• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 660 Views, 17 Comments

Fall of Liberty - iota_epsilon



A series of events leads to the Nazi victory in WW2, the United States is now in a heated conflict right in the middle of American soil. When Rainbow is assigned a dangerous task away from home, she decides to take it in hopes of finding an old frien

  • ...
2
 17
 660

Germany's Ascension

Fall of Liberty
Mlp humanized


Chapter 1: Germany's Ascension

July 23rd, 1944, Washington DC
Winter Soldat crawled into position, right on top of the Lincoln memorial. He slowly made his way to the edge of the roof, inch by inch, his whole life had been leading up to this moment of glory for Germany. He pulled his rifle off of his back and lined up the crosshairs with Winston Churchill's head. The Britain prime minister was in America for security reasons, but in fact it only made killing him easier. Today was absolutely perfect for Ulrich, no wind, only a few hundred meters from his target, nearly one hundred percent visibility in all directions, and best of all, he was ensuring Germany's ultimate victory over America. He slowly calculated each measurement he needed to take the shot, then, BANG!

November 15th, 2010
Twilight sparkle ran through the streets of Easton, praying that she made it back to her library in time to give the note to the Virginian General. She looked up at the sky and saw a girl floating in the air under her blue outstretched wings, it was Rainbow Dash!

"RAINBOW DASH!" Twilight called out. Her rainbow haired friend went into a dive, then unfolded her wings just in time to land softly on her feet.

"What's up Twilight?"

"I need to get this letter back to the library, Shining Armor is waiting on it. You can fly a lot faster than I can run," Twilight handed a small folded up note to her friend. "Now go, hurry." Rainbow dash took off in the direction of Twilight's home. When she got there, she walked inside to see that the generals of all twelve American states were gathered together.

Astonished, rainbow dash knelt on one knee, as was custom, and presented the note. "Sirs, I am honored to be in your presence. I have a message for General Shining Armor."

"Word from twilight?" A man with dark hair and a military uniform stepped forward.

"Yes sir." Rainbow dash handed over the note. When rainbow dash turned to leave, a dark haired woman stopped her.

"Rainbow dash, last we heard, twilight was more than six miles away." It was General Luna of South Carolina.

"Yes ma'am."

"That was two minutes ago. Tell us how you were able to hand deliver a message from six miles away in that time frame."

"I'm the fastest flyer on this side of the wall, ma'am." Rainbow dash said quite boastfully. All of the Generals seemed very impressed.

"If that is true, than we need you for another job. Fly to the top of the bell tower in the center of town, just outside of the wall. Ring the bell four times to signal the troops just outside the wall. We can't use a written message at risk of you being caught."

"Caught?"

"The Germans do not normally bother civilians, but if you were to ever be captured or searched outside of the wall with evidence that you were working for the military, you would not live to tell the tale. Not to mention the Germans would confiscate messages about our troop movements."

"I understand."

"Rainbow dash I will not force you to do this, as the danger is very great, but the situation is dire, and we need somebody fast to fly outside of the wall tomorrow morning." Rainbow dash looked away. "Be here tomorrow at ten AM, if you show up, twilight will direct you to our smuggler who can get you outside of the city. If you do not show, we will understand." Rainbow dash walked outside and shut the door behind her. She resolved to talk to rarity on the matter. She flew rather slowly towards what was once the carousel boutique. It was run down and unpainted, the windows were boarded up and the the sign outside was covered up with black spray paint.

"Rarity?" Rainbow dash's voice echoed in the abandoned building.

"Upstairs!" It was rarity. The call came from a door in the back of the boutique. Rainbow dash walked to the door, it made made an evil hiss as it squeaked open. On the other side was a staircase, rainbow dash followed it up to the second floor, there she found her purple haired friend staring out the window.

"Hey."

"Hi dash." Rarity looked saddened.

"Everything ok?"

"Yes, it's just, ever since the fire I've been thinking about this place." Several months ago a stray artillery shell landed just inside the wall and set the boutique on fire, as it went up in flames, rarity and her sister lost everything, they had to move across town with nothing but the clothes on their backs. "I just, just wish I did more to save this place."

"It isn't your fault rarity. There's nothing you could have done."

"I suppose you're right, but I can't help but to feel guilt over losing it. My grandmother opened the boutique back in the forties, just before the war. She told me that it would be mine one day. It was great while it lasted, I guess it just ended sooner than I thought."

"It'll be ok rarity. I promise."

"If you say so."

"Now stop being sad, I have to complain about my problem now." Rainbow dash said jokingly. Rarity cracked a smile like rainbow dash hoped. "I have been given a choice on wether or not to help the war effort."

"Well what are you telling me for? I know you'll do anything to help the Americans." Rarity sat down on the ripped and black burnt bed.

"Yeah, but I'll be on the other side of the wall." Rainbow dash took a seat beside her friend. "General Luna wants me to meet up with some smuggler to get past German forces so I can fly to the bell tower."

"Why do they want you to do it? Can our soldiers not fly up there?"

"Soldiers are being pushed back, and they would be shot immediately if they tried to take off. Apparently Luna thinks I'm fast enough to dodge fucking bullets."

"Maybe you are." Rainbow dash just looked at rarity with an 'are you crazy or are you just that stupid?' look. "Not literally, but you are fast enough to avoid any enemy. You could get to the bell tower, and get back home before anyone knows your gone. If any flyer can do it, it's you Dash."

"Thanks rarity, I'll do it. I'll go outside the wall." Outside the wall. The words echoed in her head, bouncing around like a bouncy ball. Those words were Applejack's, it was her dream to leave and fight. Several months ago, just before the fire at Rarity's boutique, Applejack said she was leaving to help the war effort, then she just vanished. No one had heard from her since, not even her brother and sister. Rainbow dash had tried so hard to get in contact with her friend, but the military officials said that there was nobody named Applejack in any branch the armed forces, dead or alive. If the blonde girl had not joined the military, what happened to her?

"I know you're still thinking of her. We all are."

"I just wish I knew if she was alive."

"She said she went out to help the war effort, and I bet that's what she's doing."

"You think so?"

"I know so." Rarity said, trying to comfort rainbow dash, she could see tears welling up in rainbow dash's eyes. The girls shared a hug before Rainbow Dash left.

Author's Note:

A/N: here's chapter one, be sure to leave a review with comments or CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. Later on this may start to seem like an appledash romance, but I can assure you it will not be (no matter how much I love appledash).