• Published 6th Jun 2014
  • 988 Views, 0 Comments

The Wizard of Oz (McCracken Version) - sweetsweetlovebird



A re-imagained version of the classic story of The Wizard of Oz with characters created by the great Craig McCracken and Lauren Faust.

  • ...
4
 0
 988

A Lion needs Courage

Previously in Chapter 4:

Twilight, Spike and Wander come a cross a sad Tin Man named Bloo who wants a Heart so that he can have feelings again and reunite with his best friend Mac, so he joins them on their journey to the Emerald City to see the Wizard of Oz.

Chapter 5

As the friends walked deeper into the forest, Spike started to get worried. "Uh, guys," he said, "Do you all notice that the further we go into the forest, the darker it gets?"

"You're right, Spike," said Twilight, "I don't think I like it either." "Do you know if there are any dangerous animals in here, Bloo?" asked Wander.

"Not always," answered Bloo, "But sometimes, people come a cross lions, tigers, and bears." Then they got scared.

"Lions?" asked Twilight, "Tigers?" asked Wander, "And Bears?" asked Spike, "Yep," answered Bloo. "They can be here if you cross their way."

The now frighten friends continued to walk forth, until they heard a loud, "ROAR!!!" They all stopped scared to death. "Was That A Lion, Tiger, Or Bear?" asked a scared Spike, "I Don't Know!" answered an also scared Bloo, "Maybe We Should Turn Back Around!" said Wander.

But before they even could, a lion jumped out right in front of them and roared at them. It scared them all so much that Wander, Bloo and Spike all fell to the ground, and Twilight ran behind a tree. She was so scare that she didn't even think to use her magic on the lion.

The Lion got up, and asked a fight from all of them. "Come On!" she roared, "Put 'Em Up! I Wanna See Ya All Fight Like Boys, Or Are You Too Scared To Get Hit By A Little Small Lion Girl?!"

She kept on teasing them, starting with Wander as she began to punch him making his strew come out. "Hey!" he said, "Stop That! You Making My Strew Come Out Loss!" "Knocking The Stuffing Outta Ya, Aren't I?" she sneered.

Then she turned he attention to Bloo, and started punching him as well, this time, browsing his tin. "Hey!" she said, "Knock It Off!" "Knock It Off?" she asked with glee as if he meant latterly to 'Knock It Off', "Ok, If You Say So!"

"That's Enough!" yelled Spike, "He Meant To Stop It! Beside, Don't You Think You've Done Enough To Them?" The Lion then looked at him. "Ya Know," she said, "You're Right. I Am Done With Them. Now I Wanna Mess With You!" as she started to chase him down.

Twilight saw her favorite dragon being chased by the Lion, and that's when she had enough of this. "STOP THAT!" she said, then used her magic to push the Lion to a tree. "Don't You Dare Hurt Spike! It's Not Fair For Someone Like You To Go And Attack A Little Dragon!"

Then when she got closer to the Lion, she noticed that the Lion started to cry. "I DIDN'T BITE HIM!" she cried, "No," said Twilight, "but you tried to."

"YOU'RE THE ONE WHO PUSH ME ON THAT TREE WITH THAT HORN OF YOURS!" The Lion cried. "Of course she used her magic on you," said Wander. "It was the only way to stop you from hurting Spike," said Twilight.

"BUT DO YOU THINK OF HOW MUCH MAGIC MIGHT HURT ON SOMEONE ELSE!" cried out the Lion, "But don't you even think how other people feel when you push them?" asked Bloo.

"I'M A LION!" she cried, "I'M SUPPOSED TO STRICK FEAR INTO THE HEART OF OTHERS!" As she said this, she fell to the ground crying her heart out. "Why," said Twilight, "You're nothing but a Coward."

"YOU'RE RIGHT!" cried the Lion, "I AM A COWARD! EVERY ANIMAL IN THE FOREST ALWAYS LAUGH AT MY FACE WHENEVER I GET SCARED OF ANYTHING NOT SCARY AT ALL! BUTTERCUP THE SCAREDY CAT THEY CALL ME! THAT'S WHY I ACT TOUGH! I DON'T ANY COURAGE AT!"

