• Published 16th Apr 2012
  • 994 Views, 7 Comments

Legacy of Mare-do-well - East Coast

  • ...
7
 7
 994

Chapter Two; First movement

Canterlot-Home Of Octavia-9:16pm

M-d-W knocked on the Balcony window Door of the cellists' home, listening carefully lent that she was in the shower, he inserted his wing inside the balcony window doors' crease and slid it down quickly, unlocking it silently. He slipped inside only to be met with a half glare from octavia

"I would have unlocked it for you."

"It's fine. I did it."

"So..."

"Hoity's Dead. Heart Attack. Didn't get anything out of him, just yelling and mumbling. Only thing I have is a heavy briefcase with luna knows what inside...I'm pretty sure it's money, pony like hoity toity doesn't go down to the city if money isn't involved."

"Well, did you ever think-"

"That he was payed to go down there? Yeah, I thought that too, but it doesn't make sense, a pony like Hoity isn't one to keep his word..."

"That's what you say about everypony."

"Not everpony."

"Name one exception."

"...You...That's...actually pretty much it."

His voice wasn't like it was before at the docks, it wasn't like rock on rock action, it was like a running stream on a silent night

"Oh...Well...You don't come here to flatter me...You are flattering me right?"

"That's Up to you I think."

"Well, what did you break into my house for?"

"...Hoped to hear you play."

"Really? Normally you come in hear to talk at me about how this case doesn't make sense, or that lead was a dead end and you don't know why, till I say something off hoof. Then you have some epiphany and jump off my balcony in a rush to go do something."

"Yeah...Well...Justice never sleeps."

"Really? Could have fooled me, last time you came in here you were bleeding all over and passed out."

"Never said justice doesn't pass out."

Octavia sighed and Trotted to her cello and Tuned it

"So you really came all the way here to listen to me play?"

"Truth? No. I had hoped what you said usually happens would happen and i could move on with this case."

Octavia rolled her eyes and sighed as she drew her bow across the strings and began playing somber dirge like strings, the cello strings bending to her will like magic does for a unicorn. MdW stared at her for a long time. Analyzing things was something he had always done well and now was no different. Each string bent or tugged as the bow sawed into them. Octavias' hooves manipulated the bow skilfully and naturally as if it were like breathing.

"Wait...That's it!"

"Oh celestia, what is it? What did you just think of?"

"Manipulated! Hoity was being manipulated! By somepony who could make him do anything they wanted..."

"And?"

"Means that Hoity was working for an autocrat. A high class pony who he wanted to impress..."

"...So that means..."

"It means I have some suspects...See ya tavi."

"Ugh...Want me to leave the window unlocked?"

"Up to you, I only come here when I need a good idea."

"Ha-ha. Get out of here you cheap vagrant."

He chuckled and jumped out the window, taking off into the night a moment later toward a higher vantage point. It was still night and he still needed to see a certain pony. He tore through the night silently,coasting on the night breeze that was scheduled for tonight. The lavish buildings of canterlot had always made him think that the wealthy were an issue but as he flew he began to see that not all the buildings were residential, in fact it seemed most were tourist traps, high society shops that sold high society merchandise to high society ponies. All too familiar to him was the smell of pompous arrogance that seemed to fill the streets and never seemed to die down, also familiar to him was the constant patrol of guards that also never seemed to ebb. He pulled up into the clouds to avoid the notice of the patrolling guards. It hit him then that the guards were on unusually high alert. They never patrolled the streets unless something big was going down. And If something had these guards on such high alert, then he may have something more to worry about.

-----
Rainbow dash paced, back and forth in the main rutunda of the liberary tree that was the home of twilight sparkle.

"Ohhh man twi~ I haven't been this nervous in my entire life! Well, cept that one time i had to compete against rarity, pfft unicorns... Oh no offense twi! I just mean, come on? Didn't she KNOW those things weren't real wings?"

"Well actually rainbow. They were. Just made of wax...and dew...and magic...And I suspect-"

"Shhh! Hear that twi?"

"What is it dash?"

"It's the sound of me not caring. Point is, I'm s-sc-scar-scarer"

"Scared?"

"Yeah! That word!"

"You really couldn't say it?"

"Twi, if you may not have noticed...I'm too cool be be...well that..."

Twilight rolled her eyes and flaoted a book down from the shelf

"Riiiiight..."

It was labled "EQUESTRIA LAW:FOR DUMMIES. THE DEFINATIVE GUIDE TO LAWS, BYLAWS, TRILAWS, AND THE OCASIONAL QUINTOUPLE LAWS OF THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM. FOR PONIES. footnote:Increase speech by 3.

"What's that?"

"A book."

"Well Duh! I mean what KIIIIIND of book?"

"One with paper. Astounding isn't it?"

"Twi, if you're gonna keep doing that I can go hide at fluttershys house."

"Yes. Go hide from the guards at a friends house who can hardly ever seem to say no."

"Hey! She changed! That dude with the goats got her all...Assertivated!"

"That's not even a word. And He didn't do anyhting except make her a dreadful pony to be around."

"Now you sound like rarity."

"Oh no! Shall I go Get a hat?"

"C'mon twi! This is seriuous! They think I killed Somepony!"

"Wait! Dash! Do you hear that?"

Rainbow shot under the bed in less than a second

"What?! Is it the guards? The Princess?!...My mom?"

"No...It sounds like...Me...Not caring."

"Eat me, Twilight Sparkle."
---------------------------------

M-d-W went into a complete nose dive, the guards were hot on his contrail, riding it in fact. He chuckled at the irony as he banked a hard left, into the streets of canterlot, weaving through the empty city streets of the aristocrats he found that more guards had joined the chase, these one decending from the cloud cover to try and box him in. With an astounding manuever he shot, directly up, making a perfect 90 degree bolt into the sky.

He felt surprisingly alive. He had always avoided guards in this manner, using his gift for flying to out manuever them but never like this, never in the royal city. It made him feel like a foal, flying for the first time or any time he got to see the wonderbolts. Made him almost feel like all was right with the world...

"But that isn't the case..."

As he broke the cloud cover, he felt the wetness from the cloud he brokethrough cover the suit. His pseudo skin. How long had he been wearing the suit? He didn't have to make any modifications..well nothing anypony couldn't have made. It had been intended for a mare of course...Why had he kept the name? Was it because Staliion-do-Well didn't roll off the toung? And Colt-do-Well reminded of a bad movie he saw long ago? Whatever the case, he had formed a connection with the suit, and more importantly. What it stood for. He looked over his shoulder as guards broke through the cover behind him, everything was slow. A duo were pulling a chariot and a unicorn was seated inside. His horn began glowing an off magneta color as a bolt shot out of it, hitting M-d-W in the wing.

Then everything went black.

Comments ( 2 )

Uhh, this was updated six months ago. I hoped there would have been a new chapter since then. <pinkie shrug>
I look forward to any chapters that are to come out.

Login or register to comment