike, what can I get'cha?" Pinkie asked gleefully.

"One Saphire Surprise and a Red Rampage please." Twilight said with a loud grumble erupted from the dragon's stomach. "Make that three Sapphire Surprise’s." Spike added

Pinkie giggled. "Okie dokie lokie coming right up." She then grabbed a paper bag with her teeth and placed it on the counter followed by grabbing each desired cupcakes with her hooves and placed them neatly in the bag and handed it to the baby dragon. "Here ya go, that'll be 25 bits Twilight. "

Twilight the used her magic and grabbed the right amount from the bit pouch spike had on him and dropped it into Pinkie's hoof "There you go Pinkie."

"Thanks, so what brings the princess of friendship to this bakery today?"

"I got a letter from Princess Celestia saying the for you and the rest of the girls to come to Canterlot on royal business with me so I came to get you." The alicorn explained.

"Okay, let me go tell Mr. and Mrs. Cake and I'll get Dashie and Applejack for you, alright?"

"Thanks Pinkie, that would be a huge time saver. I will see all of you at the train station in a half an hour." Twilight said as she exited the store.

"Okie dokie Twilight see ya!"


Within that time frame Twilight and Spike had gotten Fluttershy and recently Rarity with Spike now mindlessly follow the marshmallow unicorn like a shadow , actual hearts in his eyes and a spinning tail that seemed to act as a propeller that pushed him forward. As they trotted towards the station Fluttershy was just walking a little behind the love bird praying that her animal friends would be alright with Discord looking over them while Rarity was contemplating what designs she would use for her autumn line which was just around the corner. Twilight however was in deep thought, remembering what happened before they had saved Equestria, again.


“How is this possible. You have no magic!” The black and red centaur questioned, shocked towards the sphere of light which he had attempted to destroy it with his blast of magic with no avail. Inside the sphere were the elements of harmony which had taken different forms, each with large mane and tail which had added highlights and marks that looked like similar to their cutie marks located on their hooves, beside their cutie mark and under their eyes. The pegasi and one lavender alcorn's wings were colored to match their new or original mane styles. A certain cow pony among the six had an alteration to her hat which now had a large apple emblem attached to it. They all had determination in their eyes staring down the beast before them, Equestria’s fate lay on all of their shoulders.
“Your wrong Tirek, I may have given you my alicorn magic, but I carry within me the most power most magic of all!” Twilight declared from within the sphere which fired a violet beam, then pink, followed by blue, orange, white, and finally yellow. when the six beams fused however the result had fired off a green beam of magic emitted off the fusion and flew upward into the sky. After being shot with the beam, Tirek screamed as he began to shrink,losing all his power as if it never existed to begin with as he returned to his frail, weakened state, with pale colors, and reappeared in his cage within Tartarus, being guarded by cerberus.

With Tirek defeated the girls now took their gazes upon the green bolt, which had created a ripple effect in the sky and disappeared into plain sight. “What in the name of Equestria was that?” Applejack asked.

“We can figure that out later AJ.” Rainbow Dash said. “For now we need to focus on saving Equestria… again.”

“She’s right Applejack we can figure that out later.”Twilight joined in.”we have no time to lose.” all the girls nodded as they then split up into three teams of two in order to return everypony in Equestria to their original state.


“Twilight, what are y’all thinkin about?” Applejack asked as twilight was thrown back into reality.she saw all of her friends Spike, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie staring at her with concern as she just realized they had arrived at the station. “It’s fine girls, I was just thinking.”

“About that green magic when we defeated that ruffian Tirek, Honestly dear the princesses said that they were looking into it.” Rarity said

“But that’s the thing Rarity, we could have helped them but they didn’t let us in they were so stern about it like they were hiding something.”the mane six fixated their eyes in the direction of the sound of a horn, the type that a train uses to be exact.

“Well there’s our ride, only one way to find out.” Rainbow started. “Thats why the princesses called us to Canterlot right Twilight?”

“I’ll tell you once were in the private train car reserved exclusively to royalty.”

“That seems nice.” Fluttershy commented

“Being royal can be really useful at times.” Twilight commented as they entered the train.

