• Published 21st Jul 2014
  • 435 Views, 2 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 5 -- Faded Memories - shysage



A simple Unicorn mare falls into a terrible trap, and ALL Equestria 'forgets'...

  • ...
20
 2
 435

Chapter 20, Twins, Part 7

Shysage's Mare said quietly to Shysage "Stallion, my Twin is hurting a lot, and it is rapidly getting worse... I'm not sure this is the best time to--"

...

Another stallion walked quickly towards the 3 ponies at that point.

Once this stallion got close, he walked very slowly, then stopped, maybe ten feet away, and sat down. He looked completely amazed too, and very bewildered...

...

Equestria Girls Summer Rain recognized this stallion instantly, froze, then burst into tears, and was just sobbing... She was almost hysterical...

Equestria pony Summer was absolutely shocked...

...

...

...

...

It was Shysage's Twin... It was Equestria pony Shysage...

...

...

...

...

Shysage moved quickly and sat right in front of him... They both put one of their front legs around the other's neck at the same time, hugged each other tightly, and began to cry softly. Their 'Soul Link' aura was light Brown.

...

...

...

They both sifted through the other's lives, but Equestria Girls Shysage was quickly after very specific information.

He wanted to make sure his Twin wasn't a creep. Summer's Twin didn't deserve that.

But Shysage quickly found that he was not. His Twin was just as sensitive as he was, and carried the same sea of pain from a self-consumed mare, and a family that just took what they wanted from him and walked off. His Mare had died very recently. Otherwise, they were nearly identical.

...

...

...

Both sobbing now, the Summer Twins 'Soul-Linked' right next to them, with Shysage's Mare next to him.

Shysage just brought his other leg next to his Mare's leg, wrapped it around her's, and the Summer Twins joined the link. All four were linked together...

...

...

...

...They weren't linked very long though, and both Shysages broke the link at exactly the same time, turned away, and began to sob violently... ...at the same time... ...in exactly the same way...

Every single time that Equestria Girls Shysage saw his amazing Mare from the inside... The result was the same... He knew that he simply did not deserve this amazing Mare, with whom he had been through so much...

Equestria pony Shysage saw the most beautiful mare he had EVER seen, but both on the INSIDE as well as the outside... She was far more amazing than he even thought possible... And he realized he had nothing to offer... He was worse than 'damaged goods' -- he was completely shattered inside... And he was older than she, surely she would want better... He just didn't deserve her. He doubted she would even be interested...

Both Shysages said together, while crying, in the same way, at the same time, quietly "I don't deserve you..."

...

Both Summers were already crying gut-wrenching sobs, at the same time... ...in the same way...

Equestria Girls Summer realized that she could easily look the rest of her life, and NEVER find a stallion as sensitive and caring as the one she was facing... Even though shattered, he had just continued to give... She was awestruck...

Equestria pony Summer already knew this treasure she had somehow found... Even though shattered, he had just continued to give... ...for years... She was still awestruck...

Though their tears, both Summers pleaded, the exact same way, at the exact same time...

"Shysage... I want you... Please..."

...

Both stallions heard this from the mare behind each of them... Their crying slowed, but they were still crying... the same way, at the same time...

Equestria pony Shysage had known all along how to have an amazing family. His mare had fixed that, and fixed it good... She was gone now though, and he often dreamed of starting over, and doing it 'right'... Then he would wake up -- he didn't think he had that many years left, even if...

Equestria Girls Shysage knew age wasn't an issue, not any more. But he still carried 'obligations' from his home world... He had managed to find a way to take care of his Mare in Equestria, but still... He felt like he had a 'ball and chain' around his neck, and no way to remove it, and no end in sight...

While crying, both Shysages said together, slowly

"But I have nothing left..."

...

Both Summer's crying slowed. They didn't stop crying, but they weren't crying as hard.

Both Summers, together, knew exactly what to say...

They said it quietly, softly, while trying not to cry...

"Shysage, that's because you need me... ...and I need you..."

...

Both Shysages stopped crying immediately, at exactly the same time, then turned around, and sat facing the mare now facing them...

Equestria Girls Shysage looked into his Mare's eyes... He couldn't look away...

Equestria pony Shysage realized that the mare sitting facing him had said all that he had heard... ...to him... And even now, she was looking straight into his eyes, into his soul, it seemed... He couldn't look away...

...

Both Summers reached their head forward, and gently rubbed the nose of the Shysage facing them...

Both Summers then said softly and quietly, at the same time "Shysage... I want you... I need you... I don't ever want to leave you... And I don't ever want you to leave me..."

...

Both Shysages moved forward, close enough to hug the Summer facing them, and were soon crying deeply again on her shoulders.

Well, at this point, each Summer and each Shysage were crying on each other's shoulders... ...at exactly the same time... ...in exactly the same way...

Everypony cried on each other's shoulders for maybe half an hour.

Then it was quiet, and both Shysages pulled gently away from both Summers.

...

