• Published 2nd Sep 2014
  • 3,976 Views, 177 Comments

Brother Bothers - Sketcha-Holic



After meeting Cheese Sandwich's brother and learning about their feud, Pinkie Pie takes it upon herself to help them mend their broken bond. Shenanigans ensue.

  • ...
8
 177
 3,976

Epilogue

It was a chilly fall afternoon, not unlike that of winter, and Tomato Sandwich was just tired. He had just finished the last of his finals, and there had never been a more intense worry gripping his heart. It wasn't that he didn't do that well--he was pretty sure he got a good score on all his tests. His main worry was his score being less than what his mother expected. If he slipped up just a tiny bit--he would never hear the end of it.

He walked across campus, dreading the fact that it was the end of the semester. The end of the semester meant that the students were going back to their families in various cities and towns across Equestria. Cirrus and Nimbus were going to head back to Cloudsdale, and Flora was heading back to Neighton. Bluejinx's family was going to spend the holidays with his aunt Purple Prose in some town called Nickerlite. That meant Tomato was going to be stuck with his parents in a dismal Hearth's Warming Season.

He huffed, his breath visible in the frigid air. "I'm going to take my sweet time packing."

He looked up at the trees he was passing, having gone bare not too long ago. The sky was gray, and there were a few ponies around, most likely nervous about exam results, but also looking forward to spending the holidays with their families. His left foreleg ached, with just a little lingering soreness from the fracture a couple of months before, but it was nothing he couldn't handle.

He noticed one of his professors--a forgetful, elderly, green stallion--and took the time to wave at him. The professor was surprised when he noticed Tomato waving, but he smiled and waved back.

He kept on walking until he reached the dormitory, and once inside, he shook himself in an effort to shake off the cold. "Brr! What a doozy of a cold day!"

He straightened up and headed to his room. He passed few ponies, and those he passed were either in the process of cleaning up or were already heading home. He noticed the smiles on their faces, which held an excitement at going home that he couldn't feel. He sighed with an "Oh, well" tone, and kept on walking to his room.

The room was painted in a soft green color, with a bed and a couple of pieces of furniture. His small fridge was against the right wall, his desk right beside it, and the closet was on the left wall, it's door holding what looked like a dartboard. A bookshelf that also served as his nightstand was beside his bed, holding various novels and textbooks, as well as a lamp on top. The room itself was kept tidy, in contrast to some of the other stallions around here.

The first thing he did was head to his desk, where a couple of letters he had received earlier still lay. He had been too much of a hurry to read them that morning, but now he had the time to read through them.

The first one was from his mother. Of course she was putting the pressure on him to do well or else he'd "end up like his brother."

He scoffed. "Gee, Mom, have you ever thought that he's happy with his occupation?" That led him to wonder how Cheese survived in the winter, since other than the Hearth's Warming Season, ponies were not very inclined to throw parties during the winter. Does he have a winter cabin out there somewhere? He'd have to ask him sometime.

He read on, finding that his parents were not in the mood for city life this holiday season, so they were migrating to somewhere warmer. The letter went on to tell him that Mom had convinced the neighbor to keep an eye on him while they were gone.

He snorted. "Mom, I'm an adult in college. I can take care of our home just fine!" He shook his head. "You never let me live that one failed party down, do you?"

The memory came back to him, and he still remembered the gut-wrenching fear and guilt he felt upon he and his friends having accidentally thrown Cheese's accordion against the wall, and the hurt he felt upon Cheese snapping at him. He was hurt even worse upon finding that he had ran away. Though things between the brothers had gotten smoother recently, he still hated how nopony--Cheese, his mother, and the friends that had been there--had not let him live it down.

He finished his mom's letter, and in the corner, there was a sticky note, scrawled with the classic, "Hey, kiddo," from his dad.

"Hey, look, it's two words this time," he mumbled. He sighed and set them off to the side, and then grabbed the other letter. Upon seeing who it was from, he smiled.

He tore open the envelope, and sure enough, confetti popped out. He laughed, and then pulled the letter out. He went on to read what his big brother had written him.

"Dear Tomato,

"Hello, baby bro! How's college life treating you? I can imagine you're pretty busy with finals--I'm pretty busy with all the the parties being thrown the past few weeks. My Cheesy Sense is driving me crazy!

