• Published 29th Jul 2014
  • 764 Views, 21 Comments

Whispering Zero, City of the Dead - Aetaes Wolf



Whisper, a pegasus, and her sister, Spellspark, a unicorn, live in a city overrun by zombies. They just try to survive the zombie ridden city, but Whisper's life get turned upside down when a hunter comes after her...

  • ...
1
 21
 764

Hoard

Whisper awoke to her sister shaking her awake. "Wake up! It's almost sunrise!" Whisper groaned, pulling the blanket she had over her head. "Just a few more minutes...." She felt the blanket being flung off her, she looked up to see her sister looking back at her. Spellspark's horn glows as she picks up Whisper with her magic, and because of how Whisper had been laying down, she was floating upside down. Spellspark looks straight at her sister. "Up. Now."

Whisper muttered, stretching out her legs. "Fine. Put me down, I'm getting dizzy."

Spellspark flipped Whisper over, putting her down on the her hooves. Whisper yawns, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. Spellspark pick up her gun, putting it in the holster attached to her waist. "I'm going out, I'll let you wake up a bit before you head out." With that, she teleports away.

Whisper lets out a breath, sitting down. She looks out the window, the sun starting to come up over the horizon. She looks down at her injured leg. The bandages that she had wrapped around it were now blood soaked. She sighs. I should change the bandage... Whisper glides to her satchel, digging through it and pulling out some more bandages. She unwraps the bandages around her leg, tossing them aside, Taking the clean bandages, she carefully covers her wound, making sure the bandages are wrapped tightly around her leg. She grabs she sword, attaching it to her side and slinging her satchel around her shoulders. Walking to the edge of the cloud home, she spreads her wings, taking flight. She glides through the air, she eyes fixed on the city below. Right, now where was that building? There was more supplies in it...

Whisper grins as she spot the shattered window. Bingo! She lands in the building, careful not to touch the broken glass. Whisper walks over to the remaining boxes, taking her sword in her mouth and slashing the sides open. It's contents spill onto the floor, med kits, and some food and water. She immediately begins fill her satchel, putting in as much as she can carry.

She twitches her ear as a sound comes closer. She quickly closes her satchel, quietly stepping her way back to the window. She freezes when she hears the sound of glass cracking underneath her hoof. She looks to the door, her eyes widening as a hoard of infected rush towards her, a Tank at its head. "Shit!" She darts into the air, flattening herself against the ceiling. The tank rushes past her, the hoard attempting to reach her. She darts through the building, the window blocked by the infected.

Whisper darts up the stairs, getting to the roof as fast as she can. She flies up high above the hoard, so they can't reach her. The hoard spills out on the roof, Whisper grins, sticking her toungue out at them. "HA! Can't get me now!" She blinks, watching the Tank pull up a piece of the roof. She groans. "You've GOT to be kidding!" The Tank tosses the piece of the roof, Whispers eyes widen as she darts away to avoid it. As she begins to move away, something slams into her side, sending her crashing onto a roof that was nearby. She can only see a blurred figure, before darkness engulfs her.


"Daddy! Wait for me!" A grey pegasus filly runs across a grassy field, her pure white mane blowing behind her, her light blue eyes fixed on the black unicorn colt in front of her. The black colt glances his green eyes to the filly behind him, his short pure white mane blowing gently in the breeze. He takes a few steps forward. "Keep up, don't fall behind!"

"Daddy! Wait!" The filly runs to try to catch up to him, tripping on a rock and falling forward. Tears form in her eyes as the pain from the fall sets in, she sits up. She blinks as she feels herself being picked up. The colt's horn glows red as he picks up the filly with his magic, placing her on his back. He begins to walk. "A small fall shouldn't brings tears to your eyes. You need to be strong, Whispering Wind. You can't always rely on others to help you."

The filly lowers her ears, looking down. The colt glances at her, letting out a sigh. "We won't always be here for you. You need to be strong, if not for yourself, then for your sister."

The filly sniffs, wiping the tears from her eyes. "O-okay..."

The colt smiles. "Good girl. Now, let's so find your mother and sister."