• Published 29th Jul 2014
  • 763 Views, 21 Comments

Whispering Zero, City of the Dead - Aetaes Wolf



Whisper, a pegasus, and her sister, Spellspark, a unicorn, live in a city overrun by zombies. They just try to survive the zombie ridden city, but Whisper's life get turned upside down when a hunter comes after her...

  • ...
1
 21
 763

Family

Whisper awoke to the sounds of fighting, she immediately get up, going into a fighting stance. She looks around, seeing the empty room she fell asleep in. Turning her head to the door she cautiously walks toward it, opening it slightly to look outside. Her blue eyes widen, outside the door Zero is fending off a smoker. While the smoker has a few wounds on it, Zero seems to have taken the most damage, wounds scattering his body. Whisper gasps as the smoker slams Zero against a wall, causing him to slump to the ground. Before the smoker can make another move, Whisper darts out of the room and places herself between the smoker and Zero, spreading her wings spread wide and taking a defensive stance. "THAT'S ENOUGH!"

Zero lifts his head to look at her, eyes widening. "N-no.... N-no.. t.... Not... Safe....."

The smoker looks at Zero then Whisper, confused, before letting out a growl. Whisper just glares at the smoker, not backing down. "Back. Down. NOW." She hisses, taking a step forward. "I'm giving you only one warning, smoker. Leave. NOW!"

The smoker snarls, as it begins to charge at her, only to stop when Whisper has her sword only inches away from its neck. "Don't think I won't use this."

Growling, the smoker backs away, disappearing down the hall. Whisper lets out a breath. Sheathing her sword, she walks over to Zero. "Come up, let's get you fixed up." She kneels down, helping Zero to stand and allowing him to lean on her, wrapping her wing protectively around him as she leads him back inside the room.

Leading him to the bed, Whisper helps Zero lie down, then runs over to her satchel. Picking up the necessary items, she walks over to Zero, putting them down in front of her. She brushes Zero's mane away from his eyes to get at the cut just above his left eye. She smiles weakly. "Got hurt pretty bad, huh?" Grabbing a rag, Whisper pours some disinfectant onto it and gently presses it to the wound. Zero hisses and backs away, letting out a low growl. Whisper huffs. "Look, I'm just trying to help you, so sit still and let me tend to your wounds!"

Zero blinks, staring at her for a few moments before coming closer to her. Whisper smiles. "Good boy."

Zero stays still as Whisper tends to his wounds, hissing from the disinfectant when she uses it. Whisper pauses for a moment before continuing. "I want to thank you.... For protecting me."

Zero blinks, tilting his head slightly as she continues. "You probably fend off a lot infected just to keep me safe... So.... Thank you. For everything."

Zero just smiles as Whisper finishes wrapping up the last of his wounds. Whisper gently lays down beside him. "I guess some of the skills my sister taught me were useful after all."

Zero rests his head on the bed. "S... S... Sis.... ter...?"

Whisper nods, resting her head down on the bed as well. "Yeah, she's a unicorn, so she can use magic. I've always been a bit jealous of her because of it, but I guess that's because I'm the only pegasus in my family." She twitches her ear. "Apparently sometime ago my family was a noble unicorn family, and it was tradition that they marry other unicorns. But one of them fell in love with a pegasus and ran off and married them. Years past, and the unicorns kept up the tradition, so after a while, my family thought the pegasus gene died out. Then I was born." Whisper sighs. "I was given special treatment because of it. I understood why, but I didn't like it. But I was an impossibility that happened." She smiles slightly. "I went off track... I was talking about my sister, wasn't I? My sister and I.... We have our disagreements, but she's my family, we look out for each other. But... Family doesn't just mean by blood. It could also mean friends."

Zero glances at Whisper. "F... Fr... Fri.... end..? Friend..?"

Whisper nods. "Yeah, a friend. Someone who is attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard, one who give assistance, on friendly terms with somepony else."

Zero lifts his head up, looking at Whisper. "Whisper.... Friend..?"

Whisper chuckles lightly. "Yes, I suppose I am."

Zero smiles, resting his head against Whisper's. "Whisper... Family."

Whisper blinks, looking at Zero in confusion for a few moments before smiling softly. "Yes, Zero. I'm your family."

Author's Note:

YAY RANDOM CRAP HAPPENING THAT'S GETTING ME SIDE-TRACKED FROM THIS STORY! WHY IS MY CAPS LOCK ON!? I DON'T KNOW!