• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 663 Views, 17 Comments

Fall of Liberty - iota_epsilon



A series of events leads to the Nazi victory in WW2, the United States is now in a heated conflict right in the middle of American soil. When Rainbow is assigned a dangerous task away from home, she decides to take it in hopes of finding an old frien

  • ...
2
 17
 663

Chapter Five: Almost There...

Chapter 5: Almost There...

"Dashy!" Blaze grabbed her best friend's left hand. She looked back to see that there wasn't enough time to pull her up and out of the path of the oncoming truck, but she couldn't leave the flyer in the hole or she would be shot again by whoever fired the first two rounds. The blonde made her decision. Blaze yanked on Rainbow Dash's arm, pulling her to street level, then held her down against the concrete and flattened herself out as much as possible. She held her breath as the gigantic truck roared over their heads, all nine axels just barely high enough not to decapitate them.

Blaze looked up as soon as the big rig passed. When she noticed the absence of her hat, the blonde began to frantically search for it, the truck had knocked it off her head, luckily the stetson landed about four meters ahead.

"Rainbow Dash?"

"Shit! There's a fucking bullet in my arm!"

"C'mon, we need t' get ya to our soldiers." Blaze's comment fell on deaf ears as the rainbow haired girl sent a barrage of curses back down to the German patrol that shot her. Blaze unholstered a revolver and fired three times blindly at the men below. Rush and Stinger ran to grab their cargo as Blaze covered up the sewer.

"Let's get her t' the DZ, they can patch her up." The instructions were immediately put into motion, then halted by a large transport truck baring an iron cross and black swastika that heard the commotion. Ten soldiers unloaded and aimed their weapons as another truck approached from behind. They were completely surrounded. "Shit."

Blaze possessed many useful skills in many fields ranging from combat to brain power, but no matter how potent her abilities seemed, she knew when the enemy had her outmatched. As the leader of the German squadron shouted at them to drop their weapons and get on the ground and her teammates pleaded for instruction, Blaze hesitated, her gun still up and her finger on the trigger. After a long, intense moment, Blaze spoke up.

"We surrender," Blaze began in German. "But only if you help my friend."

"Why would I save her life when taking all of yours sounds far simpler?" The tall commander asked in his own language.

"You can execute us right here, but I can assure you that we will take a few of your men with us. And that little mess may cost you points when you ask for a promotion."

After pondering his options for a moment, "You have my word that she will receive proper medical attention," the German leader responded, not wanting to explain a street shoot out to his superiors.

The muscular blonde turned to her fellow smugglers. "Put your guns down. We're goin' with 'em." Blaze dropped her revolver in the street before tossing her pistol down next to it. Rush and Stinger followed suit. Two of the German patrollers, both baring red crosses on their helmets and uniforms, rushed to take Rainbow Dash from Rush's support and brought her into the ambulance next to a paddy wagon, both of which had just arrived on the scene. The rest of the patrol roughly ushered their prey into the prisoners' van. As they arrived at the back bumper of the armored vehicle, Blaze turned to the commander and whispered in his ear.

"Let us go. Ah can make it worth your while."

"Shut it, American bitch."

Once the prisoners sat loaded and handcuffed in the truck and the doors locked tight, Rush and Stinger herd a rustling and clanking coming from Blaze's side of the van. She seemed focused on something behind her back. After several seconds, she revealed two free hands.

"When did you snatch the key?" Stinger inquired.

"Right before he shoved us in here when ah got real close. Before we were even in cuffs."

"We ought to change your code name to 'Slick.'" Blaze freed stinger from his bonds before repeating the routine with Rush. "So, what's the plan."

"Ah got no damn clue. We really got ourselves in deep shit, didn't we?"

"Affirmative, commander."

"How do we break outta here and save Dashy in time to ring that damned bell before next sunrise?"

"Ain't that the million dollar question?"