• Published 4th Sep 2014
  • 1,352 Views, 103 Comments

Swift, Knight of the Wind Chronicles - Windy Swift



Michael Winds was just the average teen, until the day he got super powers from a lightning bolt which turned his life upside down. When school starts back up, will he be able to handle his new double life or be dragged into a pit of solitude

  • ...
17
 103
 1,352

Prologue: Just an average night (Edited)

The pristine light of white stars and the glow of the moon illuminated the city streets and rooftops of Canterlot city. Two figures clad in black clothing, one was short and scrawny and the other big and buff, stood outside of the door to the carousel boutique. Both were wearing black hockey masks with goggles over their eyes, the short one having grey and the Brute red.

“Hurry Up! I don’t wanna stay out here much longer!” the Buff one demanded in a hushed tone.

“I'm goin' as fast as I can. why are you being so paranoid?” the short one asked as he picked the lock of the backdoor to the store.

“I don’t wanna be here when that knight guy shows up.” Buff answered anxious.

“Come on man, you know that guys a Fa – Got It!” Short said silently. “Lets go and get the stuff and get out.” he said, nonchalantly as they made their way inside.


After searching for a few minutes short had found what they were looking for, a metal box filled to the brim with beautiful gemstones of every shape and size. “Jack Pot! Hey dude I found it now lets get ou-” he was interrupted by a fist slamming into the back of the head. There was a loud crack, and short fell to the floor.

Buff heard the thud of his fallen companion, he ran over to his body to check his pulse, he was still alive. The brute was about to pick up the box of gems when a voice behind him spoke “No, no,no that's not for you.” Buff turned around in afriad to learn the origin of the voice. Behind him stood, a young man with a green hood and a long sleeved shirt of the same color. On his shoulders were light green shoulder pads to match the padding on his chest and elbows, his hands were covered by brown gloves that darker brown padding on the fingers. His pants were a dark orange with lighter orange padding in the knees, the heels of his shoes were red and the front of them was velvet. A white strip went across the middle of the velvet with a yellow buckle. With only his eye and mouth visible on his face, the knight smirked staring down Buff with his illuminated violet eyes.

Buff was terrified. He he fell to his knees pleading, “Knight of th-the Wind! I surrender I'll tell you everything I know just don't kill me please!”

“Why did he give up so easily? He must be new” the hero thought. “Tell me What gang you work for and who's your boss, and maybe I won’t hurt you,” he demanded.

“Our gang's name is the Diamond Dogs and our bosses name is Rover or R0V.”

“Diamond Dogs? So, you guys only steal jewelry. Why are you breaking into a clothing store?” He joked

“We steal Gems, and the owner here embeds them into her work. We were only gonna take some of them.”

The Knight was confused “Some of them, why not all of them?”

“That was part of Phase 1,” Buff said, “In phase 2, we’re gonna kidnap the owners kids and hold them for ransom for the rest of the gems.”

“When!” The Knight got serious.

“T-omorrow on their first d-ay of school at Canterlot High during their lunch period, twelve ten, was when we’re gonna strike.”'

“How does he know all this if he just a low level brute? They must be desperate for manpower,” The Knight thought. “How many of you are there?” he said

“twenty, including the boss, and five robot dogs.”

“Robot dogs? Seriously? Okay then... that’s all the info I need, but I’m still going to have to detain you.”

“But you said you wouldn't hurt me, you lying Vigilante!”

“I wouldn't say vigilante, more like super hero.” the Knight dashed behind Buff and shoved him against the wall. He attached a circular device to his chest. Cables shot out from the device and secured themselves to the wall, trapping Buff against it. As Buff struggled the Knight chuckled “It's no use, those cables are strong enough to hold down a baby rhino,” he said. The knight then put a restraint on short, for good measure. In a flash of light a letter appeared in the knights hand and he placed it on Buff nose saying “Hold on to this for me, would you?”

The hero ran up the stairs and pounded on one of the upstairs doors. The knight ran back downstairs and turned on a light close to the stairs. He made his way toward the door. He stopped and revved up into a green ball of energy on the ground and blasted out the open door. He uncurled and ran up the side of a building as he made his escape into the night.


Rarity was in her room, sleeping peacefully. Suddenly the silence ended with loud knock at her door, confused, she got up, stretched, and turned on her light so she could make her way to the door. When she opened the door, no one was there she was about to close it when she saw a light on downstairs. She walked down asking, “Sweetie dear, were you knocking at my door? I waAAAHHH!!!” Rarity shrieked. Her body stiffened as she looked at her ransacked shop and the diamond dogs still secured to the wall and floor. She found the note the knight left and dialed 9-1-1.


The Knight of the Wind climbed through an open window and landed in what apeared to be an average bedroom. Once inside he slid up his sleeve a little revealing a black watch. Upon twisting the head of the watch, a light engulfed his entire body, when it dissipated he was wearing gray sweat pants and the black watch. Without a shirt, his electrical scar showed. It started on his back, going around his side, and ending on his chest. “That's enough for tonight, I better get some sleep. It's a big day tomorr-” his thoughts were interrupted by a shouting, angry mother bursting into the room.

“MICHAEL WINDS IT IS MIDNIGHT AND SCHOOL STARTS TOMORROW!! GO TO BED THIS INSTANT OR YOUR GROUNDED!!!” she shouted.

“Alright lord and savior.” he muttered.

“WHAT WAS THAT!!!!”

“Nothing, goodnight.” he said as he got into of bed, closed his eyes, and drifted off to sleep.


“Rest now hero,” a caring voice said, as its owner stared into a reflecting pool with the Knight sleeping in the image in it, “You can go see him now sister.”

“But to do that I have to sho-” another voice said only to be cut off.

“We have no other choice.” the first said “His journey begins now.”

Author's Note:

I Hope you enjoyed so far :pinkiehappy:

(Edit) I now have an editor by the Name of GS4 on the website
(Edit 2) Edited by my new editor, kingcranberry

Old EN: Hello all My name is Grant. I'm the story's editor. My job is to fix mistakes! Well I fixed up a few in this chapter I hope you enjoy the edited version