• Published 30th Sep 2014
  • 374 Views, 0 Comments

Out of the Blue - shysage



What am I supposed to do when my 'OC', Summer Rain walks up behind me 'out of the blue' and starts talking to me? I don't know...

  • ...
 0
 374

Chapter 2

I never know what will happen when I go to sleep.

Sometimes I sleep fine. Other times, I wake up in the middle of the night, going over an existing scene that I am working on, or maybe a new scene that I still need to write. Sometimes, I actually wake up to an idea for a new story. Sometimes I just wake up and realize I am alone.

This particular night, I actually fell asleep quickly enough. But I woke up at maybe 3 a.m.., wide awake.

I guess I was waiting for some storyline to begin to flow through my head. I really didn't mind this part, it was just almost impossible to fall back asleep after my head worked through a chapter a few times.

Out of the Blue... "Shysage..." I heard next, quietly...

There is a low window next to my bed, and it was open all the way, and it sounded like the voice came from there. It was Summer's voice, of course.

"Summer, where are you?" I asked very quietly.

"I think I'm outside the window. I can hear you just fine, well quietly." she said back.

I just sighed at that point. I couldn't talk to her for very long through the window, or somepony else in the house would wake up and want to know what kind of dream I was having, or how much soda I had the last evening, or...

I thought a minute, then said quietly "Summer, I need you in here if we are going to talk. I am going to close my eyes, and you tell me when I can open them."

To be honest, I figured I would probably just fall back asleep.

Instead, after a little while, I am pretty sure I felt the added pressure on the blankets, of Summer sitting or laying down on top of the covers behind me.

"Is this better?" She whispered.

I just smiled, and whispered back "Yes, that's much better."

And by the way, I had no other plans or desires besides just talking to her. Besides, she was a pony, and I would never...

"You can open your eyes now, just don't turn around" She whispered softly.

It was quiet for a minute.

"Summer, I won't ask how you found me, but again, I'm glad you are here." I whispered.

"I'm glad I could come back, but I'm not really sure how I did it." she whispered, sounding slightly confused.

"Well, Summer, don't worry about it. Let's just take this as it comes" I whispered.

"That's easy for you to say" she whispered, then began to weep softly.

I fought the urge to hug her, and just said very quietly "Summer, I would hug you if I could."

"I know Shysage. And you are right, I should be glad I am here right now." She replied very quietly.

It was quiet for a minute or two.

The conversation that follows took place VERY quietly.

"Summer, do you think you will disappear if I touch you?" I asked.

Summer replied honestly "I don't know, but I don't really want to find out. It was really hard suddenly being taken away from you last time."

I could tell Summer was trying not to cry. I also knew that it was my fault...

"I'm sorry Summer, I just hurt for you when you cried" I said.

"I know Shysage, that's just the way you are. But it hurts more to have to leave like that, so..." Summer said, then stopped, again trying not to cry.

"Summer, I understand. And I don't ever want to hurt you." I said.

It was quiet for a minute or two.

"Shysage, do you mind me being here next to you?" Summer asked.

I think I almost laughed quietly, then I said "Oh, Summer... What hurts me the most is being alone. You bring light to my soul when you are here. I can't explain it. You can stay as long as you want."

I thought about this a minute, then added "And if I fall asleep, don't take it as a statement. It is just the middle of the night, and I suspect I will sleep better with you near."

"I know Shysage, and that's ok. I just enjoy being near you, so that is fine" Summer replied.

I thought about asking her what time of the day it was where she came from, but remembered that asking questions like that seemed to trouble her last time.

"Summer, do you remember what you said after I got my memory back in Fury Run?" I asked.

"I think you probably mean the part where I said that not being able to talk to you was maybe the hardest. Is this right?" she said slowly.

"Yes, Summer... I knew you would feel that way. And I honestly feel that way too, by the way. I still don't understand what is happening here, but if talking together is all we are ever able to do, that would be amazing to me" I replied.

"We are on the same page, Stallion" Summer said this then laughed, quietly.

I love her laugh.

I think Summer was thinking a minute here though.

"Shysage, I don't know if you know me so well because you wrote me that way, or if you just understand the way I am. It really is amazing though" Summer said.

"Well, I think I could say the same thing. You seem to be able to read me very well, and you didn't write me into being, so that is very amazing" I said back.

I thought for a minute, then just sighed...

"Summer, being able to talk to you is absolutely amazing..." I said quietly.

Still, having Summer there was very comforting... relaxing... I was falling asleep...

I woke myself up, and said softly "Summer, I am falling asleep. Still, I will probably sleep very well with you near."

She said back, just as softly "Shysage, it's ok if you sleep. Just being here is nice for me too.

I started to nod off again.

I woke up long enough to say "Thank you, Summer. I think I need you."

She said back "I need you too Stallion", and I think she gently nudged my back through the covers.

The pressure on the covers was still there, so I don't think she disappeared.

Still, in the morning, she was gone...

Another harsh day would soon begin...

...but later that afternoon, I found the screen for my window on the ground...

Author's Note:

Hmm... I wrote this months ago...

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment