• Published 6th Jun 2014
  • 987 Views, 0 Comments

The Wizard of Oz (McCracken Version) - sweetsweetlovebird



A re-imagained version of the classic story of The Wizard of Oz with characters created by the great Craig McCracken and Lauren Faust.

  • ...
4
 0
 987

A Scarecrow needs a Brain

Previously, on Chapter 2:

Twilight and Spike have landed on the land of Oz, and accidentally dropped the house on a Wicked Witch of the East, and saved the helpless munchkins. Now with the magic ruby slippers, and the Good Witch's kiss to protect them from the dangers ahead, they embark on a journey to the Emerald City to see The Wizard of Oz to get them back to Equestria.

Chapter 3

As Twilight and Spike walk down the yellow brick road, things seem to be going in the right direction, that is until they come cross a cornfield and see that there are two pathways with yellow bricks.

"Oh no," said Twilight, "There's two paths with yellow bricks. Now which way do we go?" "I don't know, Twilight," said Spike, "I can't even sense which way smells like emeralds at all"

"Maybe that way is the right way," someone said from a distance. Twilight and Spike heard this and tried to look around to see who said this, but all they saw was a cornfield, a few crows, and a Scarecrow pointing in the right direction.

"Spike," said a confused Twilight, "Do you know who said that?" "No, Twilight," said a just as confused Spike, "All I saw was that scarecrow, and scarecrows can't talk."

"Or maybe the left way is the right way," said by the mysterious voice again. Once again, Twilight and Spike saw no one but the scarecrow, but then, they noticed something funny about it. It was now pointing the left direction.

"That's funny," said a even more confused Twilight, "Wasn't that scarecrow pointing the other way before?" "Yeah," said an also more confused Spike, "I thought it was pointing the other way too."

"Of course, people do go both ways!" said once again by the unknown voice, but this time, Twilight and Spike saw who it was who was talking this whole time. It Was The Scarecrow All Along!

"Spike," said a very surprised Twilight, "That Scarecrow was talking!" "Wow!" said an even more surprised Spike, "And I thought Scarecrow couldn't talk!"

Then the Scarecrow nodded, and then shook his head right after, and then nodded his head again. "Are you doing this on propose?" asked a now curious Twilight, "Or can't you make up your mind?" asked Spike.

"That's the trouble with me," said the Scarecrow, "I can't make up my mind. I haven't got brains at all. Only strew." He showed the drew in his head.

"Well," said Spike "How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?" "I don't know," answered the Scarecrow, "But I've heard some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?" "Yes," said Twilight, "I guess you're right." She looked at Spike with a smile, as he got annoyed by this.

Oh, excuse me," said Twilight, "We haven't meet properly now, have we?" "Why no," said the Scarecrow.

Twilight Bowed and said, "My name is Twilight Sparkle, and this is my dragon Spike." "Mighty nice to meet ya, Twilight and Spike," said the Scarecrow, "The Farmer who made me called me Wander."

"How do you do, Wander?" asked Twilight. "How do YOU do?" asked Wander. "Every well, thank you," said Twilight. "Oh, I'm not at all well," said Wander. "Ya see, it's really very tedious being shock up here on this pole night and day."

"Oh my," said Twilight, "That must be awfully dreadful. Can't you get down?" "Down?" asked Wander, "Well, Ya see, I'm, well, I'm," he was pretty stock on that pole.

Then Twilight went behind him to help. "Well there," she said, "Let me help you." "Oh, that's very kind of you," said Wander.

As Twilight look around to see what would bring him down, she couldn't find a thing. "Oh dear," she said, "I don't quite see anything that would help." Of course, you know I'm full of any brains at all," said Wander, "but if you just bend the nail down in the back, maybe I'll slip off of it." "Oh yes," said Twilight.

As she did that, Wander fell off the pole, he lost a little of his stuffing in the process. "Whoops!" said Wnader, "There goes some of me, I guess!" As pick it up, he laughed.

Does it hurt?" asked a worried Twilight, "Oh no," said a happy Wander, "I just keep picking them up and putting them back in again!" As he put of of his stuffing back in, he jumped with glee. "MY IT'S GOOD TO BE FREE!"

But lost his footing a bit, and tripped and fell, which really worried Twilight, and screamed as she ran over to him. "Did I scare you!?" asked Wander, "Oh no," answered Twilight, "I just thought you hurt yourself."

But I didn't scare ya?" asked Wander, "Of course not," answered Twilight, "I didn't think so," said a disappointed Wander.

Just then, a crow comes by and starts to caw at Wander and Twilight. "Boo! Scat!" as Wander was trying to scare off the crow, but to no a vale. The crow just simple pick out a piece of strew out of him, and flu away.

"Ya see?" said Wander, "I can't even scare a crow. They come from miles around to eat my field and they laugh at my face. Oh I'm a failure, because I haven't got a brain!" as he cried.

"Well," asked Twilight, "What would you do with a brain if you had one?" "Do?" asked Wander, "Well, if I had a brain, I could learn all types of different languages, know every street in every place, learn the most complicated words in the exiclopidia, find a cure for all fatal diseases, and….well, do anything really!"

As he said all of this, he danced around and by the end of it, he fell, and lost some of his strew again. "That's wonderful!" said Twilight as she ran to help him, "If any of the scarecrows back in Equestria can do that, the crows would be scared to pieces."

They would?" asks Wander, "Where is Equestria?" "That's where Spike and I live," said Twilight, "and we're soon desperate to go back home, we're going to the Emerald City to see the Wizard of Oz for help."

"You're going to see a Wizard?" asked Wander. Both Twilight and Spike nodded. "Do you think if I went with you two to see the Wizard, he would give me some brains?" he asked.

"I don't see why not," said Twilight, "but even if he didn't, you'd be not worse off than you are now." Then Wander thought, "Yes, that's true."

"But maybe you better not," said Spike, "We've got some danger on ahead of us, including a Wicked Witch if we crossed her patch."

"A Witch?" asked Wander, "I'm not afraid of a Witch. I'm not afraid of anything!" But then he looked around and whispered to Twilight and Spike, "except a lighted match." "I don't blame you for that," said Twilight.

"But I'd face a whole box full of them for the chances of getting some brains!" said Wander. He then pleaded with Twilight. "Look, I won't be any trouble, because I don't eat a thing, and I won't try to mange things, because I can't think! Won't you take me with you?"

As Twilight thought of this, she looked at Spike, who shook his head no liking the idea. The she turned to Wander, who looked at her with big puppy dogs eyes. And the she answered with a loving small, "Why, of course I will." Spike face pomed in shame by things.

Wander jumped with glee. "HOORAY! WE'RE OFF TO SEE A WIZARD!" As he finished, he fell again. Twilight tried to help him up to his feet again.

"Well," said Spike, "You're not starting off very feel." Twilight glared at him for his remark, but Wander simple said, "Oh, I'll try. Really I will."

"To Oz?" asked Twilight, "To Oz!" answered Wander, and they all shipped down the right path of the road.

Author's Note:

Now with a new friend along with them, well get to to the Emerald City without worry, or is there still danger yet to come? Find out in the next chapter.