As Buttercup cried more and more, and then Wander thought, "Twilight," he said, "Don't you think the Wizard will help her find some courage?" "That's a good idea, Wander," said Twilight.

She then went up to Buttercup and tried to cheer her up, and said, "Why don't you come with us? We're going to the Emerald City to see The Wizard."

"Why are you going to see a Wizard," asked Buttercup who stopped crying, "Well," said Twilight, "Spike and I are going to see him to get us home to Equestria." "I'm going to see him for a Brain," said Wander, "And I'm going to see if her can get me a Heart."

"If you come with us," said Twilight, "I'm sure we can get you some courage so you won't be afraid anymore." Buttercup was a little unsure at first, and said, "Do you know for sure if the Wizard can help me?"

"Well no," said Twilight, "But I think it's worth a try, don't you think?" Just as Buttercup was going to answer, they heard some rumbling.

"Oh No!" said Buttercup, "What is it?" asked Spike, "The Manticores!" she yelled, "They're Coming This Way! Come Quick! We Have To Get Away From Them As Fast As Possible!"

They all ran as fast as they could to get away from the manticores, but then they reach a ditch in the middle of the road. "Arh!" yelled Buttercup, "I Forgot About The Ditch!"

"What Should You Do Now?" asked a frantic Bloo, "Well," said a franc Twilight, "We Can't Just Stay Here And Like Those Manticores Get Us!"

Then Wander thought, "I've Got An Idea! Twilight, You Can Use Your Magic To Chopped Down That Tree, And Then Make Sure It Falls Straight Down To The Other Side Of The Ditch So We Can Cross It!"

"That's A First Rate Idea, Wander!" said Twilight, "and this guy thinks he can't think," whispered Spike to Buttercup.

Twilight narrowed herself in the right position to cut off the tree in the right angle for it to fall on the other side. She then used her magic, and thankful, the tree fell right on the other side for them to cross.

"It Worked!" said a very happy Spike, "You Did It, Twilight!" "I may have used my magic to help us, Spike," said Twilight, "But it was Wander who thought it up."

"Well then," said Bloo, "Good Job, Wander." "Awww," said a bashful Wander, "It was just a thought."

Then they all walked in a single file line, but before they could make it to the end, the manticores gang up on them.

"ROAR!!!!" yelled Buttercup, which stopped the manticores for a least a moment for all the friends to finish crossing. Good one, Buttercup," said Wander, "They'll stop the!"

Once they got to the other side, the manticores started chasing them again, but before they could get to the other side, the tree to get them a cross snapped into two, and left the tree and the manticores to fall.

"HA!" yelled a very happy Buttercup, "TAKE THAT YOU MEANY MANTICORES! YOU HAVE BEEN BEATEN BY BUTTERCUP, THE BIGGEST AND BRAVEST LION AND HER AWESOME FRIENDS!"

"We're your friends?" asked Spike. Then Buttercup turned and blushed, not even thinking of what she just said. "well," she said, "You did just help me get away from those manticores like you cared about me, didn't you? So, that makes us friends, doesn't it?"

"Of course it does," answered Twilight, "But now the question is will you come with us to the Wizard?" "You Bet I Will," answered Buttercup with glee, "I think with the five of us all to together, we can stop any creature that comes in our path!"

As she said this, the Wicked Witch of the West was watching them and heard what Buttercup said. "Just you wait, you pesky Lion," she said with a sneer, "You haven't seen nothing yet. A Wicked Witch with my talent for vitalness will make those manticores look like a sunday school picnic!" She laughs evilly.

"Alright then," said Twilight, "I think we're all ready for anything now, so let's move forward to the Emerald City and see the Wizard!"

Author's Note:

Now that there are five friends, are the safe from danger now, or has the real danger yet to come? Find out in the next chapter.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment