• Published 12th Aug 2014
  • 688 Views, 18 Comments

It's In The Cards - Zurvan



When Nightmare Moon returns Luna calls for help. Help comes from an unexpected place.

  • ...
1
 18
 688

Chapter 4: It's A Kind of Magic

Disclaimer: I don’t own MLP or Cardcaptor Sakura, or any of the characters therein.

Chapter 4: It's A Kind of Magic

The train pulls up to the Canterlot station and the Elements of Harmony along with Sakura and Syaoran get off. “So this is your capital city?” Sakura asks.

“It certainly is.” Twilight answers.

“Very nice.” Sakura says.

“Come on, let’s get to the castle.” Twilight says and the group heads toward the castle.

They arrive at the castle and one of a pair of guards speaks up. “Princess Twilight Sparkle, we were not told to expect you.”

“I have urgent business with Luna and Celestia.“

"You may pass, but the others must wait here."

"My business involves these other ponies, six of us are the elements of harmony, and these other two are ambassadors from Kyoato."

"Very well," the guard says. "You may all enter, I'll trust you Princess to escort the others."

"Of course." Twilight says as she leads the way through the castle. They come to a door and Twilight raises a fore-hoof and knocks.

The door opens and Celestia pokes her head through the doorway. "Princess Twilight?"

"Let us in, I have news." Twilight states then Celestia moves and they all file inside.

"What is so important that you brought not only the other elements but these two strangers into my chambers?"

"These two strangers are actually visitors from another world, they claim Luna contacted them through the moon."

Celestia looks at Sakura and Syaoran. "You two are ponies from another world?"

"We are from another world, but we're not actually ponies." Sakura answers then looks to Twilight who nods. Sakura takes a card from her saddlebags and presses it against her horn. "ILLUSION! Release your magic so we may regain our normal appearances. ILLUSION release!" Sakura and Syaoran glow for a minute and then a bright flash of light. When the light fades they once again appear human Sakura holds her wand in one hand and the card in the other.

"Now let me properly introduce Syaoran Li and his wife Sakura Kinomoto." Twilight nods to them. "And this is one of our diarchs Princess Celestia."

Sakura and Syaoran bow. ”Greetings your highness.“

Celestia dips her head slightly acknowledging them. "Greetings travelers, what news do you have of my sister?”

“She sent a distress signal to us, we came to see if we could help."

"My sister seems to be in some kind of magical sleep can you use your magic to wake her?” Celestia asks. .

”I'm not sure, I need to confer with the cards."

"Confer with the cards?"

Sakura nods and pulls a card out of her outfit. “MIRROR! Come take my form. MIRROR release!" A mirror appears reflecting only Sakura, then reflection of Sakura steps through the mirror.

“You summoned me, Mistress?" The reflection asks.

“Yes this pony is in some kind of magical sleep can one of you wake her? ” Sakura asks.

MIRROR looks at Luna then back to Sakura, “something is holding her in the dream. SLEEP could link you to her and send you into her dream.”

Sakura nods, "Thank you for your advice.“

"Let me go with you.” Syaoran says.

Sakura nods and sits on the floor before pulling out another card. "SLEEP! Put us into sleep and link us to this pony's dream. SLEEP release!"

Syaoran sits next to Sakura as the card turns into a young periwinkle fairy-like little girl with a star on its forehead and one overlarge feathered ear and short hair carrying a wand. SLEEP goes over Sakura and Syaoran and puts them into a magical sleep.