• Published 1st Feb 2013
  • 483 Views, 6 Comments

Saving Equestria - HazardFacts



I'm here now, and my mission is all that matters

  • ...
11
 6
 483

Royal Guard

Chapter 3:
Running… running… running… and let’s not forget about the several more gray creatures had jumped out of the bushes as I had passed them and started chasing me. I didn’t even bother to look back, I already had a plan. I stopped where I was and made a daring move. And I was kind of trying to be stupid at the same time… had to have a little fun, ya know? Even if it was at the worst of times I know, but it was necessary… yeah let’s go with that. Anyway I punched one of them square in, what I thought was a face. Then I turned back around and ran. Funny, I have the nickname “Hit and Run” at my school. And no, I don’t play baseball. Yeah… funny.

As I was saying, I was running and then an idea popped into my slow moving brain. I had just broken a tree in two; maybe I could do it again. And what would I do with that tree? Well, listen up and you’ll know.

I ran a bit further and put on the brakes; coasting to my destination. Seeing as I was in a forest and the ground wasn’t smooth the halt came almost instantly, nearly knocking me over. But I was next to my tree, just as I had wanted. I wound up, tucked my fist over my shoulder, and let loose on the trunk. Man, I almost feel bad for destroying a forest like that. It was a beautiful place too. I looked up to see where the tree was going to fall, and judging by how I wasn’t tackled and beaten to death, so did those creatures.

It was going to fall right next to me in the direction that I was running. I moved back… yeah, toward the big scary monsters. They all moved back a bit as well so I guess that was cool. As soon as the tree hit the ground I was all over it. I sprinted toward it and vaulted over it. Now, I don’t know if you’ve ever jumped over a fallen tree, but let me tell you; the things are frikkin huge. Now that we’ve settled that matter, I can move on. I wrapped my arms around the tree, getting as tight of a hold on it as I could, and tried something crazy. I tried lifting it up.

And that’s when I found out that I was not given the power of God Himself. Nope. I was strong but not that strong. After that failed I tried something new. I got down into a quick (and rather sloppy might I add) football stance. The creatures were closing in on me. I had to move fast and afterward I thanked God that my dad made me play football in 9th grade. I rushed the fallen trunk and, placing both hands on it, pushed it like I was in the most important game of the season. One touchdown decides the game for the other team, and the only way to stop the other team from achieving that goal is to jack up the guy in front of you. Same type of scenario, different stakes, different location, and as far as I can tell, different kinds of teams.

I’ll say that I managed to push the trunk a maybe about 30 yards (I say 30 because it makes me feel better about myself), which those things were able to clear in an easy jump. Okay seriously. WHAT THE CRUD WAS THAT. Someone was definitely messing with me there, and I didn’t like it. Then one of them, a white one with wings, springs out above them and picks me up. It started flying through the mess of trees that stuck up from the ground. Maneuvering around the trunks and under and over branches… the thing had skill. And big eyes… just sayin. So, defensively, I began punching this thing in its face. When I say punching I mean that kind of sideways punch you give someone when they’re carrying you somewhere that you don’t want to go. That kind of punch. Did I mention that these things were wearing armor? Because they were wearing a golden colored armor that began to hurt me when I hit it.
Eventually it dropped me and we both crashed in a clearing. Convenient, huh? No it was not. You know why? No? I’ll tell you why: A lot more of those things were surrounding me from several sides of the clearing. The white winged thing was starting to get up, so I kicked it in the head and watched it slip into unconsciousness.