"Anyway, I had recently met Pinkie's family, since one of those parties was thrown in the town near their farm--and Pinkie herself was helping out. They're a bunch of rock farmers that live down in Nickerlite. I bet you're thinking, 'Where in the hay is that?' Well, I can tell you that it's somewhere on the rail line--I can't pinpoint it's exact location. Anyway, her father's kind of grumpy, but he's at least approachable (he kind of scared me at first). Her mother's the same way, though with a more direct, authoritarian voice... you know, I think I like Pinkie's parents more than ours. Kind of sad, isn't it? And then there are her sisters. Maud was away on a trip to get a rocktorate, so I'm a little disappointed I didn't get to meet her, but Limestone and Marble were nice enough.

"But, hey, I've been thinking of popping on over and dragging you to a Hearth's Warming party. We never had much in the way of Hearth's Warming traditions after Grandma and Grandpa passed away, so I imagine that what was supposed to be the most wonderful time of the year was pretty bleak for you these past several years. I can start a new tradition of grabbing you and taking you to a Hearth's Warming party, so you can get into the mood. How's that sound to you?

"But anyway, I better finish writing this, since Boneless Two just fell into the river. Yikes!

"Your big brother, Cheese"

Tomato chuckled. He didn't need to know what had happened to Boneless Two--unless Cheese suddenly appeared with a Boneless Three and had to explain what happened to Number Two.

Not to mention Nickerlite was where Bluejinx was going--presumably to help with his aunt's print shop there. What a coincidence that the family of Pinkie Pie--who Tomato had to send his letter for Cheese to so that she could pass it on to him with whatever magic she had--lived there. Bluejinx had mentioned many times before that the rock farmers there always had speculation surrounding them.

But Cheese's offer to take him to a Hearth's Warming party was definitely welcome. Spending Hearth's Warming Day with their cranky neighbor who'd treat him as the mischievous eight-year-old he used to be would not be any fun. He had always hated Old Mare Lavender, and was happy to take the chance to get away from her.

But more importantly, it was more brotherly bonding time. Cheese was definitely taking that Pinkie Promise seriously, and was making up for the years of separation, bitterness, and fighting that had tainted both their lives. Tomato himself was lightening up, more than willing to actually laugh at Cheese's antics. Although it would be hard to whip the years of being molded into a calm and somewhat uptight pony out of him, at least Tommy was happier.

He leaned forward, grabbed a pencil with his mouth, and pulled out a blank piece of paper. He wrote down his reply, talking about the finals and how he was done with them, making note of Bluejinx having family in Nickerlite and telling him what a funny coincidence it was that Pinkie's family lived there, and telling him about their parents' trip and how he was going to be stuck with Old Mare Lavender. He finished the letter by expressing that he'd be happy to be dragged to a Hearth's Warming party.

Once satisfied with his letter, he folded it, grabbed a new envelope, and stuck it in. Of course, he remembered to write a little note to Pinkie to send it to Cheese--since it was her address he was sending it to. He grumbled about Cheese's lack of an address and wished that they didn't have this system. He was always suspecting that Pinkie was peeking at his letters.

Once all was said and done, with the letter reading for sending, he nearly put the pencil back in it's holder with the others. However, he glanced back at the dartboard, trying to remember why he had it, but he got an idea.

He spun around, took a deep breath, and then fired the pencil out of his mouth. It flew across the room, zipping in a straight line until it hit the dartboard dead center. Tomato smirked.

"Bullseye."

Author's Note:

The End

Well, well, well! This is the first multi-chapter fic I finished! Come on everypony, let's celebrate! :yay:

But, yeah, as of November 15, 2014, not only is this fic finished, but I can now put Cheese and Tomato's relationship on more positive terms. Of course, they'll still have their squabbles, since we all know that siblings do that (and plenty of you have siblings, I'm sure).

Nevertheless, thank you for reading, and I hope to see you all next time. :pinkiehappy:

Comments ( 51 )

That was a great story. I like the bull's eye at the end. Thanks for having the story end on a positive note. While I'm sad about no more updates, I can say I couldn't think of a better ending. Thanks for writing this.