-Back at Canterlot High in the present-

“Now we initiate ‘Phase 3’.” the dog-based armored man said.

“You already said that and ooh why are you here and what is phase 3? “the pink party girl said with confused looks on everyone faces.

“No I didn’t I jus-argh quiet you!” R0V Demanded.

“Or you’ll do what y-you ruffian!” Rarity questioned only to be answered with R0V placing his metallic claw up against her throat.

“I said stay quiet.” he said in a menacing tone. “Or else thing are gonna get messy and not in a dirty kind of way you little prissy pony.”

“A pony how ridiculous, but maybe I’d look cute as a pony.” She thought.

“You won’t get away with this my bro-” Twilight started before SweetieBelle interrupted her. “Yeah the Knight of the wind will stop you!” Twilight sighed. “That guy can’t be trusted, he should just let the police take care of this.”

“Oh that's what I’m counting on kid.” he said as he once again continued to laugh maniacally.

-A few moments ago-

Mike entered the bathroom looking around, he checked everywhere if there were any signs of life, lucky for him there was none. He entered a stall with a ventilation shaft above it. The tan teen looked at his watch. “Alright their lives depend on me, but what buffy said, they wouldn’t go this far as to just get a whole deposit of gems thats not the DD’s style from what I’ve learned in the last three months of taking on their gang. They’re more of a ‘take by force’ kind of gang, there must be something bigger going on.” He thought as his eyes soon widened as realization struck him like a lightning bolt. “They’re after the Knight, great I can tell that AJ doesn’t trust me, Twilight possibly suspicious, also the CMC know I’m insecure about my past, and now it’s my fault that they're all in danger, yay me.” Mike then turned the head of this watch, his entire body engulfed in a dull light ,dimmed away to be replaced by his green and orange suit with the hood over his head. He then extended his arm and he fired the grappling hook from his gauntlet,it attached perfectly. “no one will die due to my actions, not again.” With little to no effort due to his enhanced strength, he pulled the grate off the ceiling,catching it before it hit there floor, “I just hope i can get there before anyone gets hurt.” He thought as he climbed up into the ventilation shaft and proceeded to crawl towards the lunch room, as he looked at his screen on his left gauntlet which was showing a map of the ventilation system. “good thing it’s easy to hack into the school’s servers or i’d never find my way to the cafeteria without the building schematics.”


-Back in Equestria, about fifteen minutes before the DD attack-

“so y’all the one who had the nightmare this this time am a’h right Twi?” Applejack had asked as the mane six plus one baby dragon got off the train.

“And also the reason why we’re here in Canterlot right Twilight?” Rainbow Dash added.

“Why yes she is.” a booming voice said which caused the six ponies to turned to see Princess Luna standing in front of the station, she cleared her throat. “My apologies I still tend to do that from time to time.”she said in a quieter tone.

Everyone gasped in surprise “Princess Luna What are you doing here?” Twilight asked.

“Please Twilight, Luna is just fine since you are Royalty after all, now as per your question I’m here to personally escort you all to our meeting place, now let us be on our way since we have keep you in the dark.” The princess said as she proceeded to trot in the direction as the others followed with Pinkie giggling to herself “Heh dark, like the night.” she mumbled as she sped up to keep at the same pace as her friends.


After the 8-minute walk, group were Now in Canterlot Castle, home to the rulers of Equestria. The five ponies, two alicorns, and one baby dragon were standing outside the throne room. Luna turned around and said “ I am sorry Spike but you are not to be permitted to be with us during the meeting, its for the Elements only.“ The dragon sighed in disappointment of not joining the others not wanting to dishonor the Princess’ wish he simply replied “Yes Your highness, you guys will know where I’ll be when we have to go home.” He then took his leave and proceeded to the exit of the castle. “Where is he going?” Luna asked curiously

“Donut Joe’s coffee shop, it’s not far from here so he should be fine.”Twilight replied.

“So um Princess Luna, Where is Princess Celestia?” Fluttershy asked.

“She is right inside the throne room, now shall we?” Luna said as she opened the doors with her cobalt blue aura revealing, an empty throne room.

