• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 663 Views, 17 Comments

Fall of Liberty - iota_epsilon



A series of events leads to the Nazi victory in WW2, the United States is now in a heated conflict right in the middle of American soil. When Rainbow is assigned a dangerous task away from home, she decides to take it in hopes of finding an old frien

  • ...
2
 17
 663

Unwanted Attention

Chapter 3: Unwanted attention.

"So Apple- uh, Blaze, what do you do normally on these jobs?"

"Well usually we hide the cargo on us and take the main water line. But we ain't used to takin people to the other side, so we're takin the hidden tunnels like we do for more valuable things."

"Who runs these jobs?"

"Sometimes we do civilian contracts, but mostly we take orders from General Celestia in Florida, or Luna here in South Carolina."

"Do you-" Blaze put a hand on her friend's mouth.

"Patrol." Blaze said as she pulled Rainbow Dash behind a corner, they were quickly followed by Stinger and Rush. They hid in the shadows for almost a minute before Rush looked out and confirmed the Nazi patrol was gone. "What were they doin on our side?"

"What do you mean?"

"They usually stay on their side of the wall. Ah've rarely seen any of em even close to the border."

"Maybe they're on to us. We could have been seen before on another job." Stinger said.

"Ah doubt it. They'd have a hell of a lot more security down here."

"Let's use the vests just in case."

"Alright." Blaze pulled the orange vest out that had been hanging from her back pocket and put it on, then handed an extra to Rainbow Dash. "Put it on."

"What is it?" Rainbow Dash slipped on the mesh vest and looked at the logo.

"German tunnel worker uniforms. We use em t' get by any passin soldiers." Blaze turned to keep walking. "Let's keep movin, we have a few more miles t' the DZ."

As they walked, Rainbow Dash kept pace behind stinger. She hadn't noticed it before because he had kept his wings folded up, but we was a flyer; and by the looks of it, he was a good one. Stinger's wings were yellow like his hair and well toned, they weren't large but fit. Stinger looked like a match for Rainbow Dash herself. She was admiring Stinger's wings when he suddenly stopped, causing Rainbow Dash to bump into him. She looked around and saw another German patrol.

Blaze walked out in front right up to the Germans. "What is she doing?" Rainbow Dash asked worriedly. Stinger and Rush dropped their rifles and stood behind Rainbow Dash to keep the guns hidden.

"Just let her do the talking." Rush whispered to the girl.

"Wer sind Sie? Militär nur." The commander of the Nazi patrol said.

"Maintenance-Gruppe." Blaze spoke fluent German. Her country accent made it sound a bit off, but the soldiers didn't notice.

"Was tun Sie, auf dieser Seite der Wand?"

"Wasserleitung war gebrochen. Wir kamen zu reparieren."

"Sie sind nicht laut, über die Mauer zu gehen! Wir müssen Sie Escourt zurück."

"Who are you? Military only." The commander of the Nazi patrol said.

"Maintenance group." Blaze spoke in fluent German. Her country accent made it sound a bit off, up but the soldiers didn't notice.

"What are you doing on this side of the wall?"

"Water pipe broke. We came to repair it."

"You are not aloud beyond the wall! We must escort you back."

Blaze crossed her fingers behind her back, the signal for we're in trouble. As Blaze protectively stepped in front of Rainbow, Rush and Stinger grabbed their guns and attacked the German squad. There were five enemy soldiers, Stinger shot two of them before they could react, and Rush rushed the tree remaining men, knocking one in the water, and the other two on the ground. Blaze pulled out one of her concealed revolvers and killed the men in the ground. After dumping the bodies in the river, Blaze turned to her friend.

"Ya alright Dashy?"

"Applejack, y-you got in front of me to protect me." Rainbow Dash quickly realized why. "Oh, protecting the mission."

"Well yes," Blaze whispered so the boys couldn't hear her, "but ah woulda gotten in front a' you anyway." Blaze blushed and helped the cargo to her feet. They continued to walk for several minutes in silence, praying that no other patrols were close enough to hear the gunshots' echoes bouncing off the walls.

Eventually the group arrived at a large room in the sewer system with a gate right in the center. Rainbow Dash walked up to the gate in the fence and raised a hand to open it, but Rush stopped her. He picked up a rock off the ground and dipped it in the water, them threw it at the fence.

BZZZZZT!

The gate hissed and buzzed, then shot the rock back.

"It's electrified."