Great story. This got me into Ask the Disgruntled Tomato Sandwich. One thing I liked about your novella is that Tommy doesn't get along with everypony right away -- and at first he really doesn't like Pinkie Pie. While Pinkie is one of the most likeable Ponies you'll ever meet, not everypony goes for her style.

Tomato Sandwich is a really great character, because he's hostile and sarcastic, but a good Pony underneath. I noticed in the blog that a lot of the fans were shipping him with Flora Peace -- while I see this as a possibility, the real question is not "Why aren't they lovers?" but instead "How does she stand him as a friend?" (The answer, of course, is that she's tough enough when she has to be -- when she goes into "drill sergeant mode" -- that he knows she won't indefinitely put up with his attitude).

In the end, sometimes people just need to sit down and talk. Or ambush their younger brothers at a train station and talk. The point is, proverbs to the contrary, there are times when words mean more than actions. I'm very glad to see this situation resolved and the Sandwich brothers happier for it. Now, if they could only do something about their parents...

Excellent story. Thank you for it.

Hey! This is in the Feature Box!

Hmmm. Cheese has met Pinkie's family. I sense a future story coming along.

Anyway, it's nice to see Tommy and Cheese getting along better, and I like it that he's going to join his brother on the road instead of in Ponyville. It puts the emphasis on them spending time together.

Nice work!

A wonderful ending to a good story! :pinkiesmile: I've really enjoyed reading this story and all of the Cheese & Tomato stories leading up to this one. I like very few OC's, but I really like Tomato! The perfect brother for Cheese.

Hope to enjoy many more stories from you! :twilightsmile:

5273407
I'd say anyone would be a fool to NOT like her but that's me. That's the very things i argued with people on this website and liking pinkie isn't hard if you are a decent human being, but we aren't going to bring moralty into this so how can anyone not like her i just want to know. I didn't think Tommy liked anyone, but his brother and friends I thought he felt everyone in ponyville was incompetent. so are you saying he likes her now? i didn't think he liked anyone since we all know grumpy characters are in permanent annoyed mode and think everyone around them is a fool. Wait that sounds like me....

5273909

He's still irritated with Pinkie at the end, but he's glad that he's reconciled with Cheese, and he knows Pinkie played a major role in that outcome.

Trust me tommy i don't want to go home for the holidays either i cant stand my family so i feel your pain. Really thats pretty sweet and a good ending that means everything is now concluded no more of this fighting its time to join adulthood and be best friends like the rest of us here XD.

5273944
Uh huh thats true but if it werent for her he and cheese would still be trying to go at each other's throats. I still want that snark off between maud and tommy. I just realized something cheesie and tommy are opposites like maud and pinkie. Am I the only who noticed the similarities? Both pinkie and cheese are fun loving while maud and tommy are deadpan snarkers. they both now have a close bond with the other sibling and they both are away from their families but the pies are better parents then the sandwiches.

5273952

Oh, that would be hilarious. Though, actually, they might understand and like each other better than you'd think. They're both monomaniacal (he about business, she about geology), though she's more monomaniacal than he.

5273965
True they would get along wouldnt they? Now that would be a crowning moment heartwarming right there not only do pinkie and cheese get along it would be sweet to see their more serious siblings get along. :scootangel: Do you think its intentional? Because tommy and cheese are reminding me of pinkie and maud.

Comment posted by Drifting Heart deleted Nov 15th, 2014

This was an excellent story, fair author, and I'm fully glad you wrote it. You made me connect with a character I gave little mind to, made me laugh, made my heart tear in two, and I'd say that means a perfect story. Kudos on finishing your first full-chaptered story by the way. I hope to see more of your works in the near future that catch my eye. :pinkiesmile:

5273407 I must have missed those shippers aside from about two or three. :applejackunsure: I'm pretty sure more people ship him with Maud (there was even one person who came up with a fanfoal for them). Frankly, it irritates me because I am not all that fond of Maud.

I'm like "eh, okay, sure" when it comes to most of the shippings that are suggested--some of them end up with pretty funny ship names!