“Y’all were sayin’ princess?” Applejack asked. “Yeah I doesn’t look like Princess Celestia was even here.” Rainbow dash added.

“Oh Tia.” the diarch mumbled “She must be keeping an eye on him.”she said, frustrated.

“Princess, who is this ‘he’ that you're speaking of?” Rarity confused of who this stallion was.

“Oh, I didn’t know Celestia had a coltfriend!” Pinkie said cheerfully

“Pinkie!” Everyone shouted aside from Luna. ”What?”

“No, that’s not what it is Pinkie Pie.” Luna said causing the six mares to stare at her. “ Now as you all know the event of the green bolt when you were battling Tirek yes.” everyone nodded their heads in response. “Well as soon as we returned to Canterlot from your celebratory victory we went to work and were able to find the source of the magic.”

“Wait , so your telling us that you and Celestia found the magic bolt 3 months ago and decided to tell us now?” Twilight asked.

“Yes and we both felt so bad for keeping all of you in the dark but we can only give you limited information at this time, we can however finish our conversation in our secret area with my sister.” The princess of the night said as her horn glistened in cobalt blue along a section of flooring which the mares were staring at the moment. The sound of a mechanism unlocking followed by said flooring to pushing down and splitting the seamless tile floor in two as the sections slid away from each other as blinding white light did its normal thing by momentarily blinding the main six.when the light dissipated all there was underneath was a stairwell leading into the depths of the castle.Everyone stared in awe for a moment, then Twilight was first to speak. “I’ve never seen this before,when was this added?” she asked.

"When we found the magic we had this secret room built to monitor it from time to time, now come we wanted all of you to see it for yourselves.” Luna said as she trotted down into the torch lit stairwell with the mane six in pursuit.

Celestia was sitting in a recliner, nothing special about the chair whatsoever as she munched on her popcorn. She sighed, just watching someone crawling through an air vent was pretty boring and not being able to see anything except the light emitting off the knight’s gauntlet She wanted action, a battle, a fight between foes. The white alicorn’s horn began to glow a light gold the screen on the wall which made the room look like an in home theater changed to light amber girl with crimson and yellow striped hair and cyan eyes. She was wearing a magenta T-shirt with the symbol of a sun with ying-yang effect of its red and yellow,over the shirt was a black gangster jacket. Her skirt”s color was a majority of orange a yellow and magenta stripe on the side, her boots were also black with magenta design on the front. the girl was tied up in a darkened portion of of the Canterlot High cafeteria. “What is with Sunset Shimmer and being alone in darkened areas?” The emotion of depression and sadness plastered on Sunset’s face. Celestia felt bad for her former student and unicorn since she had since she had exiled her as her student and left to that world through the portal that her teacher made , possibly in an outrage she didn't know for certain. Now all she could was watch, powerless to do anything and hope Mike even if his tactics can be rough at times but she was still glad that the viewer observers with Equestrian magic or DNA. It was harder to do for Shimmer since she had access to the latter but easier to the knight but she didn’t know why, all she concluded it to was that the strength of the magic of friendship strengthen the connection.

The princess of the day then heard multiple hoofsteps approaching so she changed the ‘channel’ back to the Knight, put the bucket to the side, and got up causing the hoofsteps to stop due to noticing the princess from Celestia’s height.The princess walked around on of the multiple chairs and saw that the mane six were bowing for her, even twilight and the exception being Luna. “I thought we talked about this, especially you Twilight, you’re a princess there is no need” Celestia said, causing the mares to get up.

”So princess,” Twilight started.” Three months?”

This caused the Diarch of the sun to chuckle sheepishly before returning to her normal facial feature of being formal. “Yes Twilight, And I am sorry about holding all of you back from this information . She said apologetically. “But now we are able to give you the information about where the bolt went.”

“So where did it go, huh, huh,Huh?” Pinkie pie asked curiously.

“Well Twilight did do some research on this, when she was still my student.” The princess then cleared her throat before continuing. “The bolt, was able to break the dimensional barrier and ended up in a alternate universe where everypony in in this dimension is another race entirely called ‘humans’ and other things like dragons being dogs.” this brought everyone but the diarchs to gasp.