Equestria pony Shysage quietly asked the mare facing him "Summer? Are you sure about this?"

Equestria Girls Summer simply collapsed into tears on his shoulder.

Equestria pony Shysage just hugged her tightly.

Equestria pony Shysage then said to his Twin "I don't know where you found this angel, but thanks."

Equestria Girls Shysage said pointedly "Well, see that you take good care of her, she is priceless... ...She has been nothing less than a true friend to both my Mare and myself."

Equestria pony Shysage gently lifted Equestria Girls Summer's head, and looked into her amazing blue eyes, and began to cry... ...then he said softly "I don't think... ...I don't think I can NOT take care of her..." Then he wept on her shoulders...

Shysage's Mare looked lovingly into Shysage's eyes at that point; at least she realized that what one said, was generally true for both of them. Her Stallion began to cry himself, and simply said "I'm sorry... I just care deeply for both of these amazing mares..." Then he wept on his Mare's shoulders...

...

Shysage's Mare knew what needed to happen next. She called her Twin over under the oak tree, and they sat on opposite sides. Of course their Shysages were quickly sitting facing them.

Both Summers said softly "Shysage, I am deeply sorry that your family has left such pain inside you..."

This simple question broke the dam open... Both Shysages burst into tears, and fell to the ground, and curled up into a ball, feeling a sea of senseless, auguring pain, and just cried...

Both Summers simply laid on their bellies, slid their front feet under their Shysage's head, wrapped their neck over their Shysage's neck, and just cried with them.

This made both Shysage's cry harder...

...but both Summers were 'bleeding down' the sea of pain both Shysages carried...

Shysage's Mare knew she could do this. It was time...

It took over six hours... This time anyway...

...

At exactly the same time, both Shysages' crying trailed off.

Then they both sighed, at the same time.

Then both Shysages looked up at the mare that cried with them, and said softly "I love you..."

At this, both mares began to cry, and cried a while.

Then everypony got up, and both Shysages were sitting next to their Summers.


It was early evening...

Equestria Girls Shysage said to his Twin "Twin, do you have things here that require your attention?"

Equestria pony Shysage answered back quietly "I have been living in a shack on the back of somepony elses' home. My mare died two weeks before we all 'forgot', and my kids ignore me. I have nothing left here. I could easily walk away and never come back, and nopony would notice or care."

This sounded all too familiar to Equestria Girls Shysage...

Equestria Girls Summer hugged Equestria pony Shysage at this point, and rubbed his nose with hers. "You can come with me..."

Equestria pony Shysage replied softly and slowly "That... ...would be amazing..."

It was quiet for a minute, then Equestria Girls Shysage said "Well, we really have nowhere we can go this late, so I'm thinking we will just stay here. You both just stay at this tree, and we will find another one close, but outside of Twin Link range. In the morning, just stay here, and we will come get you."


Shysage and his Mare were soon laying on their bellies next to each other under a similar Oak tree, maybe a mile away from their Twins.

Shysage spoke quietly "I want to ask if you think my Twin will be good for your Twin. But I already know what the answer should be. I just hope it is."

Summer replied softly "Shysage, I know you are amazing for me."

It was quiet for a minute.

"Summer, how is your Twin doing now? Do you know?" Shysage asked quietly.

"Shysage, she is ecstatic... I should trust my Stallion to take care of us. All along, you were taking us to the only pony--" Summer got this much out, then was crying loudly again...

Shysage rolled over on his side, then gently pulled his crying Mare up against his chest, then he just cried with her.

Summer's crying soon trailed off, and it was quiet a few minutes.

Shysage mentioned softly "I hope they don't have a foal right away. I know we really struggle with that..."

"Well Shysage, I think my Twin has been 'taking notes', so maybe they will be ok" Summer said this, then laughed a little.

"And by the way, she knows that 'just feeling amazing' is not what she needed, she realized her stallion was really what she needed."

Shysage added "Still, I just hope your Twin realizes the difference between my Twin and I. I am from Equestria, so my physical responses here are muted. My Twin grew up here, and so his physical responses here will be much more pronounced. But, if they end up in the Equestria Girls world, things may be slower for him, so I don't know."

Summer became a little more serious and said "Well, my Twin is very attached to her parents, and so I think they will try to do things right for the Equestria Girls world, and I can't see them living here anyway, at least short term."

"I'm concerned for her sister, too..." Shysage said quietly.

"I know, there will need to be some adjustments. We will need to watch how they work that out." Summer replied. "Still, you give Fluttershy and I a lot of freedom, and that really helps. Maybe they will work something similar out."

It was quiet again for a few minutes.

"Summer, what do you think they are doing right now?" Shysage asked quietly.

Summer thought a minute then began "Well, my Twin knows why we sleep like this, and so they are probably laying just like we are.

"Still, they are probably just hugging and weeping softly together, at having found somepony so... ...absolutely... ...amazing..."

Well Shysage and his Mare were now hugging and weeping softly together too...