5276923

I actually like Maud, but I really don't think that she and Tomato could fall in love. While they're both monomaniacal, their interests don't cross -- Maud is only interested in geology, and Tommy's (slightly wider but still rather focused) set of interests don't seem to include geology at all. If they wound up kin (owing to Pinkie marrying Cheese) I don't think they would dislike each other (they have no real points of conflict either) but I don't think they'd especially be friends, either.

5276923
Wowie am I sensing a bit of hostility here towards maud. :p I was only joking I don't ship ocs with canon characters. Don't worry I ship him with flora they are much cuter together and have more in common. But like Jordan said I like maud too.

5268997 Oh, I don't think Tomato is completely gruntled, do you? I mean, he's not going to flip his personality a total 180 just because he's getting along with his brother a lot better. And those guys still have some work to do--but they'll get there.

5276923 Yeah, it's a kind of obvious pairing, but I don't think it's necessary. And since you don't really like Maud, it would have a dry "Pair The Spares" feeling to it. Flora and he might make a nice couple and right now they're great as friends.

5276997 I, um--kinda feel the way about Coco Pommel the way I think Sketcha-Holic does about Maud. And I know that's "Gasssp! Heresy! How can you not ADORE Coco?" Well, I don't, and she's basically ok, I guess, but I don't understand the fandom obsession with her, and feeling forced to like her doesn't help. I don't think that's hostility, just "meh--I prefer not to."

I think you asked earlier how I felt about the way Pinkie behaved, was it her fault, etc.--and then maybe you deleted the comment? This is just my opinion. Anyway, yes, I think Pinkie's plan was a terrible idea done with the nicest of intentions, and it could have gone terribly and permanently wrong. It all worked out in the end because

1) that's consistent with the FiM universe, where siblings do work out troubles together, and
2) Sketcha-Holic is writing this story, and she has both a very good grasp of the way the FiM universe works and how to keep things consistent with it, and this is also the way she wanted things to go, and
3) Tommy and Cheese are both fundamentally nice stallions and brothers who have missed each other very badly over the years. Their split was horrible because they loved each other so much (and in a way, really only had each other), but it's also what made reconciliation worth it to them. In the end, both of their lives are better with the other one in it.

Trust me, there are plenty of situations in my own family where the results of shoving together were terrible. In one case, there was child abuse involved the other relatives didn't know about. In another, there is a group of four siblings--three sisters and a brother--and I like all of them. But they're all very high strung, and their mom did a whole lot of "why can't you be like this one or that one" with them, and in short, whenever there's a huge family event, we have to ask if any of them are feuding with any of the others before drawing up a seat chart. And this has been going on for decades.

But FiM is NOT like real life, thank gosh! It's idealized just enough that things work out harmoniously.

Pinkie was quite right to be upset about the violence, though. Anyhow, it's nice that it all worked out.
5276980
5276997 Oh, ho, ho, you guys have no IDEA who I ship Tommy with, but with Sketcha-Holic's permission, you'll find out sooner or later! (In a way that's AU to both our verses, of course.)

5277670

Well, aside from the fact that she's non-canon, I don't think Tommy could start seeing Claire. And she's married -- to five husbands. So I guess she's taken. :trollestia:

I could actually see Tommy going for Marble or Limestone. They're closer to his age. They're also nice, but tough. Of course, everything I said about them is also true of Flora Peace.

Incidentally, after a couple of false starts, I finally put up "Have Some More Pie," the background I've been working on for Cloudy Quartz's siblings.

5277670
I don't like Coco either I found her rather boring and uninteresting but people are going to like what they like after all no matter how annoying the fans of said character can get. Well I thought I was being a bit of a grump and I didnt want to come off some grouchy person who is honest to gaia blinded by their love for pinkie that they think everything she does is good.