“So Lyra was right! They do exist,” Rainbow started. “Not here but they exist.”

“That is not all.”Celestia paused in order for the mane six can put all attention on her before continuing. “The bolt did strike one of these humans as the ‘he’ we kept referencing to.” once again the mares gasped. “No need to fret he is alive and very well, in fact it gave him powers that would be classified as unrealistic to any human there.” The six sighed in relief.

“But that is where the reason why we kept you in the dark comes in.” Luna stared as she got up next to her sister. “The bolt led to the events of this young man’s brother’s death which he blames himself over it.” Once again, the six gasped this time with Rarity falling back onto a certain gold and red velvet couch unlike the seats in the room that came out of nowhere.

The sisters stared at the unicorn wondering where the couch came from before Rainbow Dash spoke up. “Don’t mind her, she always has her ‘drama couch ’on standby somehow.”

“Okay but other than that, we were able to come in contact with him last night and he is smarter than we thought and came to the conclusion that someone did this to him, thus he blames all of you for his sibling’s death.” now the six stared at the rulers with guilt and Pinkie’s hair deflated like a untied balloon and her became strait as a line.

“But do indeed take this with a grain of of salt,” Luna started causing the mare’s guilt to turn into a blank expression as they waited for Luna to continue. “His emotions bested him as we talked, so he probably didn't mean it.” With that note, Pinkie’s hair re-inflated and a large grin was on her face once more and said “Okie dokie lokie!”

“But what If he isn’t?” Twilight asked.

“Oh Twilight this isn’t as different than the time when your emotions got the best of you when your were going to be tardy.” Pinkie beamed.

“In a way, Pinkie does have a point darling.” Rarity added.

“Well, i guess you are right Pinkie.” Twilight said, looking at Fluttershy who seemed to be staring at the wall behind the princess’. “What are you staring at Fluttershy?” She asked causing the other everyone to stare at the wall.

“theres a light on that wall twilight But there is no torch there I was just wondering that is, if thats okay with everypony.” Flutters said try to find the source of light.
“Kinda reminds me of a scene in a Daring Do Book, can't remember which one though.” Dash added

“That Fluttershy is how we keep an eye on the young man, we are actually watching him as we speak.”Luna explained.

“You know Princess Celestia,” Applejack started. “Y’all never told us who this guy is.”

“Oh my, I seem to have forgot about about that, Everypony meet the Knight of The Wind!” Celestia said as she gestured to the wall which suddenly went black

“Oh come on!” The eyes of the mane six widen to the man’s voice. “Out of all the time in the world to run out of juice, why did it have to be now?” the voice asked itself.Celestia was quick to notice the mare’s expressions and asked “What is wrong My little ponies?”

“Well Celestia, the thing is...:”Twilight was going to say, before a pink blur whizzed right in front of her.

"Oh it’s been terrible, every once in a while we’ve been having these dreams, not like a chocolate milk river dream but a big scary mechanical bear attempting to cease your life with help from others kind of dream! well my perspective of the dreams were like that.” pinkie said very quickly. Celestia and Luna listened, taking in all her randomness. “Go on Pinkie.” Luna said.
Pinkie’s expression stiffened as she then inhaled enough air to fill a hot air balloon saying. “In the dream we all hear this saying some very scary and dark things, and that voice is his! It’s pretty crazy I know but Is there a connection?”

Luna was taken aback by Pinkie’s seriousness yet answered firmly. “It’s quite alright, the Knight had a nightmare last night, It most likely occurs whenever he has nightmares.” The light was restored and now brighter than it originally was. The mares were now able to see Mike donned in his suit with the hood over his head, tapping the screen a few times and sighed. “I really need to find a new power source, Batteries aren't gonna cut it.” He said quietly. The knight checked his screen once more as he smirked. “Here we are, now to double check my equipment.”

“Heh, he’s perfect for you Twilight.” Rainbow teased causing Twilight to blush and Applejack to hit Dash in the foreleg with her hoof, resulting in an “Ow.”

