• Published 1st Sep 2014
  • 546 Views, 3 Comments

XCOM; Hidden Enemy - HonestAJ4President



MLP FiM/XCOM Enemy Unknown Changelings have gone to far. The XCOM Project has been initiated and the best ponies in the Royal Guard have been contacted. Good luck Commander.

  • ...
18
 3
 546

Pushed to Far

Push to Far

"Changelings require a delicate balance;
As allies, they can become great spies. As enemies, they can impersonate an entire nations government and take it over in a matter of months.
The question will only be, which do they consider us?"
- Starswhirl the Bearded

Celestia's Room, Canterlot

An advisor of Celestia burst into her room. "Your Highness, we have a situation. Changelings have attacked multiple cities. The guards managed to hold them back but they have suffered major casualties. Your orders?"

After a moment of consideration, she came to a decision. "Contact the Princesses, and leaders of the city-states Tell them 'The XCOM Project has been activated.'"

"Are you sure ma'am?" asked the advisor.

"The Changelings have gone to far. Activate. the. XCOM. Project." she said sternly, knowing that she was going to be responsible for many deaths.

"Yes ma'am." the advisor turned and left. Celestia turned and looked over the balcony, watching multiple chariots flying to cities all over the nation of Equestria. She quietly said, "May my mother and father forgive me." a single tear rolling down her cheek.

Hidden, Underground XCOM Base, Somewhere in the Everfree Forest

The words 'Security Footage from Baltimare' appeared on the magical transmission. The Commander sits in the Situation Room watching the screen intently. He knew that Celestia wouldn't approve the XCOM Project unless she didn't feel there was an absolute need. Footage from a busy street intersection in Baltimare, magical, self-propelled carriages stopping as people raced to reach the other side of the street. After a few moments a metal object crashed into the middle of the intersection, crushing a carriage that was crossing and killing the people inside. When the dust settled, ponies watched the object with a mix of curiosity, fear and awe.

The object in question was silver in color, with green tubes running along the top, and was about the size of a pony After a few moments the middle protruded, spraying steam into the air. The crowd inched closer and a curious and brave man approached it and placed his hand on the middle. Suddenly hatches on the body of the object opened and sprayed green goo over the crowd. Those at the back just barely managed to dodge the goo, but one could see other objects falling from the sky.

The footage cut off to show the a unicorn man, whose face was shadowed. "Hello, Commander. In light of the recent changeling incursion, this council of city-states has convened to approve the activation of the XCOM project. You have been chosen to lead this initiative, to oversee our first and last line of defense. Your efforts will have a considerable effect on the future of Equestria, and all of Equs. We urge you to keep that in mind as you proceed." Though distant, he could hear the sound of the magical, self-propelled flying transport chariot, called the 'Skyranger' taking off to take soldiers to their first mission. "Good luck, Commander."

The Commander leaned back in the chair he was in as what was just relayed to him sunk in. "Commander," the Commander turned to meet Central Officer Shining Armor, his number 1 advisor. "The Skyranger has arrived at Germaney."

"On screen."

Germaney
Operation Nightmare Moon

Flash Sentry, Bent Spear, Dented Shield and Tampered Sword sat silently in the Skyranger. Instead of standard issue golden armor and weapons, they doned experimental synthetic armor and wielded prototype 'firearms' and magical grenades, that shot a piece of metal faster than sound. On their face were glasses that had magical radio and camera imbued in them, from which the Commander would decide and relay orders. "Attention Big Sky, this is Central. A team of Elite Royal Guards was sent to investigate a warehouse where strange activity was reported shortly before the attack. There has been no contact with them for 3 hours. Fan out and investigate." The voice of Shining came over the radio.

"Central this is Big Sky. We are setting down on site." responded the pilot.

"Delta, we're going to be testing the new equipment while it's still quiet." The Skyranger landed in an area near the warehouse. They soldiers exited and relayed what they saw.

"Central, you getting this?" asked Spear

"Copy that Delta. First things first, let's get you out of the open and into cover. We have a probable changeling threat. Delta-1, move behind that debris." An indicator appeared on Spear's glasses and he moved behind it. "Good, everything is coming through nicely. Now move behind that Royal Guard carriage to your left." Again an indicator appeared and he moved behind it.

"Delta-2, your turn. Move up behind the debris." Shield did so. "That isn't going to provide much cover. Move to the statue ahead." Again Shield did as ordered.

"Delta-3, move to that carriage." Sentry did as ordered but spotted something.

"Central, I have movement. 30 meters north of my position, Guard carriage."

"Roger, move to the next carriage for a better vantage."

"Delta-4, go check it out. It's a long way from your position and there's no cover from here to there." Sword did as ordered and sprinted to the overturned Guard carriage.

She braced herself against the carriage and looked to see what was moving. "Holy Tartarus!" she remarked.

"What do you see Delta-4?!" She saw a member of the Guard, battered and bloody. He had wounds even she couldn't identify, and she was a former combat medic. The guard reached out to her and tried to say something, but only managed to gurgle as he died.

"Looks like one of the Guard team, sir. It looks like something-"

Suddenly, another voice crackled over the radio. "Hilfe!"

"That sounds like Germane, sir. Possibly one of the previous teams."

"Dr. Vahlen, what is he saying?"

The head scientist responded somberly "He is saying 'Help.' That transmission is coming from the warehouse."

"Thank you Doctor. Delta, you have permission to move on warehouse but do not fire unless fired upon."

As they approached they could hear the unnatural voice repeating 'Hilfe!'. Sentry approached a bus stop and reported "Central, I've got a lot of blood here."

"Roger, see where it's coming from." Sentry moved inside the stop and reported what he found.

"Central, I think I just found another Guard member or what's left of 'im." Sentry saw another member of the Guard sprawled in the corner. His chest was ripped open and his inner organs sprawled in a corner. "But this doesn't make sense. It looks like he has been dead for a week."

"What is stranger is the cause of death. It appears he was eviscerated when something burst out of him." commented Dr. Vahlen.

"Sir, I have visual on the object. Requesting permission to approach." reported Shield.

"It's the only cover between you and the building. Permission granted." After Shield braced himself behind it, Shining requested a report. "Talk to me soldier. What is it?"

"I got no idea what this thing is, but I can confirm this isn't a magical generator."

"Roger Delta Squad. You're almost at the building." After Delta-4 moved into position behind a Guard carriage. "Ok people, let's get inside. Delta-1, there's a window in front of you. Go take a look."

Once in position, Spear looked inside the warehouse and saw nothing. "Looks clear."

"Copy that. Get in there and get to cover." Spear bucked in the window and moved inside the building before moving towards a shipping box. "Delta-2, that door is in our way. Take it down." Shield sprinted at the door and kicked it down. After it was open, he charged towards a forklift. Sentry followed suit and took cover behind a nearby crate.

He looked towards an illuminated area where he could see a unicorn man, standing just out of the light and silently repeating "Hilfe."

"I have eyes on the target. It looks like he is charging a spell." Sentry reported.

"Copy Delta-3. Ok everyone, get in position nearby but do NOT approach. Doctor, see if you can communicate with him. Tell him to stop channeling his magic. If it's to late, any spell charged long enough will result in an explosion."

"I will try. Hallo, wir sind hier, um zu helfen. Bitte beenden sie die kanalisierung magie, oder sie werden als bedrohung behandelt werden. He appears to be in shock."

"Delta, move up slowly and keep your eyes open. I don't like the way this is looking." Delta team moved closer, taking cover behind crates and a boiler. "Delta-2, approach him, slowly," placing as much emphasis on 'slowly' as he could "and cancel out his spell.". Shield moved out of cover and cautiously approached the Guard. When he was in touching distance, he grabbed the overhead lamp with his magic and illuminated the Guard.

"By Celestia." muttered Shield as he saw the state the Guard was in. His eyes had no pupils and periodically pulsed green light. The area around his eyes had no fur and had burn marks. Shield craned his head to see behind the guard but was interrupted when the spell the guard was charging detonated.

"WHAT THE TARTARUS IS GOING ON DOWN THERE!" yelled Shining.

"HE'S DOWN, DELTA-2 IS DOWN!" responded Sword. The sound of foot steps could be heard and she saw a Changeling Underling peek out of cover and fire a spell at Spear. The spell warped his armor and killed him instantly. "DELTA-1 IS DOWN!" She was cut off from saying more by a spell flying by her head. "I'm pinned." she quickly added.

"Damn it, Delta-3 you're flanked too. Find better cover!" Sentry quickly sprinted to a pillar near where the guard was and heard Central say "Attention Delta Squad! Weapons free, I say again weapons free." With a clear view of the Underling, he raised from cover and fired a burst of 5 rounds at it. It was killed and Sword moved towards a box.

She thought to her self "Time to test these bad boys out!" and pulled the pin of the magical grenade and tossed it at the Underling that had killed Spear. The grenade obliterated the cover it had been using and painted the ground with it's blood.

"Now get ready for their counter attack." was heard over their radios.

Sentry looked for enemies and saw too late an Underling flanking Sword. "DELTA-2, LOOK-" was as far as he got before the spell struck and killed her. He sprinted behind a boiler and got a clear shot at the Underling responsible. He took aim and fired.

He waited 30 seconds before contacting Central. "Central, I think that's it. It's over."

XCOM Base, Mission Control

"Roger that Delta. Check the bodies and head back to the Skyranger for immediate extraction." Shining was looking at the last image transmitted by Shield. It looked like an Underling, but was bigger and had a larger horn. He looked to his right and saw the Commander. "Hello Commander, I suppose I should introduce myself. I am Central Officer Armor, your second in command. I'll provide tactical assistance on the ground and advise you on decisions that involve XCOM. I'd recommend beginning at the barracks, we have a soldier awaiting a promotion."


Good morning/afternoon/evening people. Just something I've been working on for a bit. Don't worry you diehard XCOM fans(not an insult, I'm one of them), I'll be sure to have plenty of and moments

Author's Note:

I tried my best, but I'll never be able to beat the true XCOM EU introduction.

XCOM(in game; XCOM, duh)- The eXiled COMbat unit, when activated, will defend Equestria from the Exiled(aka Changelings, Diamond Dogs, King Sombra and Tirek) and those who associate with them.
Central Officer Shining Armor(in game; Central Officer Bradford)- In the event XCOM is activated, Prince Armor will serve as either Junior Commander or as Commander, should the situation arise in which the actual Commander is incapacitated or killed.

Comments ( 3 )

Yeah its a near word for word rip from the opening but I don't care. I welcome and encourage another MLP/X-COM crossover. I love X-COM just reading this makes me want to fire it up and play. Just make it good and don't stop abruptly or give up.

4937733 :twilightblush:Yeah didn't really know how to put it, but I'm gonna try to break away from the script of the game in story missions, like alien base assault. Hell, I'm balancing this while playing Enemy Within on all difficulties(wish me luck), but glitches are making that even more of a bitch than it already is

i gotta say however i loved playingthe game but why don't you try shifiting it to i dont know an over the shold vew pont of flash mean that wold e ntrest[/

Login or register to comment