• Published 16th Apr 2012
  • 994 Views, 7 Comments

Legacy of Mare-do-well - East Coast

  • ...
7
 7
 994

Chapter One; Dock Work

Manehattan; docks-9:38pm

It was Dark. As Usual. MdW crouched low on the roof of a fish house, watching the Ponies below conduct their "business". He Examined each pony in the group, most of them were Just regular Dock workers, crooked Dock workers, but dock workers. They were all waiting for something. A unicorn in a hard hat came walking by and started giving orders.

>looks like what they're waiting for is coming<

A chariot pulled by some suspicious looking stallions arrived on the scene within a few moments, the doors opened and out stepped Hoity Toity, the snobbish Stallion inspected the scene like a Germiphobe inspects a dumpster. He looked like he was about to be sick, but the sight of a metal Suitcase made his stomach settle.

"It's all there, give the boss our regards."

"Ohhh Like he cares, but I'll pass on the message,"

MdW jumped from his hiding spot atop the roof and glided down fast with his wings outstretched and landed roughly on one of the Workers, he rose up his hoof and stomped on the ponys' temple knocking him out.

"W-What?! M-mare do w-well?! G-Get h-her! K-Keep her away f-from me!"

Mare-do-Well turned and Knocked another pony in her gut, then lifted his forehoof into her jaw knocking her to the ground. He turned and bucked his legs out to connect with another dock workers' neck, sending her to the floor hard. By now Hoity had sense gotten into his chariot which had taken off and the Dock manager was cowering behind a box. MdW trotted up slowly, making step very deliberate.

"Ohh goddess! Oh Luna! Please don't hurt me!"

The dock manager was a Young mare, or at least she looked young. Mare-do-well picked her up and Slammed her roughly against the wooden box, breaking it and causing the back of the mares skull to start bleeding.

"Where's that Chariot going!"

To the Mares surprise, this mare-do-well had a deep,gruff voice like a two rocks rubbing together.

"I-I don't know! I swear! We were just suppose to hand over that-"

Mare-do-well didnt give her a chance to finish. He dropped her head into the water and held it there till he saw the blood rise to the surface, he ripped her out of the water and pressed his muzzle close to hers

"Think reeeeeal hard before you answer me...Where-Is-That-Chariot headed!"

"C-c-canterlooot! I-it's h-head-ed t-to canter looot!"

>She was crying. Didn't matter. That chariot was more important< He dropped her into the water and spread his wings, taking off after the chariot. he flew as high as he could before breaking the cloud cover, he didn't have to go very high, the Chariots' Pullers weren't that fast. It likewise didn't take long to reach it, at this point stealth wasn't important, speed was. He took off like a lightning bolt closing the distance in record time. He tapped the window and stared at Hoity.Who stared back in abject terror, he squirmed over to the other side and MdW flew up and mounted the Chariot. Didn't take much to bust the canopy, canterlot made goods were no mach for a good punch. Mare-do-Well dropped into the Carriage and easily took up the space Hoity could have used to squirm into a different corner.

"AHHHHH!!!! W-What do you want?! I-Is it money? I-I have money! Ohhh just please by celestia dont hurt meeeee!"

>Weak little snob<

"Don't worry Mr.Toity, All I need is a moment of your time..."

Hoity's screaming echoed across the road, the Ponies pulling the chariot were too afraid to stop and so just carried on toward their destination.
-----
PonyVille; Random Cloud-6:58am

"Rainbow Dash! Rainbow Dash! Ms.Rainbow Dash!... Boys, get her down."

Three royal guards Flew up and removed Dash rather harshly from her Cloud and her Dream.

"Wha~?! Hey! Let Me go!"

Rainbow thrashed and flailed, her hooves connected with jaw and parts "below the belt" so to speak, which caused them to loose grip, and her to fly off at a speed most only see when she's racing.

Ponyville; Twilights' Library-6:58.10

A loud smash, followed by a loud crash introduced Rainbow to twilight who was up and fully awake, reorganizing the library. The pile of books Rainbow had made when she crashed into a shelf, made spike sigh and twilight scowl

"Rainbow Dash! Today's Reorganizing Day! What are you-!"

"Twi! Cloud! Sleeping! Royal guards! Hide me!"

"What?! Rainbow! What did you do!"

"Nothing, I swear! I was just Sleeping and Wham! They Woke me up and Said I was under arrest!"

"Ok then, what didn't you do."

"Twi you gotta believe me! There is no way I did what they said I did! I would remember something like that!"

"Calm down Rainbow! Now What Did you-"

"Didn't."

"Didn't you do."

"They're saying...Their saying that...Well...Hoity Toity..."

"Spit it out rainbow dash!"

"They're saying I killed Hoity Toity!"

"WWHAT?!"

"Can you believe it! Me! A killer! Ohhh Twi what am I gonna do?...You gotta hide me! At least till this whole thing blows over!"

"Rainbow they think you killed somepony, the best thing to do in this situation is turn yourself in. I'll contact the princess and We'll clear your name."

"Ohhh I see what you're getting at~! I turn myself in and you pull the 'I'm the student of the princess and she's like best friend so She'll do me a favor and get my friends name cleared' card! That's brilliant Twi!Thank you!"

"Ugh, no rainbow, not quite. I'll do what I can, I'm sure the princess can do something. But you still have to go through the legal process like everypony else."

"B-but that's not fair! You didn't do that for flutter shy! You practically help her escape the country!"

"That was different! She actually did something wrong...kinda...You, you're innocent! I'm sure it'll turn out some other pony Did it."

"You sure twilight?"

"As Sure as I always am!"

Rainbow rolled her eyes

"Is that supposed to be a good thing?"

Twilight smiled and nodded

"Yes."

A knock at the door sent rainbow dashing under twilights' bed

"I'm not here! Tell them I'm not here!"

Twilight sighed and opened the door

"Yes?"

It was Rarity

"Ohhh twilight! We neeeeed to talk! Pinkypie's throwing a Costume party and Insisted we all go as mare-do-well, now you know how i hate reusing a style but I thought of maybe individualizing them, giving them some character! you know?"

"uhmm, rarity now's not the best time could you just maybe get to the point?"

"Oh i'm sorry darling, well I just wanted to know what you did with your Costume? Pinky Said she lost hers, applejack said she got rid of it, and fluttershy said she sold it. I was just wondering if you still had yours?"

"Uhmmm...Let me check... Rainbow! Is my Mare-do-well Costume Under there?"

Rarity gave twilight a look, her 'likely story' look and then took a second take

"Errmmm twilight...What is rainbow doing over? At this hour?"

"Well She came over and asked me to help her out with a problem she had, she just got away from some guys and asked me if I could do her a special favor..."

A Bright Blush spread across Raritys face as she averted her eyes in her way

"Oh twilight! I ermm, well I didn't mean to pry! I mean, If i knew I might have...Uhmm...So...Rainbow Is~? I mean I Allllways suspected but i mean I guess its true heh..."

Twilight looked at rarity quizzically then widened her eyes as realization set in

"What?! No! No-no-no! Rainbow's Been Accused of a crime and she came here! I mean she flew over! It was maybe thirty seconds ago! I-I wouldn't even know if rainbow's a-"

"Ha ha! No costume twi but pleeeenty of toys! Ha ha ha! Ohhh man!"

Rarity Lifted and eyebrow at twilight who could only frown and curse her fate

"It's not what you think."

"Of course not darling. Good day, I'm sorry to have bothered you."

Rarity Trotted away giggling under her breath as twilight hoped she'd be able to live this down... probably not. She closed the door and looked up at Rainbow Dash playing with smartypants.

"I thought you loooved this thing twi, why is it under your bed?"

"Dash...When Spike comes back, I'm going to write Celestia, She's going to come here and get you...and I'm going to deal with the social fallout of rarity thinking...Well... Never mind..."

"What? What does rarity think? Does she think I did it?!"

"She thinks you did something!"