“Voice Modulator,” he said as he pressed on something on his ear which no one could see what and proceeded to speak. “Testing, testing 1. 2. 3.” He said in a tone deep enough that it sounded only a little like his original voice but enough that it was different all the same. “Check, Sword,” he then stretched out his hand with a flash of light appeared a simple sword about the length of his arm that l looked like it was made out of multiple metals welded together, which it was.

“That weapon is hideous!”Rarity declared, still lying on the drama couch. “I mean the multiple metals Just don’t clash together!” She was about to continue before Michael began to speak.

“Crappy but check, don’t worry girls I won’t let any of you get hurt because of me, not again and I’ll do anything to make that doesn’t happen.” the way he said that sentence coldy brought a chill down everyone's spine, including the Diarchs.

“That doesn’t sound good sister, What do we do sister?” Luna asked, concerned.

“We will only have to let this play it out sister.” Celestia said as she looked at the mane six, noticing Fluttershy staring at her uncertainly. “What’s wrong Fluttershy.”

“Oh um, I was just going to uh ask if the Knight of the wind was a good person.” she said.

“Oh yes dear Fluttershy he is, it’s just that he is emotionally conflicted.”

“And why is that Princess, he sounds, well evil.” Rarity said

“How about this Rarity, If your friends’ lives were at risk, and in a way it was your fault that they were in this predicament, how would you react?” Luna asked causing Rarity to go silent. “Just as I thought, I am not trying to be rude here Miss. Rarity I am only trying to make a point.”

“oh It’s quite alright pri-” Rarity was trying to say before a hoof full of popcorn being pushed into her mouth by a golden magical aura.

“Shh, it’s starting! Celestia said giddily as Luna face hoofed due to seeing her sister’s childiish act and Rarity let out an audible, annoyed groan causing the main six and Celestia to chuckle a little.


-Back at Canterlot High-

“Rarity?” SweetieBelle asked.

“Yes Sweetie Dear?” Rarity answered.

“Why are they holding us hostage?” hearing this Rainbow Dash scooted towards the two and said. “Yeah, I was wondering that too.

“I don’t know wh-” Rarity said as a DD member Bursted through the main cafeteria doors as he ran up towards Rover. ”Sir the police are outside with the rest of the students and staff, they want to know our demands.

“Go get a Megaphone from the gym and Tell them we want want all Gems from Carousel Boutique or the kids die Starting with the captain’s sister.”

“Yes sir!” the henchman said as swiftly made his leave.

“And now I do.” Rarity said blatantly as Twilight gave Rover a strange look.

“There is something isn’t right here.” She thought, so she began to shout. “Hey Rover right? Over here!”

This got Rover’s attention, getting him to walk like a dog over to Twilight staring daggers at her when he stopped and barked. “ That’s R0V to you and don’t you forget it! Now what do you want Sparkler?”

Twilight ignored the mechanical dog-man’s insult and continued. “You're going this far just to get some lousy gems from Rarity’s Parent, no offense Rarity, or is there something else going on.” before R0V could respond Rarity replied. "Non taken darling."

R0V Chuckled. “Smart girl, well if you must know we are trying to-” Rover was then interrupted by a crash followed by a thud. everyone turned to see a young man wearing a green hood, shirt, orange pants, and two-toned red shoes kneeling on an unconscious Diamond Dog member as a multi-metal, blunt blade flashed into his hand. He looked up with only illuminated purple eyes and a sneered mouth visible he said in a deep, menacing voice. “Mind If I drop In?” As his Eyes flashed a bright green.

“That is not good at all.” Princess Celestia thought aloud as both Pinkies said "That, was pretty terrible."

To Be Continued

Author's Note:

Finally It's Done! :twilightsmile: Reach For the Elements of Harmony (Sonic Colors X MLP) remix by Delta Brony. :rainbowdetermined2:

GREAT! Now we can have that party, right Windy?

No Pinkie I still need to do chapter 5.

Aww... :pinkiesad2:

Don't worry we'll have that party soon enough, by the way, Where's GS4?

Oh, his number was picked for the fun dungeon again but he went into hiding when he got the news. :pinkiesmile:

So That's why he keeps saying he is busy, anyway I'll see you guys later , Pinkie and I have some GS4 hunting to do. :pinkiecrazy:

YAY!!!! :pinkiehappy: