• Published 29th Jul 2014
  • 764 Views, 21 Comments

Whispering Zero, City of the Dead - Aetaes Wolf



Whisper, a pegasus, and her sister, Spellspark, a unicorn, live in a city overrun by zombies. They just try to survive the zombie ridden city, but Whisper's life get turned upside down when a hunter comes after her...

  • ...
1
 21
 764

Close Encounter

Whisper glides through the air, her ears strained to listen to the sound below her while her eyes are fixed on the city itself. She takes a deep breath. Alright... Witch was really close, But I didn't startle it! Gotta shake it off.... Whisper lands on one of the metal bars on a radio tower, up near the top of it. She lifts her hoof up to her chest, taking in a breath as she does. She moves her hoof away from her, letting out a breath as she does. It's just a zombie.... Just a thing that you can kill... Damn, I can't let my fear get to me like this! She spreads out her wings, letting what little wind there was brush through her feathers. Stay calm.... Stay calm..... Whisper takes a deep breath, once again taking to the air.

Whisper keeps her eyes on the city, watching the zombies below her. She blinks, looking at one of the towering buildings. She flies to the window. A few boxes are in the room in front of her, though a few zombies lurked near it. Whisper smirks. Bingo! Unopened boxes! She flies to the roof, quietly landing on her hooves. She walks to the door leading into the building, carefully opening it. She lets out a small sigh of relief, the door made no noise as she opened it. Carefully, she grabs the hilt of her sword in her mouth, unsheathing it. She looks down the stairs leading to the roof, no zombie occupied this area. As quietly as she could, Whisper walked down the stairs into the building.

She crept into the hall, noticing the elevator door was wide open. She went to the edge of the floor, looking down the elevator shaft. The wires that once held the elevator had snapped, the elevator mostly likely destroyed somewhere at the bottom at the shaft. Whisper spreads her wings, carefully flying down the shaft. Eleventh floor.... Eleventh floor..... She watched the numbers on the shaft doors decrease until she reached the correct floor. Her ears drooped a bit as an annoyed look came onto her face. The door is closed..... Great..... She sheathes her sword, putting her hoofs against the small crack in the door. This is gonna cause a lot of fucking noise. She pushes with all her strength. The loud screeching sound of the door as it opened echoed through the shaft. Her ear twitched as the sound of zombies grew closer to the shaft from above. Damn it! Just a little more! She opens it just enough for her to squeeze through. Whisper enters the room, quickly closing the door again behind her, grabbing a large desk and shoving it in front of the elevator, gasping for breath. Her eyes widen and her ears go flat as she hears the zombies clawing at the door from the other side. Shit! Gotta move fast!

Whisper quickly unsheathes her sword, quickly flying to the room she had seen the supplies in. She stops short, seeing a few zombies in front of her, landing quickly on the ground. Her gaze hardens and her eyes narrow. Three... Normal infected. Shouldn't be too difficult. She puts a hoof in front of her, letting out a breath, she walks into the room.

The first of the zombies noticed her, it immediately comes after her. Whisper spreads her wings, getting quickly into the air, the zombie running right past her. She kicks its head, causing it to fall over. As it starts to get back up, Whisper rams her sword into it's head, the blow from it sending some of its blood flying. Whisper cringes a bit as some of the blood ends up on her. Yuck! Damn! Zombie blood all over my face! She lets out a yipe as the next zombie tackles her to the floor. The zombie claws at her hind leg. "GAH!" Whisper lets out a scream as the zombie digs it's claws into her leg, blood now seeping from it. She bucks with her uninjured leg, sliding it off far enough for her to kick it in the face. The zombie growls, Whisper takes to the air, the zombie falling off her legs. She dives down, cutting off its head with her sword. The growl from the third zombie alerted her, she looks at it, just noticing it running straight towards her. She flies up, flattening herself against the ceiling. The zombies runs past her, shattering the window and falling out of the building. Whisper smirks, landing on the ground, though wincing when she puts weight on her injured leg. She flies back up again, deciding to remain in the air.

Whisper flies to the boxes, using the tip of her sword to cut them open. She sheathes her weapon, rolling up the bottom of her sweater to reveal a hidden satchel that she had slung around her shoulders. Quickly, she fills the satchel with the supplies in the boxes, Med kits, water, and some food that had been stored here. Once finished, she closes her satchel, rolling her sweater back down again. She looks down the hall she had come from. Can't go back that way.... Too many zombies.... She looks at the broken window the zombie had crashed into. Well, I suppose that exit will have to do! Whisper flies out, flying up so she can get above the city.

Something wraps around Whisper's waist, causing her stop in the air. What the- Whatever had grabbed her, was now wrapping around the rest of her upper body, forcing her wings against her back and rendering her front hooves useless. She's pulled back, slamming against the side of the building, now hanging upside down. She was being pulled up, a putrid scent hitting her nose. Glk.... Smoker..... Uuugh... I feel like I'm going to throw up.... The smoker pulls Whisper upward, hanging her in front of it for a few seconds. Whisper kicks the smoker, hitting it in the head. The smoker lets out a roar, releasing Whisper from its grip. Whisper immediately flies as fast as she can back to the home she had made in the cloud house.


Whisper sits on the cloud just outside of the cloud house, bandaging her wounded leg. She ties the ends of the bandages in a knot, making sure its nice and tight. She walks into the house, taking off her sword and setting it down. "I'M BACK!"

Spellspark walks down the stairs leading up to the second floor, giving a smile when she sees her sister. "Welcome back! Find anything good?"

Whisper takes off her sweater, placing down on the floor before pulling off the satchel. "Some water, a few med packs, and some food." She sets the satchel on a nearby chair. "I'm going for a shower."

"Long day?"

Whisper walks toward the bathroom. "I had a fucking smoker wrap its fucking tongue around my body."

Spellspark giggles a bit. "Maybe it liked you."

Whisper rolls her eyes. "No. It was fucking disgusting."

Spellspark smirks. "You suuuuuuure?"

Whisper glares at her sister. "I'm going to kill you if you don't stop."

Spellspark chuckles. "Alright, alright. Go have your shower."

Whisper walks into the bathroom, closing the door behind her. She walks into the shower, pulling over the curtain and turning on the water. She lets out a breath as the water hit her, the streams comforting. At least I can relax for the rest of the day....

Author's Note:

Have a picture of Spellspark!