• Published 21st Jul 2014
  • 435 Views, 2 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 5 -- Faded Memories - shysage



A simple Unicorn mare falls into a terrible trap, and ALL Equestria 'forgets'...

  • ...
20
 2
 435

Chapter 2, Shysage's Mare

A month before she actually talked to PonyRos, Star Dusk had jumped into the middle of the book "The Chronicles of Summer Rain" in the Canterlot Library. This happened on one random evening when she actually went to the Library. Trixie was there, of course, and Star Dusk was trying to avoid her.

This book was part of a set on the back of the 'Latest Additions' table in the Library lobby. Star Dusk sneaked to a secluded reading spot with this book, and started to read. Well, she was really 'skimming', jumping through, and only reading select paragraphs, just to try to get the general idea.

But the part she jumped in at, covered how some ponies came back through 'the Portal' and basically took Equestria back from Sunset Shimmer. When she realized the significance of this, Star Dusk began reading a little more carefully, until she found out that this 'Portal' thing was in the Crystal Palace.

Star Dusk lost interest in the book at that point. She closed it, then put it back on the table on her way out, on that day.

Equestria was now her's. Well she was the ruler anyway, as far as she could tell. PonyRos had given her no other directions here, and Star Dusk didn't think he even cared.

After talking to PonyRos, Star Dusk remembered this book, and what little she had read in it. She realized the 'Portal' needed to be 'secured'.

Well, now was the time for that task, and she had read in the book where she needed to go to do that.

After posting her new 'guard', Star Dusk walked back to the Air Coach, climbed in, then said curtly "Take me to the Crystal Palace."

They did.

Less than an hour later, Star Dusk climbed out of the Air Coach, then looked up at the Crystal Palace. It was huge... "How am I going to find the Portal..." Star Dusk thought to herself in dismay.

Maybe she needed a 'Portal Guard'. Star Dusk wandered until she found the entrance to the Palace, then she began wandering around inside. Star Dusk soon found a very official looking stallion. He was dressed similarly to her guard in Canterlot.

"You there, stallion, come here."

"Of course Star Dusk, for you are great" the guard replied.

"Stallion, I need you to help me. You are going to do what I say, right?"

"Of course Star Dusk, for you are great" the guard replied again.

Star Dusk next canceled the memory spell on this stallion then said again

"Stallion, I need you to help me. You are going to do what I say, right?"

The answer came back again "Of course Star Dusk, for you are great."

"Good, I need you to take me to 'the Portal' " Star Dusk said.

They were soon on their way. Star Dusk felt she had asked the right stallion for help. She guessed the location of this Portal thing was probably not well known.

The guard opened the doors to the Portal room, and Star Dusk walked up to the 'Portal'. Well, it had to be, it was the only thing in this room, besides a random piece of crystal laying along one wall. Star Dusk then cast the same three spells on the Portal itself.

Then she smiled... Anyone who came through this would forget too...

"Empress Star Dusk... I think I like that best" Star Dusk thought to herself.

"Guard, take me back to the Air Coach" Star Dusk barked next.

On the way back down, Star Dusk realized that the way to the Portal Room was too complex for her to even try to remember. Oh well, she had sealed it off.

Once back at the Air Coach, she said to her second new 'guard' "Guard, go back up to the room where the Portal is. You know what to do."

He quickly left, and headed back up to the Portal.


Star Dusk climbed back into the Air Coach.

"Take me to Ponyville" Star Dusk yelled.

They did.

The Air Coach landed next to a big Castle that Star Dusk didn't even know existed.

"Seriously, in Ponyville?" she said out loud, laughing.

Star Dusk had only one goal here. Having no luck with stallions, Star Dusk had already decided to try a mare. This wasn't unheard of in Equestria, but it was rare. And she'd had enough of stallions for a while, and didn't think she had to be afraid of another mare. Besides, her third spell was intended to make this easier.

On Star Dusk's last visit here, she noticed the most beautiful mare she had ever seen, anywhere... ...here, in insignificant little Ponyville. If she was going to try this, she wanted to make the best of it.

Star Dusk began wandering around Ponyville. This town was so small compared to Canterlot. Star Dusk laughed again "And they have a Castle here!"

Star Dusk found this mare, on the East side of town.

"You there, mare, come with me."

"Uhm, ok..." is the response that came back.

Still, the mare followed Star Dusk, slowly anyway.

This mare was really beautiful. Star Dusk was sure she had found the right one.

Once they were back to the Air Coach, Star Dusk made a funny discovery.

Princess Twilight was already sitting in the Air Coach.

"What are you doing?" Star Dusk yelled.

Princess Twilight sounded like a little girl... "I think these are fun, can I go for a ride?"

Star Dusk laughed... Princess Twilight reduced to wanting a fun ride in an Air Coach....

"Just get out" Star Dusk yelled again.