The thing is its a good thing FIM isnt the real world because what pinkie did would have made it worse. With a push comes a shove when you try to force people to get along it will cause them to lash out and fight back ending their relationship permanently. I know what you mean about the whole sibling thing me and my brother are always at each other's throats he would holler slurs at me and before you know it we are fighting and my sister has to get between us. I dread going home every year for the holidays for this reason I hate fighting him because I know it hurts my family to see us fight. I still love him though I know he loves me its just complicated I guess that's why this fanfic struck so close to home for me. I can relate to Cheese Sandwich here I really can feel his pain but our fighting got worse than theirs everyone loved him to everyone else i was just his younger brother and a punching bag for the school athletes I was a nobody compared to him and it lead to resentment which lead to us being cold towards each other and sometimes punches are thrown. So in this situation I see pinkie being like my sister who tried to stop the fighting but it continued anyway since there is so much you can do. I don't think Sketcha was trying to make pinkie out to be the bad guy here even if she did come off a bit too strong at least I hope its not her intention....because pinkie has been villainized enough by this fandom. Violence does not solve a dispute at all that is true it only makes things worse but in this case some stuff had to be let out.

Thats awful honestly I am real sorry about your family situation it kinda makes me feel bad when I act like the fights me and my siblings get into as something really really awful when other people have worse off. :fluttercry:

5277766

I think Coco was okay, rather nice but not the world's most interesting character. She struck me as essentially an Expy of Betty Suarez from the American TV series Ugly Betty (her personality is a bit different though in many ways similar in the original version, Betty La Fea). In UB, Betty Suarez is a good, decent and intelligent woman who is nevertheless interesting primarily as the straight woman reacting to her utterly-insane co-workers, many of whom would be diagnosed as clinically-psychotic and in some cases violently sociopathic, if they ever realized they needed real help.

5277670

BTW Scoots, what do you make Cheese's age relative to Pinkie to be?

5277797
I see what you mean she's an hit and miss character either ya love her or don't love her. I actually never thought of that connection with ugly betty but with a different personalty. It was a pretty good show I have friends who seem to be fond of it. Still I didnt think about the whole ugly betty and coco thing good obervation. Of course i used to think pinkie was like dee dee from dexter until I remember how irritating deedee was with not minding personal space and irritating her brother.

5277814
I hope not too old because that would be squicky I like to think they are the same age at least.

5277824

I think Pinkie is slightly the elder, maybe by 1-3 years, but I defer to Scoots on this because she is the ultimate CheesePie shipper. I base my theory on the fact that he's a blank-flank when Pinkie already has her Mark.

5277868
Right now lets see what she has to say.

5277868
5277983 I think I'm going to disclaim the title of "ultimate CheesePie shipper." Sketcha-Holic has said that she ships CheesePie "like a luxury liner," and she isn't the only one. On DeviantArt and Tumblr, that title probably goes to DragonFoxGirl, PolkaHorse, and Carranzis (I know I am forgetting someone), though of course there you're getting to how much goes into the art and how much goes into intensity. I really like both DragonFoxGirl's art--the cover art for Command Performance is hers.

Anyhoo, I think of pony ages as less like years and more like age ranges. If you've played the Sims, there's a point where toddlers sort of explode into children and children into teenagers. Pinkie and Cheese are in the same age range--I can't imagine that they'd be more than five years apart at the absolute outside, and probably less.

Age matters more in Equestria Girls, because it has to--high school and humans and stuff--and there I have a precise answer: Cheese is ten months and ten days older than Pinkie. (I kind of messed up on his birthday by a few days, but it's somewhere between June 10th-14th.) She turned seventeen on May 3rd, and he turned eighteen the day of the Cake Festival, a week after CHS' graduation.

I think Cheese is maybe a year older or slightly less for my own reasons. He stumbles into Ponyville as a short little blank flank because he is a late bloomer, and Pinkie probably got her cutie mark a bit on the early side. For Cheese, cutie mark plus giant growth spurt plus somehow getting rid of the glasses means that Pinkie wouldn't have recognized him even if they spoke at that party, which I don't think they did. As for why he's just a tiny bit older than she is: he ACTS as though he is a stallion of the world compared to Pinkie and as though she has some sort of sweet innocence that must be protected from the stern reality that he, Cheese, has had to face, and of course he is a sweet doofus who is pretty much as naive as she is and is only marginally older than she is anyway, and it is adorable.

