• Published 29th Jul 2014
  • 763 Views, 21 Comments

Whispering Zero, City of the Dead - Aetaes Wolf



Whisper, a pegasus, and her sister, Spellspark, a unicorn, live in a city overrun by zombies. They just try to survive the zombie ridden city, but Whisper's life get turned upside down when a hunter comes after her...

  • ...
1
 21
 763

Promise of Reunion

Whisper lets out a bored sigh. Spellspark was currently out looking for supplies, leaving Whisper alone. Currently, she was laying on one of the old beds in the cloud house, her sister forbidding her from leaving until her wing was strong enough to let her fly properly.

Its been about three days since she last saw Zero. Though she'd never admit it, she sort of misses having him around, missing the feeling of security she would have when he would rest beside her.

Whisper groans, ears flattening on her head as she stares out the window boredly. Sighing, she gets up, stretching to get rid of the stiffness in her muscles. Quietly she walks to the front of the house, sitting down near an old bookcase. Her gaze falls to the ground, as she lifts her hoof up, lightly brushing it against the pendant around her neck. Laying down on the ground, she pulls the hood of the hoodie Zero had given her up to hide her face. Her mind wanders to a song she had heard when she was younger, she softly begins to sing.

"Now that you've found me, my whole world is brighter... Now that you've touched me, my steps are much lighter... I will defend you, I'll keep you beside me, that's how I'll repay all the kindness you've shown... Oh~"

She twitches her ear, singing the next verse, not noticing the pony outside listening to her as she sings.

"Searching in the dark, scared, and on my own... Now that I have found you, I'll never be alone... And, though we may part ways, this you can be sure... You, I will remember, forever more."

"I won't forget, you'll always be here in my heart, there, you'll keep me strong. Your memory is here... To you, I will keep holding on. Though, I'm afraid... And I want to take your hand... I can now find courage, so on that I'll depend... And, though we may part ways, this won't be the end. You, I will remember... You're my... Best friend."

"Now that you've found me, I've stumbled through fire... Now that you've touched me, I've bloomed like a flower... Now that you're with me, I no longer cower, in silence, hiding... I'm fighting for you."

Letting out a slight grumble, Whisper rests her head on the floor. "I hate being trapped in here..."

A light tapping comes from the window. Whisper's ear twitches, but she ignores the sound. The sound continues.

Tap...

Tap...

Tap...

Blinking, Whisper lifts her head up, looking to the window. A small rock is thrown against it, causing the light tapping sound. Perking a brow, she stands up, walking to the front door and opening it, stepping out onto the balcony, lowering her hood.

Looking round, her eyes widen when she finds what had been caused the rocks to be thrown against the window. Zero stands on a roof a few feet below the cloud house, a dark blue hoodie on him, his yellow eyes fixed on Whisper. Whisper's ear flatten slightly as she looks down at the young Hunter. "Zero! You shouldn't be here! If my sister finds you, she'll-"

"N-nee... Needed... T-to see... See y-you." Zero cuts her off.

Whisper blinks. "Needed to see me? Why?"

Zero adverts his gaze to the the ground below him. "N-needed to... K-kn... Know Whisper w-was... Safe..."

Whisper stares at the Hunter. He wanted to make sure... That I was safe...?

Quickly glancing around, Whisper spread out her wings, gliding down to the roof in front of Zero, startling the Hunter slightly as she lands. Taking a few steps forward, Zero lightly nuzzles Whisper's head, a light purring sound erupting from his throat. Whisper blinks, perking a brow. Ooookay, that's new... Sighing lightly, Whisper folds her wings, her ears perked to hear the sounds around them. "Zero... You shouldn't be here, it's not safe for you. If my sister finds you, she'll kill you, friendly or not."

Zero blinks, looking at Whisper. "Kill.... Zero...?"

Whisper nods. "She kills all infected on sight. She has since this first began." She looks at Zero. "Please, for your own safety, you need to leave! Before she comes back!"

Zero's ears fall back slightly, he just stares at Whisper. Whisper lets out a small breath. "Go before she comes back... Otherwise you're dead."

Zero stares at Whisper for a few moments before reaching into his pocket, pulling out a small box and setting it in front of Whisper. Whisper blinks at the box. "What's this...?"

Zero nudges the box closer to Whisper. "P... Pro... mise.... Promise...."

Whisper blinks, looking to Zero. "Promise of what?"

"Reunion." Whisper blinks at the reply, confused. Zero lightly nuzzles her head before backing away, jumping off the roof onto another building and out of sight.

Whisper watches him for a few moments before turning her attention to the box by her hooves. Picking it up into her mouth, she turns back to the cloud house, spreading her wings, she flies the small distance to house, landing lightly on her hooves. Swiftly, she walks up to the bedroom she was in before. She sits down on the bed, setting the box in front of her.

Tilting her head slightly, she gently lifts the lid of the box up, separating it from the box completely. She blinks at the contents inside. Inside is a black choker, a black cross hanging from it. Hesitating, Whisper picks up the choker, putting it around her neck and adjusting it so it sits comfortably on her neck. Pushing herself off the bed, she walks to mirror sitting on the floor, looking over her appearance. She lifts up her hoof, gently resting it on the cross. Promise of reunion? What did he mean by that...?





........






And why does this cross look familiar?

Author's Note:

Heavily inspired by this!