Princess Twilight said "Ok, Star Dusk, for you are great", and slowly got out of the Air Coach, and wandered off.

Turning back to the mare, Star Dusk said softly "Please get in the Air Coach."

"I... I can't..." the mare said slowly.

Star Dusk thought to herself. Maybe the spells didn't set well on this one.

Star Dusk cast to cancel the memory spell, and this mare immediately began running away. Star Dusk quickly cast a light sleep spell, and the mare stopped runing, almost falling over. Star Dusk recast the memory spell, and erased the sleep spell.

Star Dusk walked back over, then said "Come with me."

"Uhm, ok..." is the response that came back again.

Still, the mare again followed Star Dusk, slowly anyway.

Once back to the Air Coach, Star Dusk again said softly "Please get in the Air Coach."

"I... I can't..." the mare said again...

Star Dusk honestly didn't know what was going wrong. This shouldn't be happening. The allegiance spell worked fine on everypony else...

It took a few minutes, and the mare struggled, and it wasn't pretty, but Star Dusk was able to use her magic and her own legs to get the mare into the Air Coach, and harnessed up.

And it looked like some sort of quaint looking necklace was around her neck, and it got ripped off, and was on the floor of the Air Coach now, but Star Dusk ignored it.

"I hope the rest of the day doesn't go like this..." Star Dusk said out loud.

Star Dusk climbed into the Air Coach herself, on the other side. "Take us back to Canterlot" she said forcefully.

They did.

After a little over an hour, the Air Coach landed in the grass in Canterlot where it had started today's journey.

Star Dusk got out, then asked the mare to get out of the Air Coach too. The mare got out by herself, but said nothing.

Star Dusk said calmly "Please follow me."

"Uhm, ok..." is the response that came back...

The mare followed Star Dusk, and they walked over to the large doors to the Audience Hall, to her new guard.

"Guard, we wish to not be disturbed." She said simply.

Star Dusk used her magic to open the big doors, then closed them after they were both inside.

Star Dusk walked maybe 30 steps into the Audience Hall, then sat down.

"Sit next to me please" Star Dusk said to the mare.

The mare said "Uhm, ok..." then sat down near Star Dusk.

"I hope we can have a good time together" Star Dusk said to the mare.


Decency compels us to substantially abridge what happened in the next maybe half an hour.

Star Dusk wanted this mare to touch her... ...various places...

This mare refused, and began repeating the same few words...

"I can't... I'm Shysage's Mare..."

Star Dusk tried recasting all three spells, a few times, it made no difference.

Star Dusk tried using her magic to help the result she wanted, the mare simply pulled away as hard as she could...

The third spell Star Dusk had selected should have prevented this. Star Dusk was quickly frustrated.

Star Dusk also tried to touch this mare... ...various places...

This mare resisted strenuously, and began to repeat the same few words...

"No... You can't do that... I'm Shysage's Mare..."

Again, Star Dusk tried using her magic to help the result she wanted, the mare simply pulled away as hard as she could...

"No... You can't do that... I'm Shysage's Mare..."

Star Dusk had very different hopes for this...


...But after 30 minutes, Star Dusk was furious... And she was furious at this Shysage, whoever he was...

"You're Shysage's Mare, are you?" Star Dusk yelled loudly.

Star Dusk used her magic to grab a Scepter off the wall. She then used her magic to use the Scepter to beat this mare, hard, on her head.

This mare was soon screaming loudly, with bloody bruises on her head and face...

"LETS SEE IF SHYSAGE WANTS YOU NOW!!!"

Star Dusk yelled this a few times, while she was beating this mare.

Harsh words, at a vulnerable time....

"Guard" Star Dusk yelled.

Her guard came in.

"Take this 'thing' to the dungeon. She can rot away there, for all I care..."

The guard used his magic to drape the mare over his back, and was soon gone.

"And I thought Stallions were a hassle" Star Dusk said out loud at this point.

After a few minutes, Star Dusk said "Maybe that spell is broken, I don't know..."

Well, Star Dusk would not give up. "There's plenty of other mares in Canterlot" Star Dusk said to herself. "Stallions too, I don't know..."

Star Dusk was thinking to herself. The third spell Star Dusk had added, was supposed to affect mares only, but maybe the allegiance spell could help her with stallions. She had time to experiment, either way...

For maybe half an hour, Star Dusk tried to relax and calm down, especially over her anger at this Shysage, whoever he was.

Then Star Dusk walked up to the top of the steps in the Audience Hall, still holding the Scepter with her magic.

Star Dusk turned around, and sat where she felt a Princess would, and said softly and with flourish

"I present to you... ...Empress Star Dusk the Great, ruler of all Equestria."

Then she used her magic to bring the Scepter slowly towards herself, regally, at an angle across her chest in front of her.

Then she smiled...

Then she realized that the end of the Scepter still had drops of this mare's blood on it, and she quickly threw it down...