BTW, if age gaps are a problem, that would really militate against Tommy and Maud, as Sketcha says Tommy's three years younger, and I'd place Maud at up to eight years older than Pinkie (she's a teenager in all the flashback pictures in Maud Pie.) Personally, I don't think age gaps are THAT big of a problem if the characters are clearly both grownups. In real life, I'm fully aware that women of my age are supposed to be waiting around for the hearse to arrive, and that the idea of them involved in any kind of romantic pursuit is the stuff of comedy with a side of nausea (Wife of Bath, Juliet's Nurse.) To which I say, "ponyfeathers," and also, "Cherry Jubilee is smokin'."

5278452
Um I like to point out that just because someone acts immature doesn't mean they are young. There's a difference between mental maturity and biological maturity. Of course there's experice Like I am in my 20s and I am still young at heart but still cynical as anything. But I agree with what you said you pretty much got them down to a T. In my personal headcanon he's younger then her I know a few people in their early twenties who act as worldly as him so it's experice so he has expericed more then her. um please don't take this as arguing I am just adding in what I think.

5278564 the thing is, though, that Cheese cannot have experienced more than Pinkie, who has fought several world-destroying major villains. And a dragon. His stallion of the world-ness (he addresses several of the Mane Six as "little filly") is only in his head.

5278452

As for why he's just a tiny bit older than she is: he ACTS as though he is a stallion of the world compared to Pinkie and as though she has some sort of sweet innocence that must be protected from the stern reality that he, Cheese, has had to face, and of course he is a sweet doofus who is pretty much as naive as she is and is only marginally older than she is anyway, and it is adorable.

That makes sense -- he at least tries to act older than her. While not entirely succeeding.

BTW, if age gaps are a problem, that would really militate against Tommy and Maud, as Sketcha says Tommy's three years younger, and I'd place Maud at up to eight years older than Pinkie (she's a teenager in all the flashback pictures in Maud Pie.)

I have Maud be five years older than Pinkie, which if we have Cheese be one year older than Pinkie makes Maud seven years older than Tommy. My ages for the characters at the end of Season Four (YOH 1504) would be Maud 28, Applejack 26, Fluttershy and Cheese Sandwich 24, Pinkie Pie 23, Rarity and Rainbow Dash 22, Twilight Sparkle 21, Tommy 20. Which puts them all in the "twenty-something" group. Both in our culture and Equestria, twenty-somethings don't see age differences between each other as mattering all that much anymore.

Age issues were important with Cheerilee and Big Mac, who are 32 and 30, respectively, at the end of Season Four. That's only a two-year age gap, which is irrelevant to them now but made a big difference to them when they were teenagers and the 13-year-old Mac was attracted to the 15-year-old Cheerilee, who in addition was spending most of her time at high school living in Canterlot at the time, so Mac was in addition to being a "child" compared to her also a "country bumpkin." That's why their Toy Ship didn't get promoted to adult status until much, much later.

Age issues were almost completely unimportant between Piercing Gaze, who was 41 when he met the 19-year-old Trixie Lulamoon in 1499. They were completely washed out by the other and more severe issues, such as Piercing's strong Madonna-Whore Complex and Trixie's utter terror of her own sexuality, with a side order of arrogance for both of them. They're now 46 and 24, respectively, and have worked their love out a bit more happily, though Trixie is still obsessed with proving herself to him and to the whole world.

They were more important between Humanoid Piercing Gaze and Trixie, but then those two met when he was 36 and she was 14, which made her an actual "child." Through a strange resonance between the two worldlines, the outcome was similar, and happened when they were both at the same ages, 41 and 19, though the emotional effects on them were very different since they'd known one another five years instead of just under a month, and consequently had much stronger bonds.

This is a "strange" resonance, like the existence of those two and many more personality analogues to begin with, because the Point Of Departure between those two worlds came when Humans died out in the Eldren Apocalpyse 110 thousand years ago on the Pony Earth, and the Ponies died out in the same event 110 thousand years ago on the Humanoid one. By merely quantum-mechanical interpretations of Many-Worlds, the two worldlines should not be even remotely similar, yet they contain almost identical individuals -- despite the fact that their dominant sapients come from two different mammalian families!

Personally, I don't think age gaps are THAT big of a problem if the characters are clearly both grownups.

