• Published 1st Feb 2013
  • 482 Views, 6 Comments

Saving Equestria - HazardFacts



I'm here now, and my mission is all that matters

  • ...
11
 6
 482

My Day Just Got Better

Chapter 8:
“Okay I gotta ask you something.”
“I already gave you permission to ask me any question you like.” She reminded me in a plain voice.
“I know, just making sure that deal is still running. Okay, do you and your sister really control the sun and the moon?”
Her plain expression turned into a aged smile and she answered. “Not exactly.”
I braced myself for the onslaught of knowledge that was sure to shatter my worldview… or something close to that. “You see, my sister and I do control the sun and moon, but our world still rotates on an axis around the sun with the moon in its orbit, much like your world.”
“But then how-“ I stopped myself so I could say something cooler, “Then what’s different from my world?” I tried to sound like I was cutting to the chase, kinda tried to be cool at the same time. Probably failed, but at least I tried.
“Our world moves too slowly,” she began, “If it were to be left to it’s own natural state, the days and nights would be too long.”
“And that’s bad because?”
“If the days were too long then the sun would dry up all water sources faster than they could be circulated through the clouds. And if the nights were too long the plants wouldn’t receive the sunlight they needed to survive.

“Well this is cool and all..” I began, exaggerating the skepticism in my voice like the drama king that I am, ”why am I here?”
“Whatever do you mean, Dorian?” the sun princess.
“I mean, like, why did you uh, commission you said? Commission me here to equestrian? Because I honestly doubt that it’s going to be for Luna to have a friend. My luck just doesn’t work like that.” I said, matter of fact-ly, jamming my hands in the pockets of my coat… and that’s when I remembered my Twizzlers .
“Okay forget what I said,” I corrected, pulling them out and opening the small pack, “my luck just got better.”