• Published 21st Jul 2014
  • 434 Views, 2 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 5 -- Faded Memories - shysage



A simple Unicorn mare falls into a terrible trap, and ALL Equestria 'forgets'...

  • ...
20
 2
 434

Chapter 15, Whatzit

Everyponies' eyes were still moist...

Princess Celestia said quietly "Princess Twilight, please help Equestria 'remember'..."

Shysage turned himself into a people long enough to pull out the folded piece of paper with the spell details on it, and Princess Twilight took the paper using her magic.

Summer walked over towards her Stallion to turn him back into a pony, then watched him turn himself back into a pony, then she smiled at him, and they rubbed noses briefly, then sat down together.

Princess Twilight and her Twin walked back over to the circular patch of grass, as Princess gave the paper to her Twin to review as well.

"Girls, please come back over here" Princess asked next.

Equestria Girls Summer just walked over next to her Twin, who was next to Shysage, and sat next to them. Neither Summer had an 'Element of Harmony', and so they were not a part of what needed to happen next.

The Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and Applejack Twins joined Princess Twilight and her Twin in that small grass circle, and spread themselves around the circumference of it, Twin next to Twin.

"Twilight, once the Group Link is active, we will cast these three spells backwards, starting with the bottom spell on the paper" Princess Twilight directed.

Princess Twilight then sought the Group Link, and it was active immediately.

Princess Twilight and her Twin then cast the same three spells, backwards...

The result was a visible, magical conduit, the same diameter as the circle of the 12 'Elements of Harmony', still slowly rotating above each ponies' head. The outer surface of the conduit was a varying plaid of the six colors of the elements, and it extended up into the sky, much higher than anyone could even see...


Reversing the spells took effect immediately, as the ponies around Canterlot stopped wandering aimlessly, right away.

And the background music mysteriously faded away at this point.

The first six guards who reported to Shining Armor became an Honor Guard standing around Star Dusk's body...

And within fifteen minutes, most of the ponies in Canterlot were on the Commons lawn, surrounding the Princesses, and cheering.

As the spells were reversed, it also looked like a fine, White powder began to fall from the upper atmosphere. Reports later indicated this happened all over Equestria.

It almost looked like snow, and the small White flakes, fell slowly through the atmosphere to the ground over a period of maybe fifteen minutes.

The White stuff didn't disappear when it fell on the grass, but simply coated the grass with a fine coating.

Shysage laughed, and ate some of the grass -- it tasted very good. Later they would find out that ponies all over Equestria made this same discovery.

Still, around Equestria, nopony knew what to call the stuff, and so the most common name recorded later was 'Whatzit', a shortened form of 'What is it?' Well, nopony knew what it was.

An hour later, and what had not been eaten simply melted away and was gone.


Well, of course, the Rainbow Dash Twins had to try a double, reverse, magical Sonic Rainboom again.

It worked.

It wasn't 'blind', but it was very loud, and the rainbow and Purple shock wave radiated rapidly beyond the ends of the Realm.

This seemed to indicate to Equestria that the realm was alive again...