Having married a woman 19 years my junior, I would be hypocritical to not agree with you on that! :twilightsmile:

In real life, I'm fully aware that women of my age are supposed to be waiting around for the hearse to arrive, and that the idea of them involved in any kind of romantic pursuit is the stuff of comedy with a side of nausea (Wife of Bath, Juliet's Nurse.) To which I say, "ponyfeathers," and also, "Cherry Jubilee is smokin'."

I've never really understood this, as from the time I acquired an attraction toward the opposite sex, I've found women of pretty much any age attractive. It's personality about which I'm picky.

5278633
That's actually a good point I guess I almost forgot since I haven't watched pinkie pride or any of the episodes in a while.

5278661
5278728 I didn't want to monopolize Sketcha-Holic's thread, so I created a discussion thread about their ages in the CheesePie group here.

So for anyone getting mad at pinkie for meddling need to apologize NOW or shut up because if it werent for her we wouldn't have had that cute daww moment that was posted on the blog last night. So for any negative nancys out there this wouldn't have been accomplished without her pushing them. :ajsmug: Because i don't think they would have done it on their own considering how stubborn they were being. :ajbemused:

Great story. I like that at the end Tommy didn't become instead best friends with Cheese, instead they are slowly repairing their relationship. I also hope you write that story with Tommy and Flora Pea's family. I wonder why she would want to introduce Tommy to her family? :raritywink:

This actually reminds me of what Linda did in the last episode of Bob's Burgers where she tried to force Bob and his dad to reconcile. I was getting annoyed with Linda for pushing bob into something he clearly did not want to do. Also, the whole outburst over the burger and them arguing near the end could have divided bob and his dad further causing Linda's plan to backfire horribly. you cant just force two people who aren't on good terms to begin with in the same room together and expect them to talk it out without a fight breaking out! oh crud I just realized how much of a hypocrite i am being. I get it helping can easily backfire ruining relationships ruining friendships and any trust they have in you its best to stay out of it because you will get them mad at you in the end.

You know, this story was as pleasant as watching this.[youtube=qnIAaprIkj0]

This fanfic would be how me and my siblings are. when you have a family of eight there's bound to be rivalry, Now off to read the sequel.

Looks like the medium version of your story cover got kind of mangled... you might need to reupload it to fix that. :unsuresweetie:

6788033 Looks just fine on my end. Weird. :unsuresweetie:

6788688
Strange... looks like this when I look at the fic entry:
i.imgur.com/Bf7nEHf.png

[edit]

Looks like it's some freaky caching issue on my side... Sorry about that :applejackconfused:

6788868 'Tis okay. On my computer, a cover photo on someone else's fic is doing the same thing. Goodness gracious, it's irritating.

6789063
Xaquseg just informed me on the fimfic irc chat that it was an internal fimfic caching issue, that only applies to images cached during a specific time window about a week ago (meaning, they had an image-corrupting issue back then but they already fixed it, but some corrupted images remain cached like that). He said it'll go away as the caches get rebuilt over time.

I would have named the younger brother "Tomato Soup" or something

Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup go really good together. I need to eat that for lunch again soon!

6841164 I did consider naming Tommy "Tomato Soup", just for the reason of the cheese sandwich/tomato soup combo. But I wanted to make it easier on myself whenever I was talking about both Cheese and Tomato, so I went with "Sandwich" so that I could say "Sandwich Brothers".

Plus, I think "soup" just sounds silly as a name.

6841352
And "Sandwich" is not?
I guess I could see more "sophisticated" ponies drinking/eating (?) tomato soup, but not a cheese sandwich.
But I don't know if "Tomato Sandwich" is very "sophisticated" yet, and I suspect not. Just serious, like the description says.

The mother of Cheese and Tomato is clearly just as bad as Spoiled Rich.
It's good to see that the brothers are repairing their relationship and even if Cheese had an address Pinkie would still read the letters because Cheese would show them to her.

Do you know if PoIkaHorse does requests?

7717098
Haven't really heard from her in a while. Last I checked, she deleted her DA. Sorry. :fluttershysad:

I love how at the end, Tomato Sandwich was having his first bit of fun in a while, I enjoyed reading this story, amd I hope to someday read the 600,000 word sequel :twilightoops:.

Woohoo! This story was AWESOME. :pinkiehappy: I can't wait to read the next one.

Login or register to comment